Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1383476 Posts in 66144 Topics- by 58569 Members - Latest Member: RunReadySoftware

October 20, 2020, 08:40:02 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 566 567 [568]
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1524020 times)
BMZ Games
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11340 on: September 24, 2020, 04:18:08 AM »

Hi everyone!

My name is Ben and I'm a web developer, but in my free time I work on mobile games.
I love racing games.

Nice to meet you!
Astrobionics
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11341 on: September 25, 2020, 06:39:28 AM »

Hello!
I am Sergey, a unity developer, developing mobile games in my spare time. My magnum opus is an early access android action-rpg shooter "Constellation Eleven" that is already available in google play.
tarwn
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #11342 on: September 27, 2020, 06:26:25 AM »

Hey everyone!

I'm Eli, a developer (mostly web/business apps) and gamer (PC, little bit of everything) and on the side I occasionally play with procedural generation (recent project below).

Joined because I also geek out on startups and business models and want to learn more about how indie game devs execute on the business and marketing side of things.

Nice to meet everyone!

Recent terrain generation experiment (Phaser/Typescript): github
"terrain generation screenshot"
harqogames
Level 0

My titular game character dressed casually

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11343 on: September 27, 2020, 09:10:10 AM »

Hey everyone,

My name is Jackson. I've been a gamer since I was old enough to hold a joystick. I've recently started solo game development. I'm a self-taught artist and am attracted to esoteric puzzles so coding was not-so-difficult for me to pick up. My engine of choice is Unreal Engine. I've been working on my first game for about 7 months now. I will post its Kickstarter campaign link in the appropriate discussion topic. Hope you guys and gals have a nice day Gomez
derekevers
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11344 on: September 29, 2020, 04:30:46 PM »

Hi I'm Derek. I dabble in music production and game design.  Well, hello there! My favorite games are Street Fighter and Super Mario. Pretty boring.  But I spend more time making games than playing them.

Friendly Hello
Vivaio
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11345 on: September 30, 2020, 11:46:43 PM »

Hello! I'm David, the main programmer of Vivaio, a farm and shop pixel-art management game.
I'm a gamedev student on the last year (yay!), looking to get into this industry. I love programming and have a serious obsession with tycoon games.
Woxel
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #11346 on: October 01, 2020, 04:37:41 AM »

Hey everyone!

I'm Woxel. I'm a web developer but i work on mobile games too.
I like to see other people's games and show my games to them. That's why i'm here.

Nice to meet you!
Alex Smirnov
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11347 on: October 06, 2020, 11:35:01 PM »

Hello!
My name is Alex and I'm a web developer mobile games.
I create simple games for children and adults.
HouseCat
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11348 on: October 19, 2020, 06:38:09 AM »

Hi all,

My name is Sandy and I am a game designer and developer.
I like to make games that make fun of games but I also like to make "game" games.

Glad to join the party even if I am a little late!
DungeonDevDude
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #11349 on: October 19, 2020, 02:04:16 PM »

Hi,

You can call me D3! I love to make games as hobbies, but I’m hoping to release some stuff to the public and share some stuff.

I love RPGs and Fighting games and my favorites are Mother 3, Live a Live, SMT: Nocturne,  Tatsunoko vs Capcom and Persona 5.

Thanks for having me!
RunReadySoftware
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11350 on: Today at 07:20:04 AM »

Hi Everyone,

My name is Drew. I'm primarily a programmer, but being in indie games, obviously I wear all the hats. I started playing games when I was a kid and my dad had a PS1 when it had just been released. My family and I all used to play Crash Bandicoot on Friday / Saturday nights as a family activity. I started playing more on my own, one thing led to another, and before I knew it my folks were telling me I was going to get square eyes.

I kept playing games as I got older, it was a good way to connect with other kids, and being a bit of a chonker, it helped me overcome my social anxiety. I ended up going to my now best friends house for a sleep over, and his dad was playing a game on his PC. I had only ever played console games with a controller, and so this was new for me. He was playing a little title called The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion. I was blown away by the depth of the systems compared to everything I had seen so far. The level ups, the combat, the stats, the magic. Little did I know, this was a relatively accessible RPG in terms of depth. That game occupied our lives for the next few years. My buddy had one of the original guide books for it, and we used to spend all of our time in history class learning about the various conflicts, races, and rulers in Tamriel. We would create elaborate builds and try and break the game.

It wasn't long after that I found out about modding. A friend of mine said that there was something you could download online that would make zombies appear all over the world, and towns would be periodically attacked by zombie hordes. I couldn't believe what I was hearing, so I went on to the mod Nexus, and found not only was what he said true, but there was something I could download for virtually any change imaginable to the game. I had a machine gun, my own mansion, pets, everything.

Shortly after, I learnt that it was something you could do yourself, and I started following guides and tutorials for Oblivion modding. My first mod was a huge mug in some random tavern in Oblivion. This was probably the prime spark that led me to pursue game development. It wasn't until later, after a few too many bartending jobs, and the encouragement of a good friend, that I decided to start making not only mods, but my own games. I went to school to study programming, finished up there, got my first programming job, and here I am!

I look forward to us hanging out!
Pages: 1 ... 566 567 [568]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic