Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 18, 2024, 11:33:02 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 566 567 [568] 569 570 ... 601
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1943332 times)
AshtyYT
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11340 on: November 08, 2020, 01:04:46 PM »

Hi,
I am Amar "Ashty" Civic.
German Student of Game Development and hobbiest YouTuber.
I am working right now on a RougleLite,RPG and Base Builder Game called Cocaine Cowboys.
I hope that we will enjoy my time in the community :D

Game Developer and 3D Artist.
Creator of Cocaine Cowboys.
Justus Yew
Level 0

Singapore Indie Game Developer

View Profile
« Reply #11341 on: November 09, 2020, 09:39:34 PM »

Hi, I'm Justus, an Indie Game Developer from Singapore.

How did I get into Game Development?
I love to draw when I was about 11 or 12. And i love to play games too! And slowly through the inspiration of many games and drawing, at some point I told myself, wouldn't it be cool if I could make my creations come to life through a game? And thats is how I got into Game Development.

My First "Big" Project

My first "big" project is finally on steam, the name of the game is Overslept, An Indie 2D Horror Game.

It was the first time I told myself this project will go onto steam, and that led me to putting more effort into the game! As an Indie Game Developer, my goal is just like every Indie Game Developer out there, to be able to create great games for people and to be able to do this as a Career!

What joy it will bring to see players around playing my game and having alot of fun with it!

BeauBo
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11342 on: November 11, 2020, 12:35:47 AM »

Hello!!

I'm not great at introduction stuff because I'm either too vague or ramble on for way too long but let's see how this goes.

My name is Tim (Beau is my middle name which also works) and I'm a uni student studying games and animation at university in Australia (just wrapping up my 2nd year).

Not to be too cliché but I've been playing games for longer than I can even remember, I was told by my parents that the first time I saw a computer I was obsessed with it and couldn't stop using it, and not much has changed really. From the moment I could comprehend the idea of making games I knew that's what I wanted to do in life (well, that or working in film, and I ended up choosing games lol). I've always been a creative person in one way or another so I would often find ways to make games however I could, I remember coming up with card game ideas and being interested in learning to code but not knowing where to start (I was like 6 lol), eventually getting my first chance at making games in Scratch and then RPG Maker. I think it was a few years after I started high school (that is Australian high school, so I was like 14 years old) when I picked up unity and was following one of Brackeys' older tutorials (I believe the 2D platformer one) and kinda just never stopped using Unity.

Anyway, I'm overly idealistic and melodramatic, temperamental and sentimental and spend way too much time just dreaming about possibilities. I'm very momentum based, for better or worse, and work better with deadlines even if I hate them, when I'm in the mood I can work on a game jam for 48 hours (or 72 in my most recent jam) without taking a break besides a bit of sleep, but have trouble writing a few lines of code in an hour if I'm not feeling it. With uni at least, I always leave things to the last minute, which is the only way I really can work with my form of efficiency since stress is a powerful motivator (plus it means I've gotten kinda decent at controlling my panicky nature in tight situations).

Oh yeah, related note, I panic a lot, mostly in social situations but also in games when I'm doing something with high stakes (e.g tournament or ranked play).

Predictably, I don't really like group work so I mostly work alone and I start, and promptly scrap a lot of projects. Back when I was younger it was mostly a lack of interest, but this year it's been more about me being honest with what is and isn't working, so if a game just isn't coming together or I don't think it's a game that I want to have made, I'm likely to drop it right then (which is why I'm a firm believer in getting prototypes up and running as soon as possible so this moment happens earlier rather than later).

I think it's been like, 9 years or so since I last signed up for or even used a forum, so I've gotta get used to the format again since I'm so used to sharing my thoughts through Discord, YouTube and Twitter, so hopefully I don't take too long to get used to everything again.

Hey remember when I said I "ramble on for way too long"? Yeah I'm doing that lol, I'll try wrap this up.

I made my TIGSource account because I wanted to stop, uh being a stinky coward I guess lol. I've always kinda avoided talking in places like this or putting myself out there because I didn't want to be judged until I was ready, I wanted to make something I was proud of, and THEN have people judge me, but that's not really viable nor practical. I have trouble explaining things to people, so I have always defended myself from criticism about my ideas or unfinished work by just telling myself "Oh they just don't get it yet, you know what the idea is truly like, just wait until you finish it, then listen to what they have to say", which uh, is kinda bad? At least for me.

So yeah I guess I'm trying to take risks more, share my thoughts and ideas, hear how awful they are and then use that to get better.

I know I still suck at explaining my ideas, and there will always be some extent to which they actually "just don't get" my ideas unless I actually make them, but I need to stop shying away from my fear of being misunderstood and just, take the plunge I guess.

So, yeah.

Hopefully I'll see you all around! o7
furiousTaher
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11343 on: November 11, 2020, 12:44:43 PM »

Hi, my name is Najeeb Ahmad Taher, I am a Bangladeshi computer engineer. I am a unreal engine enthusiast. I am a gamer since forever, and I always liked those unreal engine games specifically arkham series and UT.

I always believed it doesn't really matter who we are what matters is our plan :D so I am making some games, I will post a thread about my destruction based game called DODD in a minute.

Al.Bundy
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11344 on: November 11, 2020, 02:02:12 PM »

Hi, I'm Al Bundy from france.

Huge fan of HL1 and HL2 I started making some HL2 mods :

https://www.moddb.com/mods/half-life-old-school

https://www.moddb.com/mods/super-jump-panic

https://www.moddb.com/mods/cube-story

https://www.moddb.com/mods/dane-chronicles

Well this is how I learned game design and lots of things on how to make game.

And now this is time for me to make a real games, I like FPS and adventure game ok so why not make an adventure fps ?

That it, my game is called Go To Hell - and old school FPS.

https://www.indiedb.com/games/go-to-hell

Anyway, see you around.

sweatychair
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11345 on: November 12, 2020, 11:24:06 PM »

HelLllLLLooOOo everyone!

We are Sweaty Chair Studios, an indie mobile game studio from Sydney, Australia. Founded in 2013, we have made a variety of games that are now available on the Apple and Google Play Store. But who are we?

Bibliographic consensus within a few from the team, is that we were influenced somehow in our childhood/growing up. Whether it be "Hey games are fun... I'm going to try and make one" or "My brother got me into gaming and programming", we had a memorable or life-changing experience with games and felt we could contribute to the industry with what we got.
A few on the other hand came from other industries, like Hollywood film-making and e-commerce, but they were restricted in their creative freedom. Making games was the creative outlet we needed and really just something that we always knew and couldn’t imagine being anywhere else, y’know?
What motivates us in making games is being able to create an experience that is memorable and allows our players to laugh a little. Also just the fact that we’re able to turn some crazy idea into a game… And then seeing youtubers and all our players reactions is one of the best things about it all. Oh yeah, and the whole ‘making games financially sustains us' thing haha

Overtime we have dabbled in different projects but our biggest is No Humanity - Hardest Game Ever.

We are super duper friendly and are always open for a chat about anything and everything games. So please connect with us!

https://sweatyc.itch.io/
andyhilton27
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #11346 on: November 15, 2020, 03:33:05 AM »

I'm andy, 28 years old French dude.
I'm a big fan of retro game! I grew up with old classic shits like Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Castlevania... and I never succed to play others thing, my brain is blocked in 90's

BogLord
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11347 on: November 16, 2020, 02:43:50 AM »

Hello Thomas here Epileptic ,

I am a member of a Dutch student team working on our current game: Project Boglord.
Personally I got into game development through my enjoyment of games and interest in coding. And as time went on, I eventually enrolled in a Dutch University for creation of game and went on from there. Smiley
Bagworm
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11348 on: November 16, 2020, 11:49:08 AM »

Hello. I'm an artist who is quite new to game development. I've always loved drawing and have always wanted to make a game of some kind since I was a youngster. I'm working on my first game at the moment! In terms of games I like to play, I enjoy monster-pet games like Pokemon and Digimon, and also weird RPG Maker games like Space Funeral.

So anyway I also like bugs, raccoon dogs and monsters. Hi!
lianguage
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11349 on: November 17, 2020, 03:24:26 AM »

Hi Guys

I've lurked these forums a bit, especially the last few months as I've been working on a game that's now a COVID project.
Up until last year I was working as a C++ software engineer full time but was trying to get into web, since this is a more popular field in my country. THe plan was to build a boardgame that some of my colleagues and I found quite entertaining and seemed to have potential as an asynchronous problem solving game similar to words with friends. To be honest the main reason I'm here is because I'm a bit lost in the development process and wanted to get some feedback  Embarrassed.

I used to game a lot more when I was younger since I had no idea what I was supposed to be doing with my life. I'd play the same 5-8 N64 games that me and a friend shared in a collection on rotation for what seemed like years. During highschool I played some emulators and Age of Empires II against friends. In Uni Guildwars/Dota were the bane of my studies.
Eventually I started working in IT then Software, and now I'm posting here Grin
Fuzz Force
Level 0

onwards

View Profile
« Reply #11350 on: November 17, 2020, 08:39:31 AM »

Hi, I'm Alan solo developing a video game in my spare time to show my main job how easy it is to do.
Since starting I haven't played many video games but I do like my Nintendo titles. RPGs are my favourite genre, levelling up and skill builds are my jam. Though there is a shameful lack of short turn based rpgs, not everyone has 50 hours to dedicate to one game any more
KJ_bb
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11351 on: November 17, 2020, 10:52:29 AM »

Hi everyone,

I am new to this forum and wanted to say hello. A little background of myself, I am an industrial engineer writing code for and testing custom made electronic cards.
In my free time I started a few years ago with game development in android together with a good friend. I quickly realised how much work it requires to create even a small game and also many different skills.
Lots of respect for all the indie developers out there!
Miriam_Albatros
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11352 on: November 17, 2020, 11:52:13 AM »

Hi there!

My name is Miriam and right now I'm running a game jam, the reason for being here :D I'm specialized in communication & marketing for video games.
Nice to meet you all!
flyinian
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11353 on: November 17, 2020, 03:58:25 PM »

Hey all,

Just a beginner coder here. Working with Game Maker 2 to develop my first game. Lost the majority of my interest in playing video games and so, I decided to start developing my own games. I wanted to spend my free time on something more beneficial than playing video games. I've currently been coding/learning in GML(Game Maker Language) for about 5-8 months now and I'd say I'm about 20% done with my current game. It's been a slow and painful journey with my game but, I've learned a lot and I hope I'll have a playable version of my game by the end of the year.

Edit: I just learned that I'm called a, "Tig Baby", lol.
beniamin
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11354 on: November 18, 2020, 02:51:11 PM »

Hi everyone,
I'm 32 years old programmer, making a living developing enterprise software for IT companies for over 12 years. I create indie games as a hobby in my free time. I also like to play games - mostly strategies. Recently I decided to finish and release at least one of my games, hopefully - with the help of this forum (:
lightsoda
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11355 on: November 19, 2020, 02:32:09 AM »

Guess I never posted here when I registered - I'm a dude from Sweden, I mainly make games in my spare time as a hobby, have been doing so for a while. I work as a software developer. Have participated in some game jams, and community projects/games throughout the years.
Alain
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11356 on: November 23, 2020, 12:46:48 AM »

Hey everyone! I can't believe I hadn't heard of TIGForums before, I guess I am simply not as well-connected as many other indie developers. I'm Alain, a solo dev from Germany.

While still at school, I started modding Half-Life in 1999, mainly making multiplayer levels. A bit later I started 3d modelling and exploring design and animation of all kinds. I have a very soft spot for action RPGs, especially Diablo 2. This is me at a LAN party at a firend's house in 2000, I assume playing Diablo 2:

From 2007 to 2013 (which is also about the time I went to university studying film and game studies) I put a lot of time into modding Morrowind. I worked as the lead 3D artist on a total conversion and our team used to organize everything over a forum just like this one, which is why I am excited to join one of those again after many years. While and after graduating from uni I worked as a freelance artist on music videos, corporate and advertising films with a focus on post production for about 4 years.

I started coding in 2012, which compared to most of you is pretty late, I guess. I was 27 then and instantly fell in love with the power coding provided me to create interactive experiences. In the following years I worked on game prototypes in Flash, Unity and Unreal Engine both in teams and as a solo dev. In 2018 I decided to take the next step. I started to work on my current project, an action RPG with deck-building mechanics. 3D design and seeing things come to life in a game is still my favourite part of game development.

When I find the time to play games for fun, I almost exclusively play those from the early 2000s. I do so on original hardware and always have a blast firing up my Windows 98 rig and pop in the same old big box games over and over again.

This forum seems to be a nice place to hang out and I look forward to read many of your devlogs!
« Last Edit: July 02, 2021, 01:30:20 AM by Alain » Logged

Steve Racer
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11357 on: November 24, 2020, 02:02:59 PM »

Hello Tigsource!

I'm a voice actor/director/producer for video games. I've been in a couple of A-level titles like Shadowverse and Ace Combat 7. Recently I directed and produced voices for an indie game, Citizens of Space, and really got into the world of indie gaming! I'm dabbling in other parts of game design -- I wrote a choose your own adventure game for mobile that will come out soon and I'm designing a Japanese style RPG.

Happy to be part of the community.

Stephen Weese
Voice Producer, CEO
Marvelous Spiral Studios
http://www.marvelousspiralstudios.com
ErroristMutate
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11358 on: November 25, 2020, 05:37:55 AM »

Hello there,

I'm David aka Errorist, avid gamer and programmer.

Started my journey back in the days of warcraft 3 where I did some custom maps such as clones of the game Tibia, Escape games and mods of Footmen Frenzy.

I've studied programming at University, but dropped out to pursue the dream of creating a platform where everyone can become a modder, because that is amazing.

I have partnered up with other passionate people and we have started a company around this thesis, we believe that everyone is creative by nature and it's all about if the tools are intuitive enough to release this creativity in different mediums.

That's enough from me, I'll be posting our progress in other subforums!

I'll provide a screenshot from the engine as well Wink
PS: It's all voxels!

A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Borek
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11359 on: November 25, 2020, 04:05:09 PM »

Author of a ZX Spectrum game published back in 1986, later gaming journalist. Hardly known outside of my country.

Pages: 1 ... 566 567 [568] 569 570 ... 601
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic