Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411275 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 09:59:58 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 584 585 [586] 587 588 ... 601
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1906969 times)
xDaex
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11700 on: June 05, 2022, 11:55:03 AM »

As the saying goes, better late than never. So, more than three years after I registered, here I am to introduce myself in a nutshell.

My name is László Domján, aka xDaex. I'm from Hungary. I've been an active gamer since the mid-80s when my parents bought our family's first personal computer, a ZX Spectrum 48K. It was instant love!

I always wanted to be a zoologist like Durrell or a natural historian like Attenborough, but something changed at this point: when my class teacher asked me the question "what do you want to be when you grow up?", I already knew the answer: I wanted to work at OCEAN FACTORY. OCEAN FACTORY??? – my teacher shouted – what the hell is that?

Of course, I wanted to say that I'd like to be a video game developer at Ocean Software, but I couldn't adequately explain my thoughts.

I remember it was so embarrassing.  Embarrassed Grin Embarrassing or not, now, almost 40 years later, I'm an indie game developer working under the name of Birs (it means "quince" in Hungarian). I've been in the video game industry for almost 20 years now. During these years, I've worked on titles like BattleStations: Midway or Sine Mora. I'm the creator of Rotolla, and my latest game is Katanauts (キャタノッツ ). Currently, I'm promoting my new game and soon I'll start prototyping my next one.

Here I'm to learn and share my experience. I'm super excited to be a part of this awesome community, thanks for having me!

Sine Mora | Rotolla | Katanauts (キャタノッツ)
JWMatthews
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11701 on: June 07, 2022, 02:22:19 PM »

Howdy. My name is Joel. On the internet, I usually go by VERTIGOdivine, but that contained 'TIG' which was reserved for admin accounts. Whoops!!!

I'm 22 as of writing this, male, LGBT+, and autistic. I'm currently going to college for an Information Technology major with a focus in Software Development. I have a job making candles, and in between work days I'm working on my two main projects - Everpets and Checkmate.

When I develop games, I use Unity. My strengths are in writing and character design. I've been trying to learn Japanese since I was 9 years old, but I only started taking my lessons seriously enough to actually learn it when I was about 17. My art style tends to be very obviously anime inspired. I enjoy chatting about games and I especially love retro classics. Feel free to message me- I enjoy making friends!

I usually go by VERTIGOdivine elsewhere. | Lead Developer of Checkmate
hoppou
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #11702 on: June 09, 2022, 08:01:23 PM »

Hi everyone. My name is Yueming form China.

My friends and I start to make our own game this year and we are basicly newbies. There are probly all kinds of difficulties waiting for us ahead, but with the help from this great community nothing couldn't be solved.

Right now our game is slowly taking shape and we are looking forward to get some feedbacks from the community. Cheers
rafgro
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11703 on: June 10, 2022, 08:46:43 AM »

Hello, Rafal here. I've been programming for approximately my whole life, my first game was about making games, and finally now for 1.5y I'm in the indie development phase. Bone apple tea to everyone Wink
Steve Bromley
Level 0

Playtesting + Games UX Research

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11704 on: June 13, 2022, 06:39:58 AM »

Hello friends.

I'm Steve - I've worked in the games industry for over a decade now as a games user researcher. I work with big and small studios on playtesting, and incorporating UX research into their development process (and released a book + toolkit on the subject!).

I'm really interested in the topic of making playtesting + UX best practice accessible and useful to smaller studios + solo devs, so I'm here to learn - hear about playtesting challenges, and do my best to support. Do always feel free to DM (or find me on other channels) if I can help!

- Steve Bromley

Teaches Playtesting & Games UX Research
 - gamesusserresearch.com
Flamingo
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #11705 on: June 14, 2022, 12:23:52 AM »

Hi everyone,

I'm Dani, but I like the pseudonym Flamingo because flamingos are bright and pink and annoying. I'm a boring developer by day, and a slightly less boring developer by night. Making games is what got me into programming as a kid, and I've been meaning to get back into making them for a while.

Hope y'all have a nice day Smiley
_Gekko93
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11706 on: June 14, 2022, 07:52:36 AM »

Hey there!

I'm Pablo, a Junior Game Designer based on Spain with some background on software development, game jams and organizing game events.

You'll always catch me reading, gaming, designing (not only games tho) or doing some crazy sport called jugger.

Nice to meet y'all! <3
istvankreisz
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11707 on: June 14, 2022, 01:56:34 PM »

Hey everyone!

I'm Istvan, originally an iOS and web developer, nowadays mostly a game creator. I've made a few hyper casual games for mobiles but nowadays I focus mostly on my web-based multiplayer game.

I love geography and my current gaming project is heavily influenced by that.

Nice to meet you all, cheers!
NestRai
Level 0

i do not know

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11708 on: June 15, 2022, 11:34:01 AM »

i'm hugo.

i like to program sometimes.

i also like undertale.

my current mood is Waaagh!

i make games i guess
PoRtCuLLiS
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11709 on: June 16, 2022, 08:44:00 AM »

Hi everyone, I'm Rob, an old man of 42 living in Wales, UK.

I decided to pick up gamedev as a hobby when the pandemic/lockdowns started. That was over 2 years ago and I'm still at it. My main skill is writing code, although I'm trying everything, like graphics and even some music.

In my free time I enjoy a variety of games, but in recent years I got hooked on the Rocket League and that kind of took over. I hit the rank of Grand Champion the other day, so now I'm looking to cut down on the Rocket League and get into different games again.

Peace!  Gomez
AyItsMatt
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11710 on: June 16, 2022, 08:13:19 PM »

Hello! My name is Matt and I am a 2D and 3D artist, and game dev.

I hope to get help and feedback, and also help people with stuff!! :>
mentor93
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11711 on: June 25, 2022, 03:03:04 AM »

I'm Radek and I'm from Poland. I currently work as a porting programmer at a video games publisher.

As a gamer I play pretty much everything on everything, except MMOs, sports and racing games (though there are exceptions for the latter). I enjoy games with good story and a lot of freedom the most. My favourite titles are Dishonored, Red Dead Redemption and Uncharted.
JohnDoom
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11712 on: June 26, 2022, 11:56:02 AM »

Smiley Hi, there! I'm Gianluca Marotta, from Italy. I've been an active modder for 10+ years and I've now finally released my first video game.
I've found this forum while looking for ways to promote my game, however I can see there's much more potential and I'm looking to work with artists here in the future.
HeffMoney
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11713 on: June 27, 2022, 07:00:20 PM »

HeffMoney - 38 from the US. I've done a few RPGMaker games in the past and am now working on my first 'real' project in Godot. Other than a degree in math, I've no particular education in game-making and have had a somewhat wide variety of jobs over the years. The name comes from an Army nickname that is unfortunately ironic since I'm socially awkward.

My skills at the moment are programming as well as 'making things work'. I'm not really good at art and haven't done sound.
KennyKyle_
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11714 on: July 01, 2022, 02:45:02 PM »

Names Andrew. Im from Ukraine but live in Washington state. I have a disability called Muscular Dystrophy and i am a power wheelchair user.

I have been playing video since i was 5 years old and i am now 26. I had a dream to make games since i was like 12. I want to make games more accessible for everyone. I want to push accessibility for games to the point of where every single person can enjoy a game without any physical difficulties and experience the games full potential.

I am an Unreal Engine game developer with about 4 years of experience in the industry and the engine. I am currently working on a game called RunnerX. RunnerX is an Action Adventure 3D Platformer game inspired by Mirror's Edge series. You can parkour and fly through the stylized city of Branta using Lea’s custom made CyberArm. Wall run, slide, climb and grapple hook to anywhere you can see in first person single player experience. Uncover the hidden secrets of Branta and release it to the public!

My goal with this forum is to share my progress of the games development and get some valuable feedback on the game from the community.

Thank you for reading!  Beer!
weazeltech
Level 0

Weasel's are some scary predators for their weight

View Profile
« Reply #11715 on: July 02, 2022, 06:28:16 AM »

Hey there! I'm weazeltech, Online I'm a pixel artist creating a megaman inspired fighting game. I grew up with the SNES in the 90s I don't think I went any part of my life without games being present, which made me chose programming as a career even though this didn't land me on the game development industry (by choice). Now I'm trying to get into it my self, being independent and going for a "Digital Influencer" gamedev route, doesn't hurt to try.
I'm really into cute games and pixel art in general, since the cute art style wasn't really popular on western games I got really attracted to the japanese games of the time. My main inspirations are: Legend of Mana, Harvest Moon and as cliché as it sounds cave story. This community "made" some of my favorite games so I want to be part of it as well!
yv0751
TIGBaby

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11716 on: July 03, 2022, 02:37:44 AM »

Hi,

I'm y.v. and I make indie games as a hobby of sorts.
IT background but never worked as a coder for some reason.
I guess the game development is for compensation.  Wink

The very eclectic list of games, that are burned into my memory (not necessarily the 'best' but somehow awesome)

• Missile Command (Arcade)
  • Paradroid
  • Morrowind
  • Diablo II
  • Princess Trainer by Akabur

The first indie game, which I published will be completed around November.
If it ever goes anywhere, I will be looking for animators (2D) and sound/music creators for the next game I'll start in December, because I suck at those two fields. Wink

My itch.io page is here (don't click if you hate nsfw games...):

https://yv0751.itch.io/

Regards

y.v.

« Last Edit: July 03, 2022, 02:49:29 AM by yv0751 » Logged
beambreath
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11717 on: July 04, 2022, 01:41:50 AM »

Hi all,

I'm beambreath, software developer for more than 15 years.
Gaming was always my second hobby after coding but I never fully got into game dev.
I finally decided to merge my two main hobbies into one because I was really bored and needed new challenges.
Having grown up with the SNES and the PSX, I want that golden age back "when games were trying their best to push the limits of what kinds of stories could be told in video games".
Fortunately indie dev has thrived the last few years and I hope it will continue like that.
DragonEmperors
Level 0

The best in RPG Maker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11718 on: July 10, 2022, 07:35:57 PM »

Hey everyone!

I'm Yon, mainly the voice of this gamedev studio named Dragon Emperors, and accidentally the 4th member of this studio.

Gaming has been part of my life for a long time. Besides playing games, I've been making games since elementary with pen and paper, stuff from an RPG-like level and stats, shops, and battling (using rock-paper-scissor). It was very simple yet I'm still proud of it. Then, at university, I got introduced to RPG Maker and found back my love for game-making, hence where I'm now with my studio.

I don't really have a favorite genre, I play basically whatever I want, but I love games that I can play again and again (like TESV Skyrim or roguelike games).
Although, there are games that I'll remember forever, such as:
- TES:V Skyrim
- Fallout New Vegas
- Vigilante 2nd Offense
- Sim City 4
- Dynasty Warriors 5
These are games that I don't mind playing again and again and would very much welcome if there're sequels or a game that's very similar.
PipkaTeam
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11719 on: July 12, 2022, 01:01:37 PM »

Hello! Smiley At the moment, we are a small team engaged in various activities: animations, game creation, servers in games, etc.

Our team is likely to grow over time. But now we have Ikar2014 as a programmer and AnneLM as a designer. The second one is just writing this, so (don't want to brag) AnneLM is a handyman  Tongue

There is only one game on release so far, but we are trying to finish our second game called Districted Space. So your support will be an incentive for us to develop.
Pages: 1 ... 584 585 [586] 587 588 ... 601
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic