Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411511 Posts in 69375 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 01:39:39 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 556 557 [558] 559 560 ... 601
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1952446 times)
DJNoorduin
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11140 on: January 10, 2020, 09:55:37 AM »

Hi! I'm a software developer from the Netherlands. Years ago I decided to start developing an indie game in my spare time. After missing countless of my own deadlines I finally released the first version of my game Fetching Furballs. There is still plenty of work to do to get the game to more platforms, but it seemed like a good time to register and try to get some feedback on this forum.

VoidWalker
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11141 on: January 10, 2020, 02:55:24 PM »

Hi! I'm a designer and programmer based in the US. I'm planning to release my first game this year.
AndroidGamer
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11142 on: January 12, 2020, 12:39:07 AM »

Hi all, I am an hobbyist game developer from Italy.
mandarin
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11143 on: January 16, 2020, 03:32:34 AM »

Hi all!

I'm Thomas, a game developer based in Oslo, Norway. I started fiddling with programming games in 1989, when I was 10 years old. For the past 20 years, I've worked as an artist, animator and now programmer. I have worked on a little over 50 games, where about 25 have been released. Today I'm establishing a new games company together with some of my colleagues from TRY Apt. TRY Apt is a technology and media company, a part of the TRY communications agency, the largest one in Norway.

SpaceMyFriend
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11144 on: January 16, 2020, 02:23:04 PM »

Hello everyone!

My name is Adrian. I'm living in Wisconsin and making games for fun. I started game dev about 6 years ago when I played gamedev tycoon and thought "hey this is easy and i want to make game with silly names".

Gamedev tycoon lied to me. It is not easy. But I love it and I do get to make games with silly names. Up until recently I've been doing it all. Coding, art and music. My recent project however, a game called Cavity Busters, i have the help of a super cool guy making sounds and musics. Before that I made a game called Rheum, a bullet hell where you play as an eye ball  Blink travelling through a virus infected body. Cavity Busters takes place in a different body.  Waaagh!

My favorite game is probably Final Fantasy X. I even like the infamous laughing scene... yes. I also love rogue-lites and rogue-likes. They rustle my jimmies.

Have a nice day!

https://twitter.com/SpaceMyFriend
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1084220/Cavity_Busters/
The_Next_Guy
TIGBaby

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11145 on: January 18, 2020, 06:00:30 PM »

Hello everyone, my name is Rohan Loomis and I am a wannabe game developer. I've been working on a game on and off for quite a while now. I'm not here to discuss this but to discuss myself. I'm well versed in java, which came in handy when I started on Android development. Today, I did a quick google search and found this forum, where I can hopefully recruit some help. I don't mind helping out others where I can when I can.

As for professionally, I work in SATCOM (Satelite Communications). Ya know, shooting data to a satellite, receiving data, pushing services to users. If on the off chance you need help with SATCOM, I'd be wide open to questions. I really look forward to meeting you all.
Suttebun
« Reply #11146 on: January 21, 2020, 11:37:07 AM »

Hello I'm Steven, keep it up TigBabies Wizard
spcgreenman
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11147 on: January 24, 2020, 08:41:49 AM »

Hi there, I'm software developer in the netherlands. Always loved games grew up with classic rts games and half life 1/2.
I've been doing game development on and off for about 5 years now. Don't really have much to show for it other than a lot of lessons learned and experience gained. Currently working on a total war clone with mythological elements.
tobyjk
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #11148 on: January 25, 2020, 01:03:02 PM »

Hello bottomless void of the Internet, allow me to scream into your inner workings that I am Toby and I have arrived to become disappointed at the hollow sound of my games disappearing into your depths!

I started making games in Game Maker around 2003 in my spare time (they were all terrible), but I'm hoping I can take some of what I've learned to finally sell something? I am also big into level design - mostly because more people will play free levels for popular games than obscure indie things. My biggest maps are: Lost Glider for COH2, Manndarin for TF2 and Goldenplix Prison for TTT. I'm working on an isometric tower defence game within Unity at the moment, will post a progress thread once I have more progress going.

Oh and I also would love to meet people on here to collaborate with, so see you around!
« Last Edit: January 25, 2020, 01:53:36 PM by tobyjk » Logged

Lemon Muffin
TIGBaby

Graphic Artist

View Profile
« Reply #11149 on: January 25, 2020, 09:25:35 PM »

Heya! I'm Lemon Muffin. You can just call me Lemon, or Dusten. I'm 17 (18 in like 3 weeks!) and I am from northern California, in the US. I won't post a picture, because I think I'm a little ugly haha

I am a graphic artist as well as a 'gamer' (take this with a grain of salt, I'm picky!) and I want to get into the development scene. I know some code, but not enough to work on my own.

My favorite games are: (in no particular order)
Celeste
Overwatch
Smash Ultimate
Sonic Adventure DX
Planet Coaster

I'm happy to have found this community and I am hoping to find some partners for a concept I have. Cheers!

~Lemon Muffin
rooster
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11150 on: January 26, 2020, 04:02:45 PM »

Hey I go by rooster. I'm a software engineer living in Seattle. I started to become really hooked with game design when I started my own game engine about five years ago on an idea that I wanted my game to be changeable by my players while they're playing it. Because of my very limited art skill, I used freelance graphics artists from sites like Fiverr a lot in my games. Lastly, I don't get the 'T' in TIG source. Why should "The" deserve its very own abbreviation? Anyhow, nice to be here!
Stickflip
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11151 on: January 26, 2020, 04:23:36 PM »

Hey Coffee

I'm Nicolas, 24, french developer now living in Canada. I moved from France two years ago to pursue my dream of developing video games in an indie studio.
Definitely a PC gamer however I also like to play casual and puzzle games on mobile. I work full-time with Unity.

My first experience with game dev was creating maps for Half life 2 and Counter strike source when I was a teenager. Since then, I never quit.

I found this community because I just finished developing a mobile puzzle game on my own and was looking for platforms to get the word out. I'm not a spammer though.. I'll definitely continue checking out what's up here in the future  Blink

Nice meetin' ya all  Gentleman
Wendelstein
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11152 on: January 26, 2020, 06:10:47 PM »

Hey
My name is Marius, I am almost 25, german and currently studying computer science. I already started to develop a lot of games but sadly never finished one... But currently I am working on a new one so maybe it will be my first release. Smiley

My favourite games are probably
- Diablo 2 + LOD
- Path of Exile
- Gothic  1, 2+DNDR
- Minecraft
- Factorio
- Portal 2
- And probably some more^^

Have a nice day Gentleman
grinrobot
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11153 on: January 28, 2020, 02:20:50 AM »

Hello! My name is Alla, and I am happy to share my story! I am from Russia and apologize for using Google translator sometimes Smiley.
I have a family - husband, son and daughter. From early childhood our son likes to make different games, and for the last 10 years (or more) he has been professionally engaged in gamedev. That is, at this point, I hope you have already roughly estimated my age Cheesy.
And at last two years, my son insistently advise me to start making games too. At first it was perceived as a joke, because I am not a gamer and I can’t even imagine how the games are made. But he, turned out, to be very persistent and downloaded the Game Maker into my computer. I was pleased (all parents will understand) Grin. I read, and reported that I understood nothing !  Shocked
Then he recommended to make a simply moving ball, which would bounce off the walls and shared several links of video tutorials. And I did it !!! Indescribable feelings !! Including understanding that, F!, but everything is possible !!! And the son advised to begin to understand further with the creation of a platformer.
And, it turned out, that I can create a character (with graphics from free sites) and it’s moves, but I do not know how to create situations for him, i.e. levels, and having been lured with it, threw this task to my husband Grin and (to my surprise) his imagination extends to this! That is, even here we complement each other! Wink
So, at first, he painted on a piece of paper,

and I transferred it to the Game Maker. Like this –

Then he learned how to manipulate tiles and objects and everything became faster! Our daughter became our game-tester Grin.
And under the guidance of our chef, in February 2019 we released on Steam our first game - a platformer- puzzle about a caterpillar going to be transformed into a butterfly.
Inspired by success, we created a sequel.
Then two physical games – puzzles Bomb_Bowling and Bomb_Bowling_2
And now we are working on the fifth game- "Smart Moves" . It is a puzzle with a strong roguelike feel.
This is a new challenge for us because complexity is increasing!

Conclusions - 1) It's never too late to start something new!
                   2) All you need is love! Including children and parents! Grin
                   3) Even after 35 years of dating, you can find a new reason for surprise in a person!
Kiss
coremission
Level 0

game press

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11154 on: January 28, 2020, 04:18:49 AM »

Hello, guys,

My name is Sergey I'm not an indie developer, I'm rendering programmer in AAA studio, but in free time I'm writing about indie games for a website CoreMission, it is quite popular website about games and gamedev in Russia. It is about 400k visitors monthly.

so I'm here to find good indie games Smiley

CoreMission — russian website about games and gamedev
dimwiddy
TIGBaby

Yolkel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11155 on: February 01, 2020, 11:30:35 PM »

Hey guys!

I'm Will Collins, aka DimWiddy or Dimmers.  I'm 24 and live in North Carolina.  I'm chipping away at a puzzle adventure game called Latka!

The eponymous main character, Latka, is a golden mole.  Gameplay is turn-based and centers around using Latka's abilities to climb and dig as well as understanding the behavior and interactions of wacky environmental hazards and enemies.  Rather than "solving" a puzzle in the traditional sense, you merely try to find different ways to enter and exit a puzzle area in order to access new routes.  A level editor is also in the works.

I'm doing the graphics, music, and character design, while my buddy Jesper handles the coding and helps me with the writing and game design.  The art style uses only 16 colors overall, while the music is made in 0CC-Famitracker to emulate the Famicom's sound chip, with one extra channel.  It's being built in GMS2.

I'll be looking for feedback on the forums, but you can also follow and support the project on Twitter.

I'm also interested in music, art, and character design commissions, so don't hesitate to message me here or email me at [email protected] to negotiate!  Well, hello there!
Here's a sampler of my visual work...
And my music!
Duccoz
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11156 on: February 04, 2020, 12:21:37 AM »

Hi I'm Nivek and I'm working on an indie game for the PC. I can code and make art.

Hit
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11157 on: February 04, 2020, 03:45:06 AM »

I'm a mobile developer and I got to know game development on Youtube.
DeadSeriousBros
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11158 on: February 06, 2020, 12:24:53 PM »

Hello, Gentleman we are Dead Serious Bros (Studios) a team of two brothers making games on mobile, and hopefully soon to be making games on other platforms as well! We have been gaming just about our whole lives, from playing atari to current generation consoles. We hope to continue growing, learning and making friends along the way, thanks!
« Last Edit: February 06, 2020, 12:48:42 PM by DeadSeriousBros » Logged
CodeHardStudios
Level 0

We Are CodeHard Studios!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11159 on: February 06, 2020, 02:25:15 PM »

I am Joe of CodeHard Studios and have been messing around with coding for 20+ years. I have dabbled in many unfinished projects/ideas over the years that's how I learned to program starting with a TRS-80 color-computer, then moved on up to a PC and messed with QBasic for many years. Then to C++, and now I'm back to Basic with AppGameKit Classic working on my current project. I'll post what that project is about in the Townhall section. Cheers!

Pages: 1 ... 556 557 [558] 559 560 ... 601
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic