Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411511 Posts in 69375 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 12:19:17 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 563 564 [565] 566 567 ... 601
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1952423 times)
CoralBen
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11280 on: July 22, 2020, 08:08:04 AM »

Hi I'm a self taught developer and dad of 3 young kids. I created Wide Awake Pip (a speech-based game for kids - if you're interested it's here: https://wideawakepip.com).

I'd love to get feedback and thoughts from this community.

Many thanks

candybones
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11281 on: July 24, 2020, 12:34:37 PM »

My name is Megan. I am a visual artist and musician. I am looking to do work for games.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2020, 10:43:58 PM by candybones » Logged
DexteRGames
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11282 on: July 24, 2020, 01:49:20 PM »

Hey I am Andre,
Worked 13 years at a casual game publisher/game development company.
And now I've been on my own for awhile. And in the meantime made 2 games for PC and macOS in Unity.
Currently working on the android/ios verions of my 2nd game.

I am doing everything on my own, only using some sound effects and music i bought in my games. And doing all the programming/art/release stuff and marketing myself.
So I'm solo developer Smiley

I always used to make games during my school days, but used to use graphics from existing games.
For me was more just the challenge of myself, to see if i could do it.
Back then i did everything myself, no code leaching of the internet, and scripting stuff together.
(I still do for the most part).
I like to think and solve things myself Smiley

The nickname DexteR is from my time in Doom I~Quake3 time, where my friends called me dexter from dexters laboratory.
Since i had so many computers in my room Smiley 

Cheers,
Andre (DexteR)
DexteR Games.

A solo game developer.
DexteR Games
http://www.dextergames.nl/
Dynomak
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11283 on: July 27, 2020, 11:59:50 PM »

Hey all!

My name is Moussa, and I'm a designer from Switzerland. Been in the industry for over a decade, mostly on triple-A titles - you might've played a few (EVE Online, Far Cry 3, Watch_Dogs, Assassin's Creed Origins...).

Went indie with a friend in 2017 and we're currently working on our first PC game after making a few games for mobile. I guess I'm a duo-developer (as opposed to solo)?  Who, Me?

Other than making terrible jokes, some of my favourite games include The Last Ninja (and too many other Commodore64 games to list...), Doom, the Civilization series, Quake III, Diablo, Papers Please, Portal 2... Too many!

My goal going indie is two-fold:
- Learn and improve on the other skills required to make a successful game (beyond the 'making' part)
- Find and hone my voice as an author

Gentleman

Nice to meet y'all!

Suttebun
« Reply #11284 on: July 28, 2020, 11:06:03 AM »

Quote from: Dynomak
..Too many!

Well you don't have to include them all like a punch out card.
If it's for strangers, how bout sharing a game that nobody knows about
15MinutesOfGame
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11285 on: July 31, 2020, 10:42:29 PM »

Hello!

We are 15 Minutes of Game, a small nascent indie studio from Melbourne, Australia. We've been playing games since the glory days of DOS and love all things point-and-click adventure, old-school platformers, FPS and survival/crafting/exploration.

We have a background in youth work and education and support people building their own games through our education programs.

Our first project was I Want To Go To Mars https://www.15minutesofgame.com.au/mars, a storybook adventure for kids and parents.

Our latest project is Trash

, an exploration/puzzle/crafting game set in a post-human world.

Looking forward to contributing to this awesome indie community!

Jami
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11286 on: August 01, 2020, 10:53:16 AM »

Hi! My name is Jami. You may have worked that out, already.

I make games in my free time (been a gamer since I was a child). Thanks for reading!
Sp1ke
Level 0

Mike

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11287 on: August 02, 2020, 10:45:32 AM »

Hi,

My name is Mike and I’m creator and worker of one-man team called Spikeprojects. I love to create graphics, animations and games.

Since I can remember I loved creating different characters, comics and other stuff like that.
I always liked batman, x-men, anime, manga and japanise games. My beloved is of all times are Silent Hill series 1 to 4, Deadly Premotition, Conker Bad Fur Day, Zelda, Banjo Kazooie, Burnout 3-4 etc.

One of my favourite genres are visual novels. I think that Divi Dead encompasses the best and the worst aspects of visual novel.
Erotic threads are totally unnecessary destroying deph of great plot.

I tried to learn different languages like java etc. But writing lines of code worked on me like reppelant.

Now my new objective is creation of Sci-fi game called "Singular Exotic Matter" https://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=70449.0

ovo6
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11288 on: August 03, 2020, 06:37:30 AM »

Hi, my name is Andrew and I'm full-time developer. Currently as a side project in my free time I'm working on browser game temerion8.com.
I like opeworld rpg games like skyrim and strategy games like civ, endless space and such which is also a source of inspiration for me.
Suttebun
« Reply #11289 on: August 03, 2020, 09:01:44 AM »

Welcome guys Coffee

I suggest reading through Mockups, or the "Please say this is going to be a game" thread, there's a lot of great ideas worth remembering and learning from.

also GIFs of games being worked on.
tecomprendo
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11290 on: August 03, 2020, 10:31:36 PM »

Hi everybody!  Well, hello there!

We’re a non-profit company dedicated to spreading the word of God and the good news of the kingdom in a free, active and practical way. We have online biblical consolation services and distribute content of general interest.  Gentleman
Morselbyte
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11291 on: August 04, 2020, 08:44:40 AM »

Hi,
I just recently began my journey into making 3d game art and animation for my own company.
I'm a bit more technical as an artist, and I do like to work with animations a lot.
Sajdkick
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11292 on: August 04, 2020, 11:09:59 PM »

Hello everyone! Pontus Björkberg here! Been dreaming about making games since 2010 when i realized i loved programming and started playing around with Unity, which led to me making my first "game" a year later (https://www.kongregate.com/games/BirchMountain/the-quest-for-a-merry-christmas)

Since then i've been hard at work trying to get to the point where i could actually make something worth playing, started my master in Game and software engineering, but "quit" just before doing my thesis to start my own indie studio, www.attractive.se, with some friends. That was three years ago and now we are just a month from releasing our first game! And we are way overdue, but it's time for real feedback Wink

Look forward for Paper Games early access in a very near future  Gentleman
ColossalGames
Level 0

Creator of Commando Jack

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11293 on: August 06, 2020, 03:25:52 AM »

Hi All,

I am the founder of Colossal Games and creator of Commando Jack.
I initially started getting into games development when my friend showed me how he builds PCs and plays on them. He played a game called Unreal Tournament and bought graphics cards from Nvidia, all very foreign to me back then. I found out the costs and got a job at a pizza delivery service while I was at College, so I could afford to buy parts for a PC, until I had the whole computer built. I only spent £1 per day on food and I walked to and from College to save additional money, until I had built my own PC.

I ended up beating him at Unreal Tournament, then becoming number 2 in the world (according to the WW UTStats) for Low Grav Instagib CTF on Unreal Tournament 2003 and 2004. I soon got bored of playing the same maps over and over, so I learned how to build my own levels, host my own server and play them. Some of my maps reached the top 5 most played maps of all time & are still played today.

Since 2004, I have come a long way in games development, but to keep it short, my crowning achievement was building Commando Jack (originally made for Mobile), getting it published by EA Games Chillingo, and getting over 10 million plays. This was my first published game.

I have since been struggling to get enough money to continue making games independently, but I don't give up the fight.

I found this forum by reading the Indie Games Developer Handbook (great book) and was surprised how awesome this forum is.

I hope that's enough of an introduction, I skipped a few years, perhaps a decade, but yeah hi everyone!

I'm the founder of Colossal Games
darkdimension
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11294 on: August 06, 2020, 04:21:03 PM »

Hello all,

My name is Tom. I live in the UK, and I'm an indie game developer.

I've always been a massive fun of complicated puzzle games, and never miss a board game night with friends. Although I wouldn't turn down a good RPG game either.

Since I was young, I had my own ideas of how game dev should be like. I've recently starting working on my own programming language for video games, and I've already started releasing games with it.

A close relative of mine is a painter, and as I was growing up, I wanted to treat game development like drawing on a canvas. I still have a lot to learn, but always enjoy seeing other people's approach.

Looking forward to interacting with all of you Smiley
WindowCat
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #11295 on: August 10, 2020, 10:01:50 AM »

Hello, I'm Martin, and this is my obligatory introduction!  Gentleman
DreamTeamRoyale
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11296 on: August 10, 2020, 11:51:32 AM »

I am a programmer who made the game Dream Team Royale https://www.dreamteamroyale.com
thoughtreactor
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11297 on: August 11, 2020, 11:22:36 AM »

Hello! My name is Michael. I'm from Florida in the US and I publish my games as Thought Reactor.

I'm a big fan of puzzle and RPG games so I'm always looking to play new and interesting games that my fellow indie games are cooking up.

I've been doing game dev as a hobby since I was 13, so over 15 years now. It wasn't until the last 4 or 5 years that I've really started participating in game jams and trying to get small projects out in the world.

Looking forward to connecting with you all and seeing what is going on in the world of indie game dev!

Founder of Thought Reactor

Currently developing IGEO DX a Sokoban-like puzzle game.
LightvsDark
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11298 on: August 13, 2020, 02:24:51 AM »

Hi there,

I am someone who has built their own computers from bits and pieces since I was 13 and developed a strong love of not just putting them together but learning some programming along the way.

I am endeavouring to create games that are a little different from what is already out there so it is not just another 'x' game and so on, but with enough similar elements that they are easy to pick up without lengthy tutorials or field experience.

I look forward to having my first full browser game developed soon!
RobertBleyl
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11299 on: August 15, 2020, 01:58:15 AM »

Hi!

I'm a software developer from Germany. In the last 9 years I mainly worked on Java server applications (Spring and JEE). While I'm probably best at java backend development I consider myself a fullstack dev as I also know my way around standard web technologies.

The first game I was able to get out there is in fact a browser game that uses standard web technologies and a java spring backend. This was the perfect project for to build Smiley I'm continuing to work on that, this is quite the passion project for me.

The second game that I've been working on (on and off...) is a 3D space shooter. I started working on it over 13 years ago while I was still on the university. I began with the jMonkeyEngine (a java based game engine) but at some point I realized that this was getting no where so I started all over again with Unity. I gotta say - Unity is a much better engine than jME, but that wasn't much of a surprise as jME has not the biggest dev community Wink Still I learned a lot from jME, lot's of that carries over the Unity as well. And as a Java dev it was rather easy for me to get used to C# Wink

This about covers it Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 563 564 [565] 566 567 ... 601
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic