Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411508 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 10:40:19 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 567 568 [569] 570 571 ... 601
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1952396 times)
CalimaSaga
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11360 on: November 26, 2020, 03:51:23 AM »

Hello everyone!

I'm Om, the developer behind Calima Saga indie games and books company. I'm surprised I was not aware of the existence of TIGForums until now  Facepalm

I'm one of the oldies that was playing with a MSX back in the days (still missing you, Maze of Galious II  Cry ) , but nowadays I focus on PC. I tend to play survival or cooperative games, but for the last few years I've been drifting to the more interesting indie gaming ideas (Starsector, you owe me several hundreds hours of my life!)

See you around,

Om
JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #11361 on: November 27, 2020, 12:01:01 AM »

So I've actually been here for over a decade but never posted here. But I just figured that maybe I should for the sake of following it - makes it easier to detect new devlogs! Smiley

Author of a ZX Spectrum game published back in 1986, later gaming journalist. Hardly known outside of my country.

Well don't leave us hanging, which game?  Grin
Borek
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11362 on: November 27, 2020, 02:02:07 AM »

Well don't leave us hanging, which game?  Grin

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Puszka_Pandory

Actually - quite a random coincidence - there will be a crowdfunded reedition, campaign should start today (on wspieram dot to).
JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #11363 on: November 27, 2020, 04:33:21 AM »

So you have your own wiki page and:
According to the book Polish Bytes, the game is the first one written by a Pole, attempted to be sold in Poland, and whose description appeared in the Polish press.

That's pretty awesome!
Borek
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11364 on: November 27, 2020, 05:59:00 AM »

That's pretty awesome!

Pure luck, I happened to be in the right place and at the right time.
jhocking
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11365 on: November 27, 2020, 03:00:33 PM »

Technically I've been a member of this site for a long time, but I haven't been active in a while so I'll re-introduce myself. I'm a seasoned Unity programmer and wrote the book Unity in Action. I'm working on a text-heavy turn-based RPG as a side-project, and I'm gonna post about it in the feedback forum.

-Joe Hocking | newArteest
Intro book for programmers: Unity in Action
AngeloE28
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11366 on: November 28, 2020, 01:23:15 AM »

My name's Angelo, I'm currently a games programming student in a university.

My all time favourite platform to play games on is between the gameboy advanced or the ps2, currently part of the pc master race but I dont discriminate the other consoles users, I think the other consoles are lit I just rather spend my money upgrading my rig than buying a console tbh.

My favourite game is the jak and daxter series only up to jak 3, crash bandicoot series, god of war series, rocket league, warframe and terraria. Recently I've been liking valorant.

I mainly use Unity to make games, but I have used Unreal before. Even though Unreal games in 3d looks really good I still prefer Unity because of how easy it is to use.

I don't think I can consider myself a junior game developer yet, but I have made a couple of games, a snake game using only C++ and external libraries, a copy of frogger which I called pandy jump which I tried to replicate as best as I can which turned out pretty good and I'm currently working on a new game with another person this time.

I'm still a noob developer so pls take care of me, but I'm keen to learn new stuff in this forum from other developers.
alienCity
TIGBaby

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11367 on: November 30, 2020, 05:24:08 AM »

Yooooooooooooooo!

Uh my names Sebastian and I'm both artist and something of a programmer for pc hahaha.

I started gaming around 6'ish but only really began loving them when I was entering my teens 10, 11 or so.
My passion currently is someone I hope to be closer to one day as she has become the central image of the next few works of mine and I suppose along with that is cinematography and certain underground arts.

If anything keeps me going it's basically music and people stories / ideas that I've come across on the internet.

I'm a big fan of the newer X-COM series Enemy Unknown and Within (not so much 2 the music sucked), megaman battle network series, deus ex series, tactics ogre series and dead space series and certain indie titles like furi, bot vice and assault android cactus. These are sort of the titles that I find holy atm. Oh and the earlier tales of games, tales of symphonia etc. Also some of the older titles like star ocean and chrono trigger etc. Oh and battlefield / front. I genuinely wish Battlefield had titles for Star wars / evangelion / 40k. imagine playing as krorks. or under the shadows of an evangelion fighting some shadow war between nerv and seele. < seriously how fucking COOL would that be?

I use unity blender substance, i'm a beginner really and I hope to get into using stuff like 3DF Zephyr sooner or later if I'm more successful in the future.

Kinda keen on posting something here eventually. I'm kinda keen on feed back. tehe
juanleon.life
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11368 on: December 03, 2020, 08:51:17 AM »

My name is Juan León, I am a #NoCode Game Designer and Youtuber, a love make game and teach how to do it to the Latin-American community. I have work since 2000 in the creative industry and finally after all this years two years ago I decided to make my dream comes true.... just make game for living and still working on it.

If you speak Spanish go to www.juanleon.life and watch some of my videos. I would love to get feedback  Smiley
garmentdistrict
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11369 on: December 03, 2020, 02:29:47 PM »

Hello, I am garmentdistrict and am dedicated to learning how to make original horror games. With your kind help I will discover. Blink
tiniuclx
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #11370 on: December 04, 2020, 12:33:20 PM »

Hi, Tini here. I'm an Embedded Software Engineer by day, and a Musician by night. However, every now and then I get the gamedev itch, and I hope you wonderful people can help me out with that!

I'm a big fan of Rain World (who from around here isn't?!), Cogmind, Hacknet (and it's grandfather, Uplink, Papers Please... I could go on!
Razakhel
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11371 on: December 05, 2020, 03:48:30 AM »

Ahoy everybody!

My name's Romain. I'm a french programmer, almost exclusively coding in C++, and a small tad of Rust. I'm not much of a game developer myself, at least for now, being more interested in allowing others to make those.

I've discovered video games maaany years ago with my father, playing Doom & Tomb Raider 1 on his old Windows 95. The PSX, PSP & the Final Fantasy series have been a big part of my childhood. Now I'm exclusively a PC gamer (occasionally playing on Switch), with a 1000+ games library on Steam and counting.

I love original, puzzle, infiltration and/or RPG games. My everlasting love will always be to Final Fantasy X & VII, but The Witness & Dishonored are the next ones in my fav list.

Big fan of rendering, physics simulation & research on computer graphics, I've been developing RaZ, my own open-source game engine, for about 3 years now (totally not full-time, because of studies at first and my job now).

Alongside RaZ, I've been working on an editor, RaZor, allowing RaZ to be used without any coding. This is a huge work in progress, since many things are missing for it to be even usable as an editor (it is more like a viewer for now), but allows for a nice showcase.

I'm also the owner of a dev blog (quite empty for now sadly), where I do and will post articles about C++ & computer graphics.

My PMs are always open for any kind of question or advice about any of my projects, so feel free! I would be more than happy to discuss about those subjects Coffee

Glad to be here! Hand Thumbs Up Left Smiley Hand Thumbs Up Right
« Last Edit: December 05, 2020, 04:12:07 AM by Razakhel » Logged

RaZ, my own game engine. Feel free to star/fork it, ask any question, or even contribute!
Alorik
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11372 on: December 05, 2020, 09:05:39 PM »

Hey there, my names Alex and i'm a first year game design student based in Sydney.
Games and art have always been passions of mine and it took until about a year ago to realise i could combine the two and pursue a future in game art!

I've always found games that suck me in are those with a compelling narrative and strong aesthetic (most recently Hades and Witcher) and they're the ones i'd like to be a part of developing. RPG and puzzle games are my long term love, some of my first romances were with Portal and Dragon Age.
Phodex Games
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11373 on: December 08, 2020, 12:03:55 PM »

Hey Smiley,

my name is Markus, I'm 25 years old and I'm a fulltime indie game developer from Germany. For more than 2 years now I'm working on my heart project Raidborn. In total, I am working on video games for around 6 years now. But my experience with creating games is much longer actually as you will learn in the following. I have released two commercial and one non-commercial game so far. I also completed some smaller games, which I haven't shared with the public.

Since I was a little boy I have been designing games, not video games, but games that I played outside with my friends, or where you only needed a piece of paper and a pen. Later on, as I immersed myself deeper into the world of video games, I was always attracted to games that had a level editor or something like that, so I could satisfy my creativity. So it's not surprising that I came to game development as a teenager. I started by doing some modding for games I enjoyed but quickly started to dream of creating my very own game, which then brought me to start my journey as a game developer.

It was games like The Elder Scrolls and Gothic that enchanted me with their atmospheric fantasy worlds and also helped me through some dark times in my life. With my game Raidborn, I want to give that back and create my own interpretation of an atmospheric fantasy world, combined with elements from other games that I enjoyed, like the combat system from Dark Messiah Of Might And Magic. For me, game development is a true passion, and I am really, really (like a bit too much) crazy about it. I am also crazy about fantasy games and the fantasy genre in general.

Raidborn is a dream come true for me as an artist and creative person. I am ready to give it all to create a unique and beautiful experience for you all.

So much for my story as a game developer.

Markus

Kirijo
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11374 on: December 08, 2020, 01:35:45 PM »

Hey, I'm Abby Yaffe.
I'm a game dev from the NYC area, currently a student at the NYU Game Center.

Me & my Goya goat painting:

I love making games, I don't think I could have any other profession. I've been making worlds and ideas and forcing my friends into silly gamified situations since I was a wee lass.

The games that I draw a lot of inspiration from include: Zoombinis, Papers Please, Persona 3, Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass, Warioware: Twisted, Clannad, Shufflepuck Cafe, Carmen Sandiego, Ladykiller In A Bind.
The artists that influence me outside of games are: Goya, Kate Bush, Björk, Robert Mapplethorpe, Nancy Grossman, Stravinsky.

In terms of development, I love all parts. I code in C# and Java, make 3D art, love to write, love to make music. I'm a little rusty on 2D stuff just because it's hard for me to mentally imagine stuff in 2D space before making it... sort of a skill I hope to work on as I continue education.

The stuff I've made for school has been all over the place, but it usually falls under the umbrella category of "weird art games." Like I made a twine game about Robert Mapplethorpe, the Trojan War, age, and femininity but I also made a one-button action game called "Nut Smasher" where you are a hammer that smashes nuts that move along a conveyer belt that's somehow a metaphor for veganism. If you wanna check those out, they're on my itch: https://kirijo.itch.io

The stuff I make outside of school is a little less "weird art game," and a little more intensive and purposeful. Currently deving a game outside of school called Thru Hiker, its devlogs are here: https://kirijo.itch.io/thru-hiker

Recently my 3D stuff has looked like this:

If you want to see it in different views:
https://www.artstation.com/artwork/48dPVk

The first game I made was a point-and-click adventure that looked like this:

I came here to learn about various dev techniques that I can add to my arsenal, but i'm super excited to meet other cool devs as well. Smiley
Airo_heart
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11375 on: December 09, 2020, 05:37:11 PM »

Hey all!
I'm Sam, current lead developer at Pixel Heart Studio in Australia. Working on our first title 'Airoheart'. I'm 25, studied game development at ACTE and finished the course 81 days early thanks to having an extreme passion for learning the development side of gaming. And now, as most of us are doing, trying to turn the dream into reality...

My first console was the SNES, and of which, I was most fond of A Link to the Past, but played plenty of the greats like DKC. My neighbour soon bought the N64, and we'd go between houses picking and choosing which to play. Eventually he got the PS1, and I got the Original Xbox, then eventually the PS2 and the Xbox 360, and so on (those were the days!). So there has always been a love of retro games, which is why the indie title I'm working on reflects that generation so much. I'm looking forward to sharing more with everyone soon!

Have a great day!

- Sam [:
bayersglassey
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11376 on: December 10, 2020, 11:21:26 PM »

I've been programming since I was *this tall* (holds hand up to hip).
Started with QBASIC on DOS, then Visual Basic on Windows 3.1, then Flash/Actionscript and C/C++ on Windows 98...

These days, at home I write in C on Linux.
At work, I've written Python, Javascript, C#, Java, bash, HTML, T-SQL, VB6, vbscript, VB.NET...
...and it's all good, baby. Programming is life.

Favourite games from childhood: Smash 64, Metroids 1 through 4 (errrr "fusion") and Prime, Cave Story.
These days I don't play games Cry
But I've been working on one for years, and will likely be starting a dev log here, finally looking for that sweet sweet feedback...
bkeegan
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11377 on: December 11, 2020, 07:51:54 AM »

Reintroducing myself, I used to be on these forums "back in the day" - the heady days of early indie game development boom (2008-2010). I grew up in the north east and moved out to the pacific northwest in the past couple years.

Started game development as a hobby back in high school using VB6 (it's what they taught at my high school). Dabbled with Python in college. Ended up falling in love making pixel art and spent the majority of my 20s working on a litany of unsuccessful or unfinished games as a game artist.

Now as the I begin to age further I decided it's "no or never" to sit down and produce a commercial game. Been working the past year and a half as a solo dev (best decision I ever made) and plan to update my dev log regularly.

Developer of Stellar Fury. Please follow me on twitter Smiley
https://twitter.com/stellarfury
AleksSoft
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11378 on: December 14, 2020, 07:06:26 AM »

Hello guys,
I'm an indie Android developer from Ukraine. I'm working on personal projects in my spare time after work or on the weekends. So game development is my hobby. I'm dreaming of having the possibility to earn money doing my projects.

Favorites games: Gothic 1,2, and Witcher 3.

Have a nice day! Beer!
DarudLingilien
Level 0

No tengo luz, CANTV no sirve

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11379 on: December 14, 2020, 08:11:15 AM »

Hello everyone, I am an aspiring programmer (still learning). I am Venezuelan, and in my spare time I dedicate myself to designing video games. I have two games in my personal portfolio, obviously more are coming.

I started programming at age 10, on web sites like scratch, appinventor and code.org, and as for video games, from the age of 5, with a PS2 that had God of War.

While I am creating games on my own, I do not plan to charge for them, I want them to be accessible to everyone. Here in Venezuela there is a small community dedicated to creating games, so you have to make a good first impression.

My favorite games are: TLOZ:OoT, TLOZ:ALTTP, and Batman Arkham City.(Although the games that I play the most are tetris and LoL)

Que te vaya bien pana!  Wink

If I don't answer, I don't have internet or electricity.
Pages: 1 ... 567 568 [569] 570 571 ... 601
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic