Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1366180 Posts in 64016 Topics- by 55902 Members - Latest Member: BlueSoft Tech

September 18, 2019, 06:20:14 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 552 553 [554]
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1465123 times)
mise
Level 0

http://tuggowar.io

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11060 on: August 23, 2019, 06:24:45 AM »

Hi!

I'm from Utrecht, Netherlands. You might find me at the Dutch Game Garden where I'm in their Incubation program. PM me if you'd like to connect IRL!

My passion for games has always been about dev/design and the competitive side. I love competitive games with both big skill and luck components. If you feel the same way, you may agree that it leads to more variaty and surprise, but maybe most importantly because you can have fun playing vs almost any skill level and still play at your best. The same applies when you are way ahead or way behind.
My favorites so far: MTG, Poker, Dominion, Hearthstone, Backgammon.

I have also enjoyed games with little luck like Quake 3, Warcraft 3 and my currently most played game Rocket League.

If you have a serious and accessable project and want to share playtesting experiences, let me know!
The same goes if you need help with server/client architechture for turn based games.
I'm working with typescript/C# and I would love to share experiences working with WebGL.

Thanks for reading,

Mise
TAG_Animus
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #11061 on: August 28, 2019, 04:27:55 PM »

Hello TIG,

I am TAG_Animus, and I'm starting to make games (Unity/C#), so I figured I might as well hang out where the rest of the indie-devs do.

History with Gaming
I tell everyone that I was born with a controller in my hand. I have a history with gaming that has fairly-well influenced every aspect of my life. I started with NES; the first game I beat was Sesame Street ABC/123 with Ernie and Grover, so you know I started out with a strong foundation. Since then, I've touched several systems including PC, Gameboy, Gamegear, SNES, Genesis, Gameboy Color, N64, PS1, Gameboy Advanced/SP, Dreamcast, PS2, Gamecube, XBOX, XBOX360, WII, PS3, XBOXONE, PS4, WIIU, and Switch.

Current State of Gaming
Hardware
-The XBox has the best controller, but it lacks good titles and the flirtation with Kinect for so long really made them lag behind.
-The PS4 has very many great console-specific titles; I wish their controller was as comfortable as the XBox's.
-The Switch is a great concept, but my massive American hands struggle to keep hold of the tiny controller (and I hate the attachment's plastic on plastic feel). Also, the A/B is backwards. I know they technically made the controller first, but the [Confirm] bottom-button and [Cancel] right-button is fairly bog-standard. And, with everything else, the gramphix could catch up to 2005 at least. 1080p has been out for how long now? And don't get me started on the difficulty of their IP (ez)...
-The PC -- I think any multi-gb game should be available on PC. Imagine if all the above had their own PC store-fronts - the profit-generation. Omg. I love the PC.
-VR is not the future of gaming. I played for an hour an got motion sickness - badly. There might be something in AR, but VR is not the answer.
-Mobile gaming, to me, is awful. I have several visions of what I thought mobile gaming would be, but it turned into F2P grind-fests overloaded with ads and micro-transactions. No thank you.

Software
I think that I'm burned out on a lot of AAA studios. Activision/Blizzard, Bethesda, EA, BioWare, Bungie, 343, Microsoft, etc. These studios have produced more garbage than greatness, lately. I know it's popular to dump on them, but there's a good reason for it. What I don't understand is why the greater gaming community continues to fund this garbage AND then tries to explain to me that it's okay that they pay premium prices on sub-par titles. It's a perpetual motion machine of farts.

This is why I think I'm interested in the Indie-game movement. I know the market is saturated, but I think that it's a good thing. So many people are taking the risk to produce great titles that compete against the AAA devs. Could you imagine if EA got a hold of the golden nuggets like Stardew Valley - the games would be eviscerated before launch. I love the indie game community specifically because it seeks out these games that push out a personal over a corporate mood. There's charm there.

Top 10 Games All Time
1) Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time - N64
2) The Last of Us - PS3
3) Final Fantasy X - PS2
4) League of Legends - PC
5) SSX Tricky - PS2
6) Banjo Kazooie - N64
7) Fable - Xbox
8') Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic - Xbox
9) Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - SEGA Genesis
10) Pikmin - Gamecube
Honorable Mentions
A) Gummi Ship (from Kingdom Hearts II - I'm serious. The Gummi Ship was more fun than the actual game.)
B) Factorio
C) Halo Series
D) Mirror's Edge
E) Guitar Hero

Game Projects I'd like to Tackle
1) Pongo Ultima - Multi-player PVE pong/brick-breaker with a campaign. Each boss adds a new element to ponging.
2) Galaxial IST - Gummi Ship/Star Fox with tunnels (long levels) and all-range-mode areas
3) Bunny Chucker - I'm remissed to divulge more
4) Battle Dads - Again... it's better showing than explaining

What I'll end up making
1) A pong clone
2) A SHMUP
3) Blackjack

Can't wait to see where this journey takes me!

It is your moral obligation to create what is good in the world.
Skaggsoft
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11062 on: August 29, 2019, 10:59:12 AM »

My name's Zach. I miss games from the 90's.

I'm developing a first-person dungeon crawler along with my brother.
Surely you aren't interested in hearing me talk about myself.
I'll go and post about my game; I promise my game's more interesting than I am.  Smiley

madclick
TIGBaby

Indie Developer

View Profile
« Reply #11063 on: August 29, 2019, 04:37:40 PM »

Hi I'm Chris and I'm working on hyper casual games on the mobile ios.
Developing on the Unity platform with Playmaker

-History with gaming
Heroes of Might and Magic 2,3,4
Temple of Elemental Evil
Resident Evil 0,1,2,3,4,5,7
Nintendo Classics
Super Mario 1,2,3 (Nintendo)
Starcraft 1
Warcraft III
Spikeout
Street Fighter 2 World Edition
The Last of Us
Legend of Zelda: Adventure of Link
etc

-Current Play
Archero (ios)

http://bit.ly/This_is_Not_a_StarWars_Game
« Last Edit: August 29, 2019, 05:00:49 PM by madclick » Logged

http://bit.ly/This_is_Not_a_StarWars_Game
https://www.facebook.com/Nothingbutfun/
Indie Developer
Hyper Casual Games (similar to Ketchapp | Voodoo)
Trivia Word Games
CultistFactory
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #11064 on: September 03, 2019, 12:38:03 PM »

Hi! I'm CultistFactory! I'm working on Cultist Factory! Obviously, it's really lucky that my parents named me that, given that one day I'd make a game called that! (I didn't see anything in the rules that I had to use my real name? That's cool, right?)

I'm doing the game all by myself, so it's going to take a while! Also, I'll be doing all the pixel art myself (which I suck at) so I'll be in the pixel art section of the forum a lot I'd imagine). Programming & design I'm alright at. XD

The game will be like Factorio/BigPharma/Production Line, etc in that it uses conveyorbelts, with all the cruncy gameplay interlocking lego goodness that they provide, but to sacrifice cultists to awaken cthulu. So you know, basically the same as Factoiro! XD

I've been told all good game devs are on twitter, so I joined. I'm @cultistfactory.

THS703Games
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11065 on: September 04, 2019, 06:08:38 AM »

Hi to all, I have created a new android game  called Planet Switch Wink. I spent a lot of time for it. I hope you will  enjoy the game . If you want to download it go here to amazon app store Shrug  https://www.amazon.it/dp/B07X9HRN84 . I will publish the game also to the play store and appstore    Smiley
apseren
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11066 on: September 08, 2019, 05:38:00 AM »

Hi, I'm Apseren and am an independent games developer. My most recent game is called Fuzzy and is about answering the question: How should we program self-driving cars to react in ethically difficult situations? Can be played on https://apseren.itch.io/fuzzy

the scaper
Level 0

just a guy being a dude

View Profile
« Reply #11067 on: September 09, 2019, 05:07:37 PM »

hi I'm the scape a first time game dev.

as someone who grew up hearing about the big indie success stories like:
SCP Containment breach
Slender: the eight pages
yume nikki
Minecraft
and ALOT more and so I decided to make my own game for once and do something with my life and maybe (just maybe) have people like a game I made

this is my signature
kraet64
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11068 on: September 11, 2019, 08:21:40 PM »

Just a game dev who can't seem to finish his projects ever. Durr...?

hello
ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

The programmer of games

View Profile
« Reply #11069 on: September 12, 2019, 03:41:50 AM »

Well hey, I think a lot of people are in the same boat, so don't worry about it too much!

I do recommend changing your profile picture to a smaller one though (100pxx100px would be ideal) since larger profile images aren't automatically resized, and yours is quite big!

kraet64
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11070 on: September 12, 2019, 07:45:08 PM »

got my pfp fixed! used my little alien dude instead

hello
Siavellez
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11071 on: September 12, 2019, 08:15:16 PM »

Hey everyone! You can call me Siavellez or Red Phantom.

I am very excited to have joined this amazing community full of people supporting each other.

I first began game developing when I was 12, I produced some indie games that were basically really bad. I was inspired into game development because of my love of games, and just the simple fact of how much enjoyment games have given me. Some of my favourite games growing up include:
- Rayman Games on Playstation 2.
- Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Originals (Red/Blue & Explorers of Time/Darkness) on DS.
- Drawn to Life on DS.
- Ratchet and Clank games on Playstation 2.
- Bomberman Land (1 & 2) on DS.

All time favourite game/memories - Rayman 3 Hoodlum Havoc.

Also I'm not a fan of any rayman rabbids games for clarification

Some of you may already know me from the gamemaker community forums as "Red Phantom".

My all time favourite indie game:
- Astatine by Cesque

I wish Cesque still developed games but unfortunately I think he/she does not.
He/she had an amazing work in progress "Aeronesia" which he/she never finished.

I first played this game, "Astatine" by "Cesque" probably 6-7 years ago, 4 years ago I started doing
runs of the game again and it re-ignited my passion in game development and it made me begin my first serious game project!
So thank you "Cesque" for making that game.

Two other indie games I also love are:
- Assassing Blue by Banov
- Baghead Bandit by Alex Schacher

Is there anyone else out there that loves astatine, assassin blue or baghead bandit as much as I do?

I'm going-to/willing to test out games here so if you want your work in progress reviewed with feedback let me know!
It would be nice if I found simple indie or even non-indie games that I can add to my folder full of my favourite small games!

On a different note, I consider myself to be a novice game: concept, story and level designer as well as programmer.
I would also like to seriously improve my skills as a pixel artist and music developer.

Thanks for reading!

« Last Edit: September 12, 2019, 11:31:46 PM by Siavellez » Logged
alxgrade
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #11072 on: September 13, 2019, 01:56:29 AM »

Hello everyone!

My name is Alex. I've already worked on several AAA games, but now I want to become purely indie game developer by myself. I can't choose which one is better, code or art, so I'm doing both things at the same time - and as indie-developer it is a completely fine, I guess. I will try to post frequent devlogs and will share knowledge that I have from old projects.

I can't say that I like any specific genres of games, but I really dig into games, that deliver some kind of feelings - like Ocarina of Time, MGS series or Journey. Feelings, that makes you cry, laught, smile and sad - this is what games are for me.
LeissPendragon
Level 0

Composer, retro game enthusiast

View Profile
« Reply #11073 on: September 13, 2019, 09:09:45 AM »

Hi TIG! I'm a composer just on the mend from a brutal year of failed and shelved projects, hoping to get back into the game and stronger than ever~
KrokoStudio
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11074 on: September 14, 2019, 12:17:08 PM »

Hi everyone!

I'm Mathieu, french and playing games since I am 5 y/o. I mostly played online games like CS:GO, WoW and Silkroad. But I also have a strong love for the indie game community. With my bestfriend, we decided few weeks ago to start developping our own games on mobile. We are trying slowly to discover this world and after we hope to add a little of originality in it.
JackofTraes
Level 0

Technical Game Designer | Systems & Gameplay

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11075 on: September 14, 2019, 08:19:45 PM »

Hello,

My name IRL is Trae but I also respond to Tera or JackofTraes.

At the time of this posting, I am currently working within the indie games space. I enjoy recreational simulations, RPGs, manga/anime, MMOs, party games (like overcooked), and multiplayer games in general.

Engine: Unity
Dev Role(s): Programmer C# (Indie); Systems Designer (AAA)
Education: Full Sail University (Game Design)
Favorite Games (All Time): Smash TV; FF Crystal Chronicles; Runescape (2007); Harvest Moon: Save The Homeland; Second Life; Guild Wars (2005); Don't Starve (Together, even!); Spiral Knights

I am always learning (which works out because I love it). I enjoy working with individuals that are passionate and talented with game development. In teams, I mainly take on technical or narrative roles - I am a very weak artist, but I may take up learning basic 3D modeling (probably low poly) and UI design in the future.

If you think I'd be a good addition to your team, definitely let me know - I will respond to serious requests as soon as I can!  Gomez
« Last Edit: September 14, 2019, 09:13:14 PM by JackofTraes » Logged

"I'm happy anyway..."
-NEON-
Level 0

Resonance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11076 on: September 16, 2019, 02:58:34 PM »

Yo! I'm -NEON-,or CryoGX in some other places. I got into gaming with the GameCube & Gameboy Advance, with Sonic and Kirby as my first real steps into the world.

Through my childhood I had a passion for (mostly Nintendo) games and wanted to replicate/appreciate the experiences in some way.

I drew Sonic since childhood and ended up becoming a digital character artist!

Messed around with a mobile DAW in middle school and now can compose my own OSTs.

Said "screw it I REALLY want to make games now" and just graduated with a B.S. degree in Computer Science (concentration in Gamedev).

Now I'm making my own full video game out of sheer passion for the idea and the medium. Sometimes I wonder why the heck did I want to be able to do EVERYTHING (in terms of making games), but I'm really glad I decided to take the challenge. Now I'm going all in on my own passion project, and feel like, with enough time and effort (and financial stability), I can tackle every problem I come across!

Every one of those things I mentioned individually is incredibly fun; it's even more fun to be able to utilize them all for the sake of your dreams!

I wish all of you guys the best of luck, and I hope to have some fun here, too!

ghostofpunk
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11077 on: September 17, 2019, 07:39:26 PM »

Hi everyone,
I'm Noah, I'm a young adult who lives in America. I'm new to game development but I have played video games my whole life. Game development is just a hobby to me, right now I am studying to become a social worker. I work part time at a library and spend my free time playing Skyrim, Animal Crossing, Breath of the Wild, Minecraft, Harvest Moon, Stardew Valley, Sims, Rain World, and Mario Kart Double Dash.

I really like games that have a lot of lore and stuff that I can read up on. I would love to one day create a world that has that immersive quality to it. So, my favorite games tend to be open world games, but I also love animals and plants so farming games are super fun for me.

Something I've always wanted to do is find an MMO that I can really find a community in and tell stories with. I also want to move to another country (someplace cold), but that's not game-related.  Tongue

Not much else to say, but I do foster kittens!
« Last Edit: September 17, 2019, 07:44:37 PM by ghostofpunk » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 552 553 [554]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic