Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 06:23:44 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 574 575 [576] 577 578 ... 601
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1951125 times)
kash&germ
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11500 on: May 05, 2021, 10:07:01 AM »

Hi, I'm Ivan. One part of the two-headed game-making monster IVNGERM.

We're not very monstrous yet. We've only created one game called 'Machines Have Lucid Dreams', which we started last year and it isn't even finished yet.

Myself and my better half, Blythe, are both artists outcast from art college while the studios have remained largely closed this last strange year. So we took to our computers and made a game instead.

The result is a mix of sculptures photographed and then imported into photoshop, pasted over photography. Nestled into a carefully woven net of story.

But ultimately we've really enjoyed making a virtual world where people can interact with our work that isn't over teams or seen on the other side of a window-pane, but can make its way into people's personal spaces full-screen, where they can have a meaningful experience; at a time when we can't really get up in each other's spaces like we could before.
Games For Crows
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11501 on: May 06, 2021, 04:34:34 AM »

Hi! We're Games For Crows, a two person team based in Glasgow and London (UK). We make weird experimental games in p5.js Smiley
Ondra
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11502 on: May 07, 2021, 10:33:39 AM »

Hi,

my name is Ondrej. I code C++ and I love games.

I was developing my own 3d engines and I have failed several times so I gave up and decided to developing a game this time.

I am working on a point'n'click adventure and I am looking forward to share something about it with you here.

« Last Edit: May 10, 2021, 04:40:24 AM by Ondra » Logged
Lilucario
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11503 on: May 09, 2021, 08:19:37 AM »

Hey everyone,

my name is Lilian, I'm from France and I've been using Game Maker Studio 2 for close to ten years now (actually longer than I have known my wife...)

I'm working on a few projects right now, but spare time is getting rarer.
I've been lurking on a bunch of communities/reddits for quite some time, and I've finally decided to try joining one.

Itch.io | Twitter (coming soon?)
DDRKirby(ISQ)
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11504 on: May 10, 2021, 12:39:18 AM »

Hey there!  I'm DDRKirby(ISQ).  You may know me for my "9-bit" style chiptune music, or for some of my Ludum Dare games.

Most notably, Samurai Shaver, Goodnight Meowmie, and Ripple Runner.

I make up one half of Cocoa Moss Games, a collaboration between myself and a friend where we make cozy games together.

I'm joining here in the hopes of maintaining a devlog for an upcoming music game of mine, tentatively called "Rhythm Quest".  Although I've already made many games of my own, this will be my first self-published commercial game project.  I'm both excited and a bit intimidated to be taking the dive into working on a commercial game in earnest!

Hope to see you around.
firahs_c
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11505 on: May 11, 2021, 03:28:37 PM »

Hello,

My name is Firahs.  I am an enterprise developer that's been doing game dev on the side.  My hope is to one day turn my side-hobby into a full time job Smiley

I've recently released my first game "Deep Ship Alpha" to the google play store.  It's been something that's been giving me a ray of light during these otherwise "unique" times
NastyOldWizard
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #11506 on: May 15, 2021, 07:20:05 AM »

Yo I'm Casey, I make games with my friends Dalton and Connor.

You can check our games out here
https://nastyoldwizard.itch.io/

or here
https://nastyoldwizard.newgrounds.com/

We like making tough platformers.
 Blink
sleepdiver
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #11507 on: May 15, 2021, 01:42:14 PM »

Hi, my name is Peter, I'm a motion designer by day and a wannabe game dev by night. Benn fiddling with different game engines for many years until I got really hooked into UE4 which is now my engine of choice. I've been doing some small projects over the years and recently decided to make a full game, hopefully, I'll be able to share it here someday.
mentor93
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11508 on: May 17, 2021, 11:05:26 AM »

I have always had a terrible time telling anything about myself.

I love music (mostly rock & pop from 1950s to 1990s and classical), musicals (Les Miserables must be my favourite one), anime and a bit of history and other science stuff. I work professionally as a programmer. I'm a sucker for adventure / narrative games like Uncharted, Dear Esther, Amnesia, Everybody's Gone to the Rapture, SOMA, Max Payne... The list could go on and on here, but I do play pretty much everything else, too, except MMOs and sport games.

Most of all, I'm excited to be a part of this wonderful community and I hope to post my first devlog soon enough!
« Last Edit: May 17, 2021, 02:17:31 PM by mentor93 » Logged
yababagames
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #11509 on: May 18, 2021, 12:41:16 AM »

Hello, I am Yababa. I am new to the creation of playable video games. I hope to learn from others on the forum, collaborate and build life-long relationships through the process of game development. At present I am learning Unity, Phaser, and GameMaker Studio 2. That is all I can think of at the moment. Lastly, I can currently studying Spanish and my native language is English. Shouts from New York City.
panaceastudio
TIGBaby

Logo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11510 on: May 19, 2021, 05:43:42 AM »

Hey everyone! My name is Mary, and I'm a solo indie game developer based in New York City. I'm currently working on my first commercial release for part of a 90 day game jam.

I'm still a student so I have less time than I'd like to devote to game dev, but I manage.

You can visit my website here(yes, it's just a google site):
https://sites.google.com/uamaker.nyc/panaceastudio/home#h.ozundj3b8hm9

You can follow me on twitter here, where I post daily updates on my game:
https://twitter.com/PanaceaStudioNY

That's all. Thanks for reading!
Kwej
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11511 on: May 20, 2021, 03:33:52 AM »

Hi my name is Martin, but I use the nickname Kwej. I'm from the Czechia (Czech Republic, previously known as Czechoslovakia) and my first contact with computers was on a local ZX-Spectrum clone called Didaktik Gama (8-bit, RAM 80 kB). At that time I didn't understand the program code, I only knew a few basic commands. I was just a gamer or occasionally I drew something or tried to compose music in editors.

The next computer was an Amiga 500 (32-bit, RAM 1 MB) but connected to a black and white TV. Besides playing games, I also drew graphics in Deluxe Paint and composed music in Protracker. Later, with color television, I found that my graphic creations took on unexpected colors - literally.

A few years later we had Amiga 1200 Magic (32-bit, RAM 18 MB).

And in high school I finally got basics of programming, so I started programming in AMOS Professional. But I didn't have anyone around who also had an Amiga, and we didn't have internet either, so no one but me ever saw or played these creations. Kind of sad. And I think I created a lot of interesting features:
- screensaver in menu
- random selection of music in the menu and in game
- ability to expand graphics and music
- ability to merge your scorefile with an external one
- ability to localize the game directly in the menu
- automatic detail level according to computer performance

In 2003 I left the Amiga and bought my first PC and my creativity was over for a few years. Then I started composing music again and created a few apps for my work and a few for personal use (tools I just needed). Lately mostly related to translating games into Czech, which is my current hobby.
My small Czech localizations:
- AntVentor
- Flockers
- Frederic: Evil Strikes Back
- Gas Guzzlers Extreme
- Goetia
- Kung Fury: Street Rage
- Manual Samuel
- Return of the Obra Dinn
- The Chaos Engine
- The Swapper
- Whispering Willows
tbullgames
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11512 on: May 21, 2021, 12:14:58 AM »

Hello everyone!

We are T-Bull Team, a developer from Poland. We create games for mobilephones (for example Top Speed, Moto rider: GO, InfiniteCorp, etc.) and now we try ourselves doing simulators for Steam.

We want to share with you our progress by posting devlogs, we are also open to suggestions.

Hope you will enjoy our company on this forum  Smiley
augfuturetg
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11513 on: May 23, 2021, 10:35:53 AM »

Hello Game devs,

just another indie developer here. I hope to work in a large game company one day as either a writer, designer or both. As of now I get by in the culinary industry. So far I've written for 5-ish games, not including my own, and I have received payment for 3 of those. I have designed for one team, not including any team I've started. On my own I've attempted like 10+ games. I've almost finished like 2 of them so far. My last one, before this text one, did "go gold" but was still more than I could chew.

Anyway, I wish everyone good luck on their games!
IstanaAngin
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11514 on: May 25, 2021, 02:05:23 AM »

Indie dev developer here. At the moment have another full time job. I hope I can make a good game and become a full time developer Smiley
cawigames
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11515 on: May 31, 2021, 05:57:16 AM »

With a proud history of more than one month, Caffeine Withdrawal Games is currently a one-man-show located in the sometimes nice city of Bucharest, Romania

CWG is working on its first title: Tape Recovery Simulator 96K [with a capital K] http://caffeinewithdrawalgames.com/TRS/details.html. It even matches the motto "Never before built games"

I'm Claudiu, #1 developer at Caffeine Withdrawal Games!
ROWAN FUTURE
Level 0

<3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11516 on: May 31, 2021, 11:47:50 AM »

Hey everyone, I'm Rowan- a 19 y/o game developer from Scotland ^^
I previously released Drifting Cloud [a small snake/tron-like arcade/party game] on Steam 3 years ago, since then I've been improving at gamedev gradually and I'm finally getting close to releasing a new game.
Planning on making a devlog about it soon!
Looking forward to interacting here Smiley
Feel free to follow me on twitter etc. if you're interested \/\/\/

Twitter - Steam - Discord - YouTube
trapp
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11517 on: June 01, 2021, 09:54:20 PM »

My name is Gabe, trying my hand at indie dev. Husband and dad to three kids. Happy to be here!

https://communiongames.itch.io/estoque
Chavez
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11518 on: June 02, 2021, 03:22:13 AM »

Hello everyone!

I'm a mathematician and a programmer interested in game programming. Games have always been a huge part of my life and for 6 years I have been learning Unity and doing some game projects and prototyping with it. Now I have decided to try to finish one game project. I joined here mainly to get some feedback on the project, since if there is no interest to that game I should not spend time on it so much. Also I'm hoping at some point to find someone who can do graphics stuff to collaborate with.

https://yrdvaab.com/
Meda3D
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11519 on: June 04, 2021, 02:40:51 AM »

Hello fellow developers Smiley

I'm Niels from the Netherlands.
Currently working on a 2D Data Oriented game engine as part of my graduation.
I study Games Development, also in the Netherlands.

Consoles and handhelds will always be special to me.
I barely play games on my PC.
As a developer I love to port games to consoles and work as a systems programmer.
The last game I worked on commercially was Megabyte Punch for the Nintendo Switch.

I think I spent most of my game time on the Nintendo 3DS playing Pokémon, TLoZ Ocarina of Time or Yokai Watch.
Though on consoles I love to play Splatoon, The Legend of Zelda, Mario Kart, Project Cars, etc.

Pages: 1 ... 574 575 [576] 577 578 ... 601
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic