Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 12:04:48 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 564 565 [566] 567 568 ... 601
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1943356 times)
h4NdYm4N
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11300 on: August 16, 2020, 10:22:05 PM »

Hey all, I found my way over here from Pixelation.org. I'm a long-time game fan, programmer, and life-learner, although i have had less time in recent years to play games... also some damages to my hands have changed the way i gain pleasure from video-games... I am however very interested in development, and am trained in computers; and less formally art and music, although it's this has all sort of taken a sideline, until very recently.

...my interests are probably more in the realm of retro-computing, and also with very much interest to accessibility! Until Covid, i'd sort of put programming on the back burner while I dealt with some personal stuff(hand + other stuff), although in the past few months I have begun to code again! I am very interested in doing a browser game(or maybe just a website).  

here are some ascii-emojis:

♪┏(°.°)┛┗(°.°)┓┗(°.°)┛┏(°.°)┓ ♪

( ͝סּ ͜ʖ͡סּ)

(⌐ఠ‿ಠ)             (⌐ಠ▃ಠ)              (⌐ಠヮఠ)              (⌐ఠᐛఠ)              (⌐ಡ‿ಡ)

ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ

(ɔ◔‿◔)ɔ ♥

(ง'̀□'́)ノ彡┻━┻

(ᕙ◔ʖ◔)

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

( ˘ ͜ʖ ˘)

~(^_^)~

{\_/}
          (●ﻌ ●)
         (>#<)....

And I should probably say, I'm a pretty big fan of Bungie, Blizzard, LucasArts! ...although more so growing up in the old days(been playing less games since the hand) ...also Westwood plus a few more companies that get progressively more obscure(mostly PC games).

Actually, here's one that really struck me in my teens! And which i also recently rediscovered while tooling around on my old laptop:
Galactica: Anno Dominari(heads up you will need an old Mac)

...it really sparked my imagination back like 15 years ago! and surprisingly again pretty recently! perhaps it's just from the news about global warming and the prospect that in the very imminent future we will all be forced to move to the Moon just to survive:

https://phys.org/news/2020-08-underestimated-pace-arctic.html

https://phys.org/news/2020-08-evidence-loss-arctic-sea-ice.html

On a side note, the new Robot Unicorn Attack is pretty good!  Tongue  Cheesy  Well, hello there!  Kiss  Tears of Joy
« Last Edit: September 16, 2021, 08:45:00 AM by h4NdYm4N » Logged
16 story bits
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11301 on: August 18, 2020, 05:55:24 AM »

Hello,

Just another indie dev. Nice to meet you!
Star Studio
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11302 on: August 24, 2020, 11:20:19 PM »

Beer! Hi!

The name's Scott, Joe Scott. Look, I'll be frank. I love games, but I also love a lot of other stuff too  Blink Like poetry, MMA, and music. But games I do have a major passion for also!  Toast Right Right now though, I'm totally making a game, which will be super coOoL!  Wizard

I'm 25, a wannabe game designer and MMA competitor. I do, write poetry, been in one [soon to be] published collection of poetry. BUT anyway, my favorite all-time biggest most beloved movie that I watch every night for many years now, is The Lord of the Rings. On occasion, I will watch Harry Potter, Star Wars, Fantastic Beasts. I have a great passion for the creative works of video games and movies!  Cool But what will spike my interest, is uhm . . . anything really, like maybe [preferably] do you like Minecraft, LittleBigPlanet, Dreams!? Ark Survival: Evolved? Or, or even Beasts of Bermuda? I love those games.  Screamy Screamy Screamy

But yeah, I grew up with the Pokemon franchise and the PlayStation 2, Jak and Daxter, Ratchet and Clank, etc. Right now I have a Kickstarter as I'm trying to gain the . . . oh curse that, I'm just yeah . . . an average Joe (no pun intended) trynna get by, living simply. I hope you guys will like me being here, and I hope to make some friends along the way!

Thank you for reading this!
onur
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11303 on: August 25, 2020, 03:32:45 PM »

Hi everyone,

Another solo dev here. I've been lurking for some time, so I figured it's time I join.
Spirit Galleon
Level 0

Heck.

View Profile
« Reply #11304 on: August 25, 2020, 09:11:15 PM »

Hello, I'm a jack of all trades artist and animator that works in many different mediums, with specialization in creation of concept art and finalized game assets. a selection of work can be found below:
Twitter
Artstation
crediblesteve
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11305 on: September 02, 2020, 06:25:59 PM »

Haiiii~ Just introducing myself here ... Name's Steve, not the Minecraft one though. I just started Indie solo game development with Godot. I don't have much experience in game designing, just an education on programming instead. Programming theories unfortunately don't make my games look better or more fun. So here I am, introducing myself and hoping for some critical feedback on my game design (aka gameplay).
If you wanna tell me to go play some games myself in order to understand how good game designs work ... well ... let's just say I play a lot of games, but my design sense is off the charts (and into the dumpster probably hahaha). Anyways, no need to hold back on criticism. Although I may not take all of them into account, I will definitely not cry over them.
Welp, I look forward to ... lurking on these forums and waiting for feedback.  Gentleman
mikaelteles
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11306 on: September 03, 2020, 01:06:27 PM »

Hi guys,i'm Mikael and I just launched my first project on the Kickstarter.

I wanted to share it here on TIGforums so you can visit the page and see everything we will do in this great project. thanks! if anyone is interested support this game and win a copy of the final version, an early access demo and other rewards.

Future's end is an First person shooter, action-adventure game with RPG elements and puzzle-solving
In this game you'll be fighting against different types of enemies from drones, small and fast robots to bosses that can be as big as skyscrapers.

The game also has a lot of gameplay features such as:
Wall Running.
dismemberment mechanics.
unlockable Weapons and skins.
unlockable character skins.
and much more.

Support Future's End on Kicktarter: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/futures-end/futures-end
DanceLucifer
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11307 on: September 03, 2020, 09:54:51 PM »

Here goes nothing!

My name is Dakota and I'm a composer, I know  there's a thousands of composer on here looking for projects but now it's 1001 composers!

Regardless of my own personal success I hope to be a valuable member of this community, I tried my hardest to look around this forum and I hope I fit in!

As far as projects go, I'm mostly just working on my own portfolio. My biggest project is Re-imagining a few themes of Final Fantasy IX (https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_Vt07z7qBcahnYOhENW4EpPDDUhO9TZ9). I have a few teams asking me for work currently (I'm new so they're gauging me as well) but I'd love to help anyone in need of a track or two for their game. I'd rather help someone creating something new than just continue making new music for old games. I can pretty much do any style, in fact I love challenges! I've been working of a few pieces of Arabian style music and I love broadening my scope. I'm willing to accept any and all challenges!

I'm looking to help anyone in need of music, I'd love to get into game jams, and I'd love helping people out with a few soundtracks for their game, or even trailers. The more experience I can get the better! I'd especially love to help out a team with custom sound effects, I really need to practice that in a true development environment.

Thank you so much for welcoming me and good luck to you all.
lucasfraser
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #11308 on: September 04, 2020, 08:03:49 PM »

Hello all,

I'm Lucas, together with my cousin Sam we make things... Games more specifically. We started out making tiny little apps and games in Java (think Java2D graphics api) then stumbled upon Ludum Dare and entered the 24th one back in 2012. Since then I think we've done 10 or so of them over the years. All lots of good fun.
Here's a screenshot of our first ever entry (made at age 15 or so).

Since then we've worked on a few projects in our spare time, the one we spent most of our time on was First Light, which is an open world survival game, we still haven't finished it but it certainly was a huge learning experience, both in terms of scope and game engine programming. We made a choice early on to not use on of the big engines going around, and instead used the LWJGL and programmed in Java. Writing an entire game engine is no easy feat, and I think we're at the point where when we decide to pick up the project again we'll be remaking it in something like Unity or Unreal.

Now we've just release our first game called Fort Golf. Which has been a very long learning experience as I'm sure a lot of you here can attest to. But all in all I think we're both very happy with what we've achieved.

Check out our website https://chromaticjunkyard.com/ if you're interested in anything we've been up to.
LastDeadMouse50
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11309 on: September 09, 2020, 08:10:02 AM »

Hi everyone!

I'm an indie game developer working on finishing my first project. I have a full-time job (outside of the games industry) and a family (wife, son, and two dogs) and so game development is something I do with what little spare time I have. I have worked in the games industry in the past, and I have been a gamer my whole life.

Over the years, I learned how to use Unity and toyed around with making demos of game ideas I've had rattling around in my head. Over the last year, however, I finally focused on finishing a simple game idea that I knew I could finish. I'll probably be posting soon in the feedback forum to offer a free build for people to test and give feedback. In the meantime, however, I wanted to say hello and wish you all well! Hope your projects are coming along great!

Best wishes & stay healthy!
- Doug
LastDeadMouse50
dude
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11310 on: September 12, 2020, 12:20:24 PM »

Hey guys. I am new here. I'm Arik from Oslo, Norway and wannabe game developer :D
My background is from animation and basic flash development, and now I am making my own stuff as a hobby.
Dyuozor
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11311 on: September 15, 2020, 12:54:09 PM »

Hi guys,

I am an amateur game dev from France (currently living in the US).
I make games as a hobby for now while I am learning the ropes.
Bones
Level 10

3 Months Sober

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11312 on: September 15, 2020, 10:09:58 PM »

It's been years since I've been here. So is best that I re-introduce myself.

My name is Derek 'Bones' Boe
I've been around for a while. Hand Any Key Wizard Toast Right

Has been a minute since I've posted here. Expect to see more of me in the future.
Nearly forgot about this site, and it's residents. Although by the looks of it, many faces have come and gone.

Some of them created Minecraft (Notch), Spelunky (Derek Yu - Founder of TIG), Catacomb Kids (Xion), Rain World (JLJac), Fez (fish), CRAWL (barneycummings).

It's been surreal to watch the success of indie game developers. It's sad to see how saturated the market has become as video games become easier to create. But at the same time, it's the legends like the ones I mentioned previously who make a mark on the industry.

Don't ever think for a second that you couldn't become the next cactus or vlambeer. Those people worked hard to get to where they are. But video game development and the expansion of what it means to be a video game will continue to expand.

I will leave with this final note.

Let's try to make more games that don't involve violence and killing. <3 Much love, I missed this community.

Sit down and relax,
Keeping focus on your breath,
This may take a while.

FelipeQuevici
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11313 on: September 18, 2020, 06:03:19 AM »

I have been lurking the community since i heard about it a few days ago and it's awesome!

My name is Felipe, i'm from Brazil and I work with games programming in Unity as a hobby since 2013 (i guess), with a few paying jobs but not that fancy, and hopefully i will be working full time soon!

ahomewki
TIGBaby

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11314 on: September 19, 2020, 04:53:51 PM »

Hi! I'm Érica, game dev and digital artist from Brazil.

I just discovered this forum today because of a game on itch.io and since I'm trying to be more active in game dev and also be more social in the game dev community I tought "why not".
Currently I'm working on 3 short games, and I know it sounds an awful idea but I'm alternating between them when I'm stuck on one. And since I don't want to be idle anymore, I "chill" working on one of the others.
The first one (first gif) it's the one I'll spend a lot more time, but I hope it's simple enough I can finish. The second started as a really short idea just to be a distraction, and the third I just started for a challenge this month (second gif).

I'm hoping to learn and share experiences here.

>< >< >< >< >< >< >< >< >< >< >< >< >< >< >< >< >< >< >< ><

>< >< >< >< >< >< >< >< >< >< >< >< >< >< >< >< >< >< >< ><

Tobius the Grand
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11315 on: September 20, 2020, 05:19:49 AM »

Hey I'm Trevor. I live in the midwest (United States) and work as a software engineer for my day job! I've always loved making games. I once made a board game in elementary school that my friends and I would stay inside from recess to play, every week I would make new maps and monsters, it was great!

After getting my degree in computer science I started working as a web developer and have continue to create board games and video games. I have a google drive literally filled with game ideas but only recently have I started to seriously commit to developing a game. (And why I'm now here!)

Nice to meet all of you!

Try My Prototype - Merchant of Windvale

Fantasy shop sim rpg with social links, many activities
LoneAxeGames
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11316 on: September 21, 2020, 10:49:20 AM »

https://tenor.com/view/scarlett-johansson-gif-10457972

hi im alan an indie game dev trying to make some creative games with taking a genre and make it greater again . i does matter to me because im sick with those 100 same games without  creativity and some hard work.
primarly its a challenge for me and a fun way to meet great people in the indie game dev journey.

No goals means you're a dead body alive
anonyore
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11317 on: September 22, 2020, 08:07:14 PM »

hello i like to make cool games.
i lurked here and now i'm going to post on it! Grin
« Last Edit: September 23, 2020, 09:55:20 AM by anonyore » Logged
MilkyTeaLuke
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11318 on: September 23, 2020, 06:52:19 AM »

Hey everyone!

I'm Luke! An artist and community guy here at Milky Tea Studios!

We're releasing our multiplayer sports brawler game HyperBrawl Tournament October 20th of this year! It's been 4 years in development and we're very happy to finally see it launched on PC, Xbox, PS4 and Switch!

Looking forward to hanging around here Smiley
BMZ Games
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11319 on: September 24, 2020, 04:18:08 AM »

Hi everyone!

My name is Ben and I'm a web developer, but in my free time I work on mobile games.
I love racing games.

Nice to meet you!
Pages: 1 ... 564 565 [566] 567 568 ... 601
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic