Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 09:38:09 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 555 556 [557] 558 559 ... 601
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1944093 times)
deeprest
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11120 on: December 22, 2019, 01:55:40 PM »

I worked as programmer at a game company for a few years, and did not care for it. Now I make more money at a regular job and actually have more free time to work on my own stuff.

I'm glad this site is still around.
gamagogo
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11121 on: December 23, 2019, 05:10:59 AM »

Hello,

I am Gamagogo, from France. Video games and coding are two of my hobbies for many years. So, I went into gamedev more than 5 years ago, and tried to make games using spritekit, unity, monogame, opengl.

regards
daokoder
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11122 on: December 26, 2019, 08:10:41 PM »

Hello,

My name is Limin Fu.  I got into game development only since two years ago.  Before that I was developing a new visual programming language based on another programming language named Dao (http://daoscript.org, also developed by me).  I also developed an integrated development environment for the language, and integrated a game engine (Atomic Game Engine, a fork of Urho3D) to the IDE along with Dao language bindings for the engine.

I then did some experiments with the game engine and got some promising results, which eventually convinced me to start a game project about two years ago.  The game I have been developing is a creative sandbox game with a near-infinite world represented by voxels and subvoxels.  It is named Craftica and more information can be found at: http://craftica.net.

After two years of intensive development, Craftica is almost ready for a Steam Early Access release.  Hopefully, I will have time the next year to resume the development of the visual programming language, and integrate it with Craftica. Cheers!
Kilowattkaos
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #11123 on: December 27, 2019, 08:18:04 PM »

HeLLo!!

My name is Rhyan and I'm a Composer and Sound Designer by trade. Since i was very small, I've always been involved with audio, music, and sfx in one way or another. Video games came natural to me also at a young age, almost like I was meant to play them. It wasn't until I played Final Fantasy VII, I realized what I wanted to do for the rest of my life; be a video game composer!

I've worked on numerous games throughout the years and even went to school for it. I graduated from Full Sail University in 2013 and completed the Music Production Bachelor of Science degree.

Im glad to be a part of this wonderful community and I cannot wait to talk to all of you! Please drop me a line and let's talk shop!
Red Martyr Entertainment
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11124 on: December 30, 2019, 03:11:20 AM »

Hello everyone!

We are Red Martyr Entertainment, a small independent studio from Croatia, currently working on our first game called Saint Kotar. There's currently four of us, all members with different gaming interests, united in giving it our best to create and deliver an amazing gaming experience. Smiley We plan to share snippets of our development, but also keep an eye on all the great games being developed by other members!

www.redmartyr.com - Red Martyr Entertainment is a narratively focused game development studio located at the south end of the magical Istrian peninsula, Croatia.
Vladan
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11125 on: December 30, 2019, 06:23:39 AM »

Hi,

I'm Vladan, a wannabe developer from Czechia. Apart from games I like nature and dancing. I'm also pretty brief  Shrug
AaronW
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11126 on: January 01, 2020, 09:00:32 AM »

Hello, i'm Aaron, a Game Developer from Holland. I work mostly on mobile game professionally and in my free time at night i create little game, mostly for fun, in Unity. I work mostly as a programmer and Artist depending on the work that is available.

Appxplore
TIGBaby

Traversing the Fun Space

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11127 on: January 01, 2020, 07:50:46 PM »

Hi everyone, we are an Indie studio coming out of Southeast Asia, Malaysia. Our motto is "Traversing the Fun Space" and we develop all types of 2D mobile games.
Looking forward to jiving with you all Smiley We'll be sharing our development process and projects (open for feedback)!

www.appxplore.com - traversing the fun space
mita3
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11128 on: January 03, 2020, 03:50:28 AM »

My name's Mike, and here i am trying to get my company working, Breach Studio.
I had a NES when i was young, with my favorite game being Ninja Gaiden III and unfortunately i didn't own any castelvania or zelda games.
When i was around 8yo i thought about making my own game, but i never expected to actually make it this far, so here i am with my first project almost finished.
Saltallica
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11129 on: January 03, 2020, 12:34:11 PM »

Hi, I'm Sean, i'm 37, a developer by day, and a parent and husband by night - and in the little time left over I try and be a game developer. I've dabbled in aspects of game development and art in the past and use to run a site that made free textures (google: Graphtallica) people could use for mods or their own game - but this was quite a while ago when Quake 2 and Half-Life 1 were still popular. I rekindled my love of programming and game development about four years ago by working on a clone of the old Qbasic Gorillas game. We are just nearing completion of it, so I started looking into the marketing aspects of all of this, which is way outside my wheelhouse - I'd never heard of this forum before (suprising!?), but I wish I had belong when I started work on my game!
CactiHugger
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11130 on: January 03, 2020, 03:08:01 PM »

I'm looking to branch out and meet other game developers. Been 2 years so far. Too little time, too much on the to do list.
achoum
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11131 on: January 04, 2020, 03:32:55 AM »

Hello, my name is Mathieu and I have been making video games as a hobby since I was 10, and I never stopped Smiley. My work is related to computed sciences, but I always kept it separated from gamedev not to spoil it.

Lately, I've enjoyed experimenting with mechanics (particularly AIs) that involve emergence in the gameplay.

I make (almost; I did a gamejam with Unity) all my game with custom engines (c++ or java) as I like the unique “feel” that come with each custom engine as well as understanding implementation details (e.g. 3d projection, netcode, pathfinding) and taking my time.

I also make my own graphics and sounds, and I grew particular fan of low poly and pixel art designs (I even created a couple of editors).

I recently released a game called Dust : The Abandoned Land. The game is still in early development but playable (and I still enjoy playing it!). It is a slow paced 2D multiplayer real-time survival roguelike with some strong inspiration from Cataclysm DDA.

A screen capture of Dust

Before that, I created Build and Defend which is a fast paced 3D multiplayer real-time survival roguelike.

A screen capture of Build & Defend

Some of my older games are available on my old website (you will need to speak french).

A screen capture of Robot's Moon

I am looking forward to know and interact more about this community Smiley.

Cheers!

Contacts
Blog
Twitter
Youtube
devJMT
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11132 on: January 04, 2020, 05:43:25 AM »

Hi, dear fellow game developers!
I’m a parent and husband with full time. Game development is my passion and hobby for very long time. Just  finished couple of my first games for mobile. Nothing big yet.  Game development is my hobby right now, but I want to do this for living. So, I hope my dream comes true one day.
Will post link to my game on Townhall
-devJMT
Drawmaneatereater
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11133 on: January 05, 2020, 05:34:34 PM »

Hi, im developer of small games. Im creator of point and click games called Nekra psaria.
My coding skills are really bad, so i prefer working with graphics and animations
 Сurrently developing a game with the help of a programmer

joyseed
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11134 on: January 06, 2020, 11:31:29 PM »

Hi guys! We are Joyseed Gametribe from Indonesia. Let me introduce our small studio to you Beer!

We're a small team of indie developers from Jakarta making mobile games! We published our first game in 2018 last year on the Playstore and App Store named Hollywhoot: Idle Hollywood Evolution Parody, a game where you can train/ evolve characters knockoffs from Hollywood and famous series.

For those who are interested, here's the link: Apple | Android

Currently we have 2 WIP titles, and we're really excited to announce it to you soon.
Glad to be part of TIGSource and hope to have many discussions with you all in the future!

Let's Plant a Joy! http://joyseedgametribe.com/
gojirra
Level 0

Hi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11135 on: January 07, 2020, 10:35:10 PM »

Hi, my name is Jason Newman. I'm a game dev living in tokyo. I've been working on my first serious project Akurra https://www.akurra-game.com/ for over a year now. I'm excited to meet other game devs from around the world in a new community!
youthindecline
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11136 on: January 08, 2020, 06:17:56 PM »

Hi, I'm Ryan -- longtime reader who lost access to his old account.  I'm a comics publisher who has been making zines, translating manga, and publishing comics for over 15 years.  I lived in the Bay Area 2000-2019, and came up in the indie comics scene alongside friends like Hellen Jo, Calvin Wong, Jason Shiga, and Derek Yu.

I read TIGSource wayyyyyy back in the day, and was an active poster in 2005-2008. I remember being a judge in the joke "The Sexiest Indie Gamer of All Time" contest in 2005, lollll.  I never got into game-making back then, but was focused on blogging on Same Hat, then publishing comics as Youth in Decline.

I now live in Los Angeles, and have learned the markup language Ink. to prototype a few interactive narrative game ideas with cartoonists friends.

Best and thanks!
Ryan
http://www.youthindecline.com/
The Cheesemaster
TIGBaby

Indie Game Dev

View Profile
« Reply #11137 on: January 08, 2020, 06:56:44 PM »

Hey everyone  Coffee,

My name is Dan Beckerton (aka The Cheesemaster) and I'm the solo developer of Cheesemaster Games.  I've released one game fully so far (called Fables of Talumos), and I'm working on my second game which is inspired by Animal Crossing, Stardew Valley and Spirited Away (called Spirittea).  Smiley

My top 3 games are:
-Zelda Ocarina of Time
-Dark Souls
-Warcraft 3

Looking forward to meeting some gamers and devs on here!
SenpaiCode
« Reply #11138 on: January 09, 2020, 11:30:32 AM »

Greetings from Canada,

My name is Jared Wiseman aka TheSenpaiCode.

I've been developing and designing video games in the industry for over a decade. I've done it all, everything from modelling, texturing, rigging, animations and scripting. I mainly program now a days.

Over the decade of working in the industry I've had the pleasure and honor to work with some of the people that have design some of my favorite childhood games and movies. This has brought me a lot of joy.

My favorite video game would have to be "Halo". I have so many fond memories of playing Halo with friends. The LAN parties we had back in the day were just epic.

I ended up starting my own development company this year named "Odd Goblin Games", which I hope to grow into a well named video game company. 

I'm looking forward to be a part of this community.
DiverJW
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11139 on: January 09, 2020, 09:33:37 PM »

College student and aspiring veterinarian. Indie game developer and mediocre programmer who still gets confused with serialization.

Joshua White
Pages: 1 ... 555 556 [557] 558 559 ... 601
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic