Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411421 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: timothy feriandy

April 18, 2024, 04:26:14 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 572 573 [574] 575 576 ... 601
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1941546 times)
logophil
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11460 on: March 22, 2021, 03:24:39 AM »

Hi everyone, I'm Jonah, a Solo Dev currently working on my second PC game, a turn-based, space RPG called Relic Space. My previous game was a sci-fi roguelike, Xenomarine.

My very first published game was actually a mobile game which I made in 2012 (a hugely unsuccessful Tongue puzzle game called Hyperlines). But my passion for games and game design goes way back. Well before I was 10, I was designing (and forcing my family to play!) complex turn-based tabletop games, and in my teens (alongside the LAN-parties) I programmed my first PC games just for fun after teaching myself C from a manual!

I do gamedev because I have a jack-of-all-trades brain, and I love the way making games involves so many different kinds of creativity: logical, visual, imaginative, narrative, musical, organisational. I've dabbled seriously in the past with painting, video art, poetry, fiction and electronic music, and I love the way I can sort of harness all that in gamedev. I'm ambitious and my ultimate aim is to push boundaries by creating something original as well as fun.

I'm honestly not sure why didn't join this forum earlier, I look forward to sharing my progress and chatting with you all!  Beer!

Email | Website | Twitter

Iterative Studios
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11461 on: March 23, 2021, 10:32:49 AM »

Hi!

My name is Kristoffer, I'm from Sweden and I've been a game developer for a about a decade.

I'm currently working on my indie game project called Nordicandia (https://nordicandia.com)

Cheers!
SolitudeInteractive
TIGBaby

Hi, I'm a game developer from Malaysia.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11462 on: March 23, 2021, 06:26:18 PM »

Hi

I'm a game developer from Malaysia.
I did my first internship in a Malaysian game company in 2018,
which gave me a lot of early first-hand exposure to the local game industry.

I have a preference for stylized shounen battle-like action games.
with flashy movements and fast-paced combat.
And I've been thinking of creating such a game for a while.

Here's my youtube channel, for posting game dev related videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmzVBQToSbC9vopjcnpdnmA/videos

And my itch.io game-dev page
https://silentwolfstudios.itch.io/

mickey96
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11463 on: March 24, 2021, 01:25:59 AM »

Hi

I'm a game designer and modder. I designed games such as Shaw's Nightmare and Fatuma.
I've also modded for games such as Prince of Persia.

My POP mods are here.
terrarray
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11464 on: March 27, 2021, 03:01:25 AM »

Hi, my name is Robin Johansson.

The first ever games i played were heroes of might and magic 3 and rayman 3. Both awesome games which i spent waaaaay to much time on when i was younger. I don't know if it's nostalgia but i really like the funky soundtracks of the early rayman games.

These days i mostly play strategy and management games like: civ4, rimworld and factorio. I occasionally dip my toe into the endlessly dark pit which is WoW. My relationship to WoW is similar to that of gollum and the ring. It is my preciousss, but still we hates it.

I have a bachelor degree in physics and im currently doing my masters thesis in complex adaptive systems. For many years i have toyed with the idea of creating my own game. I have made the occasinal snake, tetris and the like, but i recently started working more seriously on a full fledged indie game. Something which i hope to publish on steam in 2-3 years time.

Thats a little bit about me Smiley
nextdoorgamedev
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11465 on: March 27, 2021, 05:47:04 AM »

Hi all,

I'm an amateur game dev using unity on my spare time to learn new things, build stuff I find funny, etc.

IRL I'm a scientist in my 30s working on physics modeling. That's how I learned coding, initially with technologies related to High Performance Computing applied to physic solvers. I'm also a gamer since I'm tall enough to stand in front of a computer and that's probably why I ended up developing games as a hobbyist.

Looking forward talking with you people.
NDGD

uchiu games
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11466 on: March 29, 2021, 08:43:17 AM »

Hello,

My name is David Urresti Chiu, I am from Mexico but I have been living in Japan for 10 years.
I am professional animator for movies, TV, games, etc.

I also like to make Engineer projects such a robots, drones, cars.
Because I do programming, I program mobile games.

I the creator of uchiu.net a small network for all kind of interesting topics.
You can find my animation Demo and some of my projects in the website www.uchiu.net

Thank you.
ncoder
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11467 on: April 02, 2021, 02:53:01 PM »

Page 575. Talk about being late to the party!

Hello, my name is Nicolas Coderre. I grew up playing PC games, Commodore 64, 286, 386, etc.. I didn't really get to play on consoles because my parents didn't agree with that.

This makes my top 5 games: UFO X-Com, Doom, Civilization, The Curse of Monkey island, and Quake.

By tenacity, obsession and dumb luck I am grateful to have had a full career in game development as a software engineer and manager. There is only one thing I haven't done. This is to publish a successful indie title.

I tried once with my friends, Dan, Paul and Carter with Spunk and Moxie. I've been taking a second swing for over a year now. But i'm getting ahead of myself. You'll hear more about it in the devlog section.

Rubmon
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11468 on: April 02, 2021, 06:32:40 PM »

Hi,

I'm Rubmon, game developer and jack of all trades doing my games under Equanimity Studios (http://equanimitystudios.com/). Currently finishing my first game Lands of Sorcery, which you can hopefully follow at the Devlog forum.
I've been working as a software developer for 17 years, including game development for a major mobile publisher.

Cheers  Toast Right
mazebuddies
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11469 on: April 02, 2021, 08:04:11 PM »

Hey everyone!

We're a team of five students at the University of Michigan. We're currently taking the game development class and working on our first big project together. A few of us have just started learning game development during this class, so we're excited to join this community!
flárátt ljós
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11470 on: April 03, 2021, 08:48:15 AM »

Hi folks! I'm an independent game developer currently living in Sweden, and I've previously worked on games such as INFRA as the sole programmer, but naturally in such small teams (we were around 4 people for most of the game's development) I ended up doing a lot of different things. Notably I'm responsible for the key art of the store page and the visual language of the game's interface. Somehow I also ended up writing most of the dialogue for the game (which is admittedly not my best work, but someone had to do it), and was involved with a bunch of work implementing the voice acting.

These days I'm trying to find my own creative voice again and cook up something interesting. I've been quiet for far too long, so I figured I'll get started talking about the things that I'm working on again. Starting this new project has required me to take some pretty giant leaps outside my comfort zone and learn a bunch of new skills outside of programming. I've started a dev log for that project here.
enigma27
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11471 on: April 03, 2021, 01:51:15 PM »

Hey everyone. I'm a programmer that somewhat recently landed a AAA job programming in c++. I've grown up with games and always wanted to make them. Smiley

I generally want to make fantasy/medieval/swords'n'boards type of games. But I also like some other genres like sci fi.

I have enough blender skills to let me make 3d games.

I also really enjoy solving problems with vector math.

I like to make tutorials and devblogs. youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9CQOdT1A9JlAks0-PF5vvw
moller trumbore ray triangle intersection:
https://youtu.be/fK1RPmF_zjQ?list=PL22CMuqloY0pRNhvBXowdpMtEin8-RFtb
PotatoStudio
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11472 on: April 04, 2021, 01:24:52 PM »

Hey everyone! This is P0tatoStudio. We are Frank, Tony, Jim, Minglun, Simon and Matt. We are a group of six students studying at the University of Michigan. We all started playing games pretty early on, and this semester we are taking this game design class that really introduces us to the details of game development. We've been learning to build games with unity for the last 3 months, and we can't wait to share our progress with the world!
studio_spades
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11473 on: April 04, 2021, 01:48:35 PM »

Hi friends Smiley We're Studio Spades, a group at the University of Michigan hoping to share our progress in our game design class's final project here. We hope to learn a lot from this community and get more insight into the world of game development!
zero_studio
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11474 on: April 04, 2021, 10:08:36 PM »

Hi, we are a group of game developers from University of Michigan. We are currently developing a first person mystery puzzle game for our final project in the game dev. course. We hope to share our progress here and learn from this amazing community.
flashpointstudios
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11475 on: April 08, 2021, 01:45:31 PM »

Hello everyone, I'm a solo game developer working on aviation-related games. I work with Unity, and have been doing so for about 4 years now. Current I am working on a cold-war era air combat game called "Aggressor". I do the modeling, graphics, programming, UI design, testing and pretty much everything you can think of EXCEPT sound, for which I have a teammate specializing in game audio helping me out. I was led to this forum by several websites suggesting this is the place-to-be for posting devlogs, so that's what Ill be doing!
fishtaco567
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11476 on: April 08, 2021, 02:55:53 PM »

Hi, I'm nard!

A bit late for me to be doing this, I first came here probably 7 or 8 years ago, while I was big into minecraft modding. I took a long break from gamedev punctuated with a few interesting periods, but I've finally came back! I'm a massive generalist, in just the past week I've done everything from pixel art, to gameplay code, to sound effects, to video production, I just can't stay still in one role!

I've been working on a 2D metroidvania for a while, but my interests in gamedev are really kind of different from that. I love procedural generation and graphical effects. Probably unsurprising as I got my start in minecraft, but I still play around with them sometimes. I imagine one day I'll have to get back to it.

Anyway, that's me!

Levathia Bound Devlog - A Metroidvania

Everything's procedurally generated if you think about it.
lukaszkups
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11477 on: April 08, 2021, 03:24:55 PM »

Hi everyone! I'm Lukasz - a web developer from Poland. For the last couple years I was struggling with the idea for a game and thanks to Construct 3 game engine I've finally got motivated to start development of it. Gomez

I've learned about this place thanks to MekaSkull who was sharing his journey with Cyber Shadow game development  Cave Story
« Last Edit: April 08, 2021, 11:41:09 PM by lukaszkups » Logged
simerca
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11478 on: April 11, 2021, 12:30:06 PM »

Hi !

I'm Ayrton, a french developper (it's a good thing ?)

I have started development at 6 years old, when the technician go to repair my mom computer, (and not only......)  Smiley
And he start to learn me to develop game with excel !

Many years after I released the first excel AAA game ever ! ... NO

I started game dev with Rpg Maker XP, and all of other serie of RPG MAKER next, after I used GameMaker Studio, and after Unity .

I love music and series/film , my favorites LOTR, Interstellar.

Thank for you time !
FlashLight13
Level 0

Comrade Architect

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11479 on: April 11, 2021, 12:49:25 PM »

Hey! My name is Anton, and I'm from Moscow.  I'm an Android engineer with a hobby in creating games. I'm here to chat about new projects and learn new and cool stuff about the developments process Smiley

I'm Working on Comrade Architect. It's a resource management game about Soviets space colonization.
Twitter: @Flash13Light
Play: Itch.io
Pages: 1 ... 572 573 [574] 575 576 ... 601
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic