Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411482 Posts in 69370 Topics- by 58426 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 23, 2024, 10:54:56 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 579 580 [581] 582 583 ... 601
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1950396 times)
trimin
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11600 on: October 14, 2021, 10:54:17 PM »

Hi I'm Tri. I'm looking for resources to help me work on a small game for a few months. Been making small games in game jams with teams but I feel like I want to try to make a game all on my own. Always leaned towards the art skillset but I've dabbled enough in programming to be interested in learning more. Music too!
CtrlAltZel
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11601 on: October 19, 2021, 07:22:34 PM »

Hey hey! Just making games for fun- well for now... I've wanted to make gamesever since i was little when my siblings got an xbox and i got to play games like minecraft. Haven't been able to actually get into game dev becuase of not having a working computer and then time and motivation. But i'm for sure here now!

I used to use Unity but i switched to Godot since Linux worked better with it, and never looked back.

I'm more comfortable with programming and art-m
CtrlAltZel
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11602 on: October 19, 2021, 07:31:17 PM »

Hey hey, just making games for fun! Been wanting to make games since i was little, first got the idea back when i was able ti play on my siblings' xbox.

Wasn't really able to actually make games til recently so i just coded away at random things, like i first got into coding by modding minecraft on my phone. I also got a bit interested by pixel art, and i knew how to draw, so i'm more comfortable with the programming and art side of things. Music and story stuff? I suck at them Cheesy

But anyways, i prefer to work solo, but i do want to interact with other devs and maybe learn a thing or two!
Commander Rad
Level 0

Salutations! I am Commander Rad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11603 on: October 19, 2021, 11:00:55 PM »

Hi all, I'm Commander Rad, I come from the VFX industry, trying my hand at an Indie Game. Here is my game: https://balancedbreakfast.itch.io/bombs-and-bullets

I have a clear goal in mind; I just want to recreate a nice comfy 2D RTS to play. Something with the same look and feel of the old CnC games, but with updated gameplay and scale. That's all. I hope this becomes my job, but just getting a completed game that satisfies my criteria is good enough.

Its being made in a little 2D framework called Love2D. We are for the most part a two-person team, but we have freelancers, fans and friends from work that occasionally pitch in. The project has a coder, and I do everything else except for the music and character concept art, which falls to a talented freelance composer and concept artist respectively. We also has a UIX person that will come in to do menu, art, text, and overall ar5t direction from time to time.

I'm very much focused on this project and nothing else at the moment. Any view, like, download, comment, share, view or dollar is highly appreciated.

I'll edit in my Devlog here here:

That's all, cheers, and have a good one.

- Commander Rad
RodDeLaPan
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11604 on: October 26, 2021, 12:26:20 PM »

Hell o! I like donuts and games so I joined. I really want to see what's going on here, and maybe post about my own projects lol Coffee I hope you got donuts here btw.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2023, 11:57:32 AM by RodDeLaPan » Logged
ConorXNA
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11605 on: October 28, 2021, 03:04:48 PM »

Hi,

I'm Conor. I'm an indie game developer. I do some programming, music, and art. I've just finished my new Android Indie Game; Wuhan Clan, so I'd love to create a new thread talking a bit more about that.

Nice to meet you all Smiley
aboothered
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11606 on: October 28, 2021, 03:45:06 PM »

I uh... think you should resize your avatar Who, Me?

I've returned with the sole purpose of telling you it is perfect just the way it is B]

aboothered here, hello.
skeleton_hugs
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11607 on: October 28, 2021, 06:44:14 PM »

Hey everyone, I'm skeleton_hugs! I've been in the game industry for 6 years and work as a software engineer for a major game company, but I like to do my own indie stuff on the side. So far I haven't done anything more than a few demos and side projects that have gone nowhere, but I'm currently about a year+ in on an ambitious roguelike that seems to be keeping up momentum.

As far as games I'm into, I like roguelikes, point and click adventures, and a smattering of other games across various genres. I tend to gravitate towards games that are unique and quirky. See everyone around!

nicolasfromprovence
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11608 on: October 31, 2021, 03:48:43 AM »

Hi,

I am Nicolas, I come from the South of France, and I am an amateur of strategy and city building games, a genre where there are many indie games.

I am currently developing with my two lovely daughters Outer Space Shack, a realistic space base building game set in the current era from the 1970s to now.

I am running a Kickstarter campaign right now, with exclusive backers perks, and even an Halloween limited offer going on.

I would love to exchange with you on my project, and on base / city building games in general.

In my daily life, I work in aerospace, in the fascinating world of helicopters.
Tupperwarez
Level 0

Zero-day Tupperwarez and cereals

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11609 on: November 08, 2021, 09:04:27 PM »

Hello, Tupperwarez here!

I'm an old coder in the middle of a career shift, trying to be more than just a dabbler in gamedev. From simple QBASIC guessing games in high school, to my current Godot project, I've been programming games for probably far too long, lol.

My current project is SaltyFront, a mech auto-battler with audience participation that runs on Twitch 24/7. Having more eyes on a project to spot bugs and other stuff to improve is always appreciated, so do give it a look if you have time.

I'm gearing up for a big upgrade from 2D placeholder sprites to 3D models (learning Blender has been a trip!), as well as an official website. I'm inexperienced with promotion and marketing, so I'm hoping to learn a thing or two about that here from more experienced folks.
kreghek
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11610 on: November 09, 2021, 03:04:05 AM »

Hi folk! I make games for fun and new expirience. I enjoy a turn-based games. Basically, I write codes. But sometimes I paint in pixelart and write music.
kiyasu
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11611 on: November 09, 2021, 09:40:54 PM »

Hello,

my name is Kiyasu and I am a Taiwanese currently living in Taiwan. I am known as an illustrator, designer, and entrepreneur; one of my recent career focus includes being the proofreader and editor for video games.

I have two newly released Steam games during the past months, and am currently working on a sci-fi RPG with a friend that is scheduled for release sometime next year. Other than this, my own "solo" project is an RPG with the Tales of battle system that I am slowly developing. I am open to making new friends and don't mind private messages and people being friendly to me right from the start. I am open to swapping contacts and networking. You can kind of learn more about my hobbies and passions through my home page. Also, I never owned a smart phone in my life and never will.

Cheers and kind regards,
Kiyasu.

http://www.kiyasugreen.com - home page
https://kiyasu.itch.io - my games (itch.io account)
https://www.youtube.com/KiyasuOka - my YouTube account
daring01
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11612 on: November 10, 2021, 01:26:43 PM »

Hello, my name is Daring and I'm an italian university student trying to achieve the dream of his life: create videogames. I grew up with mostly RPGs, Zelda games and Metroid, so i want to create something like that in my career (but i have a problem: I want to start a project almost every month lol). I use Godot Engine and i pretty much suck at everything (graphics, music, etc.) but programming. Nice to meet you all!
TomiDev
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #11613 on: November 27, 2021, 07:22:56 AM »

Hello! I'm Tomas :>
I've been making games for a couple of years now, and even longer if you include the many Scratch projects I messed around with  when I was younger. At the moment I'm working on a game called Mush, which is a little survival/base building game. It's been fun to work on so far, and I'd like to share it with some of the people on here, and have a look around at other projects
Thanks c:
flyingjoel
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11614 on: December 03, 2021, 12:57:01 PM »

Hi all Gentleman,
My name's Joel. I work as a software engineer during the day and combine that experience with my artistic impulses as a hobbyist videogame developer. Some of my favorite games are TF2, Shenzen.io, Fidel Dungeon Rescue, and Blood, but I'm into also sorts of types of games.

I've enjoyed the discussion and resources on the TIGForums for years but haven't felt the urge to create an account until now.

I have a couple games out on my Steam (https://store.steampowered.com/search/?developer=Joel%20D.) and Itch (https://flyingjello.itch.io/). And here's my twitter to round off everything https://twitter.com/GameMole.
czoks
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #11615 on: December 06, 2021, 07:42:57 AM »

Hey y'all!

I am Bernard. I am making a tactics game inspired by Tactics Ogre.

Last week I have made a system for AOE abilities, it looks like this:
https://gfycat.com/grouchyyearlybasenji
Pixel art assets are lent from https://lpc.opengameart.org/ for prototyping.
Avos
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11616 on: December 07, 2021, 11:20:41 AM »

Hello, Avos here

Solo-developer of fictional games (FictumLudos)

About to start full development of very ambitious 3D game Noir that's been planned for years and will take years to develop

Before that I'm releasing a small 2D game for X-mas to get some experience on the release process
davleo
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #11617 on: December 11, 2021, 06:59:01 PM »

Hi. I'm David. I just recently got back into gaming after a long time. I have always wanted to develop video games when I was younger, but just never got around to it until I had to learn how to use a game engine for work. Then I just felt an immense sense of joy, and moved on to learning other related stuff to game development. I joined this forum to connect with like-minded individuals who love games and development.

Now I am working towards my first game, in spite of having zero experience in the game industry. I hope it goes well. Thanks for reading.
music4computers
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #11618 on: December 15, 2021, 11:09:10 PM »

games & music
PlaceHolder Name
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11619 on: December 19, 2021, 02:58:21 AM »

Hey. We are PlaceHolder Name Studio, a Polish indie game studio.

Currently, we are working on our very first project, Court of Crowns. It is an Ace Attorney inspired mystery Visual Novel where you play as a Princess presiding over a Crown Court.

You can play our demo here - https://placeholder-name-studio.itch.io/coc-demo
Pages: 1 ... 579 580 [581] 582 583 ... 601
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic