Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411486 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58427 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 08:46:13 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 586 587 [588] 589 590 ... 601
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1950744 times)
ReggieDog
Level 0

Test

View Profile
« Reply #11740 on: August 17, 2022, 02:50:06 PM »

Hi hi I'm Reggie and I like video games of all sorts. I used to have an account on these forums that I can no longer find, so here I am introducing myself for a second time! Love the friendly atmosphere here and looking forward to commenting on all of the the amazing games.

I'm also making a new game. I've tried and failed to make games so many times that it isn't funny, but this time for sure.

We called the dog Reggie
Velsthinez
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #11741 on: August 17, 2022, 08:52:44 PM »

Hello, I am artist learning to code and make my own games. After so many failed attempts and abandoned projects, hopefully this time I can finish and release one game
pevogames
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #11742 on: August 18, 2022, 12:08:07 PM »

Hello All!

I go by Pevo and am pretty new to gamedev. I work as a software integration / test engineer for an EV company and am looking to pick up gamedev on the side. For the past 4 years or so I have become much more passionate about programming and computer science. To me, gamedev is the best way for me to be able to explore and play around with all of the aspects of computer science and programming that I have been learning (like AI, simulation, OOP, computer vision, etc). Not to mention I absolutely love to play video games.

I would say my favorite games are the adventure RPG types and spent countless hours playing Skyrim, Fallout 4, The Borderlands Collection, and way before that - Pokemon. I just get sucked into these games and basically play nonstop until I get burnt out. A couple other favorites include Civilization, Rocket League, and racing sim games like iRacing and Project Cars.

My wife makes fun of me for having too many hobbies, but hey...I like to try new things. One other gamedev activity I am very much looking forward to is pixel art. I love the asthetic of all of the indie dev pixel art games that I've found and can't wait to play around with that style.

My goals are to first develop a small game (not my dream game) and just take it all the way through to publishing, if I can make it there. This will be a long process for me since I am working full time and trying to complete my CS masters on the side. However, I am hoping to spend maybe a couple hours a week on this just to keep things moving forward. My hope is that getting involved in a community like this will keep me motivated.
G3Dev
Level 0

I make games using Java

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11743 on: August 19, 2022, 04:49:24 AM »

Hi, I like to make pixelated games, especially with Java, but I also have some experience with Unity and C#.

Up until now, I took part to the Brackeys Game Jam 2021.1 and to the
GMTK Game Jam 2022.

Have a good day!
Safak_Hamlet
Level 0

Hamlet Games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11744 on: August 21, 2022, 05:43:15 AM »

Hello There  Gentleman I'm Safak from Istanbul. I've been busy with game development for over 4 years now. (and never even knew this forum existed) I love storytelling with visuals, and ever since I was introduced to game development, this enthusiasm kept me going.

After failing and stopping working on a gazillion projects I finally believe we will finish a (hopefully) a really good passion project. We call ourselves Hamlet Games. We are currently working on a game called "Emberbane" (Avatar: TLA-inspired game). I will be posting to get your feedback and to get you hyped up about it.

Have a wonderful day. See you around  Beer!

andymeto
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11745 on: August 22, 2022, 09:40:37 AM »

Hello,
My name is Andy and I'm new here to these forums. Looking for a place to mention the games I am work on, as well as check out some of the other things that people have been working on. I used to make videogames when I was in high school back in the early 2000s, but I just recently got back into it again during COVID. I experimented with a few horror games, which are a dime a dozen, but have learned a lot through it.

Recently I've been making silly games that might not be absolutely groundbreaking gameplay wise, but are more novelty games that are usually worth a good chuckle or two. I don't really have a lot of time with work and kids to dedicate to a very deep project, but making the little goofy games has been a fun way to spend my free time.
Bayun
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11746 on: August 23, 2022, 08:34:20 AM »

Greetings!

My name is Alex, I am a game designer at the Flyin Dogs indie studio. Currently working on the Tales of Bayun project.

Despite some programming knowledge (C#, Python, Java) and experience with both Unity and Unreal Engine, my true passion in creating interesting worlds, filling them with intriguing stories and interesting characters.

I've been into gaming for dozens of years, starting from good old RPGs like Neverwinter Nights, Fallout, Planescape: Torment, Diablo, TES: Arena and still enjoying the recent masterpieces including Disco Elysium, Elden Ring and many others.

See ya across this forum! Wizard

Current project — The Tales of Bayun — narrative adventure game / visual novel with RPG elements set in a grim fantasy world based on eastern european and slavic myths and legends. Demo available on Steam now.
Almoxis
TIGBaby

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11747 on: August 23, 2022, 11:57:54 PM »

Hello everyone!

My name's Angel and I've been making games as a hobby for quite a while now. I started fiddling with Unity I was 12. Most of my teenage years were spent on a series of abandoned projects in my pursuit to make an RPG that's bigger than Skyrim and The Witcher 3 put together (did I mention I'm an idiot?).

I recently quit my job to go full-time indie!

My primary skill is programming, but I enjoy art as well, even though I'm not very good at it.

Favorite games? Hard to narrow it down but the genres I prefer are RTS, RPG and Immersive Sim.

Favorite console - PS2.

Favorite ice cream - pistachio.

See you around!
dklassic
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11748 on: August 24, 2022, 12:53:47 AM »

Hello everyone!

My name is DK Liao and I've been learning making games in my spare time for quite a while now.
I used to work for a game publisher's local branch as a translator and video editor, but now I'm doing fulltime indie with my little experimental game.

I'm learning all the skills required along the game, and seems to work out pretty fine. Though I enjoy solving algorithmic problems more.

I enjoy almost every game, literally. But these days I focus on games that has truly unique take in design that no one has done it before.

I'd like to write some devlogs on my little game to serve as a record and hopefully be useful to someone out there!

Pots_Talos
TIGBaby

2/21/2020 + 8/22/22

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11749 on: August 28, 2022, 10:47:17 AM »

Hello all,

My name is Brian and I've been dabbling in game design for over 10 years. I've only released one title but it taught me a lot and I'm now using everything I've learned to make my second game.

My first title: The Great Gaias
My Second title: Gjallarhorn
d u c k
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #11750 on: August 28, 2022, 08:52:48 PM »

I use godot, crocotile3d & aseprite to make...
petrahugyecz
Level 0

Mother of the noodles ... :D

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11751 on: September 01, 2022, 12:50:02 AM »

Hi everybody.  Smiley

My name is Petra and I'm from Hungary. I'm a professional game developer for more than 4 years now, and this year, I started my biggest adventure ever ...
I started to work on my very own game with my boyfriend (who is also a senior game developer Grin).

I'll be honest, it's been a rough 6 months, but I'm very proud of the stage I reached. But sometimes, it can be stressful not knowing what the future holds for you...  Shrug

Anyway, I hope I'll find some fella game dev here who are in the same situation.  Wink
Cheers,
Petra
trei
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11752 on: September 02, 2022, 12:14:11 PM »

Hello guys, I'm kind of indie game developer. I like programming and computer graphics. Gamedev is not my main job, but I spend my free time on it.
mousekite
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #11753 on: September 05, 2022, 11:27:17 AM »

Hey All,

Software engineer hoping to chat about game dev stuff. Smiley
VoidChamber
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11754 on: September 12, 2022, 08:34:34 AM »

Hello,

My name is Jony, I'm from Finland.

I am a programmer.

I'm currently working on my first commercial game ( named 'Cracked').

I'm bad at introducing myself, so that's it.
astro_camille
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #11755 on: September 15, 2022, 05:57:14 PM »

Hi all, I'm Camille.

I've been working with the Unity engine for over 12 years now, mostly for "serious games" such as immersive training, simulations, and digital twins for remote operations. Have also made mobile games, VR training, and have done a number of game jams.

I'm a generalist so can do a mix of programming, art, graphics, and I also enjoy the marketing side. I feel I have a lot of things I could make but I really struggle with perfectionism on the idea - I refuse to start a project until I know it's one I really want to make, so I end up making nothing!! Really hoping to change that now.
jon-mil-92
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11756 on: September 16, 2022, 12:27:39 PM »

Hello fellow programmers and game-makers!

I'm a computer science student that loves all things technology; especially game-related technology. I am currently working on my first game ever through Gamemaker Studio 2. It's a Metroid-themed 8-directional shooter (my next post will be regarding this). I'm almost done with my degree, and I'm looking to increase my knowledge of game development.

I also love overclocking computer hardware. It's another hobby of mine. I was able to get in the top 30 of the world-wide leaderboards for the Superposition 4K Optimized (single-GPU) preset with a 6900 XT.

Looking forward to talking with you all!
CKMelodyThree
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11757 on: September 17, 2022, 07:31:25 AM »

Hello everyone!  I'm Chris!  I've been working with a small group of friends on a Turn Based JRPG made within Unity for the last few years and wanted to start putting ourselves out there.

Pleasure to meet everyone!

ArmouredCyberDan
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11758 on: September 20, 2022, 01:31:03 PM »

Hi all, My names Dan, I am a working software developer currently working on my first game, RuneCaller (Working Title). I have been a lifelong videogame fan and currently study computer science and ai at university.
KKT
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11759 on: September 29, 2022, 07:47:14 PM »

Hi!I am Tiffany, a game player and usually play simulation game, RPG, puzzle game... Nice to meet you all here!
That's all
Pages: 1 ... 586 587 [588] 589 590 ... 601
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic