Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 08:12:58 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 580 581 [582] 583 584 ... 601
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1951170 times)
vertigoa
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #11620 on: December 20, 2021, 07:09:52 PM »

Hello!

I am a lifelong gamer (first system was the Magnavox Odyssey 2) and now Middle School computer/tech teacher. I started making our class final project a game build a little while back, where students spend a few week using things like Scratch and Flowlab to make their own game. Well it's really been taking off and I am doing more and more game building in class. Now some students are on Construct3 and most recently Unity.

My goal is to turn the entire class into a game development based computer science/tech class - where kids spend the whole quarter learning about compSci and design through the process of building a game. It's a long shot but game development has more student engagement than anything else I've done in the past.

During this process I have also fallen in love with the game dev process myself. And although I am relatively new to the space, I am spending a lot of free time learning and working on my own stuff. I only wish I started sooner.

Happy to be here and look forward to engaging with you all.
bitboy
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11621 on: December 24, 2021, 09:55:06 AM »

Wizard

Hello, I'm Rithy. A hobby developer working on my first game i plan to ship. I work under the Hi name (Hyperbit Interactive), a hobby studio.

I discovered videogames when I was 4 yrs old with the OG NES, playing games like Ultima III Exodus and Dragon Warrior. We even had an Action Max that used VCR. I was a kid and that was a strange device back then.

Over the years I stuck to playing about every RPG that came out on consoles. Both western and eastern RPG's. I really like games like King's Field on PSX and 7th Saga on SNES and FF Legend on GameBoy. Those three games inspire me.

I graduated to Card Games like Magic: The gathering.

I remember coding my first text adventure game in python in a High School Programming Class, it was a game based on D-Wars on the Ti-88 and had a Fallout/Shadowrun theme.

Now I'm slowly making progress on a rpg of my own.

« Last Edit: December 24, 2021, 03:20:35 PM by bitboy » Logged
MilanTheDeveloper
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11622 on: December 27, 2021, 07:16:39 AM »

Hello yall! My name is Milan and I am a passionate 15/yr old video game consumer & developer. I spend way too much time playing indie games like Minecraft, Terraria, Stardew Valley & more!

Instead of starting to play games then eventually start developing them I was the opposite. I originally could only play on old original Xboxes & SSX games, but my dad bought new consoles & computers with the condition that I have to create something for it.

As time evolved I became addicted to sandboxes & voxel games and finally I thought it was time to make my own recently.

I'm really happy to be here and I'm sitting here in marvel at other developers who managed to create some really cool stuff! Happy Programming/Gaming!

Did you know I'm developing a game called VoxelVerse?  #shamelessplug #promotion #actinglikeacitiesskylineNPC
Repix
Level 0

Jack of all Trades (Master of none)

View Profile
« Reply #11623 on: December 28, 2021, 01:15:06 PM »

Hello! I'm Repix (Benjamin) I'm a guy who does everything possible.. Wether that would be cutting lumber with a chainsaw to things like driving tractors and even cooking and baking and doing stuff that most wouldn't do, just because I want to help.

BUT.. Here I make games. Sort of.. I haven't actually finished one ever.. these past 14 years I've been doing it.. I'm no expert at all, I sorta suck at it, but I hope to finally finish a game finally.

So that's it! I found this forum from an old reddit comment on devlogs!

MuguleNation
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #11624 on: December 29, 2021, 02:21:19 AM »

Hello!

My nickname is Mugule. I am 30 and i'm french. I did several jobs and now i take a break in my life. I knew this forum with the Obra Dinn's post mortem.

Today I want to make game. Let's try!

See you !
Sury
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11625 on: December 31, 2021, 03:10:33 AM »

Hi I'm an Indie developer
Currently, I'm creating a deckbuilding card game that takes place inside of Norse mythology.
The team is made out of 2 people me and a graphic artist.
More in posts about my game:)
NN Game Studio
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11626 on: January 01, 2022, 12:20:53 AM »

Hey ya! I am a solo self though programmer, started with c# and unity 7 months ago and recently finished my first android game, now started working on a simple multiplayer card game.
The Embraced One
Level 0

The Embraced One#6059

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11627 on: January 01, 2022, 03:01:02 AM »

Hi, I'm making a game called Where Birds Go to Sleep with just the two of us with my partner. I have worked in a few game dev studios and tried my best to learn everything I could and gone indie as soon as I could. I'm a generalist at heart, but currently I'm mainly a programmer.

rale5215
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11628 on: January 03, 2022, 04:35:53 AM »

Hi everyone, I am rale (ricard) and I am a hobbyist game developer. It is sometime I have been experimenting with Godot and I have recently uploaded my first prototype in Itch:

https://alegregames.itch.io/cat-and-cat

I hope you like it!
spiritofeurope
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11629 on: January 04, 2022, 04:31:58 PM »

Greetings!

Predict CSD Consulting ( Predict EduMedia ) is specialized in building online educational products: e-courses, instructional, experiential & edutainment video games. With a few dozen educational products released, their efforts have furthered interactivity and innovation in the field of education - a mission we’re passionate about, because learning is fun!
jihyung
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11630 on: January 05, 2022, 10:16:57 PM »

Hello! I'm an indie game planner!
I don't choose a game. I love the game itself.
I'm developing a puzzle game right now!
I want to introduce it to you and I will work hard to do that! Beer!
NoeMrct
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11631 on: January 05, 2022, 11:15:20 PM »

Hello everyone, I'm Noé, I'm a young developer of 19 years old who started very early in computer science thanks to my uncle.
Indeed, when I was 6/7 years old, I used to spend my school holidays with my grandparents and sometimes my uncle was working (he is a researcher in a laboratory for the French Ministry of the Interior).
As I was very young, seeing a screen with lots of colours and lights everywhere attracted me, so he taught me to turn off a PC remotely, yes yes, at 6 years old  Corny Laugh

After a few years of my uncle training me in hacking, I got interested in mobile development, including creating a space shooter that I kept for my friends and I to play at school. (Don't do that, I didn't learn the lessons at all and ended up as a plumber) I wasn't interested in plumbing at all, so I quit when I was 6 months away from my bachelor's degree and decided to go into software development and web applications full time, today I've opened my company and recently I had this memory of the mobile game I made when I was younger, so I decided to do it again. This is my life.
Asthalis
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11632 on: January 06, 2022, 07:28:49 AM »

Hi, I'm Asthalis from France and I'm an arcade game nostalgic (not that young anymore, 49 this year). Though I like spectacular recent video games like Flight Simulator 2020 (100 hours of flight so far), I have a soft spot for lo-resolution old arcade games (graphics were not great back then but developers had tons of ideas to get a great gameplay. I discovered Godot a few years ago and I think it is a great piece of software. I'm using it now to develop my own retro-looking platformer game (it's called Hop!2D and you can find details about it in the forum).

Happy to be a new member and share knowledge with you Smiley

ssoher
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11633 on: January 07, 2022, 04:09:27 PM »

Long time forum stalker, but a recent member with 15+ years of industry experience here. I've been working on my own projects for the last couple years, solo. My main role is as a programmer but the years I've worked by myself made me learn all kinds of disciplines like modeling, animation, texture painting, level design, UI design and even writing. Hoping to share the latest developments on my projects here, and check out the awesome work other members are sharing. Wish you all great success!
Massimo
Level 0

Lead Developer, Amethyst Ram Studios

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11634 on: January 09, 2022, 12:55:54 PM »

Hello! My name's Massimo and I'm the lead (and currently the only) developer at Amethyst Ram Studios. I'm a 21 year old Canadian entering my final semester of my Computer Science degree.
I've worked on a few small projects and released one game, Battle Rollers, on Steam! I'm currently working on a simple zombie game and was looking for somewhere to leave a devlog so I decided to make an account here. I love to program, but I am currently also designing all of my sprites and music/sound for my games and learning how to get better along the way Grin
Some of my favourite games are Pokemon FireRed, Minecraft, and The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth (and its DLCs).
Follow me on Twitter @AmethystRam and on itch.io to keep up with my development!
I look forward to meeting some people and having some good conversations Smiley
Gamestastic Programmer
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11635 on: January 10, 2022, 01:32:39 PM »

Hi  Grin

I'm part of a team, I'm a programmer. The team is made out of 2 people me and a graphic artist.

I'm 34 years old. I'm from El Salvador. I've worked more than 5 years as a software engineer and now I'm starting out as an indie developer video game. Last year we launched our first demo game.

I'm a fan of video games like everybody here. My favorite video games are Mario and Zelda.

I hope we could share an amazing experience here!  Beer!
VitusVeit
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11636 on: January 16, 2022, 11:49:08 AM »

Hi all Gentleman,

I'm VitusVeit, I like programming and design and I love making small 2d games.
I'm not a person who plays a lot of games but I like some puzzle games like Portal and also some simulators games, one of my favorites is Barotrauma.
halfpastbedtime
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11637 on: January 17, 2022, 10:00:07 AM »

Hi y'all  Smiley,
i'm halfpastbedtime and i really like videogames. although i haven't played much videogames the few i like i'm quite fond of particularly in their aesthetics and the emotions the game devs want to convey through this wonderful medium (such as undertale, botw, hollow knight, the binding of isaac). i have little programming skills in unity and overall in pretty much everything else haha, i'm a jack-of-all-trades, master of none.
The only skill i'm pretty confident of it's composing music, which i've done for as long as i remember.
All things considered, i'm really looking forward to get to know somebody who wants to conceive and create a lil' something and be proud of it.
Thanks for reading, cheers! Tongue
zerozerozerozero
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11638 on: January 17, 2022, 11:41:53 AM »

Hello hello

I'm here to learn from the community of designers/developers as well as offer
whatever constructive thoughts and ideas I can come up with, and get some work done too
Hopefully I'll have something to contribute myself in the not-so-distant future Coffee

Fed101
Level 0

-

View Profile
« Reply #11639 on: January 19, 2022, 06:34:50 AM »

Hi,

I'm a programmer that works at the edge of the gaming industry, and in its spare time is working with a couple of friends on a game on which we will probably start a devlog here in the future (as soon as we will be close to a first demo release).

In the meantime I'll be hanging around here browsing the many interesting projects, and enjoying the community.
Pages: 1 ... 580 581 [582] 583 584 ... 601
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic