Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 08:57:58 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 562 563 [564] 565 566 ... 601
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1951192 times)
Kashdan Music
Level 0

Composer for Games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11260 on: June 19, 2020, 02:53:00 AM »

Hello!

I am a UK Composer with 6 years of experience composing for Short Films, Indie Games, Animations and Documentary/Film.
Feel free to contact me if you may need any professional custom soundtracks composed for your games or other media projects.  

www.kashdanmusic.com

Ghostwind
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #11261 on: June 19, 2020, 01:23:34 PM »

Hello everyone, i'm Dogui. After getting on a lot of unrelated jobs and being unemployed for quite some time, i decided to give a shot at doing gaming related stuff.

Made the mistake of not doing any kind of network during the development of my game, so now i'm trying to show it the most i can everywhere on the internet.

A little of java/javascript is all i have code-wise, even so, i'm kind of terrible at it. While the later helped in developing RPG Maker MV stuff, i relied on outside plugins anywway.

I'm trying to doing my visual gimmick of making assets from photos and animating them in a kinda of virtual stop motion style, but it's still looks kinda of amateurish for now.

My first game (I hope it's not the last), was released pretty much this month. Already thinking of doing another game since there's no much else in this quarantine anyway. Still not sure if i want to do another tiny thing on RPG maker or jumping to Unity and C# stuff, tho my pc is kinda on the low end spectrum so i dunno if i can run the engine properly.

That's it. Dunno if the TIG community is as active as it was back then, but doesn't hurt to get in touch with you people just in case.

« Last Edit: June 19, 2020, 02:20:50 PM by Ghostwind » Logged
8-BitNovels
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11262 on: June 21, 2020, 07:21:06 AM »

Hi!
I'm just some guy named Jonathan making his way. This is well, a hobby of mine, that I'm passionate about to express stories.
(It was this or books/movies... obviously from the grammar, books wasn't an option... and movies? Ehh, the drama teachers only accepted theatrical performances, so... here I am! Joining an "Indie brotherhood" with this pledge.)

Got into gaming probably somewhere around the 2010s, where web browser games was the only games my parents would allow my eyes to be exposed to.
(Yeah yeah, I've those parents that are willing to pay hundreds of pounds for a handbag but disregard a video game that cost 20 quid. Oh and quid? Pounds? Yeah, I'm British.)

It was nice and all until I met something that would truly get me hooked into gaming... and giving me eyes bags:
Minecraft.
Oh boy, 2012 was fun. Anyways, as previously said before, my parents are well, my parents! So usually my games I would get would either be: another typical Steam summer sale or indie games.

And guess which one got me into creating video games?
I was a kid back then and my eyes were onto mostly FPS games like TF2, instead of realising the beauty of this one indie game sitting in the dust: To The Moon.

Few years later, I replayed To The Moon, and man... those tears... what have I been missing on?!
Leading me to some other few nice indie games :>

Great story? Yea! Game play? I wouldn't hesitate to replay it (unless it's uhm... cupheads... then...) Music? Too many eargasms. And graphics? Impressive.

And this led me to having this hobby of making video games after working on with a free trial of a RPG Maker Engine (Yeah yeah, I'm using a "cookie cutter" engine, cut me some slack, I'll make it up with the music :3 )

So I guess that's what... a handful of years summarised to enter this community?
Anyways, I'm working on a few more projects to keep my sanity and it'll be great to post some devlogs now and there and be part of this community.

So yeah... am I accepted here now?
AFBROS.GAMES
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #11263 on: June 21, 2020, 01:01:58 PM »

HI FROM AFBROS GAMES

With little background in programming, lockdown here in the UK has been a great time to finally learn C# and Unity allowing us to fulfilling a longstanding desire to make games and explore the world of Indie Development. As a new team we're really excited to get involved in the community and can't wait to share what we make as well as explore and be inspired by what others a creating!

Here's to our future with Indie Development  Toast Left

kunialabs
Level 0

Spark love for science in kids, using mobile games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11264 on: June 22, 2020, 12:01:18 PM »

I am very happy to introduce myself and share a brief of my journey into indie game production.

As a father to a Tween (son aged 10 yrs), I have found myself badgered for my iPad from my kid all times

From nursery rhymes to every possible edu-content on YouTube made the iPad all but unavailable for me.

Made me realize gradually that Gen Z is a digital native generation and digital devices are second nature to them

I found that games were something Tweens were getting attracted to a lot.This attraction ranged from lots of interest to borderline addiction to digital games

Long story short, this realization provided the impetus for me . I realized that taking away games/digital devices abruptly from kids would not solve the problem and make them model kids who love books, hobbies, outdoor activities

To use digital games to spark love for science in children (Tweens 6yrs to 12 yrs) thus become a mission which translated to a startup i founded KuniaLabs.

Hence my submission that there are startups and companies which realize in these testing times (pandemic), edu-games fill a tertiary slot and have a role to play in fun learning

Of course all this has to be supervised by parents as else the cure would become worse than the problem itself.

​Looking forward to contributing and learning as we get ready for our next game launch .

Avinash
Founder - KuniaLabs

http://www.kunialabs.com
url]https://twitter.com/kunialabs[/url]

« Last Edit: June 22, 2020, 12:07:47 PM by kunialabs » Logged
Mr.JBRPG
Level 0

Game Dev of Fintail Gladiator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11265 on: June 23, 2020, 01:46:59 PM »

I am JBRPG, an East Bay native in my home state of California. I have been developing small games since UCSC in 2011 to the present. I have experience in software engineering across general web applications.

Feel free to have a look at my projects form work and my hobby of game development.

My portfolio website
https://jbrpg.github.io/

My itch io page
https://mrjbrpg.itch.io/

I would be happy to showcase one of the latest projects in my sparetime:
https://mrjbrpg.itch.io/fish-tail-vs-urchins-prototype/devlog/156807/opponent-fish-ai-implemented

Developer behind Fintail Gladiator. Try the prototype and leave feedback: https://tinyurl.com/y8xgmah7
mrb______
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11266 on: June 25, 2020, 05:00:17 AM »

Greetings!
My name is Bader, also known as Mr B. I'm a web developer.

I've worked on all sorts of projects, and most recently (since 2016, 4 years now), have focused on more playful learning stuff.

Some of my recent projects: BRICKS, a puzzle-game that uses physical building blocks, and STEMPREP, another puzzle game that uses blocks but designed for classrooms. I also developed Makepop, a creative kit (patent-pending). Now I'm back to doing web things, experimenting with creative stuff.

I guess I'm not a "game developer" but I do run an indie project, and it's all about play.

So yeah, Hi. =)
tekirgames
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11267 on: June 26, 2020, 02:16:10 PM »

I am an game developer
i want to be a AAA developer.

KhayalanArts
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11268 on: June 26, 2020, 06:27:11 PM »

Hello everyone!

I'm El & I lead a small team of Indie developers Khayalan Arts from Indonesia. We develop games featuring themes of pollution, mental-health & culture.

We're relatively a new team, but consisting of members that had put out games with previous companies, one of the game we worked on is called INCUBO that was released last year 2019.

My role in the team covers a-little-a-lot of here-and-there (as you know how we do it as indie folks), but my background specifically comes from design, I graduated from Norwich University of the Arts, UK, with BA in Game Design & have also participated & won awards in Dare To Be Digital 2013 with University of Abertay, Scotland - probably the most important years I had in learning about everything development related.

My journey in this mystical realm of gaming started in my childhood playing SNES & Genesis platformers. So naturally as I grow older those are the games that I most resonate with - games with beautifully drawn levels, music, wacky segment. As gaming evolved over the years into the next gen era I was drawn into wider genres that features puzzles, tough bosses, horror & thriller elements, overly-convoluted JRPG-eque stories, story driven adventure games and more!

Some of the influences that I hold dearly over the years are;

Aladdin
Castle of Illusion
Comic Zone
Ghosts n' Goblins
Oddworld Abe's oddysee
Silent Hill series
Resident Evil series
Brave Fencer Musashi
Suikoden series
Final Fantasy series
Castlevania SOTN
Braid
Limbo
Machinarium
Journey
Katamari Damacy
Heavy Rain
Beyond: Two Souls
Detroit
God of War series
Terraria
Souls Series
Cuphead
and many many many many more ofc

Anyway, I'll be sharing more about the game that I currently am working on every now and then, here's my icth.io page if you'd like to check it out https://khayalan-arts.itch.io/

Thank you for reading and come say hi! If you resonate with similar type of games that I mentioned above :D

Have an amazing weekend all!
- El

'It's only 1 straw' - Says 8 Billion people
bahman_aries
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11269 on: June 27, 2020, 10:42:09 PM »

Hi everyone, My name is Bahman and I am trying to pursue Game Design as a career. I've been working as a programmer for around 13 years now but I've always had a great passion for creating games.
I've enjoyed so many games back in late 90's but rather than naming them I'm gonna post pictures to bring back some memories Smiley

As far as I remember, I've always wanted to create games and watch others play them. As a child I used to create board games and ask my friends to play. When the first Age of Empire series were released I was more into the "map editor" than the game itself and the same with Warcraft TFT. I was creating story-driven games using the map editors and forcing everyone to play them  Cheesy

As a gamer, I was really good at Mortal Kombat series. I was spending years on that game and learnt most of the codes and secrets but since back then there was no internet to look up for codes and stuff I decided to write my own visual cheat book! I was 14 so I didn't know the first thing about publishing a book but I kept writing and drawing pictures of all the characters until I grew older and found the idea stupid! However, now at the age of 36, I'm still carrying that book for some reason (can't let go I guess Cheesy ) Here is a picture:

I started working in game industry as a Unity developer 6 years ago and worked on a few not very famous titles. But I've always been more interested in the design part of the story so I started educating myself and reading some books (The Art of Game Design, Level Up and some other good stuff) and 2 years ago decided to create my own game. Well it's a classic adventure horror game called "Lightless: The 21st Sacrifice" which in fact got published on Steam 2 weeks ago! Grin
Since it's a single developer project, it has so many issues yet but with all the flaws and imperfections, I am glad that I finally  did it  Smiley
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1305050/Lightless/

Thank you for reading and send me a message if you recognize all 3 pictures (in that case you're almost a senior citizen Grin)
« Last Edit: June 27, 2020, 11:08:26 PM by bahman_aries » Logged
Absolem99
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #11270 on: June 29, 2020, 12:37:56 PM »

Greeting my fellow comrades,

I'm Al, a French Marketing Manager Night Elf, working with a small indie dev team.

I obtained a Master's degree in International Management and Marketing at the Jedi Academy with the High Council’s honors, I speak 4 languages (Daedric too) and I’m one of the best communicator and intergalactic trade negotiator you could possibly find.

I have developed many skills during my various adventures with marketing strategy and space-combat, but in my opinion, the most important one is the ability to understand a person’s real needs and to answer them.

I consider this to be the main role as a Sergeant Marketer, and what I would really bring to a fight-unit is this focus on the final user’s needs and experience that is often forgotten. Because I am deeply convinced that experience-focused games are what matter the most.

Regarding my long-term goals, they ideally focus on content creation, game-promotion, and taking over the world.

Talking of my current goal on Tigsource, they are to exchange with developers, learn more, but also bring my knowledge in Marketing and Publishing. I know how much developers can suffer in this field.

I would also like to be transparent by telling you that I’m also here in the hope of giving more visibility to a game that my team and I spent more than 5 years developing, but whose launch wasn't as good as expected, resulting in only 10 reviews on Steam. I hope that developers will be able to give their opinions and I’ll probably make a thread within the next week in the Townhall (The game is called BookBound Brigade if anyone wishes to take a look at it ahead).

Looking forward to contributing Smiley

Al
aluckyidiot
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11271 on: June 29, 2020, 02:27:35 PM »

Hi! How are yah?
I'm Ezequiel Sanchez, an apassionate hobbyist... I really love playing videgames since i was a child. Zelda, mario, sonic, pokemon... Aww men, a lot of memories... And I thought that I can give it a shot on making them... I know it's kinda a crazy project, but why not? I'm really exited..
And I wanna make friends, learn from others, share the games we make, and lot more!
"Only in the leap from the lion's head will he prove his worth." Indie Jones, why not our motto too?  Wink

snkz
TIGBaby

voxel game dev

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11272 on: July 05, 2020, 10:50:38 AM »

Hey all, i'm Abdi/snkz a Canadian full time game developer that is a little too addicted to engine development.

I've been working on a voxel engine for about 5 years on and off now and recently committed to turning it something shippable. Will hopefully be sharing that on the forum here at some point.

Hoping to gain inspiration and keep myself focused through this forum. The dream is to have a product that can make enough to get me to the next.

http://abdi.dahir.ca/

Cory-C
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11273 on: July 05, 2020, 12:36:00 PM »

Hello there!

I'm a french music composer/sound designer, and former Game design student.
I'm a big RPG enthusiast, and I love making chiptune, strongly inspired by the Mother series OST or retro FF OST.

I worked on several projects for game jams, and during my studies, as game designer but especially music composing and sound design Smiley

You can find out more about what I do right here, with music I did for projects, or just for fun Smiley
SgtSelkie
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11274 on: July 05, 2020, 01:30:08 PM »

I am five raccoons in a large trench coat. I want to make stupid games and god dammit I’m gonna do it.
nabbo
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11275 on: July 13, 2020, 08:57:41 AM »

Hi All,

My Name is Nabil, I have been an indie developer since 5+ years. I had been working on several projects but released only few.

It had been really hard developing games with coding and graphics and with limited budget. But after a lot of experience I am finally able to put some great work.

Unreleased ongoing Projects:

RoboRex
Spacecraft X: Untouchable
AoG: Age of Dragons
Pirates (Multiplayer turn base game) 

My released old projects:
Stupid Duck
Zango's Shark treasure

Current completed Project:
Zango's Shark Adventure
Bulbul the game ( Arabic Learning )

An Indie Developer
Current Projects: Zango's Shark Adventure - Steam Link: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1271930/
In Progress: RoboRex, Spacecraft X: Untouchable, Pirates (Multiplayer turn base game)
vmtbits
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11276 on: July 15, 2020, 11:29:51 PM »

Hi,
My name is Valentin. A romanian who lives on the same lands where Vlad Dracula (Tepez) once lived Smiley.

Started years ago as a software engineer in different fields and now, hoping to 'end' it as a game developer.
(I just started to develop games but I have a lot of time to get better at it.)
My project page: http://app.valentinticu.space/paganhope/
AdmiralSkye
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11277 on: July 16, 2020, 01:04:08 PM »

Hi everyone, I'm Omar. I'm a somewhat new developer from Puerto Rico. I've studied both game art and programming, and while I haven't really finished any big projects, I'm hoping I finally do with my current one.
Makhor
Level 0

I make videogames, sometimes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11278 on: July 21, 2020, 10:58:59 AM »

I'll be very straight forward, because honestly that's what I know how to best! My name is Jorge, but I go by the nickname Makhor online, and I'm a hobbyist(?) indie game developer that's participated in a lot of game jams and made some (kind of) complete projects! The project that I'm most proud of at the moment is Espectro City, a game I made for a jam back in 2019, which looks like this:

Some of my favorite games are TLoZ: Majora's Mask, Super Mario Galaxy 1/2, Portal 2, Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty, VA-11 HALL-A, etc.
I really like experimental games, which you can kind of see in some of the games I've listed! And those are the types of games I like to make!

I think my biggest problem while developing projects is the scope. I tend to think "Oh, that doesn't sound too time consuming!", but then it turns out that it is and I have to think of another solution, but I've gotten better with time! I don't really know how to end this post, so I'll just say that it's a pleasure to meet you all and that I hope I get to see all the cool stuff you're all working on!

Have a nice day!
MV_Games
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #11279 on: July 22, 2020, 04:41:22 AM »

Greetings, everybody!

Is this text OK to be posted in Townhall subject?
Redmoon Games would like to present its debut project on Steam platform! It is an atmospheric visual novel depicted in the style of anime. A touching and gripping story about a young man, Maks, who went in search of the missing red headed girl of his dreams in an abandoned, mysterious detached house. Will he manage to save the beauty and unravel the mystery of the cursed mansion?

Feel free to check these by yourself!
Page on Steam: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1254280/Locked/
Pages: 1 ... 562 563 [564] 565 566 ... 601
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic