Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411504 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 04:21:56 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 578 579 [580] 581 582 ... 601
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1952141 times)
luckylogic
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11580 on: September 01, 2021, 04:55:48 AM »

Hey everybody,

I'm LuckyLogic. I'm not ready to reveal my true identity yet  Smiley. I'm just an average guy in my mid-30s. I'm originally from Northern Ireland (UK), but have been living in London for more than a decade now.  I've been programming for about 15 years, but never in the games industry. I've always played around with games prototypes in my spare time, but never committed to actually releasing any of them to the public. I hope to change that soon. Perhaps I can even document it on the TIG DevLog forum.

Thanks for reading.
LL
« Last Edit: September 01, 2021, 05:03:03 AM by luckylogic » Logged
EmeraldBear
Level 0

I'm me I guess

View Profile
« Reply #11581 on: September 01, 2021, 11:41:04 AM »

Hello I'm a new gamedev looking to document my games, currently I've made 2 small jam projects on itch.io I'll make a couple more to get really used to my game engine. I've been programming on/off since 2018 and got into gamedev this year. I use godot and hope to make a larger game soon like a short polished rpg. I love games, and played my first in 2015 when I got my sisters nokia phone and played something I think was called diamond rush which invoked such a sense of exploration for me at the time. My dream game is something I could enjoy with family/friends and hope would be a success. Thank you for reading my paragraph. (No other way I could phrase it.)
croxelstudios
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11582 on: September 03, 2021, 10:52:29 AM »

Hi! We are a team of three people from Spain. We love to make games that make you think and are also fun to play  Smiley
We have been making games since 2019 now, in fact we posted one here a while ago, but we haven't had time to introduce yet! So here we are, we are super excited to be part of this community! Hello everyone Smiley
WithAOne
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11583 on: September 04, 2021, 03:38:15 PM »

Hello! I'm WithAOne or Isabella; a game developer who has been at it for nearly ten years since I was about nine.

I got into gaming when a family friend introduced my siblings and me to Terraria, that's the game that got me into really enjoying games and gaming in-and-of-itself. After that, I got into Gnomoria, Starbound, and a couple of others. Then as time went on I got into more and more indie games, I pretty much never played AAA games until more recently. My favourite games are the Momodora series (really excited for the new game), VA-11 Hall-A, STALKER, Metro, Deponia, Rainworld, and Receiver. As a kid, I developed games more than I played them and that's followed me into adulthood, for the most part, I do try to play more games nowadays though.

When it comes to games, I've made Metroidvania 2D platformers, top-down shooters, FPS games, 2.5d action RPGs, and more. I love developing all sorts of games and have worked on all sorts of genres. I started with scratch.mit.edu when I was nine then moved to Visual Studio C# at ten or eleven, after leaving school and the programming classes I moved to GameMaker Studio 1 and made a lot of games in that. I've since working in Unity, Zero, LOVE2D, and some other miscellaneous engines and frameworks. I really enjoy making games and trying out all sorts of genres and ideas; I've worked on multiplayer games, games that utilize procgen, AI, and other stuff that I've forgotten about.

I also make pixel art and animation, ever since I started making games and I feel I do pretty well. On top of art and programming, I also write stories and do design work, none of the stuff I do is very good though.

I've only published two (three? I'm trying to get some of my older less rubbish stuff online for portfolio reasons) games and all of them are unfortunately cruddy jam games. I have a portfolio of sorts that I made for a potential job here https://withaone.wixsite.com/portfolio which includes games I've made over the last eight or so years. I don't have any professional experience since all jobs I've seen require past experience in the field or a degree but I'm broke so sadly I've yet to get a job and still work in fast food. The reason why I've never published anything more than that is because all my projects end with me failing to make art since I'm not terribly good at it, thusly I have tonnes of unfinished projects in all sorts of genres and gameplay stuff.

I'm new here but have lurked over some threads like the Rainworld dev one but never made an account or posted anything until now.
Thank you for reading!
summetGames
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11584 on: September 13, 2021, 10:58:34 AM »

Hi everyone. I'm a music producer by profession, but over last summer I decided to learn coding and make a game!
backtotheabyssgamestudio
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11585 on: September 14, 2021, 06:13:34 PM »

Hi everyone!! Back to the Abyss is an independent videogame studio, based in Uruguay. We are a small team of 2 people, Programmer/Game Designer and Graphic designer. We have years of experience in software development in C#, .NET, XNA/Monogame, amongst others.

"Back to the Abyss - Game Studio - Office" (Picture).
April 2021.

We love games, we make the games we would love playing ourselves, so every level and every aspect is carefuly designed and balanced in order to give player best possible experience.

We are currently working in Lucifer v1.0 (working title), our first top-down shooter, action/RPG game, for PC/Windows, Windows 10 and XBox. Lucifer is a tough top-down shooter/action/RPG game about occultism and magic, we'll be telling you more later in the forum. We are also building a dev. blog for the game as a way of bringing you closer to the creative process and tell you the story behind it since we started in early 2017. Progress will be posted here in TIG as well. In the meantime, follow the development of our game in our dev. log thread  https://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=72481.0.

Please refer to links below for more details about our games.

Greetings,
Diego

e-mail: [email protected]
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/backtotheabyss
Twitter: @backtotheabyss
Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkh8_Kljjdvzu35vYXQMj6A
« Last Edit: December 02, 2021, 07:51:31 AM by backtotheabyssgamestudio » Logged

Diego Sendra
CEO/Software Development/Game Design
Back to the Abyss Game Studio
berih
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11586 on: September 18, 2021, 11:45:53 AM »

Hello

I'm Grzegorz. I'm an aspiring game developer from Poland. I like programming, creating pixelart, and sleeping Smiley. Currently, I'm working on my solo project "The Demiurges", a mix of TCG, turn-based combat, and city builder.

JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #11587 on: September 19, 2021, 11:22:38 PM »

Hey Grzegorz! Do you have a devlog? Or if not here, some other place where you blog about the development of the game?
gologames_studio
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11588 on: September 20, 2021, 02:55:03 PM »

Right now we are working on puzzle platformer Halver. It has unique blueprint visual style and original mechanic. You can jump and shoot every block to cut it in half

Watch trailer, please:

Email: [email protected]
Twitter: https://twitter.com/GoloGamesStudio
Discord: https://discord.gg/GXPyzWhC
zengames
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11589 on: September 22, 2021, 03:22:58 AM »

Hi everyone! We're a beginner game studio from Russia which working in our game Paper Bum and we've decided to start from a dark theme. Now we're inventing semi-realistic world that looks like it was drawn by a sad child who haven't got crayons. Of course, there's maximum of hardcore - our game is hand-held penciled! Yeah, there's Mundaun-like, but our paintings become sprites and background without any processing.

A shaggy lonely dog embarks on a dangerous journey which can have two outcomes: the dog either will realise its wild nature or it will trust people. The hero is vulnerable to the cruelty of this world, he has to survive. However, the dog is still able to see some vivid dreams.

Paper Bum trailer:

BottomlessDev
TIGBaby

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11590 on: September 22, 2021, 02:12:07 PM »

Howdy! I'm Bottomless Dev, and I'm a college student that makes games on the side. I taught myself GameMaker Studio using Shaun Spalding's tutorial series on YouTube. Although, even as a young middle schooler, I made games with MIT's Scratch. Not so different, conceptually, with the drag and drop stuff.
Nowadays I make games to amuse myself and friends. I have my own website at bottomlessdev.com where I upload games for free, but my Patreon is where all the fun stuff happens, a link to which is on my site near the top.
I've been in love with the sense of being transported to another world through games for all my life. I hope to achieve that myself, so I do as much game development as I can in my spare time. I hope to meet some new people on here who have that same connection with the medium.
Yizzard
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11591 on: September 27, 2021, 09:45:43 AM »

Hi! My name is Zachary Garrison, or "Yizzard" (Full username is Yizzard Antonio Rodriguez Palmero, but Yizzard is fine lol). I am president and founder of StegTech, a new indie game company that is about to release our first game, Jeebo & Jerbo vs. Life. I'm really into Metroidvanias, games with good stories and lore, turn based combat, and Smash Bros. My favorite game of all time is Hollow Knight, although I also love Undertale/Deltarune, Pokemon, and Smash Ultimate. I've wanted to be a game developer for quite a while now, so I'm excited to finally be releasing my first game! That's pretty much the gist of it.

Owner and President of StegTech LLC, an indie game company
Nns.design
Level 0

No Escape

View Profile
« Reply #11592 on: September 29, 2021, 12:59:21 PM »

Hello everyone! I am an amateur game developer from Turkey. I am trying to make games on my free times. Also I finished my first game after 2 years of effort. Making a digital game was my childhood dream and i am so happy to make it happen. Here is some screenshot from my game:

Wannabe game designer- Made first game: No Escape

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.noescape.alkan
rstudios
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11593 on: September 30, 2021, 03:56:38 PM »

Hello everyone, I belong to the Latin company remainder studios. We've been developing indie survival, mystery and drama games for five years, and we've always been passionate about video games. We hope to share and find interesting information here.

good day.
Kanyenke
Level 0

Emiliano Dev

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11594 on: October 02, 2021, 09:12:31 AM »

Hi there Peeps!

Solo dev from Argentina (yet living in the Netherlands), working on the 4x Indie title Omega Gateway. If you enjoyed Star Trek: Birth of the Federation or Master of Orion 2, you will probably love Omega Gateway, maybe?

Keep an eye out on the dev log posts here and in the YT channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKSRKwxChnUw_uYeSOfMa7g

Twitter: https://twitter.com/EmilianoCenizo
GrokGamingStudio
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #11595 on: October 05, 2021, 06:51:10 AM »

Hey there!

We are Thom and Alex, a husband and wife working on our first game. I have a background in programming and game design and Alex is a fine artist and technical artist (specializing in VFX).

Our first game will be a small mobile matching/puzzle game, and our dream is to one day be able to work on our games together as a full time gig Toast Right
wolfsden
Level 0

Wolfsden logo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11596 on: October 05, 2021, 09:32:06 AM »

Hi there everyone!

I'm a moonlighting indie dev from Seattle (USA), working with a musician, and pixel art collaborators on both Mexico and the US.

While I'm technically a solo dev that commissioned the art, I still like to think of us as a team! Smiley

Anyways, we're working on our debut game: Manafinder! A Japanese-styled turn-based RPG to be released on PC next year.

I'm here to share my learnings + learn new things, particularly in the field of marketing, which I feel is something many indie devs (or perhaps just me) do not prepare enough for when starting out a new game!
Zazaa
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #11597 on: October 08, 2021, 04:35:42 AM »

Hi, im 3d artist and I work as game art consultant educator in Helsinki Finland and I am also XR-Design student in University Of Applied Sciences where I am learning VR, AR and other super interesting stuff like UE4 and Unity. I have prior experience in Unity and tiny bit in UE4 at the moment. Im here to find some answers for my first selfmade game that I have been planing for quite awhile for now, I got minimal programming experience, but I am eager to learn more and I wont let it get in my way.

I am familiar indepth with Blender and working with 3Ds Max at the moment to familiarize it and also with UE4 and Zbrush amd couple other importan programs. Im also trilingual by accident!! :D

I hope this does it for introduction for you guys!
CrownOfBlonde
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11598 on: October 08, 2021, 04:44:39 AM »

Hi. I'm an artist. I also write, code, and design. I'm looking to start a dev log. I don't figure anyone will be able to play my game if no one but my family knows who I am or what I do. I work in a retro-indie style and focus on thematic storytelling.

What I like most, in a games, comics, cartoons, and novels is when an artist uses their imagination to describe drastically different worlds, ways of life, and ideas in ways that help us see reality more clearly. I like reading the encyclopedia, and a good philosophy treatise, but without a setting or story to communicate the underlying human stakes in those statements I feel like they've only done half the work.

My greatest downfall as a creator is my love of large, complicated projects with lots of moving parts.
confusedphoenix
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11599 on: October 09, 2021, 02:09:24 PM »

Hello!
I'm an artist that also enjoys game development and would love to start my own project soon. For my art, I use Blender and Photoshop. Otherwise, I mainly work with C# and Python, and prefer/have more experience with Unity.
Pages: 1 ... 578 579 [580] 581 582 ... 601
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic