Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411279 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 03:49:13 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 557 558 [559] 560 561 ... 601
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1907324 times)
Desert Beagle
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11160 on: February 07, 2020, 12:27:51 AM »

I'm Jake, founder of Desert Beagle, I do most of the programming and game design in our games. There are a few other regular team mates who help make the games. We're all australian and even got to show our game at PAX one time Smiley Joined TIG forums so I can get feedback on our games <3
brickshot
Level 0

0xAF

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11161 on: February 07, 2020, 02:37:09 PM »

Hi there! My name is Josh Weinberg. Once upon a time I made a web-series called The Website is Down aka Sales Guy vs Web Dude for which I won a Webby award and became officially Internet famous. After those wild days I settled down and now I have a family, play hockey and spend my days working in the salt mines coding server-side javascript. I still randomly think up video ideas but haven't made anything in a while. Why not!?

Well for one reason I have been working on an Adventure Game version of The Website is Down. It's called The Website is Down Adventure Game. Amazing. Just so you know, I have a real knack for naming things. It's like my best knack. Speaking of which I don't really have any experience with game development. I just hack away at Unity until it does what I want. Maybe I'll post a devblog and amuse you with my flailings.

Personally I enjoy many genres of games. Lifetime gaming achievement #1: nethack ascension! I've also enjoyed things like TIS-100, Papers Please, Firewatch, many many adventure games (some of which I wrote about). One time I gave a talk at GDC about dependency graphs and The Day of the Tentacle. You can read what I said here.

So that's about it! Thanks for reading. I'll see ya around the forums.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2020, 02:47:17 PM by brickshot » Logged
lastshipsails
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11162 on: February 09, 2020, 04:35:50 AM »

Hi. My name is Alexander. I use unity for game developing.
TMP_Biggs
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11163 on: February 10, 2020, 12:32:58 PM »

Hello, my name is Robin FAU, also knows as Biggs
I'm a developer from the South of France who is currently working in a young little studio called The Moon Pirates.

We are actually working on our first game : dont_forget_me
EdwardRogers
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #11164 on: February 11, 2020, 12:48:42 PM »

Hello,
I am new to game development. This community will provide valuable feedback and support for my games.
FrancM
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11165 on: February 12, 2020, 09:57:31 AM »

Hello, I'm FrancM and I'm studying for my Computer Science Masters, developing Unity Assets and Games in my free time. Specially interested in strategy games and procedural generation.

JoyFreak
TIGBaby

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11166 on: February 13, 2020, 11:43:58 AM »

Hello,

I am JoyFreak aka Carbon. I found this forum on online. I am a webmaster and owner of a gaming forum. I decided to sign up to this community because it looks absolutely beautiful and wanted to support it by doing so! I am also an avid gamer. Great job on the design guys! Hope I get a warm welcome Smiley.

Many thanks!

Demi Dawnfall
Level 0

One step then another.

View Profile
« Reply #11167 on: February 14, 2020, 06:03:40 AM »

Hello all other obligatorily-posting friends soon to be drowned out by the other obligatorily-posting friends! I'm Demi, and I'm here to commune with other like-minded people while I attempt, once again, to make a game! I hope we all have a fine time.

Make your day the day you'd want it to be.
SaylorMan
Level 0

Slowly but surely chipping away at my first game!

View Profile
« Reply #11168 on: February 15, 2020, 01:37:18 PM »

Heyo!I've heard I gotten introduce myself before posting a devlog. So here we are;
My name is Saylor, I'm from New Zealand. I'm taking my first steps into game development with a team of two others; my best friends. I've been lurking for sometime and look forward to finally interacting a little bit!

Follow Project Ashes @ https://twitter.com/StudioHipSword
A Turn-based Tactics Adventure!
Or check out our Discord @ https://discord.gg/CXS6z6A
OctoMini
Level 0

Talk does not cook rice

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11169 on: February 16, 2020, 08:16:11 AM »

Hi! My name's Antti. I'm working on a couple of indie games under the Octo Mini brand. Hoping to get involved with the community!

NamesAreUseless
Level 0

Co-Founder and Co-Leader of Epoch Games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11170 on: February 18, 2020, 11:55:43 PM »

Hello everyone Beer!

My name is Matthew Norman. I'm a Co-Founder and Co-Leader of Epoch Games, an online volunteer Indie Development Team creating an Open-world Fantasy RPG called "The Lays of Althas: Sundered Order". Got started first in modding; worked on a mod called the Middle Earth Roleplaying Project (MERP), a total conversion mod for Skyrim that got shutdown by Warner Bros. My modding days are in the past, and now doing indie development.

My skills are generally in Team Organization, Writing, Public Relations and Level Design. Also have some Programming abilities as well, but it's not my forte (I leave Programming up to our Programming Team).

I would have to say that Strategy and Simulation Games are honestly my favorite genres. So why am I working on an RPG? Because I feel as thought there is a lot more room for improvement with Video Game RPGs. I tend to prefer RPG experiences that are closer to some of my past Pen-and-Paper RPG experiences: where generally my actions (or lack thereof) can have real consequences that aren't surface-level or always obvious, where NPCs I talk to can't always be trusted, where the passage of Time and Day/Night actually matter and where I feel like storytelling is a more central part of the game. And while RPGs will always be limited in what the Player can realistically do, I hope to some of these core aspects of my Pen-and-Paper RPG days.

(I do want to avoid the Number Crunching and the obsession with tracking such numbers in my RPG: this is one area where Video Game RPGs can improve upon Pen-and-Paper: we don't have to do the math, the game can, and thus we really don't need to see the numbers, we just need a general idea of what an object does, how good it does its job compared to other objects, how good my character is at something compared to other characters, etc)

In my spare-time (that I'm not at my day-job or working on my RPG), I am spending time with my wife and newborn son. I don't get as much time nowadays to be playing games, but then I'd rather be developing my own then spending an inordinate amount of time playing someone else's work.

This Indie Development Community looks a lot more solid then others I've seen, so hoping to get to know some people here and perhaps some advice in a few areas.

Matthew Norman, Co-Founder and Co-Leader of Epoch Games

Developing The Lays of Althas: Sundered Order
jacek
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11171 on: February 19, 2020, 12:21:35 PM »

Hi all!
My name is Jacek. As a kid I always wanted to make games and that's how I started to learn programming. Today I'm a backend developer. I never worked in the game industry but recently I decided to resurrect my hobby and try to create some games in my free time. I picked HTML5 in order to learn something I'm less familiar with that can also be useful in my daily job. I ported one of my unfinished games from the past from Pascal/DOS to Typescript/Web browser. This was a lot of fun! So I decided to join this community!
FranksBV
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11172 on: February 20, 2020, 09:17:26 AM »

Hello, hello... I'm a graphic designer and a hobbyist 3d modeler with some programming skills. Almost a year ago started a little studio with my brother here, in the patagonia argentina (yeah, in a kingdom far far away). Mainly audio and video stuff, motion graphics and video edition, some animations, web design, etc..., but now trying to move to our all-life dream of being game developers, so i hope i can learn from you guys, exchange some feedback and help each other in this long and winding road (but so awesome)... Hopefully I'll see you around... cheers!
maftkd
TIGBaby

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11173 on: February 21, 2020, 06:54:23 AM »

First post here, or in any forum for quite a while... My name is Michael, I am totally a real human living on earth. My favorite past times are eating food, drinking water, and walking with my human legs.
-
Video games always impressed me from a technical level. When I first learned to code, I was using graphics commands like rect, line, blit, and that was the extent of it. Almost a dozen years later I am finally learning about the holy triangle and the model view projection matrix. 3D graphics all the way.
-
I studied vanilla computer engineering in school. And unlike what I tell most recruiters and/or employers, I was NOT really actively using my skills for game dev during the first few years of college. Before I was, and during my senior year I was, but there was a gap. Anyway fast forward a bit and I'm wearing a suit in a "general contracting" firm. Fast forward, literally like 1 month and I'm outta there. Fast forward a couple days and I start developing games seriously under the DBA Rithm Gaming.
-
Fast forward a bit more, and I learned to use my skills in the media / marketing space making interactive apps. Meh. Fast forward some more and I ditch that job and am now making games / tutoring developers on a freelance basis. This decision was probably the best choice I made in my career so far, despite the many voices telling me I was being a big stupid head.
-
As far as the type of games I like to make, I spent some time with a group making arcade games which are fun to make because they are short and sweet. I also enjoy a good puzzler, especially one that play son the medium by incorperating glitches!
-
One of the biggest fallbacks in my career is not having much of a community. Again when I studied computers, nobody was into game dev. The only connections I had were with the online community making game jams. Still today I have very little in the way of in-person game-dev community but I am constantly trying to grow it. I do feel that joining TIG server is a step in the right direction towards socializing, building community, and offering/receiving support.
zikbakguru
Level 0

successfully existing since 2001

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11174 on: February 22, 2020, 03:28:54 PM »

Hello everyone, I finally decided to make an account here!  Coffee
My name's zik, Also known as few other online aliases such as TandyRum1024, Milkman5x etc..

I'm a solo amateur game developer from South Korea.. I've been making various prototypes and tech-y stuff in GameMaker : Studio in my free time.
--
One of the main inspirations that made me into making an actual games (and programmnig, overall) was the concept of Demoscene; I was very impressed by how those folks would make some interesting visuals and musics in a limited hardware!
Until I discovered about that, I was so lost & couldn't find any motiviation to make something with code.. But after I've learned about that, It inspired me to make something cool like many demos in demoscene.
Thanks to those, I was also introduced to the concept of bytebeats, The thing where you make tunes w/ short, one-liner code & I loved them too!

Then while I was fiddling around with bytebeat codes with the help of online bytebeat player, I discovered one game called Eggnogg+. It uses some form of stack-based RPN code to generate bytebeat musics for game's procedural music that changes as the game progresses..
From then I would play around with the bytebeat code that Eggnogg+ uses to generate music in realtime for hours. While doing that, I learned some stuffs about RPN notations & few useful bitwise hacks that I still use today,
And the game also has inspired me a lot regarding the game's visual aesthetics like using procedural animations to make things move & stuff.
--
And recently (well, not exactly recent as it's been like circa 2 years ago) I began developing an actual games that you can play, Making little games for a game jams...
And as of now, Along with various little games and tech demo, I am currently focusing on to finish the prototype version of the platformer action game where you use your trusty hammer to attack & move through the levels.. But the gameplay isn' really defined yet & The game is still in the early development stage where I would fiddle around with everything from game mechanics to game's artstyle.

(^this is the GIFs from the recent build of my game; hopefully the image isn't too large or I will be so ashamed of myself that I will explode a bloody thousand and million times and fart my soul out)

This game is (and hopefully will be) my first huge-scale project aside from tiny little games I made for Game Jams before.. And my main goal here is to make everything from game's code to musics and arts all by myself and publish the full game onto the Steam.
Hopefully I would make the game's devlog thread... soon™, 'Til then.. Stay tuned, I suppose?
Thank you for reading this huge-ass wall of meaningless rambling full of grammartical errors & Such a pleasure to meet y'all :>

Sincerely, zik.

I might suck at English but you know what? I suck at life too :'>
Feelcrafter
« Reply #11175 on: February 25, 2020, 04:00:28 PM »

Hi, I'm Gabriel. I have just decided that my new permanent username everywhere is going to be Feelcrafter, because I liked it and if it's weird, well, english is not my mother language.

I'm a designer, by the way, and I have played a lot of stuff throughout my life. From Harvest Moon to Devil may Cry, I like everything (except for first person shooters, cause I'm pretty bad at them).
karlnope
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #11176 on: February 25, 2020, 09:29:00 PM »

Hi guys! I'm an aspiring digital artist. My dream is to create a video game that shows the depth of my skills as an artist.

I'm a beginner at game development and I hope to learn lots from this community, and one day also help those dreamers like me.

That's all!
GenExNihilo
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #11177 on: March 01, 2020, 02:12:59 PM »

Came here after seeing tigforums mentioned on the spelunky doc while searching for motivation. Haven't been a member of any online community since the something awful photoshop community stopped being a thing, and thought this seemed like it might be up my alley.

Been making games since I was a kid on the Vic20, got heavily into the Quake/2 mod scene, since then been developing games on and off, mostly mobile but some PC. Programmer, artist, writer, basically your normal too many hats storyteller/worldbuilder. Working out of LA, mostly Unity these days but some iOS development when I find the time, exploring water colors and keyboard. Shaders have been fun lately too, nice limited space of development with clear constraints and a melding of code and art.

Mostly looking for a creative outlet and community that isn't multi year development ending in financial balderdash, something positive to keep the candle lit. So... that's it. Hi folks. If you happen to actually be reading this, hugs.
closhu
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11178 on: March 02, 2020, 01:34:54 PM »

Hello!! My name is Erik and I'm a solo developer from Brazil.
 I'm high scholar now; 16 years old.

I started developing games for android last year and currently I published one game on Play Store.
I hope to find many great people here. Cheesy
vasge_
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11179 on: March 04, 2020, 02:17:43 PM »

Hi all :D

I'm an artist from Brazil who is currently living in the US. Although I'm only 22, my childhood was basically dedicated to playing NES, Master System at a friend's house, and SNES! I'm a huge fan of both retro gaming and also indie games that take inspiration from these. My favorites are basically the essential ones: Super Mario, Legend of Zelda, Kid Icarus, Metroid, Castlevania, Cave Story...

Please come take a look at my website www.vasge.com! I think that looking at my art may be a better way for getting to know me rather than just words Wink

Have a great day!

Go here for some dope art: https://www.vasge.com
Pages: 1 ... 557 558 [559] 560 561 ... 601
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic