Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411469 Posts in 69368 Topics- by 58422 Members - Latest Member: daffodil_dev

April 23, 2024, 07:32:33 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 575 576 [577] 578 579 ... 601
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1949752 times)
sheudler
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11520 on: June 04, 2021, 09:06:43 PM »

Don't worry, I'm not a bot (I came here from the forum rules thread).
EricMk87
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11521 on: June 05, 2021, 10:14:40 AM »

Hi. You can call me Eric, I am from Finland and I am Bible believing Christian.

I like all things creative like music which I have done for like 8 years, but also programming and photography. Over a decade ago I also used to draw a lot. However mostly I have done music. Recently I have been interested to do some poetry and pixel art too and also actually finish some presentable games.

During my life I have of course been into games; mostly for Nintendo stuff starting from NES, skipping SNES, then going to N64, Gamecube and Wii. My relationship with games is actually rather complicated; I used to play a lot - perhaps too much - and at the Wii times felt that I use too much on gaming, then getting rid of all my stuff and then later getting back to games. I do not play that much these days and am more interested in the creative aspect of game making.

My favorite games and game series are:

1) Pokemon - I really like the battle system in Pokemon. The best times with games was with the Pokemon Battle Revolution playing against random people over internet - something I could not do before and I really did not have anyone to play with before. I think my favorite games from this series are the Gold, Pearl, Heart Gold and the Sun versions.

2) Megaman - first Megaman game I had was Mega Man 4 on NES and my friend had Mega Man X3 for SNES, but it was long time until I played the series again. Around when I got Nintendo 3DS I found Megaman Zero and Megaman ZX series games. I really like the gameplay (platforming, shooting and bosses) and music in these games. Also although the story is probably not that great, I like how the story of Zero develops through the X and Zero games.

3) Metroid - Here I like the exploration aspect of the games and the atmosphere. Prime 2 is my favorite.

These three series have affected me most in the direction of my musical style and game ideas.

Game development seems like this ultimate challenging cross-discipline creative endeavor. Having a certain game idea for years I try to get it actually to the prototype phase. I actually did make a tiny demo version in 2016 but I try to make it the project more organized and easier to work with. It has really been on off (mostly off) free time activity, but now I actually realize I have to finish it someday. I was actually thinking to make a devlog of it and after looking around the internet TIG Forums looks like the best place to do it for now - if I am going to do that devlog (not sure). So that's how I got here.

I do not plan to be full time game developer or any kind of entrepreneur. I want to keep the creative things as a hobby and have something more physical as a pay job - now I am doing part time office cleaning. So yeah... I might make a devlog here at some point to get feedback and all. Before that I just look around and comment on some projects I saw here before. If you are a from Finland or a Christian you can send me message if you want - it is always nice to see other Finns and Christians. Of course you can put me message anyway even if you are not from Finland or a Christian if you have anything to say. So yeah, see you around.
Papacubec
Level 0

Yali

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11522 on: June 06, 2021, 08:27:50 AM »

Hi! My name is Yali. I lived in India, now in Russia. When I got to know Unreal Engine, he completely captured me. I did various projects in it: architecture, interior design, level design, etc. Then graphic animation and blueprints fascinated me more than anything else. I started making animations and then developing video games. I conceived a game using EPIC Games' Twinblast hero and made several levels. There is even a movie trailer (see on my YouTube channel) But then I realized that it would take a lot of time to implement this game. And life and family require income here and now. Therefore, I postponed this project. As I continued to create games for customers and track trends in the gaming world, I had an idea for a new game. Which will be much easier and faster to create, with simple mechanics and simple gameplay, for a relaxed game for your own pleasure. The main thing - this game must be realeased, quickly and without delay. My 7 y.o. son helps me, he gives me some ideas for new levels  There are already good reviews from gamers about my trailer on Facebook, Reddit, YouTube. They ask about the demo version. The demo version of the game will be released around July-August 2021.
I want start to publish my devlog here.

I hope to any your support to indie developer!

Thank you

JM Games
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11523 on: June 06, 2021, 09:44:50 AM »

Hi everyone, I'm an aspiring indie dev.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2021, 07:54:41 PM by JM Games » Logged
cardboardboy
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11524 on: June 06, 2021, 12:03:38 PM »

Hi! I am a college cs student who is starting to build his own video games! I am really excited to join the indie community and learn a lot from you guys! Smiley
IdleNotIdleGames
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11525 on: June 08, 2021, 02:57:51 AM »

Good day.

I am Willem, game developer/designer. I have started working on making my own games recently and have two projects currently up and running. I started out with making an idle clicker, as I have mostly enjoyed playing idle games. Then recently I participated in a game jam and decided to leave my comfort zone and try something new. How did I get to making games, well not really sure, just I know that I am here.

I have cleaned up and restarted my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZaOve7ocWDN6OcGQChgFxQ
Also posting all my progress to my itch projects will have those linked in the devlog.
JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #11526 on: June 08, 2021, 05:05:32 AM »

I am Willem

"Tell me that you're Dutch without telling me that you're Dutch" Tongue

Hoi Willem, welkom!
Bedehess
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11527 on: June 08, 2021, 06:30:51 AM »

Hey !

We are Indibutable, a small french indie studio made up of 2 people : Alex and Léo.
We've been working on a video game project for a few months  : Cybel !

You can follow us on twitter : https://twitter.com/Cybel_TheGame

Gentleman
Soju and Ink
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11528 on: June 09, 2021, 03:36:52 AM »

hey, i'm soju-and-ink, long time illustrator and storyboarder from germany and started to get into indie game development in early 2019.

my first little android game (a russion roulette game) was basically created to learn godot and to get better in animation:

more of my art:
https://www.artstation.com/soju_and_ink

PelicanPolice
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11529 on: June 09, 2021, 11:05:03 AM »

Hi, I police the pelicans.

I've been developing games for many years now, my current project is Don't Zone Out:

I don't know how I missed out on this forum for so long, but I have been here once or twice before browsing those WIP topics where everyone posts their game progress. Fascinating to look through, and can be inspiring too.

I hope to meet everyone in due course!
sirsloth
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11530 on: June 09, 2021, 12:28:07 PM »

Hi everyone,

I'm an indie game developer from the UK.
Looking forward to interacting with you all!
Alexis-FSG
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11531 on: June 11, 2021, 04:47:16 AM »

Hi everyone! my name is Alexis and I am working in Esse Proxy a dystopian Top Down Shooter inspired by mechanics like Hotline Miami.
I always read this forum watching amazing games, but recently decided to create a user.

Thanks!!
Rin
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11532 on: June 13, 2021, 02:22:19 AM »

Hi everyone! This account is almost 10 years old but I've never made a single post until today! After quite a silly amount of time spent lurking I am finally starting my own game dev journey.

Looking forward to talking to everyone, getting and giving feedback and maybe getting to abandon a project or two along the way.
lamepun99
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11533 on: June 15, 2021, 01:26:53 PM »

Hi all,

freelance games journalist and game tinkerer here.
willng629
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11534 on: June 19, 2021, 03:00:49 AM »

Hi Guys!

indie game developer from HK.
started my first solo project due to the whole pandemic thing and completed it recently.
looking forward to exchange ideas with you guys.
gus_028
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11535 on: June 19, 2021, 03:34:16 AM »

Hey everybody!

I'm Gustav. I have been developing indie games in my spare time for the last 5-6 years. The first spark of desire to develop my own games hit me when I played Undertale in 2015. That game made me feel some sort of inexplicable but satisfying responsibility to offer game experiences of my own, although far from as excellent as the game of Undertale. And here we are, some time later... Smiley

Anyways, this forum seems to be an inspiring place and I look forward to interact with you guys on all of our indie dev journeys!

Cheers, gus_028 Smiley
Sir-Ex
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11536 on: June 25, 2021, 12:37:31 PM »

Greetings to my fellow developers, gamers, enthusiasts, what-have-you!

They call me Sir-Ex! And I am from a place called Canada, in a mountainous region known as British Columbia... it is here that I have been trying to ply my trade as an indie developer..

Since finishing uni, I have been working hard as I can.. as close to full time as I can.. (I have a day job that is sadly not gaming related).. on a VR game for the past couple years that is going to be going Early Access this August.  I am sure I will be posting some details about that project in the days, weeks, and months to come!

I am happy to be here and I'm looking forward to getting to know this community better!
Tid
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11537 on: June 26, 2021, 05:13:56 PM »

Hey all! My name's Alex, and I generally go by Tid or Captain Tid as an internet handle. I'm looking forward to being a part of the community! I miss the older era of internet web forums quite a bit, I feel like Reddit Discord and Twitter all kinda suck for actually meeting people and making connections, so I'm glad to see that places like this still exist!

My history as a game dev: When I was 12 and desperately waiting for the release of Smashbros Brawl for the Wii, scouring the web for any new info or pics, I discovered a little project called Super Smash Flash by McleodGaming.
Well, I just had to be involved, and after a few years I found myself in a Lead Developer role for Stage Design, Character Design & Character Balancing, as well as head of department for specifically stages. After many years there I decided to part ways with the group to spend some time working on my own personal projects. I was looking to make a metroidvania about a robot called Deep. I never finished the project because I felt like I wasn't able to make it at the scope I wanted while I was still supporting myself off a fulltime job, so I reigned it back in a little and made a different game, Limiter!, which is a pixel art puzzler I'm very proud of. It released last year.

I was the manager of a bookshop for 9 years and I've recently been hired as a data analyst, so unfortunately I'm still making my money external to game dev but hopeful that that will change soon! These days in my spare time I practice pixel art, learn new programming languages and environments, and post random stuff I make to twitter.

Looking forward to meeting all the regulars!

Gunroar:Cannon()
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11538 on: June 27, 2021, 02:13:43 AM »

Hey, everyone. I saw that I should post here to follow the rules so here goes:

I'm Gunroar:Cannon() aka Mr. Cannon, or just Gunroar. My real name is Kevin, my real-real name is Ugochukwu Chiziri Chime (dang). Don't ask me where Gunroar came from.

I'm 16 and started coding a while back. First in python with kivy, then lua with love2d(you can find me in their forums too). And now I code in java using libgdx. All of this has been on my android tablet, and I have a goal to release one of those games everyone cites(like Minecraft, Dwarf fotress, Undertale, Reigns, and Rimworld ) Well, hello there! . I want to make a game that has people with lots of personalities and good AI. To have a whole fantasy world generated but with a better approach about putting it to gameplay. Or to make a real good something other game Beer! wow, so many emojis, not used to this  Coffee, that's my cup of tea I guess.

I also like manga and anime and can draw so-so. How do I post pictures from my files?  My Word! Here to learn more, always winning-I mean-willing to learn more. Smiley

I would appreciate a reply to me, like oh hey, even though that's not common here. I want to feel like this is being read Coffee.

Note: Beer! tig baby pics are gross Beer!
« Last Edit: June 27, 2021, 09:16:02 AM by Gunroar:Cannon() » Logged

The risk I took was calculated,
but man, am I bad at math.

https://hmmmgames.itch.io

How to be saved
PlayTiX
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11539 on: June 29, 2021, 04:15:22 AM »

Hey everyone,

We are a new indie studio from France and our ambition is to create an ethical gaming platform for players, for the planet, and for the creators who will be able to contribute to this whole ecosystem. We are currently working on our first game.
Pages: 1 ... 575 576 [577] 578 579 ... 601
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic