Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411508 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 09:55:14 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 553 554 [555] 556 557 ... 601
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1952380 times)
carbonphry
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11080 on: October 29, 2019, 03:31:11 PM »

Yo everyone, My name is Hunter and I'm currently a student developer! I've been working on games since high school and I'm currently in the process of starting my own Indie Dev studio. You can check out my portfolio here: https://hunterwustation.com/
EGProject
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11081 on: October 30, 2019, 09:14:21 AM »

Hello everybody!

We are indie developers from Ukraine, Kiev. Our small team develops games for mobile platforms iOS and Android — this is our main task. Here you can find our main projects: https://www.reddit.com/r/EGProject/
We plan to release the most successful ones on Steam in the nearest future.

Thanks for reading this message.
pBr_oska
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11082 on: November 03, 2019, 04:05:34 AM »

Hey, my name is Paul and I'm a an 21 year-old second year student at UG (University of Gdańsk) in Sopot Poland.
<----- Developing in UE4 as my picture, if you are working on some intresting projects or just need help send a dm.
As I always loved playing FPS games such as COD MW, MW2, BF3 decided to develop my own competetive shooter.
Played so much other games from 2009-2019 era... so the process of creating is more intresting now. Hand Joystick Hand Joystick
Rainbow Teapot
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11083 on: November 05, 2019, 09:22:17 AM »

Hi everyone!

We are a game development team formed by some colleagues who study videogame design and development. We are currently working in a final project for our classes and we were greatly encouraged to make some devlogs, and we thought this will be the best place to do so ^^

See you soon!  Smiley

ImaginationOverflow
TIGBaby

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11084 on: November 05, 2019, 11:04:39 AM »

Hi from Portugal \o

My name is Diogo, and I'm the lead developer on a super micro-sized studio in Portugal. I'm also a part-time teacher at a local college, so I make games during the day and teach coding at night.

ImaginationOverflow is pretty much my main goal in my professional life, I've been building stuff with its name since 2011 but in 2015 we finally started working on games. Since then we released 3 games, Stellar Interface (Steam, Xbox, Switch), Sudoku Zenkai (Steam, All mobile platforms) and Super Bunny Laser Spikes (All mobile platforms).

For the last couple of years we've been working on Oirbo, a metroidvania inspired game (one more XD), that should come out on Q1 2020 (hopefully).

Besides that, we also make plugins for Unity and random utility apps for mobile.

Making games and Plugins everyday
Lukuluk
TIGBaby

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11085 on: November 05, 2019, 01:45:17 PM »

Hey, I'm Luc, making games since 1010 as a Game Designer, (since early 2018 as an indie).

All started in my childhood while my father added video games in my bottle. Then I went a Game Design school and worked at Cyanide on Game of Thrones RPG, Egg Ball on many games, and Leikir Studio on Isbarah, Wondershot and several unanounced games. During that time I've made many personal projects and game jams. You can find some of my works here. During these years I sharpened my strength and now I'm very happy to work on my own project full time!

Some of the games which had a very big impact on me include Sonic 1, Herzog Zwei, Doom 1, Heretic, Hexen, Ascendancy, Monkey Island, Metroid Zero Mission and Prime, Smash Bros series, Star Fox 64, Zelda series (OOT as the top one), Mario 64/Sunshine/Galaxy, Metal Gear Solid, ZOE 2, Golden Sun, Mario Kart DS, F-Zero GX, Final Fantasy X, SSX Tricky, Unreal, Quake, Halo series, Half Life 1-2, Portal 1, Thirty Flight of Loving, Braid, Journey, Warcraft 2-3, Wow, Diablo 2, Starcraft 1-2, Quake 1-2-3, SOMA, Soul Calibur 3, Dark Souls...
Rah, too many games, I have to stop my list or I will never finish this post!

Now I'm working with a nice team on a game called Metal Guts, and we call ourselves Toco!

I've been wandering on TIG Source forums sometimes since 2008, discovering many incredible games, but never created an account. So now it's done Tears of Joy

Here is my Twitter: https://twitter.com/LukuluK
And Toco's website: http://toco.xyz

katanalevy
Level 0

chris

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11086 on: November 06, 2019, 05:52:11 AM »

Hi folks,

I'm Chris - a painter of greetings cards by day and hobbyist game developer by night. I'm interested in abstract and surreal games that focus on atmosphere, visuals and audio design.

Looking forward to chatting with other developers and pushing the boundaries of what games can do.

https://katanalevy.artstation.com/
harsay
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11087 on: November 06, 2019, 12:31:38 PM »

I can't remember if I had introduced myself.

Gamedev was my dream. I love programming. I've done some game jams. The dream met reality and now I'm a software developer in a completely different industry - I'm still liking it by the way. Given that now I can focus on hobbies after work hours, I'm putting a little bit more love on developing ideas that were in my head for a very long time.

Nice to meet you guys.

nikkoguy
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11088 on: November 08, 2019, 03:24:47 PM »

Heya! i'm nikko, nikkoguy on twitter. I've been working as a professional animator for 6+ years now. I've had a couple stints in trying hobby game dev stuff, trying flashgames, gms1, unity and now I'm learning gms2 and it's going way better.

I'm currently working on a turnbased action rpg, will hopefully get a prototype out soon so I actually have something to show lol.

I'm here to meet some other devs!
Robocop
Level 0

Your move, creep.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11089 on: November 09, 2019, 01:47:30 PM »

What's up, all, I'm Woody, a wannabe indie game developer. I run a small multi-state "pub trivia" company and also invented a robotic gameshow host that runs live fully-automated Bingo games in bars and restaurants. My trivia nonsense pays the bills, but game dev is my true passion.

I first got into games when my older brother got an NES for Christmas. One of my first memories is being at some department store with my mom, and she let me pick out a game. I couldn't read, so of course I went for the golden cartridge of The Legend of Zelda. I'd have to constantly call my mom into the den where the NES was to have her read the game text to me.

May favorite games, in no particular order, have to be:
  • Earthbound
  • A Link to the Past
  • X-Com 2
  • Shining Force (1 and 2)
  • Final Fantasy Tactics
  • Fallout New Vegas
  • Rock n' Roll Racing
  • Hogs of War
  • Mega Man series (NES)
  • Mega Man X 1-3
  • Super Mario RPG
  • Lufia II
  • Armored Core series (mostly 1 and 2)
  • Knights of the Chalice (amazing little indie DnD game)
  • KotR 1 and 2
  • the Burnout series, except for Paradise

I've spent the past 15 or so years on and off developing a multiplayer tile-based strategy game called SODWA. You can check out the SODWA website and my dev blog at https://sodwastudios.com.

Other than games, I'm a rescuer of cats. I've got 3 rescues and 1 shelter cat. That's Nuggie in the pic above. He was in such bad shape when we found him that our vet told us, "don't get attached". But we fed him with a little dropper and got him dewormed and our shelter cat embraced him and now he's as happy and healthy as can be!

Thanks for reading and I look forward to becoming a part of the tigsource community! <3
« Last Edit: November 09, 2019, 02:14:57 PM by Robocop » Logged
redbox
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11090 on: November 14, 2019, 01:01:06 PM »

Hi everbody,

I'm an indie game programmer and designer in Turkey
I've been making games with my wife for 2 years. Nowadays, we are working on hypercasual mobile games.

Looking forward to playing your games!  Gomez
mason1
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11091 on: November 14, 2019, 02:49:01 PM »

My name is Mason and I got started in gaming back in the mid 90s on either Marathon or Warcraft. I have had a long term interest in game development. The earliest proof of my interest was in '97 when I used the Warcraft II editor.

I am currently working on a Hack'n'Slasher in space. The game is called Space ARPG and is accessible at http://spacearpg.com

Looking forward to the community!
intohistory
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11092 on: November 17, 2019, 03:37:25 PM »

Hi guys! I'm an 18 year old programmer who's been working on various projects in Unity for about 5 years now. I've spent a lot of time on procedural generation, and have become pretty experienced at it. I've recently started showing off my WIP game Buried State, which is a 4X RTS + FPS hybrid that takes inspiration from games like Civilization and Mount and Blade.
moonmoonmark
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11093 on: November 18, 2019, 01:38:18 AM »

Hey!

What a nice forum this is! I really like how supportive everyone is and all the creativity I see all around.

Short introduction:
I'm Mark, a dutch artist/musician. I've been recording lo-fi music in my bedroom for a long time under the name Moon Moon Moon. Eventually, I started to revisit an old love of mine: game development. I thought, why not mix those two things together and combine songwriting with storytelling games. So that's what I started doing. Then my lo-fi band project grew into a production studio with a friend from America and now we're here; doing what we love most.

I also make videos, I perform with my band (sometimes solo), I make animations and I draw a lot. I love Christmas lights, the end.

gennosuke6
Level 0

Fino alla fine!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11094 on: November 18, 2019, 07:55:25 AM »

Hello, happy people!  Grin

I'm Gennosuke6, starting here today, but I've been developing games (or at least trying) for quite some time. I love indie games, and retro games. I'm not much into the recent AAA games, I don't know why, I'm just not.
I love games since my NES, when I was very young. Super Mario, Tiger Helli, Ikki, Ducktales, and Chip N Dale are the first games introduced in my life, together with other ones. And my favourite genres are JRPG and Musou games (Yes, I'm very especific saying "Musou" games, not hack and slash  Smiley).

Nice to meet you all!

Creating things that I love!
DanilKalyupa
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11095 on: November 18, 2019, 10:25:25 AM »

Hello! My name is Danil and I'm trying to get into the game development with my first game (I'm a game designer) called Godstruction. Our team started working on it in February and now we're doing our best to get it funded on Kickstarter.

Personally, I'm an absolute fan of auto-chess games, especially Teamfight Tactics and Hearthstone Battlegrounds. Sometimes, I also play Slay the Spire Smiley

Nice to meet you guys!
LincRead
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #11096 on: November 18, 2019, 04:40:41 PM »

Hi, I'm a Norwegian game developer currently residing in Australia. I mostly do freelance consultancy in various roles, and have worked on a wide range of software projects, video games for entertainment, and educational games and apps. I'm currently developing my own RTS for PC (30+ months into development). I haven't been able to get in touch with any other game developers in the region I live in, so it can get a bit lonely!
octagone
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #11097 on: November 19, 2019, 07:57:40 AM »

I am Adetola. I am developer with interests in building causal mobile games. I created Light Army (worlds at war) and I am currently working on other games. It's great to be here.

My game link:Your comments and critic are welcome. help me make it better.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.osifeso.lightarmy
therlo.music
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #11098 on: November 19, 2019, 05:07:26 PM »

Hello everyone!

My name is Chris Gruchacz, I'm a musician/composer/producer looking to enter the indie game industry and provide some music for some awesome games! I'm in the starting phases of launching my online presence, where I'll be releasing music under the stage name "Therlo".

Though my background is far more related to music than it is to game design (I've never designed a game, but I am currently experimenting with FMOD and Unity to see how it all works), I would have to say that playing video games really helped me fall in love with music. I grew up playing mostly AAA stuff... Halo, Elder Scrolls, Fallout, Fable, WoW (lots and lots of WoW), some Starcraft, some SWTOR, Maple Story, Rift, Battlefield, Mass Effect, to name a few... just lots of big name stuff. As far as indie games are concerned, I'm a bit less familiar. I played some Subspace Continuum back in the day (anyone still playing now???) and recently just played through FEZ, and my Steam wishlist is growing by the day.

Of all the games I've played, Halo, WoW and Morrowind+Oblivion+Skyrim had the most profound impact on me. Their soundtracks are incredible and they really took me to a new place while playing. They were super effective at making me feel immersed in the game. I still keep my Halo 2 soundtrack CD in my car so I can get a nice slap in the face from Nostalgia while I drive to work.

So anyway, after years of playing in rock bands and writing electronic music (although I still love these things and do these things regularly), I am embracing what I feel is my deeper calling and have started working at composing for video games. There's so much more freedom and room for artistry and imagination with soundtrack music, plus I love using orchestral sounds (I do tend to get a bit philosophical with this stuff). I haven't worked on any games yet, but I've been writing some music to use as my examples/portfolio, as well as just for some practice, and I'll be releasing it on SoundCloud, so feel free to check it out!

https://soundcloud.com/therlo_music

Based on what I've read and seen so far on this site, the indie game community seems like it's full of awesome people, and as a newcomer I definitely feel welcome and excited to check out everyone's work!
cozycloudprod
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11099 on: November 20, 2019, 02:50:09 PM »

Hey everyone! My name is Daniel and I'm an indie game developer working on my first commercial game!

I got into games when I was a kid playing the Sly Cooper and Jak & Daxter games on the ps2, and always wanted to create interactive worlds of my own since.

Now I'm on a journey to make that dream a reality  Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 553 554 [555] 556 557 ... 601
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic