Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411279 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 03:59:26 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 554 555 [556] 557 558 ... 601
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1907333 times)
GameMaker Rob
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11100 on: November 21, 2019, 10:09:27 AM »

Hello! I'm Rob and this is me holding my cat after I decided to join the Ridiculous Hairstyle Club:

I've been playing video games from an early age as we first owned a ZX Spectrum and then a 128k Spectrum (they were British computers if you were wondering) before I was lucky enough to get a SNES.

The game that stands out for me the most is probably Secret of Mana - mainly because it's the first game that I remember making me actually feel anything (Sprite noo!!!).

I don't think it was video games that made me actually want to MAKE games though. It was seeing or knowing about different board games like HeroQuest / Space Marines and not being able to play them that made me get a pair of scissors, cardboard, and paper and make my own very bad knock-off versions. I also wrote rules for Pen and Paper RPG's that nobody ever played after I discovered (and never played) DnD.

I didn't know or realise that I could get a job designing and making games so I promptly began working in "normal" jobs that I usually didn't like much.

Around 4 years ago I started to use GameMaker Studio and I've logged around 3000 hours between GameMaker 1 & 2 and I'm loving it.

I have one released game Call Center Sim: (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.lolgames.CallCenterSimADS which I wanted to make after playing so many Kairosoft games.

I've gotten into making Tutorials on YouTube for GameMaker and I've been hired to work on a few projects too, but I've also been working on some of my own projects (I'll make a thread in the Play Testing section for one of them).

Nice to meet you all!

PS I also moved to California a few years ago.
Le777
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11101 on: November 21, 2019, 10:56:54 AM »

Bonjour,

I'm Thomas from France. I found this forum thanks to Spelunky, the book. I'm new in game dev, slowly learning the joys of Unity. I also do some visual art, inspired by glitch art. My plan for 2020 is to travel in van throught Europe while working on games projects and creating content for Youtube. But I'll tell you more about that later. For now you can follow me via Instagram.

I'm a big fan of Sid Meiers's games, rogues likes, Zeldas (Majora <3 ) and currently playing Rust. Also big interest for History, travels, skate, glitch art and many more.

Cant wait to play your games !
Kastlo
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11102 on: November 22, 2019, 06:21:19 AM »

Hello everyone!
My name is michele, but I go by the name Kastlo, or whatever you feel like. I'm from Italy.
It's been a while since I've partecipated in any forum discussion but I've been trying to find a community to become a better game programmer/designer and maybe make a couple of friends on the way!

As anyone here I do have my favourite games but different titles come to mind at different times, and I like to think that I'm someone who tries to like something.
But maybe I could try to spit out a couple of titles that I didn't enjoy that much, so maybe you'll have a better opportunity to like me or not.

I don't like The Elder Scrolls (and by that I mean Oblivion and Skyrim, didn't play too much of the ones before those)
I like Bastion's OST, but I didn't like the gameplay all that much
I don't like Super Meat Boy or Spelunky. Not even The Binding of Isaac

I think these are more than enough for now. Oh, it's totally unrelated but I LOVE ponchos. I have one irl and I'm super proud of it.  Gentleman

SuperMoose
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11103 on: November 24, 2019, 05:21:20 PM »

hi, my names Ian, my main job is web development but i've worked on personal game projects on and off for years now. I usually end up starting something and get discouraged when my lack of art skill gets in the way.

I've currently started on a fighting game that I've made more progress with than others, so i'm hoping to make some connections and get feedback

silvawhite
TIGBaby

Butt jokes are funny

View Profile
« Reply #11104 on: November 24, 2019, 06:10:28 PM »

Hi my name's Silva, and I wanna make a cool game. I'm good at art and can compose music, and I'm a computer science major who wants to inspire people the way my favorite games inspired me. I wanna make a great game which I can be proud of. I'm joining here so I can surround myself with a community of people who I can compete with and learn things from. I hope to be an active member and help others improve while I improve myself.
Zeyrr
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #11105 on: November 26, 2019, 09:25:47 PM »

Hello, everyone. I go by Zeyrr. I've been playing games since I was about 3, like most people here, and I've wanted to compose music for games ever since I was around 8. So, I've just practiced that a bunch. I'll likely be looking around for light projects to work on, so I look forward to working with everyone.
Nanush
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11106 on: November 26, 2019, 11:47:29 PM »

Hi all, i'm Noam, a 3d artist, animator, motion designer, and a wannabe indie game developer,
I have created a game in the past and as an art director & gameplay designer, latlay I have started learning how to program in unity & C#.
Currently i'm cooking some new ideas for a new game and working to release the game that i have already made.

I love space games, specifically action & turn based strategies games.
 Beer!

Jappe-Studios
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11107 on: November 28, 2019, 07:32:20 AM »

Hello,

I'm a young game developer from Finland. I started making games three years ago. I like to play flight simulators, bus simulators and car games (BeamNG).
I mainly use Unity to make games but I have also tried Unreal Engine 4.

--Jappe-Studios
Enrico
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11108 on: November 28, 2019, 12:19:27 PM »

Hello, I'm a full time software developer and I make games during my spare time. I enjoy games with a great story more than games with great gameplay or graphics.
sleecin
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #11109 on: November 29, 2019, 11:52:43 PM »

Hello there

My name is Daniel

I am from sweden.

Love rpg type of game.  My faves are diablo and zelda and final fantasy.

I really enjoy both experiance a world and characters and also developing them myself.

RPGs with pen and paper is very fun too.

I also love numbers. Seeing how much HP i got , how much damage i do, how much i progress over time with new gear.

That in combo with characters thats fun or dramatic is perfect in my opinion.

Other stuff I like is anime and kpop and console, pc, games generaly.

I also have a 11 yr son who is just like me. He is really into game developing already.

See you around on the forum.

vadimskyi
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11110 on: December 02, 2019, 03:28:33 AM »

Hi guys!
My name is Vadim. I'm from Ukraine.
I been working as a software developer for past 8 years, nearly half of that as part-time game developer. In free time trying to research new stuff and make tutorial videos for beginners.
 Beer!
New IDEA Games
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11111 on: December 02, 2019, 05:15:59 AM »

New IDEA Games
Delivering innovation in gaming

/I know it sounds like a delusion of grandeur, but check out the video below/

We have created the first real-time FMV / FPS combo, had more than a million players and now releasing our greatest: Hijacker Jack! Started game develpoment 7 years ago with an interactive erotic game but had no funds to promote it and friends' friends never shared it on their social media. Wonder why... So I changed the topic and created a wasteland FMV / FPS game called SOV and the gamers liked it! There is no stop since then, sold my car, took a bank loan and developed a new game on a whole different level: Hijacker Jack!

Thanks for you attention,
New IDEA Games

void1gaming
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11112 on: December 03, 2019, 02:30:40 AM »

Hello everyone,
Here this side is VOiD1 Gaming, an Indie game dev team from India.

We are a team of three members comprising of Lead Programmer, passionate Graphic Designer and In-house Sound Designer. We have worked on several projects including the submissions for Game jams. We love making unique games that people love to play and our prime motive is to grow gradually each day to a better state.

So far we have worked with small indie game dev teams and have also published 2d android games on Play Store. As we are exploring this Game Development Industry, we are increasing our skills and knowledge each day. The amount of love this community holds for indie game development is really unique and awesome !!
Contributing further to this community our team is committed towards serving the best games possible and to support other developers worldwide.

This is the current project we are working on and we have just recently uploaded to Play Store:-

Check our website for more details about us :- https://www.void1gaming.com

With Love From VOiD1 gaming Smiley
« Last Edit: December 03, 2019, 03:08:15 AM by void1gaming » Logged
GrimbartTales
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11113 on: December 03, 2019, 02:50:31 AM »

Hi guys! We're "Grimbart Tales", a developer group from Germany  Grin Right now we're a group of 7 (Sascha, Arthur, Rene, Bennet, Max, Alessandro, Aika) and we're working on our first game called ITORAH. The whole thing actually started as Arthur's University project - here, the first version of the game
, but as we wanted to take things further we're working on ITORAH full time now. We still have a long way to go 'til we get to the result we're aiming for, but we'd like to share some its and bits of our journey with you and hope to get some feedback over the time!
Here's also a first trailer, so you get an impression of what we're working on Smiley

Nullien
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11114 on: December 04, 2019, 04:18:30 AM »

Hi hi everyone!

I'm Nullien, nice to meet you! Videogames fan for as long as I can remember, and I have been working on the industry for 4-5 years now Smiley

My favourite games are the Final Fantasy Saga, Borderlands, Tetris... I also play a lot of online like League of Legends, Overwatch...

And I have other hobbies! Cosplay, writing, reading... but nowadays I mostly breath, sleep and eat videogames haha

See you all around!
Fewprime
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11115 on: December 06, 2019, 12:55:12 PM »

Hey everyone, I go by Fewprime. I've been playing video games for as long as I can remember. My favorites are Devil May Cry 3 & 5, The Wonderful 101, Guilty Gear AC+R, and God Hand. I'm currently a game design student, but I'm working on my own projects on the side, and just finished my first game.
UltraVenom74
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11116 on: December 11, 2019, 07:32:21 AM »

:D Nice to meet you all. I'm UltraVenom. I'm an avid gamer, designer, developer and ttrpg/D&D fan working on my first big game (SAK'D https://sakd.ca). I'm part of a few indie gamedev communities but it's my first time in TIG. Nice to see so many creatives here! :slight_smile:
music4computers
« Reply #11117 on: December 12, 2019, 04:00:47 PM »

Games & Music
thedrawingmiller
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #11118 on: December 15, 2019, 04:40:29 PM »

Hi I'm drawingmiller but people also call me Møller, I'm an aspiring artist/gamedev/composer :D
I'm looking forward to hanging out on the forum Smiley
AhmedFier
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11119 on: December 17, 2019, 03:18:05 AM »

Hi I just started learning how to make games

I am self learning libgdx for 3 month now when i have time( I have school and homework  Cry )

and i did put some games on play store
Pages: 1 ... 554 555 [556] 557 558 ... 601
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic