Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1388589 Posts in 66653 Topics- by 59273 Members - Latest Member: Fargia

February 26, 2021, 04:32:28 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 571 572 [573]
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1547050 times)
Marscaleb
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #11440 on: February 17, 2021, 09:58:19 PM »

Wow, there's some cool-looking people on that first page.

Hello, I am Marscaleb.
I've wanted to make video games ever since I was drawing my own (copyright infringing) designs on paper back in the NES days.  I still have a few in storage somewhere.  In high school I spent a lot of time messing around with with level editors for first-person shooters (especially Build) and later tried to make stuff with other tools, but the short story is that I never got much done.
I started working more seriously with creating games in 2014, intending to start my own company, Eight Ball Gaming.  I was working very intently on a game that I brought to a couple conventions and tried to fund on Indiegogo, but ultimately to no success.  Afterward I adapted that project into a different game with a more manageable scope that I worked with off-and-on for the next few years.
This last year I decided to shelve that project in favor of a smaller and more manageable project, which perhaps I shall share on some of the other pages on this forum.
badwolf_migo
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #11441 on: February 18, 2021, 06:24:50 AM »

BadWolf here, and for the past 7 years I was a mobile developer, VR developer and Product Manager in various hitech companies. I LOVED video games my entire life, and this love is dated back to the 90's as a little kid playing SEGA Megadrive.

I came to the realisation that I was afraid to make it my main thing for too long, worrying this is not a real job and all that BS schools and sad people tell you. So this is me going all-in trying to make something I would love be a consumer of, and hopefully will inspire young kids the same way I was inspired by my old video games.
NinjaKyat
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11442 on: February 18, 2021, 07:39:30 AM »

Greetings,

My name's Vilius. I've been developing video games for around 8 years now and have worked in the video games industry my whole career.

One of the big influences that pulled me into gamedev has got to be Hotline Miami - it really knocked my socks off. It also reminded me that indies can also create kickass games. Before that I dabbled a bit with game maker, played a lot of gamemaker games made by other people like Slime Online or Stick Online.

Nowadays I still play a bunch of games, ranging from grand strategy to fall guys and stuff in-between.

I'm joining the community to show off my current game and hopefully gather some feedback. I've seen a couple of cool projects in the works here already, this seems like a good place to be Smiley

Lubaka
Level 0

A game dev swiss army knife

View Profile
« Reply #11443 on: February 18, 2021, 10:09:59 AM »

Greetings!

My name is Lubo and I come from the mighty lands of Bulgaria! I see the obligatory introduction is something like tradition here, so let me respect that with the story of my gaming journey here:
Ever since I was a little kid i have had a passion for games. When i was 4 i started playing and messing around in GTA San Andreas. I didn't know what was happening, but i knew i was having fun. Fun times! I still remember some of the cheat codes and now i am like 19!
Anyways, fast forward about 6-7 years later, when a friend of mine introduced me to the World of Warcraft... Oh nooo... It was a private server of a expansion which was outdated (TBC, and i think MoP was the main thing back then), though i didn't really know we were pirating, and when i look back to it, man was that server poorly scripted. Still, some of my best years were spend in WoW and till this day i still play and have fun in that huge world. And when I think about it, i have been playing WoW for almost half of my life! My favorite game definitely!

So that's my gaming journey, now for my game dev journey!
It all started in around 10th grade when we started learning basic c# and c++ in highschool. I was pretty good, one could maybe even say outstanding, and our teacher was the best, so that was a big influence. At one point i thought..."hey, couldn't I make a game, it's probably just a lot of if statements and some basic math", and then a couple days later i downloaded Unity. I turned out to be somewhat right and i managed to make some crappy games but reality quickly made sure to punch me in the face.
A couple failed games later, i decided to join a game jam. My first game was organized by Brackeys and for 7 days, my limited skills allowed me to make a playable game with okay-ish gameplay which landed in the middle of the rankings. Still, some small youtubers played the game and watching their videos was a great joy, it filled me with motivation, and since then i have participated in around 7 more game jams! Interestingly, my first game is my most viewed/downloaded and even though i think my games have gotten better with time, destiny and analytics have said their word. Regardless, I am still working on things till this day and a couple months ago released my first mobile game with an original mechanic, huge shop and whatever other cool mobile games have nowadays. It didn't perform well whatsoever, which was a bummer, but still not enough to demotivate me.
I recently started university though, so my game dev journey has been slowed down a bit and my modeling (Blender) journey took off as i could easily spend 1-2 hours on a model between studying and whatnot whereas i found that difficult with programming/design. My portfolio is not huge but i have managed to create some renders for my artstation and i am happy with my progress!

Well, i guess thats it concerning games! Also love hiking, calisthenics, boxing and my favorite color is orange.

Oh and i guess i forgot to say how i ended up here! A friend of mine recommended it as a place of opportunity where i could showoff my games and other work and talk with cool people.

Alright then, think i have described decently enough my life journey! If anyone has reached the end of this mighty post, then you're awesome and have a nice rest of your day!

For the love of it, pain shall not be real.
MetalVent
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11444 on: February 19, 2021, 07:42:33 AM »

Hi! I'm vince. Hope to start my devlog soon because im in the process of making my game right now.
I love retro platformers and mysterious creatures.
Patata Games Studio
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11445 on: February 21, 2021, 09:24:12 AM »

Hello. We are Patata Games Studio, or on your language, Potato Games Studio.

We are a potato bag of (if we have to be exact, 5) video game developer students who are very excited to make our very first big student video game by ourselves, from Art to Programming to VFX etc.

We are delighted to join this forum and looking forward to share our progress with everyone here and get advice from such a talented community.

-A group of potatoes-

rohanharikr
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #11446 on: February 21, 2021, 12:51:22 PM »

Hello,

I'm very much excited to start my game development journey after being an avid videogamer all my life. To be honest, there was a point in my life where I thought I was too old for playing videogames, but after playing ten minutes of Bloodborne; changed everything. The soulsborne series rekindled my love for this medium. From then on, it was another rollercoaster ride that's still going and hopefully one which never ends.

I am now passionate about games more than ever. Indie-developers keep this industry interesting and push the boundaries of storytelling in videogames. Games like Undertale, Stardew Valley, Return of the Obra Dinn, RCT, taught me that you don't need a full-fledged team to make games, just finding joy and fun in making and playing games.

I lose interest in stuff pretty quickly. Had a bunch of ideas for my first videogame, but dislike the ideas the next day. I have a lot of admiration for indie game devs, not only for their skill and talent, but their determination, commitment and perseverance. That's highly commendable too, and in my opinion, it's a much harder value to have than technical/artistic skills. So, I decided that if an idea sticks for a atleast two days, then I would definitely develop it. No backing of... This has not happened yet. I am definitely in love with the idea of making games (all aspects of it), but not sure how this will translate to real life.

Coming back to my first paragraph, I have been playing videogames all my life and it's only fair that I make atleast one game. I have a little bit of knowledge in art, music and programming so it would be a very fun, exciting, and tense journey nevertheless.

After all, its the journey which offers more than the destination.

Cheers
Yapsinho
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11447 on: February 22, 2021, 12:01:36 AM »

Hello my friends!

My name Jason. I am 24 years old and started game developing three years ago. I did not much except a lot of unfinished projects and a couple of game jams.

Now is the first time that I am working on a bigger project and it actually is starting to work out and I might even have a finished game in the end.

I hope to have some good talks here in that Forum! Smiley

Here is my itch.io: https://yapsinho.itch.io/

WigglingEyebrows
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11448 on: February 24, 2021, 02:18:54 AM »

Hello friends.
I'm indie game developer. I'm wiggling eyebrows and creating "From Bum to King" currently. Well, hello there!
https://www.indiedb.com/company/wigglingeyebrows Here's some info about me and my game.

From Bum to King is an eyebrow-wiggling simulator during a curse in the fictional Medieval Age with elements of strategy and farce.
From Bum to King Steam Store | @WigglingE
Volcanolord
TIGBaby

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11449 on: February 25, 2021, 07:27:24 PM »

Hi! I go by the tag Volcanolord (Usually shortened to Volc). The name was originally used on my minecraft account but hey, it stuck. I'm relatively new to making games having only started my first major project around 3 years ago with a lot of small game ideas I created that never got very far before that. The thing I enjoy most about the devlopment process is probably modelling environments (And hopefully soon modelling characters, too) as I love the feeling of starting with a blank canvas and seeing the world come to life.

Ever since I was a kid I was always creating new game ideas and drawing designs for new areas of the games i'd played. For example, I played Warcraft 3 a lot as a kid and liked to think about and draw up what the insides of the buildings would look like!

Anyway, I hope to have some good times here and meet some interesting people.  Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 571 572 [573]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic