Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 11:31:55 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 569 570 [571] 572 573 ... 601
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1951256 times)
pagurus
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11400 on: January 24, 2021, 12:00:38 AM »

Two months ago I started making a computer game. Hope to present it soon.
Wall Jump Games
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11401 on: January 25, 2021, 06:48:33 AM »

I am a new game developer, primarily working in GameMaker Studio 2, as well as a bit of Godot for a team project. I am worthless at art/sound, but, after watching a lot of Adam Millard and Game Maker's Toolkit, I am pretty competent at game design. I am ok at programming, and I improve everyday. I have two games, which you can find athttps://walljumpgames.itch.ioand, at the time of this post, I am participating in the Blackthornprod Game Jam 3, with my entry hopefully being ready for Thursday the 28th of Janurary 2021. I will probably start a new topic for me to post updates in for both of my game projects. See you soon on the TIGForums
chaikadev
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11402 on: January 26, 2021, 11:50:58 PM »

Hello,

I'm chaikadev. I'm joining the tigsource forums to find work and collaboration projects. Nice to meet you guys!
OneSketchyGuy
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11403 on: January 27, 2021, 01:31:42 AM »

Hi! I'm Forrest, I'm a programmer by trade, but I also love to 3D model and do pixel art, and I enjoy making sound effects that make you feel uncomfortable when you pull a stick out of the mud. I've spent the last 8 years doing game dev, but not professionally. I've only recently switched from hobbyist to indie, and I'm loving it so far. I'm also going back to school to make it easier to find a job in the field I wish to be in; video game programming. I really enjoy doing graphics stuff, like weird obscure makes no sense to do it that way kind of graphics stuff. For example I wrote a lighting system that calculates light using real world values, on a pixel by pixel basis, and it runs at about 30 fps, as long as your resolution is below 200x200 lol. Be aware though that that is all running on one thread, it's not meant to be performant, it's meant to look cool, and it does! I also enjoy long walks on the beach, as long as it's virtual because I'm glued to my desk.

I look forward to getting to know all of you!
noelyoungstudio
Level 0

Hello!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11404 on: January 27, 2021, 01:44:24 AM »

Hi everyone! I posted here quite a while back, but I don't recall making any introductions. I'm Noel, a developer, visual artist, and musician in New Zealand.

I recently decided to give game development a try, so I wanted to come back around in pursuit of some community and maybe some guidance.

I've played games my whole life, ever since I learned how to boot them on the family Commodore 64. Favorites include Super Metroid, A Link to the Past, Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy 6, Shadow of the Colossus, Silent Hill 2, Symphony of the Night, Chrono Cross, Hyper Light Drifter, NieR Automata, etc.

I look forward to chatting with you all!
Pius95
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11405 on: January 27, 2021, 07:07:30 AM »

Heyy,
I am a complete begginer in game development but am looking forward to learn new things and eventually develop something on my own. I have a small YouTube channel where my progression and DevLogs are posted: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCovA4eXDVNyYuWFKBOe_5_Q
The main goal for me is to find out is it possible to me to develop my own game with almost no experience. Three months in and I am still very much enjoying the process.
prabuanna36
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #11406 on: January 29, 2021, 09:54:06 AM »

Hello Everyone!

I am Prabu Annamalai, a new indie game developer. I have recently started working on my first game in unity. I have some experience with programming but this will be my first time working on a game. I am looking forward to learning from you all and contribute to the community wherever I can.
Post N Beam Games
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11407 on: January 29, 2021, 09:59:22 PM »

Hello all! My name is Samuel and I'm an artist that with a couple of friend are making games with the name Post N Beam Games.

We are 3 programmers and 1 artist (me) from Colombia , that just started our journey to be independent and make cool games. We've attended many gamejams taking place here in our city and we all studied Engineering on digital entertainment design (I think that's how ou translate it  Shrug)

you can follow us on twitter as https://twitter.com/post_beam

and facebook as https://www.facebook.com/postnbeamgames

and if you wanna check my art you can find me on instagram as @k1cartoons

Thanks a lot, and hope we can know each other, and who knows, maybe work together!
Katzap
Level 0

Logo

View Profile
« Reply #11408 on: January 31, 2021, 06:44:55 AM »

Hi guys - I am a co-founder of Cane Toad Gaming.  We have been around for about a year now Smiley

We are Australian, and we look forward to making games for your entertainment.

My friend does the coding, while I do the paperwork and sounds and stuff.

I hope you enjoy our website at https://canetoadgaming.weebly.com

We also have facebook at https://www.facebook.com/Cane-Toad-Gaming-104406114645897
bomdiajj
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11409 on: February 03, 2021, 03:22:42 AM »

Hey, everyone! I'm JJ, 20 years old, Brazilian.
I am majoring in digital games (5th semester of 6) and at the beginning of last year I started studying Unity.
I participated in about 8 game jams and I'm trying to make my first commercial game to launch later this year on Steam.
I hope to share progress with you soon!
mobilelast
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11410 on: February 03, 2021, 11:28:44 AM »

Hello to all.

My background may differ from most of you. I’m only an occasional gamer, not an enthusiast; a thing I’ve been trying to fix recently. Instead, I’m an IT generalist with long experience on various projects and technologies, including simulation softwares with Unity. Currently I’m making games in my spare time for fun and for maintaining my knowledge. Unlike my job, this gives me an opportunity to do unscheduled, uncommercial stuff in unnecessary complex ways.

I’m interested in all kinds of game ideas. So, time permitting, I’ll be testing your products and giving feedback: always find something good, always something to improve, and always be supportive.

Avaruustaistelupeli (ATP) - a space combat game
- Free download from itch.io or IndieDB
- Dev diary here
dylandummy
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11411 on: February 04, 2021, 06:04:52 AM »

I am a programmer and wannabe artist.

That's all.
Dukebot
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11412 on: February 05, 2021, 06:15:34 AM »

Hello, I am a computer engineer and I am learning how to program games. I always liked videogames of all kind, especially first person shooters like Doom or Duke Nukem 3D, as I grew up with them and they will always have a place in my heart. After learning how to code at University I decided to combine my passion of coding with my passion for gaming, so here I am.
ddiegox
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11413 on: February 06, 2021, 12:46:36 PM »

Hi, I'm 19, I am new to the world of video game development and I have just finished developing my first video game. Beer!
nxtboyIII
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #11414 on: February 12, 2021, 03:50:42 PM »

Hi I'm a developer working on a mobile/web game right now

I have been developing games for years starting when I was around 11 or so  Smiley
mz-one
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11415 on: February 15, 2021, 11:05:32 AM »

Yo –

I'm Martin. This is what I mean>

I've been developing games for some time now. Profesionally, I've worked in Warhorse Studios for about six years, doing technical design and all kinds of stuff on Kingdom Come: Deliverance. I've always been working on some kind of passion project even from much earlier, though. I even released a few of them, such as this one.

Right now, we're working with a few people on a cyberpunk hacker roguelike that I would like to start sharing more about. Knowing TIG, I think that this is the right place. I'll start the devlog soon, hoping to get to know what you think! It's nice to meet y'all –
« Last Edit: February 28, 2021, 04:35:59 AM by mz-one » Logged

Netspectre: CYBERPUNK || HACKING || ROGUELIKE || [steam] :: [devlog] :: [twitterino] :: [website]
Suttebun
« Reply #11416 on: February 16, 2021, 07:46:16 AM »

Hey new people,
I've just written a post on strange things that might push you deeper into the games you play.

Food for Thought: Backdrops and Magic Spaces
https://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=71625.0

Welcome to Tigsource; I hope we can all share in the fun of games.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2021, 04:54:02 AM by Suttebun » Logged
johnny113
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11417 on: February 17, 2021, 12:26:33 PM »

Hi everyone,

My name is johnny and i am a developer on a small currently not a company but hopeing to be one in the future called FirePath Games. Doing this currently as a part time but hoping it will become full time as bringing quality games to people is something i really want to do.

We only release one game so far but more are in the works!

bram_dingelstad
Level 0

Always up for a chat!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11418 on: February 17, 2021, 01:38:04 PM »

Hey everyone, my name is Bram. I've been excited about games for nearly as long as I can remember, usually to escape whatever bad things were going in my life as a kid.

I'm from the PSX/PS2 kind of generation, so excuse for maybe not sharing a lot of the Nintendo or pre-2000 gaming nostalgia, unfortunately that was before my time Smiley

I first started playing Grand Tourismo on the PS1, and I really liked Spyro. As soon as the PS2 came out I was (since a little kid) obsessed with the GTA games, starting with GTA III. Ever since then, I never really stopped gaming, however, I did start experimenting with making games myself ever since my mom bought me the Dutch version of a GameMaker book back in like 2010 I think? Didn't mess with it for long.

Always stayed obsessed with computers inevitably making me a self taught programmer and landing me a job post highschool to the point where I'm now working as a programmer for most of the week for pretty decent salary.

I've tried the being an indie in the indiescene here in the Netherlands (out here in Groningen, far north of the country), but not with a lot of success. I unfortunately had a run in with not necessarily the right people and unfortunately due to the corona crisis, I'm back to doing normal startup-y programming work.

I've made a bunch of prototypes/companies/studios/concepts/etc in the last 4 years that will never see the light of day unfortunately.

However, if you're somehow left excited about what I just said, feel free to check out my website, which also has links to my other socials.

Right now I'm working on a game called Clarice Clairvoyage on the PICO-8. I'll try to post about it somewhat regularly.

I hope I can be a meaningful addition to the community!

If you'd like to see something of my work check out:
The devlogs of the game I'm working on - My website/blog - My itch.io
Marscaleb
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11419 on: February 17, 2021, 09:58:19 PM »

Wow, there's some cool-looking people on that first page.

Hello, I am Marscaleb.
I've wanted to make video games ever since I was drawing my own (copyright infringing) designs on paper back in the NES days.  I still have a few in storage somewhere.  In high school I spent a lot of time messing around with with level editors for first-person shooters (especially Build) and later tried to make stuff with other tools, but the short story is that I never got much done.
I started working more seriously with creating games in 2014, intending to start my own company, Eight Ball Gaming.  I was working very intently on a game that I brought to a couple conventions and tried to fund on Indiegogo, but ultimately to no success.  Afterward I adapted that project into a different game with a more manageable scope that I worked with off-and-on for the next few years.
This last year I decided to shelve that project in favor of a smaller and more manageable project, which perhaps I shall share on some of the other pages on this forum.
Pages: 1 ... 569 570 [571] 572 573 ... 601
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic