Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 18, 2024, 09:10:04 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 560 561 [562] 563 564 ... 601
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1943166 times)
Chauchau
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11220 on: May 04, 2020, 09:54:58 AM »

Hi everyone,

I'm Simon, a game developer from France. I'm also a PhD but this is behind me now :D.
I've been making games for a while now but I have yet to publish and sell a game of my own.

I mostly use Unity nowadays but I used to make games with JavaScript and ActionScript back in the day.

I'm much into procedural generation and minimalist experiences.

I will use this quarantine time to start a devlog about the game I'm making now and that I hope to publish this year!

Cheers Smiley

Gwiyomi
TIGBaby

Thats cute

View Profile
« Reply #11221 on: May 05, 2020, 01:42:05 AM »

Hello friends!

My name's Jina, but I also go by Kiyo or Yomi online so whichever is easier to remember is fine. I've had ideas about getting into game development for a while, but only started taking active steps towards it during this quarantine.

I dabbled in illustration and have some minor experience in animation so at least whatever I make wont look too bad.
Practically 0 coding experience but looking to change that very quickly with all my coursework finally out of the way this semester! lol

Currently trying to get a handle on C# and Unity, I dream of one day making cute and badass games. Smiley

Sleeping is the best.
vdapps
Level 5

Head against wall since 2013

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11222 on: May 05, 2020, 09:13:40 AM »

Hi Everyone,

My name is Vladimir, I'm from Slovakia, currently living in Spain.

I'm programmer, former professional game developer, astronomy and space exploration enthusiast and of course videogames enthusiast.

Between years 2003 and 2011, I was working in game development professionally as part of company Cauldron, based in Bratislava, Slovakia.
(http://www.cauldron.sk)

I worked on 8 titles in my gamedev professional career.

- Gene Troopers (2005)
- Civil War: A Nation Divided (2006)
- Battle For The Pacific (2007)
- Solfier Of Fortune: Payback (2007)
- Civil War: Secret Missions (2008)
- Secret Service (2008)
- Jurassic: The Hunted (2009)
- Cabela's Big Game Hunter 2010 (2009)

From development highlights, I was working on PlayStation 2 ports of Cauldron games, on animation system and in "Soldier of Fortune: Payback" also on gore system. Ouch! Screamy

Currently, I am working for Switzerland based company Xample, our main product is aeronautical navigation software, for which I'm programming rendering back-end.
(https://airnavigation.aero)

And of course, I'm doing some indie development in my spare time. Smiley

So far, I made one quiz/educational game about my big passion - astronomy, named Universe Quiz. The game is intended for quite niche target audience, as questions can be quite hard for an average Joe. Durr...?
(https://store.steampowered.com/app/1211100/Universe_Quiz/)

I'm going to start development of the new indie game. I would like to share my progress with others, gather some feedback and contribute to community. That's why I googled this place and registered here.  Smiley

And yes. Regarding my most favorite games ever....
Just 2 games are sticking highly above anything else in my list. System Shock 2 and Deus Ex.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2020, 08:23:43 AM by vdapps » Logged

JonathanB
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11223 on: May 05, 2020, 04:21:32 PM »

Hi guys!
I came since a long time here, but never realy post before... but it's never too late to introduce myself!

I'm Jonathan, 28 years old French dude.
I'm a big fan of retro game! I grew up with old classic shits like Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Castlevania... and I never succed to play others thing, my brain is blocked in 90's  Roll Eyes
That passion make me doing Pixel Art and video game since almost 13 years!

I've created my own game 5 years before, Inexistence, that allow me to enter in the video game industry and live my dream of video game developper, maybe you've checked Trailer of new Assassin's Creed last week... I made some stuff on it hehe.

Since i'm working on a new version of this old project, you can see it few topics bellow Smiley

My favorite game all time is Ocarina of Time, but I'm also a big fan of Monkey Island, and old Mario games.

That pretty much it! Don't hesite to correct my english since I'm really bad... But I'm trying hard to improve myself (didn't use google trad even once for writting this message :D)

See you!

Main developer of Inexistence Rebirth - UI Artist at Ubisoft Montréal
AnKae
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11224 on: May 07, 2020, 02:15:23 AM »

Hello everyone!

My name is Iván and I'm 29 years old from Barcelona.

I studied engineering and later worked as a programmer, but I felt a little bit unmotivated. Since I have been in love with videogames forever, I took a leap of faith to quit my job and start my first commercial game. Let's see how it goes  Crazy

I would like to make a devlog in this forum and watch other people's work and take part of this community (solo dev is a little bit lonely sometimes  Tongue).

About my favourite games, I would say that I have a lot of them: most of the Zeldas, Resident Evil 4, Hollow Knight, Xenoblade Chronicles, The Messenger... I try to play as much as I can.

See you!

lui2k
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #11225 on: May 07, 2020, 04:13:51 AM »

Hey, nice to meet you all!

I'm an undergrad student studying game technology in the UK. I've learned to develop with Unity (C#) and Unreal Engine (Blueprints) over the past three years, and built games on platforms including Windows, Oculus VR and Google Play. Going forward, I have a game in development with intentions of releasing onto the Steam PC store.

Always welcome to collaborate and share my skills with others. Also willing to help play-test games on Windows, web, Android mobile devices and Oculus VR.
tonyyoungblood
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11226 on: May 07, 2020, 09:23:06 PM »

Hi, my name is Tony, and I appreciate indie games. I am trying to learn Python and have played around in Gamemaker, but that's about the extent of my game making experience. Favorite games include To The Moon, Baba is You, Celeste, and Hollow Knight.

I also do 3D printing and design, lapel pin making, music, and other artistic pursuits.
Oakhurst Games
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #11227 on: May 08, 2020, 08:37:25 AM »

Hi, I'm James, and I'm a developer based kind of all over in the US. I'm currently working on an untitled open-world game, but I've been designing (and seeing through to various stages of completion) a bunch of projects over the last 7 or 8 years. Hopefully this current game will have the legs I'm hoping for! Anyways, been lurking anonymously forever here but figured I'd jump into it formally as I try to give this a go.

I decided on the name Oakhurst Games, since it has some sentimental value to me, but I'm really just one guy Tongue Nice to be here Smiley
Suttebun
« Reply #11228 on: May 08, 2020, 10:54:30 AM »

Welcome guys!

@vdapps that's a solid list of experience you have, welcome Hand Thumbs Up Right

@AnKae congratulations on opening free time to work on your game; take care of yourself Noir
TNIk55
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11229 on: May 09, 2020, 07:07:00 AM »

hi, im from india and studing medical science and i always loved to be a game developer. Im trying my first game right now. Trying my best not very good in introductions but i tried. Hope everyone is safe and best of luck for every game developer.  Who, Me?
TNIk55
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11230 on: May 09, 2020, 07:08:39 AM »

As i can't find find anything to post so i hope i can post about my new game with no intention of violation of any kind. thank you
paolalopez118
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11231 on: May 12, 2020, 08:19:30 AM »

I am a graphic designer and I really like drawing video games, I currently work making comic for a blog
sebagdr
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11232 on: May 13, 2020, 12:48:53 PM »

Hello everyone!

My name is Sebastián and I've recently started my game development journey.

I really like puzzle games (among other genres), some recent examples that come to mind are Antichamber, The Witness, Manifold Garden and Quern - Undying Thoughts (if you like this genre I can recommend them all!).

Inspired but some of the ideas presented in those games and having just discovered Godot Engine, I decided to try my hand at game development with my first (published) project: Wire (https://store.steampowered.com/app/1288090/Wire/). We'll see how it goes!

Cheers and happy gaming/game development to all! Smiley
E_UU_O
Level 0

EO

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11233 on: May 14, 2020, 01:52:06 PM »

Hello, I'm Bjorn.

I've only been making games for about six months now, but i've been following the scene for a few years.

I'm working on a series of game "Segments", that when put together form the whole of "EO".

I hope you'll enjoy them, as i have enjoyed making them.

here is my twitter, where you can learn more about these "Segments".

https://twitter.com/EO_gameDev

EO: A Strange Being, is available to download now.
Here is a link to our twtter:
 https://twitter.com/EO_gameDev
Here's our Itch.io page:
https://e-uu-o.itch.io/eo-a-strange-being
delph
TIGBaby

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11234 on: May 17, 2020, 12:14:37 AM »

Hi! I'm Harry and I usually go by "delph" or "delphic" online.

I work for Mediatonic during the day and work on various personal projects in my spare time. Programming is my day job, but I wish I was a better designer and artist too!

Was inspired to join by meeting ishisoft at Cambridge Indies whilst he still lived in the UK, but not much of a forum poster so have been putting off saying hello despite registering ages ago!

My current projects are:
A HTML5 game library - Hestia
A electron editor tool for said library - Hekate
A ARPG/Roguelite made in unity - Seekers

In a bit of a "work on whatever makes you happy" as opposed to "try to finish something bigger than a jam game" mood recently, hence the multiple dabblings.

I occasionally blog about them on my website, or post on twitter @_delph.

Hope to improve my forum habits, and do more than just lurk. Smiley

alexnicola07
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11235 on: May 17, 2020, 09:33:08 AM »

Hello!
I am Alex Nicola and I am the solo developer of Space Cats Tactics!
On my day job I work at Guerrilla Games in Amsterdam, I play the piano and really like cats!
Suttebun
« Reply #11236 on: May 17, 2020, 10:28:16 AM »

w e l c o m e    n e w f o l k s  Smiley
YanH
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11237 on: May 17, 2020, 01:25:04 PM »

Hi everyone,

my name is Yan and I've been developing a new retro scifi RTS for almost two years now.

I've always been passionate about RTS games and had great visions for innovating the genre in my early teens. I was always sure that game development is what I want to do, but life caused me to finish a degree in environmental science first. These visions kept coming back and evolving over the years though and towards the end of my studies I started to use my experience in environmental modelling to create first gameplay prototypes, which looked something like this:

An abstract world where 945 initial nations interact with one another for world dominance. Built in NetLogo.

After my studies I got a part-time job, doing mostly data science and decided to focus the rest of my time on game development. A year of learning Unity and two years of development later, the groundwork for a new RTS is laid:

I look forward to sharing progress on this project for the months and years to come, getting feedback and following what you all are up to.

See you around!

Steam | Twitter | Devlog

Rl
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11238 on: May 22, 2020, 08:45:05 AM »

Hello,

I am Rl. I live in France.

I make games with simple tools like Construct or Adventure Game Studio.
I also make games with an association called "gamaturgie" located in Montpellier and we try to create "toterring" games.

I'm actually working on a tiny game full of riddles and enigma, but I'm stuck and need help.

I see a lot of beautiful games and pictures here and I would like to share and receive advice!

See you!
amazedevil
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11239 on: May 22, 2020, 10:55:14 AM »

Hello!

My name is Vyacheslav, I'm 30 years old from Russia!

I'm working on a design tool startup, but my real passion is game development, and I'm looking for a ways to get into indie gamedev  Smiley

Since school I've been keen on games, Half-Life, Max Payne, Half-Life 2 and many others, that were good old days, when I spent more time on games than on making them Smiley Somewhere in 2013 I and my friend started making a Unity game Dangerous Ivan, long story short - it was done and while it got some warm feedback, we earned a little more than our marketing expenses were (I don't even mind almost 2 years of saturdays development), that was sad and over some time, my friend left the team and I started another project, that is still in development. Now I'm focusing on multiplayer and trying to break the ice to make games I've always wanted to make.

A couple of days ago I've done a little single screen mobile strategy and that's how I've found this place Smiley It looks quite cool in here, glad to see everyone!
Pages: 1 ... 560 561 [562] 563 564 ... 601
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic