Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411281 Posts in 69324 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 11:25:13 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 581 582 [583] 584 585 ... 601
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1907747 times)
Tirezor
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #11640 on: January 20, 2022, 11:58:09 AM »

Hi! I am a programmer and a video game developer.

I like to develop video games (mainly on Unity), and I would like to share my creations on the Internet. I've been playing video games for many years, and I like it! After a while, I decided to start developing and creating my own video games.

That's enough
Journey
TIGBaby

Sanji

View Profile
« Reply #11641 on: January 23, 2022, 04:01:51 AM »

Hello, fellow indie game devs!  Smiley

My name is Paul Aleksandrov, but I prefer to be called Journey.
I'm a newbie Game Designer from Ukraine trying to create something, that gonna give fun to people
and money to me HEHEHE. My journey started long ago, when I was trying to recreate my favorite table games Card Wars
and DnD to play with my sister. But I feel like it's always been with me. As a child I tried to create different things from cartoons to books or games. I really loved when my creations made people laugh or enjoy. And this love keep burning inside of me to these days (with some casualties on the way but it doesn't matter).
Currently I am working with my friend on one important project, that I'll hope will come out soon. He is a game developer and I'm a game designer!

I'm glad to be part of your community. I've loorkd for some while and now feels good to be part of it :3

p.s. - sorry for my English!
DiscoGames
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11642 on: January 23, 2022, 09:26:03 AM »

Hi there!

My name is Robin. I'm a musician/composer/producer.
I have made music for games and released dance music with game influences under the alias "Mind & Fancy”.

I’m also a game devoloper and recently released my first mobile game called “Inkfish”
I love to make stuff and hope to keep working on games myself or to score games with music.

As far as I remember I was aways in love with games.
But the first game that shook my world was “Pokemon Blue”.
This game was mind blowing for me. A whole world inside a video game!

The game industry inspires me and I love to be a part of it.
Jonathan Dupré
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11643 on: January 23, 2022, 06:49:32 PM »

Hey — I'm Jonathan.

- I made my first website in the mid-90s, around 10-11 years old
- The first video game I made was a Pokemon game. You had to find hidden links on a website and email me.
- Earlir on, mostly made games with RPG Maker 2000. I made every type of asset myself.
- I spent a lot of time on Ultima Online; hosted shards, custom maps & scripts etc. Also, Nexus: TK.
- Worked as a designer, developer, devops engineer, cloud security engineer and head of security (at startups)

Today I'm an independent cybersecurity consultant (jonathandupre.com).
And at night, I'm developing a fantasy-themed terminal-based hacking game.

Nice to meet you!

SilentPhil
Level 0

Long Jaunt

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11644 on: January 25, 2022, 06:57:48 AM »

Hi there!

My name is Roman, I'm almost 30 years old and I'm from Siberia.
Started my way in game-making in 2008 with Game Maker 7, did pet-projects, participated in different game-jams and sharpened my skills.
For a while I worked on successful mobile games (Sentence, Memento), but now our team turned to making PC games.
At the moment I'm working on Norland strategy game using Game Maker. Not on version 7 of course : )

minkonn
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11645 on: February 04, 2022, 10:13:24 PM »

Hey everyone!!
My name is Min and I'm an artist, writer and amateur gamedev!
I just released my first game yesterday for Weekly Game Jam 238 and I'm super pumped to continue learning and growing as an artist and developer
I'm a huge fan of story-rich and narrative-focused indie games such as OMORI, Undertale, Deltarune, Night In The Woods, and Grimms Hollow, and I want to make something that can impact and help others as much as those games have helped me :]
I'm mainly making games in RenPy right now, but in the future I plan to branch out to RPGmaker and Godot when I get more comfortable with the basic gamedev process and creating/releasing games
Thanks for reading and I hope you have a great day/night :D
Rolando_TheMajestic
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11646 on: February 08, 2022, 08:50:18 AM »

Hi, I'm Raul, a student of a degree of videogames develop in U-Tad, Spain and I'm part of a team for the subject of projects and my work on the development of the project is making the DevLog of it and QA.

We are a team of 11 people and the game is called Rolando The Majestic (like the name of this account).

This is our first "big" project that we are working on and this is why we are here, we want to upload our progress and look how people work on the industry.
bavs_tennisplayer
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11647 on: February 09, 2022, 05:21:14 AM »

Hey everyone, I am Bavneet from Bangalore, India. I like to play retro games on PC (Prince of Persia is one of my favorites). Lately I have been studying how people in their late 20s discover and find their own taste in gaming.

In the recent lockdowns, I got reminded of motion consoles like the Wii, when I couldn't go out and play. That led me to start working on a project around console-free motion games which I would love to share with all of you.
T0 Studio
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11648 on: February 09, 2022, 11:25:25 PM »

Hi all indie fellows, we are a newly started team working on our first game 4 months ago. I'm Natalie, the one who is typing here.

Regarding myself, I used to be an IELTS teacher during my short two-year working experience. And magically I got a chance to pursue a career that I really have passion and interest in. So now we're here. I join this team and now I'm responsible for the publicising and marketing of the game.

However, it's quite obvious that I’m a complete rookie in the game industry and all I get now is some experience in playing games as players and not much theoretical knowledge in game operation. So I’m here to learn more and help my team to share some update of our game with you to get feedback! (I will not tell you that how I got this job is mostly because I can use a little bit of English to communicate Tears of Joy Tears of Joy)

Also looking for someone to play It Takes Two together. I might be the only one who hasn't play this game by now! Lacking of a partner really sucks!(Just joking Tongue)

Nice to meet you all here and can't wait to show you our progress soon.
NoisyHeadGames
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11649 on: February 11, 2022, 06:26:29 AM »

Hello hello! Lovely to meet all of you Grin

I'm Steve and I've been doing riding the indie game bus for about 2 years now. Used to work in the AAA space on music systems for games such as Planet Coaster and Planet Zoo, before deciding to take the plunge into the crazy world that is indie game development!

Probably my first gaming experience was playing Cosmo's Cosmic Adventure on my Dad's work laptop! Literally couldn't put it down and he had to take his laptop everywhere we went so I didn't cause a ruckus Cheesy

I really love making all sorts of things, and my current passions outside of game development are cooking veggie goodness and brewing beer Toast Left In gaming I'm a huge fan of roguelites, puzzles and play far too much Phasmophobia than is good for me!

Finally, an interesting fact about me is I once took Jarvis Cocker from the band Pulp on a boat tour of an abandoned mining tunnel - and he has a very, very cute dog!
vampirebox
Level 0

Producer - Exceptionull Games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11650 on: February 11, 2022, 04:11:12 PM »

Hi, I'm Ben! I've been making games for ten years now.

My strongest suit is UX/UI design, but I'm also a fully trained 2D/3D artist and animator, and a much less trained programmer. When I'm not making games and apps for cell phones at ExceptioNull Games, I'm dabbling in the accessibility space by making games for blind players over at Themis Games.

I really miss in-person testing and trade shows. I'm hoping I can speak through the quality of my work and make some friends here, perhaps even making up for the lack of playtest data these last two years. I have a few projects I hope to excite you about, so look for me in the playtest forum. I'll make sure to provide my own critiques to help others.

Games industry since 2011 - Programmer, artist, producer, and designer. Firecracker Software | ExceptioNull Games | Themis Games
Star Lake Studios
Level 0

Love Cypher

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11651 on: February 18, 2022, 12:21:22 PM »

Hey everyone!

My name's David, and I'm an fantasy artist who has been working with game designs, illustrations, and concepts for over a decade! I've since decided to stake out on my own and am currently working on my first solo-developed Visual Novel: Love Cypher!

I'm looking forward to sharing more about my game-making adventure here!  Beer!Hand Thumbs Up Right

If you'd like, you can check out some of my personal artwork here:
www.davidloebman.com

Please consider supporting the Love Cypher Kickstarter here:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/davidloebman/love-cypher-visual-novel
rashwinbarwa
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11652 on: February 19, 2022, 02:03:51 PM »

Hello World! I'm Rashwin.

I've been making games for two months now; let's make it just one game. I'm fairly new to this and my work is far from polished like most of the Indie developers out there. It's filled with bugs and missing features. I know that these have to be fixed but my day job doesn't allow me much time. Anyways, I'll be posting more about my work hoping to get some constructive feedback from this large community.
BestTeaMaker
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11653 on: February 19, 2022, 09:22:07 PM »

Hullo. I'm UX Designer who wants to also be an amateur game dev. Learning to code and all that.
yousayrandy
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11654 on: February 20, 2022, 12:46:52 PM »

Hello, friends!

I'm a grown person with a family (wife, three children), a full-time job, a mortgage, and all the other obligations and responsibilities that come with being an adult. I am a former pro wrestler, former content creator, and current game player, content consumer, and fitness enthusiast. Most importantly, however, I'm a game developer.

I have dabbled in game development most of my life, having completed a game jam here and there and worked on plenty of unfinished prototypes in various roles. This year (that being 2022, if you don't feel like looking at this post's date), I made it my mission to complete a game jam every single month with the goal that I can comfortably and confident call myself an "experience game developer" by the end. I have already completed January successfully and I'm working on February now!

With my "New Year, New Me" initiative, I am signing up here to gain some experience, connections, and start documenting process. I look forward to interacting with all of you!

-Randy Fluharty

awetos
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11655 on: February 22, 2022, 02:06:22 PM »

Hello dev friends! Awetos here.

I have been an artist most of my life and learned to code in high school. I dabbled in making some webpages, some mods and a visual novel in ren py as an amateur. Currently I am a college student studying game design.

I decided to pursue game development because for a period of my life I was ill and bedridden, and I played a lot of mobile games in that time. I feel like making a game would be a good combination of what I can do and to pay homage to the games that I enjoyed.

I am developing my first game and would like to keep a devlog to see it finished.
chervinator
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11656 on: February 23, 2022, 02:20:35 PM »

Ok here it goes, first of all, excuse my bad grammar, Im trying my best to Git Gud in English, Im a Game Development/Desing student, almost done with the degree Beg.
loved games and all sorts of entertainment like movies, board games, anime and some comics and mangas also.
here to get to know the comunity of TigSource and learn intresting things.
played many games and cant pick one as my favorite, but the 3 games I play usually these days are Hearthstone(been playing 4 too long TBH), Tom and Clanys R6, and Rocket league.
waiting for Elden Ring... Beer! Beer!

Game-Design Student from Spain, love gaming, love PixelArt, and hope to end up doing what I love!!
AutomatonKingdom
Level 0

AK Logo

View Profile
« Reply #11657 on: February 24, 2022, 02:14:45 PM »

Hi TIGForum!, we are thrilled to join your community, and also excited to share a little bit about us with you.

Our name is Trail-Studio and we are a group of Game-Design students developing our first videogame "Automaton Kingdom" that we intend to publish mid-year.

Automaton Kingdom is a Pixel Art 2D Autochess type of game where you set up the elements on the screen and when you hit play, they have their own automatic behaviours which are needed to complete the puzzles (rooms).

We will start posting in the DevLogs as soon as we can, and we hope we learn a lot from this community and the future PlayTests to help us improve the game.

Stay tuned for more updates!
LionelTheDragon
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11658 on: March 01, 2022, 04:14:14 AM »

Hi there indies,
My Name Is Martin from Manchester UK.  I am working on my own game full time and looking to build a studio into a successful business over the years ahead.

I have worked as A Highway Engineer for 15 years but learnt how to develop around 10 years ago to release competing software in the Autodesk add-on market, so I’m pretty new to game-dev, but I find it more fulfilling thus far.

I’m defo here to learn and get feedback and I’m curious as to how people manage work and part-time development.  My skills include 3D, Animation, Graphic design and planning and coding, but I hate writing code, it seems to suck all the creative process right out of me.

My first console was an Atari 2600, and the best gaming programme was Bad Influence, not games Master.   Smiley

-Martin

Developer of Lionel the Dragon.
liamrharwood
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11659 on: March 02, 2022, 06:19:23 AM »

Hi folks!

My name is Liam, and I'm from Boston, Massachusetts. I recently left my full-time job as a software engineer in order to take the plunge into indie game development!  Smiley

Some of my favorite games of the past few years include Outer Wilds, Crusader Kings 3, and (most recently) ELDEN RING! I'm a huge From Software fan, and Elden Ring has delivered on the hype for sure.

For the past two years, I've been working on Obscurant with three other team members under the studio name King Brick Games. Obscurant is a narrative-focused mimicry game in which you collect disguises and mimic enemy behavior to blend in. We just announced that we are releasing on Steam on April 29, so it's a very exciting time for us!

Looking forward to getting to know people in the community! Smiley

Obscurant is releasing on Steam on April 29!

Follow us on Twitter!
Pages: 1 ... 581 582 [583] 584 585 ... 601
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic