Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1401637 Posts in 67933 Topics- by 61476 Members - Latest Member: meeloboer

July 03, 2022, 03:49:49 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 584 585 [586] 587
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1647851 times)
Darkaura
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11700 on: May 04, 2022, 06:47:11 PM »

Hello all! My name is Derek and I am a game developer like most of you. Over the last year give or take I’ve gotten a team together to work on a 2d mmorpg.

Yes I know I know a mmorpg?? The team consists of a good number of dedicated people wanting to learn what it takes to make our dream come true. I chose a 2D game because well that’s what I grew up on and there seems to be a large lack of decent visually please mmorpg video games out there that cater to the older generations. I hope y’all will enjoy following my project and I’ll enjoys yours too.
skazza
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11701 on: May 05, 2022, 02:55:29 AM »

Hi everyone!

I love games, cats, and digital art. I'm a part of an indie studio: Space Fox Games. We are currently working on our first PC & Console Metroidvania game called "RIN: The Last Child". I would love to share the results of our work so far with you, so here I am! In my spare time, I like to make pixel art.

Thanks for having me. Have a nice day!
pieroluha
Level 0

I'm hungry and I'll devour.

View Profile
« Reply #11702 on: May 08, 2022, 05:15:11 AM »

Damn, it's been a while since I used a forum. Anyways, my goal is to become a future morbillionaire!  Hand Money Left Hand Money Left Hand Money Right Hand Money Right Hand Joystick Gentleman

Dopply
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11703 on: May 17, 2022, 07:58:32 AM »

Hello! My name is Seth, better known as Dopply, best known to the internet as the guy who made those fan Zelda CD-i remasters for PC near the end of 2020. I've been a hobbyist independent developer for 15 years or so, so I was actually surprised I didn't already have a TIG account! In fact, my journey towards becoming a professional developer probably would not have happened without this forum and its various resources, so I'll go ahead and throw a big thanks that way.

As mentioned, I'm trying to transition to professional development - thanks to some amazing opportunities that opened up for me in the wake of releasing my fan-made remasters. It's pretty crazy what can happen if you follow through on a joke and actually finish something for once, haha. Best of luck to everyone working on their projects. Independent game development has never been more exciting!
LinsonLime
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11704 on: May 25, 2022, 02:35:31 PM »

Hello everyone!

For most of my life playing video games has been a huge passion of mine; probably to an unhealthy extent. After ages of just playing them, I hope to make some of my own! I started six months ago, with next to no knowledge on any of the skills required to make games. As such I expect to be pretty bad at it for a while. Hopefully, after lots of perseverance, I'll be able to make something good! If you want to try out games I've made, my itch.io page is https://linsonlime.itch.io/. Thanks for reading!
LuckyLactose
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11705 on: May 28, 2022, 11:40:17 AM »

Greetings!
I used to do gamedev profesionally some years ago (mainly games based on children's IPs), and have since transitioned into doing native app development full-time.

Recently I've started dabbling with some game development again in my spare time, and I am currently using Unity.
ComfieDev
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11706 on: June 02, 2022, 07:26:23 AM »

Hey! I'm Comfie, a Finnish indie developer with a passion for visual arts and game development.

I'm quite unknown, I only have a small following on twitter and discord! I've thought about joining tigsource for years now and never really got around to it, but I guess the time has finally come.

I've made mostly jam games, but my latest project Moonstuck was released on Steam for free! If magically someone has heard of me before it's probably through that.
My dream is to make games full-time after I'm done with high school, but that all depends on if I can actually finish a damn project. My goals as a developer is to make abstract and in some ways innovative games, and that's what I'll be focusing on with my future projects.

Super excited to join the community!
Cheers.
gamestudio950
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #11707 on: June 02, 2022, 10:28:39 PM »

Hi, this is game studio. We are a small group of game developers who develop various indi games. It would be good to meet new people in this group who share similar interests. These interactions will be good for out team to develop more knowledge and skills. Looking forward to having some meaningful and enriching discussions.
We also hope to contribute more to the growth of this forum.
xDaex
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11708 on: June 05, 2022, 11:55:03 AM »

As the saying goes, better late than never. So, more than three years after I registered, here I am to introduce myself in a nutshell.

My name is László Domján, aka xDaex. I'm from Hungary. I've been an active gamer since the mid-80s when my parents bought our family's first personal computer, a ZX Spectrum 48K. It was instant love!

I always wanted to be a zoologist like Durrell or a natural historian like Attenborough, but something changed at this point: when my class teacher asked me the question "what do you want to be when you grow up?", I already knew the answer: I wanted to work at OCEAN FACTORY. OCEAN FACTORY??? – my teacher shouted – what the hell is that?

Of course, I wanted to say that I'd like to be a video game developer at Ocean Software, but I couldn't adequately explain my thoughts.

I remember it was so embarrassing.  Embarrassed Grin Embarrassing or not, now, almost 40 years later, I'm an indie game developer working under the name of Birs (it means "quince" in Hungarian). I've been in the video game industry for almost 20 years now. During these years, I've worked on titles like BattleStations: Midway or Sine Mora. I'm the creator of Rotolla, and my latest game is Katanauts (キャタノッツ ). Currently, I'm promoting my new game and soon I'll start prototyping my next one.

Here I'm to learn and share my experience. I'm super excited to be a part of this awesome community, thanks for having me!

Sine Mora | Rotolla | Katanauts (キャタノッツ)
JWMatthews
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11709 on: June 07, 2022, 02:22:19 PM »

Howdy. My name is Joel. On the internet, I usually go by VERTIGOdivine, but that contained 'TIG' which was reserved for admin accounts. Whoops!!!

I'm 22 as of writing this, male, LGBT+, and autistic. I'm currently going to college for an Information Technology major with a focus in Software Development. I have a job making candles, and in between work days I'm working on my two main projects - Everpets and Checkmate.

When I develop games, I use Unity. My strengths are in writing and character design. I've been trying to learn Japanese since I was 9 years old, but I only started taking my lessons seriously enough to actually learn it when I was about 17. My art style tends to be very obviously anime inspired. I enjoy chatting about games and I especially love retro classics. Feel free to message me- I enjoy making friends!

I usually go by VERTIGOdivine elsewhere. | Lead Developer of Checkmate | VERTIGO罰五#8346
hoppou
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #11710 on: June 09, 2022, 08:01:23 PM »

Hi everyone. My name is Yueming form China.

My friends and I start to make our own game this year and we are basicly newbies. There are probly all kinds of difficulties waiting for us ahead, but with the help from this great community nothing couldn't be solved.

Right now our game is slowly taking shape and we are looking forward to get some feedbacks from the community. Cheers
rafgro
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11711 on: June 10, 2022, 08:46:43 AM »

Hello, Rafal here. I've been programming for approximately my whole life, my first game was about making games, and finally now for 1.5y I'm in the indie development phase. Bone apple tea to everyone Wink
Steve Bromley
Level 0

Playtesting + Games UX Research

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11712 on: June 13, 2022, 06:39:58 AM »

Hello friends.

I'm Steve - I've worked in the games industry for over a decade now as a games user researcher. I work with big and small studios on playtesting, and incorporating UX research into their development process (and released a book + toolkit on the subject!).

I'm really interested in the topic of making playtesting + UX best practice accessible and useful to smaller studios + solo devs, so I'm here to learn - hear about playtesting challenges, and do my best to support. Do always feel free to DM (or find me on other channels) if I can help!

- Steve Bromley

Teaches Playtesting & Games UX Research
 - gamesusserresearch.com
Flamingo
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #11713 on: June 14, 2022, 12:23:52 AM »

Hi everyone,

I'm Dani, but I like the pseudonym Flamingo because flamingos are bright and pink and annoying. I'm a boring developer by day, and a slightly less boring developer by night. Making games is what got me into programming as a kid, and I've been meaning to get back into making them for a while.

Hope y'all have a nice day Smiley
_Gekko93
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11714 on: June 14, 2022, 07:52:36 AM »

Hey there!

I'm Pablo, a Junior Game Designer based on Spain with some background on software development, game jams and organizing game events.

You'll always catch me reading, gaming, designing (not only games tho) or doing some crazy sport called jugger.

Nice to meet y'all! <3
istvankreisz
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11715 on: June 14, 2022, 01:56:34 PM »

Hey everyone!

I'm Istvan, originally an iOS and web developer, nowadays mostly a game creator. I've made a few hyper casual games for mobiles but nowadays I focus mostly on my web-based multiplayer game.

I love geography and my current gaming project is heavily influenced by that.

Nice to meet you all, cheers!
NestRai
Level 0

i do not know

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11716 on: June 15, 2022, 11:34:01 AM »

i'm hugo.

i like to program sometimes.

i also like undertale.

my current mood is Waaagh!

i make games i guess
PoRtCuLLiS
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11717 on: June 16, 2022, 08:44:00 AM »

Hi everyone, I'm Rob, an old man of 42 living in Wales, UK.

I decided to pick up gamedev as a hobby when the pandemic/lockdowns started. That was over 2 years ago and I'm still at it. My main skill is writing code, although I'm trying everything, like graphics and even some music.

In my free time I enjoy a variety of games, but in recent years I got hooked on the Rocket League and that kind of took over. I hit the rank of Grand Champion the other day, so now I'm looking to cut down on the Rocket League and get into different games again.

Peace!  Gomez
AyItsMatt
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11718 on: June 16, 2022, 08:13:19 PM »

Hello! My name is Matt and I am a 2D and 3D artist, and game dev.

I hope to get help and feedback, and also help people with stuff!! :>
mentor93
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11719 on: June 25, 2022, 03:03:04 AM »

I'm Radek and I'm from Poland. I currently work as a porting programmer at a video games publisher.

As a gamer I play pretty much everything on everything, except MMOs, sports and racing games (though there are exceptions for the latter). I enjoy games with good story and a lot of freedom the most. My favourite titles are Dishonored, Red Dead Redemption and Uncharted.
Pages: 1 ... 584 585 [586] 587
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic