Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 04:54:43 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 585 586 [587] 588 589 ... 601
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1952477 times)
roland
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11720 on: July 12, 2022, 09:44:41 PM »

Hello, I'm Roland. I've been away for about four years and many things have changed, so thought I might re-introduce myself here.

I lost my job, moved country, started from nothing and slowly built back up, learning a new language, working at a startup and my own project in my spare time. For me it's the thing that gives me purpose - my own piece of art. I'm here to get some inspiration, provide feedback and hopefully receive some in turn from fellow game designers.

I mostly like classic games like Megaman, Jazz Jackrabbit, Sonic, Age of Empires, HOMM3 and the such.

atobas
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11721 on: July 16, 2022, 12:28:22 AM »

Hello everyone. I would like to introduce myself: I’m Víctor Atobas, writer and video game lover. I have published a couple of visual novels, one about Thomas More and another about love as a metaphor for utopia. I am currently developing an indie horror RPG titled “The Bad Son”.

I like all kinds of games, but I especially love the indies Kiss.

OriolCosp
Level 0

Data Scientist by day, game dev by night

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11722 on: July 17, 2022, 12:07:58 AM »

Hi I'm Oriol from Barcelona, Spain. I work as a Data Scientist by day and make games at night.
I've been a gamer since I was a kid and have played all kinds of video games. Nowadays I mostly play on PC, and some of my favorite titles include Slay the Spire, Hades, SC2, and Hearthstone's Battlegrounds mode (it's an auto-battler).

I made some tabletop RPGs as a kid, but I started making videogames only 1 year ago. In January 2022 I published my first game "Magplat" on itch.io, a platformer with magnets and very minimalistic art.
Currently, I'm working on "The Ouroboros King" a chess roguelike. I plan to share my progress with the community here.

Nice to meet you all! :D
Osimodius
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11723 on: July 20, 2022, 05:04:47 AM »

Shocked

Where to start , my name is Jessy aka Osimodius , from good old Canada speak french/english...
What else , oh yeah I started my own game studio (Sofa Mauve Studio Inc.) last year and we are doing quite good so far..
Hmm Love animals and nature and OFC gaming Tongue

Made in Quebec.
lightninjohn
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11724 on: July 20, 2022, 11:45:18 AM »

Hey, so I'm John.
I'm trying desperately to become a game developer, unfortunately I know nothing about anything when it comes to programming, art, or sound design. Basically anything you need to make a game. But, I'm trying my best.

I got into gaming at a young age when my parents bought me and my sisters a GameCube, and GameBoy Advances. It was so long ago that I don't even remember getting them. I played games like WindWaker, Pikmin, Yoshi's Island, and Super Star Saga. As you can see, mostly Nintendo games, but I also played Billy Hatcher and bad movie video games.

Ever since then I've always loved video games, and I hope to make some... eventually.

Trying
ArsSanctum
TIGBaby

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11725 on: July 20, 2022, 01:10:43 PM »

Howdy!

I'm ArsSanctum. A very rookie developer who thus far only has experience with ren'py.

I have made and finished the first part of a Visual Novel with a few months ago and am already working on the next part of the story. While coding is a new frontier for sure, I have a great deal more experience and confidence in my skills as a writer.

While I still intend to create VN content, I am looking to eventually expand out to potential rpgs.

Happy to be here, and always feel free to reach out and say hi Smiley
16comma7inPx
Level 0

alias Zitron

View Profile
« Reply #11726 on: July 22, 2022, 11:45:39 AM »

Hi folks,
i always like to read good sci-fi, see nice art, hear sound music and play some game. Games always was a stable focal-point in my life, no mater what I've been through, no mater what silly gig i've got. I miss old friends and hope to find a new. Escape from four walls shall be granted to thee willing to step into the bushes and keep hacking. So I'am here in search for meaning of life and one's obligation to citizenry.  Gentleman
JumalienGame
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11727 on: July 25, 2022, 01:02:11 AM »

Hello !!!
I'm Kevin Pedatte and I live in France. I'm actually working on my own game : Jumalien (a local multiplayer Hack&Slash)
And when i'm employed by someone, I'm a Game Designer !
handymcandy
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11728 on: July 27, 2022, 07:14:32 PM »

Hi. I'm sure given enough time we'll all get to know each other very well.
liane0654
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11729 on: July 28, 2022, 10:38:19 PM »

Hello!

I am liane0654 from Canada and I try to create a game.

The first video game I can remember playing was Mario Sunshine on the Wii. I didn't have the Wii for a long before getting the Wii U (a great console). My favorite game of all time is Mario Galaxy. I never played a lot of PC games outside of Minecraft and Terraria.

Since my childhood I was interested in science and programming. The first language I first tried to learn was Lua on Roblox with some friends. After that, it was Java because I wanted to create a Minecraft mod and then a 2d platformer with Eclipse (an IDE). The last language was C++ for an other project I had. Now, I try to finish a game with GDevelop. When I finish this game, I will probably try to learn a programming language again.

I might one day finish one of my many projects and when it will be, even if it a small game, it will be as big as an AAA game for me.

Until then, it's time for me to have some ideas for my game!
« Last Edit: July 28, 2022, 10:53:02 PM by liane0654 » Logged
IKO Games
Level 0

IKO Games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11730 on: August 03, 2022, 09:27:38 AM »

Hi, my name is Ilya, I'm from, I'm 18 years old. I'm a beginner game developer on the Unity engine with 3 years of development experience. I have already managed to do a lot of projects, but now I am working on a special project in my opinion, which I eventually plan to release. I will keep my devlog about this project.
NJR21
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11731 on: August 05, 2022, 02:22:17 AM »

Hi, I'm NJr, new to coding, I want to make games. Shrug
jackalhearts
Level 0

Writer, 2D Animator, Novice Game Designer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11732 on: August 05, 2022, 08:18:07 AM »

Hi! My name's Jack, and I'm brand new to game design. I'm a 2D animator by trade, but I really enjoy writing. I'm currently working on a game in Twine.  Coffee

I'm from the US, and I spend a lot of my spare time writing tabletop RPG sessions for my Powered by the Apocalypse hack, Snare. I've always loved storytelling, and I'm excited for the opportunity to create my first game.
rysertio
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #11733 on: August 07, 2022, 12:26:15 PM »

I am a hobby game developer. I have made a few games using tools like 'Bitsy' and 'Cyberix3d'. Furthermore, I'm currently learning Godot and made a couple of prototypes using it. I publish them on itch.
RuneKingThor
TIGBaby

Tempest Knights Lead

View Profile
« Reply #11734 on: August 08, 2022, 08:45:08 AM »

Hey all, call me Rune. Working on a lovely little Indie TRPG I hope to be able to show some more by the end of the month! Look forward to chatting with everyone here.
Devine_Universe
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11735 on: August 10, 2022, 06:23:12 PM »

I am a solo dev who just released my 3rd game! I also like to learn and invent new things!
pwmtr
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #11736 on: August 13, 2022, 09:07:32 PM »

Hi all,

this is pwmtr. I'm long time software developer but have no experience in graphic/music/game design Smiley. I have few ideas that I want to implement, but I guess it will be long time before I can release anything.
bigturtle
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11737 on: August 14, 2022, 11:10:13 AM »

Hello - I am Big Turtle. I work as a backend Software Engineer for a Seattle tech company. I've been doing this type of work for over a decade. But I am starting to get bored of what is essentially just moving data from one place to another. Backend engineering is really just moving data from one disk to another disk or from one socket to some other socket.

After reading Masters of Doom and Blood, Sweat, and Pixels, I started thinking of making a game myself. So for the last few months, I've been learning game development, specifically Godot. I started working on my very first game this month.

I got into games in the early 90s playing some point and click detective game, whose name I can no longer remember, on my family’s desktop PC. Eventually I started playing Doom, Command & Conquer, and Warcraft II. Doom started a love for first person shooters that continues to this day. But Warcraft II and Command & Conquer blew my little mind because I was always interested in military history. So to have a game where I was a little general commanding troops into battle was amazing! My list of favorite games of all time include Starcraft and Medieval II: Total War.

My dream with game development is to create my own 90’s RTS. I realize that this is a very difficult type of game to make. But I think it is worth the shot, and the effort will be worth it even if I fail. I plan to keep my first game very simple though because I need to learn, practice, and get better.

I started a blog to start documenting the journey, but I also plan on posting devlogs on this forum.

Alexandra IDV
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #11738 on: August 15, 2022, 11:07:06 AM »

Hi! My name is Alexandra, and I'm a freelance artist & writer who's working on game development in her free time. I love narrative-driven or -heavy games like adventure games and RPGs - big fan of games like Megami Tensei, the Mario RPGs, Ace Attorney, and Monkey Island - and am currently working on an RPG about a witch.

I have quite limited time to spend on it (because the freelancer "you set your own hours" dream really means "you're always working"), so combined with how I am the only person working on it, I expect it to take some time - but that's fine. I have lurked on here in the past, but figured I'd make an account now that I'm actively working on a game again.
Spytrever
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11739 on: August 15, 2022, 01:09:36 PM »

Nice to meet everyone, I go by Spytrever online and I'm a university student who's going into the game development field. I've always been planning this route since 2012 when I was playing roblox trying to create my own world with their engine. Since I've always been playing games since a kid starting from DS all the way to Pc I truly enjoy discussions about game design, art and music. Recently I've been into more JRPGS and VN games with hefty stories that are told in a linear fashion. Feel free to hit me up about gaming or anime I'd love to talk and get to know the rest of you!  Gentleman
Pages: 1 ... 585 586 [587] 588 589 ... 601
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic