Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411433 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58418 Members - Latest Member: Pix_RolleR

April 20, 2024, 06:26:58 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 565 566 [567] 568 569 ... 601
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1944587 times)
Astrobionics
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11320 on: September 25, 2020, 06:39:28 AM »

Hello!
I am Sergey, a unity developer, developing mobile games in my spare time. My magnum opus is an early access android action-rpg shooter "Constellation Eleven" that is already available in google play.
tarwn
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #11321 on: September 27, 2020, 06:26:25 AM »

Hey everyone!

I'm Eli, a developer (mostly web/business apps) and gamer (PC, little bit of everything) and on the side I occasionally play with procedural generation (recent project below).

Joined because I also geek out on startups and business models and want to learn more about how indie game devs execute on the business and marketing side of things.

Nice to meet everyone!

Recent terrain generation experiment (Phaser/Typescript): github
"terrain generation screenshot"
harqogames
Level 0

My titular game character dressed casually

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11322 on: September 27, 2020, 09:10:10 AM »

Hey everyone,

My name is Jackson. I've been a gamer since I was old enough to hold a joystick. I've recently started solo game development. I'm a self-taught artist and am attracted to esoteric puzzles so coding was not-so-difficult for me to pick up. My engine of choice is Unreal Engine. I've been working on my first game for about 7 months now. I will post its Kickstarter campaign link in the appropriate discussion topic. Hope you guys and gals have a nice day Gomez
derekevers
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11323 on: September 29, 2020, 04:30:46 PM »

Hi I'm Derek. I dabble in music production and game design.  Well, hello there! My favorite games are Street Fighter and Super Mario. Pretty boring.  But I spend more time making games than playing them.

Friendly Hello
Vivaio
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11324 on: September 30, 2020, 11:46:43 PM »

Hello! I'm David, the main programmer of Vivaio, a farm and shop pixel-art management game.
I'm a gamedev student on the last year (yay!), looking to get into this industry. I love programming and have a serious obsession with tycoon games.
Woxel
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #11325 on: October 01, 2020, 04:37:41 AM »

Hey everyone!

I'm Woxel. I'm a web developer but i work on mobile games too.
I like to see other people's games and show my games to them. That's why i'm here.

Nice to meet you!
Alex Smirnov
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11326 on: October 06, 2020, 11:35:01 PM »

Hello!
My name is Alex and I'm a web developer mobile games.
I create simple games for children and adults.
HouseCat
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11327 on: October 19, 2020, 06:38:09 AM »

Hi all,

My name is Sandy and I am a game designer and developer.
I like to make games that make fun of games but I also like to make "game" games.

Glad to join the party even if I am a little late!
DungeonDevDude
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11328 on: October 19, 2020, 02:04:16 PM »

Hi,

You can call me D3! I love to make games as hobbies, but I’m hoping to release some stuff to the public and share some stuff.

I love RPGs and Fighting games and my favorites are Mother 3, Live a Live, SMT: Nocturne,  Tatsunoko vs Capcom and Persona 5.

Thanks for having me!
RunReadySoftware
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11329 on: October 20, 2020, 07:20:04 AM »

Hi Everyone,

My name is Drew. I'm primarily a programmer, but being in indie games, obviously I wear all the hats. I started playing games when I was a kid and my dad had a PS1 when it had just been released. My family and I all used to play Crash Bandicoot on Friday / Saturday nights as a family activity. I started playing more on my own, one thing led to another, and before I knew it my folks were telling me I was going to get square eyes.

I kept playing games as I got older, it was a good way to connect with other kids, and being a bit of a chonker, it helped me overcome my social anxiety. I ended up going to my now best friends house for a sleep over, and his dad was playing a game on his PC. I had only ever played console games with a controller, and so this was new for me. He was playing a little title called The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion. I was blown away by the depth of the systems compared to everything I had seen so far. The level ups, the combat, the stats, the magic. Little did I know, this was a relatively accessible RPG in terms of depth. That game occupied our lives for the next few years. My buddy had one of the original guide books for it, and we used to spend all of our time in history class learning about the various conflicts, races, and rulers in Tamriel. We would create elaborate builds and try and break the game.

It wasn't long after that I found out about modding. A friend of mine said that there was something you could download online that would make zombies appear all over the world, and towns would be periodically attacked by zombie hordes. I couldn't believe what I was hearing, so I went on to the mod Nexus, and found not only was what he said true, but there was something I could download for virtually any change imaginable to the game. I had a machine gun, my own mansion, pets, everything.

Shortly after, I learnt that it was something you could do yourself, and I started following guides and tutorials for Oblivion modding. My first mod was a huge mug in some random tavern in Oblivion. This was probably the prime spark that led me to pursue game development. It wasn't until later, after a few too many bartending jobs, and the encouragement of a good friend, that I decided to start making not only mods, but my own games. I went to school to study programming, finished up there, got my first programming job, and here I am!

I look forward to us hanging out!
« Last Edit: October 21, 2020, 01:20:11 AM by RunReadySoftware » Logged
cicla
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11330 on: October 22, 2020, 03:05:44 AM »

Hi Guys, I'm CICLA I started my career as an indie game developer back in 2005 doing flash games on the web browser (the good ol' times)... for free hah... it was a common practice back then (still is though!) we would just meet other developers and artists in the Newgrounds forums, start a new project and upload it in the website's portal for others to see and play. We were just excited about getting the views and the feedback!

I remember when my first game got 5 thousand views and was saying, "wow I don't even know 20 people in my city!" There was really very little commercial incentive back in those days, we did everything just for pure fun. The internet was the Wild Wild West, no Facebook, no Amazon, etc... Later on what started as a hobby for many turned into life careers, I did meet a lot of great people which helped me created some awesome games and really changed my life for ever!

Nowadays I'm working in a gaming company full time and develop stuff as a hobby with friends, I mostly do artwork and animation but I can do a bit of programming too. I also play games frequently on web, Mobile on PC and on the Switch. I have around 600 hours of gameplay on Cities SKylines... believe me I'm not very proud about it! I also did play a lot of Hearthstone from 2016 to 20017, until the game turned into a completely money grab. I like the DOOM and GTA games and now that I finally got my first gaming console (a Nintendo Switch, hah some argue is not even a real console) I have been playing Mortal Kombat 11 and lately the Witcher 3... I know, they are old games but I have to do a lot of catching up!

SO nice to meet you all guys!

Yohooo!
FrancoInTheFlesh
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11331 on: October 23, 2020, 09:41:03 AM »

Hey everyone, my name is Franco! I am, like most of you, an aspiring game developer - specifically programming but I do art and music/sound as well.

Growing up I played a lot of games that were powered by the id-tech engines, so mostly FPSs. Later on I started to play more cinematic, story-based games like The Last of Us, the Metal Gear Solid franchise, and Max Payne. Here are just SOME of my favorite games of all time: The Last of Us, Wolfenstein: The New Order, Aliens vs. Predator 2, Star Wars Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast, Red Dead Redemption 2, Half-Life 2, Bioshock, Bloodborne, and Little Big Planet. I really look up to id Software, Naughty Dog, Hideo Kojima, and Edmund McMillen.

I love video games, but I also love cinema, music, and storytelling just as much. I would say I have a pretty open mind when it comes to art and entertainment - though for music I mostly stick between the 60s and 80s. I am an old soul. I really like going back and appreciating things from the past. Some of my favorite movies are The Godfather Part II, Taxi Driver, Raiders of the Lost Ark, Blade Runner, Alien and Aliens, The Thing, There Will Be Blood, Django Unchained, Synecdoche, New York, The Shining, The Lighthouse, Paths of Glory, Through A Glass Darkly, Drunken Angel, and Come and See. I'm all over the place when it comes to music: King Crimson, The Beatles (including their solo careers), Bob Dylan, Leonard Cohen, Scott Walker, Tom Waits, Pink Floyd, Primus, Joy Division and New Order, The Velvet Underground, and Neil Young are some of the artists/bands I listen to.

Sorry for listing so many things guys, but I'm sure now you have a good idea of the kind of person I am. Anyway, after 8 years of attempting game development, I finished my first game: AITD (https://francointheflesh.itch.io/aitd). I struggled with overambition for a long time, so when I was finally able to keep things simple, I made AITD. It was a much bigger game at first - more mechanics and gameplay scenarios - so I had to strip it down until it was small enough where I could do everything myself. It took a year to make, but it was worth it! I made the game that I wanted to play, and I hope you find some enjoyment out of it too.

My plans now are to make story-based games and hopefully, in my own way, reach a status like Neil Druckmann, Hideo Kojima, and Edmund McMillen's.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2020, 09:46:57 AM by FrancoInTheFlesh » Logged
BacchusDev
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11332 on: October 27, 2020, 03:27:20 AM »

We are a group of 3 game design students. We come from different parts of the world but we were united by our love for making games. At the moment of writing this post, we are in our third year.
We have recently discovered these forums and we are excited to get to know you all and share our games' development with you all! Toast Left
Matt Ager
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11333 on: October 29, 2020, 10:15:08 AM »

Hello, I am Matt Ager, a student at Brophy College Prep. I have been programming for 2.5 years and making games with Unity for a little over a year now. I have many projects on my itch.io account at https://mager22brophybroncosorg.itch.io/. Feel free to check some out and maybe leave some feedback Hand Thumbs Up Left Hand Thumbs Up Left
ErosLove
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11334 on: October 30, 2020, 10:28:43 AM »

Hi! My name is Eroslove and from time to time im creating mobile games as hobby. I wish u all guys a millions of fans!
PeterSvP
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11335 on: October 30, 2020, 11:04:29 PM »

Hello. I'm Petar from Bulgaria. Known PeterSvP everywhere, like, really: YouTube, Twitch, Steam, Instagram, even here... with #1111 at the end in Discord Smiley

I love all kinds of video games. My all-time favorites are Spelunky, Mario, Half-Life, Portal. More recent games I loved include Limbo, Inside, Little Nightmares, Little Bug, Rocket League, Axiom Verge and others.

I'm also a game developer, working on ColorBlend FX. It's a 2.5D puzzle platformer metroidvania with demo already available on Steam and my Itch and a lot more places.

Sometimes I stream on Twitch and sometimes I play random indie games there too, though im very small streamer. I'm also in love with Super Mario 35.
Logen
Level 0

doing stuff

View Profile
« Reply #11336 on: November 01, 2020, 12:27:29 AM »

Hey, it's yo boy, sprt. Don't worry, I'm not actually your kid. I've got a 'weird' sense of humor, don't take me too seriously. I'm also loaded with an undying love for games made in the ps1 / saturn / n64 era, and aspire to create things that are somewhat similar in both style and feel to them. Wouldn't say 1:1, but as much as possible without become a problem.

LysanderTheWhite
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11337 on: November 05, 2020, 08:19:17 AM »

Hi my name is Ian from the UK (Lysander was my cat, but thought it might be a more cool user handle)

I registered for this site a while back more out of curiosity, and I guess I was perhaps was too shy to introduce myself at the time, but I'm biting the bullet now because I have a couple of game ideas in the pipeline, which I hope to share with you soon.

I'm very much a veteran from a programming point of view, as have worked for many years in industry as a Software Architect (mainly with Java/C++/Serverside technologies) and to a certain extent have gotten disillusioned with it (for reasons I won't go into here).  Therefore I thought I might rekindle a personal interest of mine particularly in mobile game development.  As with many of you on here, I guess I find some of the legendary indie game stories on here quite inspirational  Gomez

At the moment, I'm predominately working on a space shooter game for iOS devices written using Swift, SpriteKit, Gameplay Kit etc, but hope to look into Android if I get anywhere with it. Not sure about the game engine thing (i.e. Unity etc), but might look into them at some point.  I will post on the other forums when I have something decent to show off. 

Thank for reading, and best of luck with your own projects  Smiley Toast Right 

PS. Don't know if anyone else here is into straight iOS/Swift game programming, but feel free to get in touch if you want share experiences.

Schemer, Dreamer & Wannabe App Billionaire
CordensInteractive
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11338 on: November 06, 2020, 06:49:03 AM »

Hey everyone! Nice to meet you all!  Gentleman

We‘ve been lurking in the TIGForums from time to time and now finally decided to make an actual account!  Smiley

About us: we‘re Tommaso and Matteo from Italy and we (and our small team) have been working on our very first game - „Vesper“ - for 3 years now (and we‘ll finally release next year!).
We can‘t wait to see what‘s cookin‘ from all of you. We‘re also really excited to share our gamedev journey with you as well!

Have a great weekend and see you all in the forums!  Hand Thumbs Up Right
Psos
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11339 on: November 06, 2020, 07:22:32 AM »

Hello, my name is Piotr. I'm from Poland. Personally, I’ve always been a video games fan. If you have Nintendo Switch, you may have heard of games like Castle of Heart or Jet Kave Adventure that I had designed.  Now I’m creating something of my own. Fishkeeper is a game where you can safely create your own aquarium.
Pages: 1 ... 565 566 [567] 568 569 ... 601
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic