Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 05:21:23 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 587 588 [589] 590 591 ... 601
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1952492 times)
BearsSmileGames
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11760 on: September 30, 2022, 12:21:02 AM »

Hi, we are Bears smile team) https://www.bearssmile.com/

Bears smile is an independent game studio which is currently developing stealth-action adventure Legacy 1917.

We are backed by experience in IT, illustration, cinema, music and design.

Our mission is to create games which drive anti-war agenda, motivate people and tell stories which justify being good against the odds and sometimes brutal circumstances.

« Last Edit: September 30, 2022, 02:22:02 AM by BearsSmileGames » Logged
Golds
Loves Juno
Level 10

Juno sucks

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11761 on: September 30, 2022, 01:50:35 AM »

Hey CKMelodyThree, really like the style of your Polestar game. Love the mix of 3d + traditional cel-based animation characters. Haven't seen a look like that before. Good luck with development!

@doomlaser, mark johns
KorbohneD
Level 0

Doing nothing all the time.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11762 on: October 03, 2022, 01:09:30 PM »

Heyho,

my alias in the world wide web is called KorbohneD and I am a writer, developer and game designer that often starts way bigger projects than he should.

I am currently working on lots of TTRPG stuff, have my own website over at www.korbohned.com and am currently programming games again, which is a lot of fun!

I did some games in the past, which can be viewed over at my itchio page https://korbohned.itch.io/

Right now I am looking forward to interacting with this community and to check out what everyone is making : D

(also follow me on twitter under @korbohned and I will make sure to connect with you! ; D)

cheers!
ArcaneInput
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #11763 on: October 04, 2022, 02:00:12 PM »

Hey,

In my 30s, Canadian, pretty much a life long video gamer and board game lover who works a pretty boring office job that has absolutely nothing to do with game development.

I'm fairly new to gamedev and mainly have just participated in game jams here and there.

As of this year I actually set a goal to release something instead of having a folder full of unfinished projects. I don't have a lot of game developer friends and so I've lived vicariously through reddit/discord groups of *real* devs talking to each other. Somehow I made my way here and it's so cool to see a forum.. that's still active in 2022!

Edwin1987
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #11764 on: October 04, 2022, 08:24:34 PM »

Hi my name is Edwin, I am an indie game developer. I am from Indonesia, it's a country that has Bali in it but I live in Bandung city. I was a hardcore gamer. I like the fantasy and sci-fi things. I think they are very beautiful especially about the creativity. I now want to contribute to the world by bringing fun and entertainment in video games.

My skills that I think I can do to help people right now are unreal engine, blender, games, if anybody wants to talk about them it's free to talk to me, I hope I can give a little help at least.

I am currently running a video game project together with my friends in a very small team. I really hope my first game can start to fullfil my dream and bring joy to the world. I am making a simple multiplayer game right now, hopefully I can get it ready to test soon.

I am hoping I can get to know people more, talk about my endevour and people may help my dream come true. Besides that I also like to talk about other games / movies or any other else besides politics or war. I am a person who likes peace and the unity of the world.

Thank you before, I really hope I can enjoy the good community.
plasticlove
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #11765 on: October 08, 2022, 03:54:20 AM »

hello. I am developing a game by myself.

I want to talk to and learn from more people.

Cheesy
sirchris
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11766 on: October 08, 2022, 12:18:18 PM »

hi, i am chris a part time game dev from england, i wanted to say hi to everyone here and announce im making a free to play cross platform
 role playing game that runs in the browser using babylon js, using the tech from games like infini-miner / minecraft but  aiming for a more fallout new vegas style by the end of it, currently you can fly around and probably (almost definitely!) crash your mobile phone browser with it, but most desktop pc's should handle it , ( chrome is around 2x faster at this point) , yes there are many bugs! looking forward to hearing feedback from people following my progress and welcome any ideas anyone has and if anyone wants to help with it i would love to talk to you!

i will upload the ongoing build at:

https://www.thevvell.com
( click to use mobile touch controls for now adding keyboard later Smiley )

cheers

chris.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2022, 12:27:53 PM by sirchris » Logged
StrangeShift
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11767 on: October 12, 2022, 04:53:59 AM »

Hello !  Smiley

My name is Matt, I'm from Canada and I am developing my game called "Chasing the Unseen".

I used to work in VFX but thought I'd give game dev a try and see how it goes.

I'm working mainly with Unreal Engine and Houdini.

Cheers  Durr...? !

phanual
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11768 on: October 12, 2022, 06:21:07 PM »

Hello,

I'm trying to develop a relaxing adult game. Not sure picking that theme for a first game was a great idea, but oh well.

I'm using LÖVE though I do miss how compiled languages catch more errors before you even run the program, I do enjoy the increased development speed.

It's also awesome to see that the first post in the introduction thread was made by Derek Yu, as I have played a lot of his games. Smiley

igorgalochkin
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11769 on: October 13, 2022, 04:29:10 AM »

Hi everyone!

I've been in the games industry since 2000 in various roles, from game reviewer to game programmer to indie developer. I mostly enjoy turn-based strategy games and indie puzzles.

I'm new here. Will be happy to help other devs out with playtesting. Also, thanks for playtesting the games I'm going to post here in the future!
Senespera
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11770 on: October 15, 2022, 10:02:47 AM »

Greetings, voidlings!

My name is Senespera and I don't eat dismembered corpses. I'm currently working solo on my first commercial release; my first couple of games were meme games that I shared more or less privately. Then I made Cueless, a small game about a billiards ball doomed to endlessly strike other balls until a black-and-white personification of fear either leaves it bruised or takes it out of the cycle.
Yeah, I tend to add philosophical subtext onto everything I touch Gentleman.

My first brush with game creation was back when I decided to boot up a Warcraft III level editor. That thing made your imagination run wild. My brother and I created what today would be called an AU. I must've been ~12 at the time.
Fast forward 4 years or so of nothing whatsoever happening.

Then I finally tried Undertale. A game crafted over many years by mostly one person. The amount of inspiration inside me reached critical mass. I downloaded GameMaker (partially as a tribute to Undertale, partially because my PC at the time could barely handle Unity) and got to gamemaking. The rest is - not-yet-written - history.

I think it's good practice for every gamer to have a Golden Shelf where all of one's favorite/most influential games (or other pieces of art, for that matter) proudly sit. So, here's what mine mostly looks like: Ace Attorney (all of em), The Beginner's Guide, Blocks That Matter, Cargo Commander, Fable - The Lost Chapters, Final Fantasy XIV, Galactic Civilizations II, Game Dev Tycoon, Gone Home, Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus R, Iconoclasts, Indie Game: The Movie (I still listen to this one in the background while gamemaking), Just Cause 2, Killing Floor, Left 4 Dead 2, LEGO Star Wars, Magicka, Max Payne, Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance, Mount & Blade: Warband, Not For Broadcast, OneShot, Scribblenauts Unlimited, Serious Sam 3, Spore, Jedi Academy, TimeShift, Undertale, VVVVVV, Warcraft III and probably a bunch of games not on my Steam profile.

My favorite part of gamemaking is writing, followed by art, followed by music, with programming at the miserable last place.

My hope in joining this community is to promote the №#@! out of my game insert my unwanted opinions into other people's projects and generally be an annoyance as long as it doesn't break the rules.

Greetings, voidlings!
d40route
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11771 on: October 15, 2022, 04:38:10 PM »

My name is D40route, I am from France but currently living in the US.

I have been making small games for almost 10 years now, with game maker at first, then python, godot and Unity..
I mostly enjoy strategy and management games as a player.

sebiTCR
Level 0

I Dunno

View Profile
« Reply #11772 on: October 15, 2022, 09:28:32 PM »

Hi, I'm SebiTCR, a random artist creating random games.
I've been passionate about making games since I was young (still remember those times when I was making up some irl games to play with my friends), and since my passion also came from the world of cinematography, I love writting stories and telling them in a more interactive way.

In the past I used to develop games and visual novels for my friends only, but in 2020 I published my first game,Codename:CVD (https://gamejolt.com/games/CCVD/492608). I did most of the things (art, music, programming), but I was also helped by a friend when designing the map and by our small community that shared some feedback and ideas with us.

Because the development happened during the pandemic, the action takes places in a hospital. The game was simple:
  • Deliver meds to your  patients
  • Kill viruses
  • Just don't die.
You had five minutes to do all of these things, and more and more patients would come to your hospital. I had in mind to add some boss battles and more exciting stuff, but I quit and started working on three more prototypes that were canceled (due to bad planning).

Having my lessons learned, I'm now working on a game similar to C:CVR, however it will be more close to my original idea. I can't wait to show it to the world, because I have a feeling that's going to be liked by those working in the pharmaceutical domain!
Nezuyaki
Level 0

Hi ho! Indie dev & Content Creator

View Profile
« Reply #11773 on: October 25, 2022, 05:09:07 PM »

Oh boy, I haven't written in a forum like this in a hot minute!

Hi! I'm Nez (Nezuyaki), and I'm a content creator, software engineer, and game developer!

Video games have been in my life for as long as I can remember: my fondest memory is my father playing Monkey Island on PC with both my sister and I, watching in awe as pixels just magically walked on by on those prehistoric, bulky PCs. I grew up playing a lot of MMOs, but gradually branched out to all different game genres as I found that each had its own beauty to behold.

Fast forward to today: I' ma fresh graduate from college with a degree in software engineering, which I earned from double majoring in computer science and video game development. Many of my projects have been received well from friends, family, and peers however, I want to expand my circle of friends to find more indie devs just as passionate as I am in the craft!

When it comes to game design, I'm almost a jack of all trades: I'm an artist, programmer, designer, and even manager (had some producer roles under my belt). I am lacking in the audio department, but I can't know everything!

Here's a link to my semi-outdated portfolio:
https://erinalvarico.wixsite.com/2022portfolio

I try to stream indie games and consume as many video games from different genres as possible to expand my knowledge as a developer. I primarily live stream, so if you ever are interested in seeing me play and analyze video games, just search up "Nezuyaki" and you'll find me!

I think that about wraps up my introduction: thank you for welcoming me into your community! Toast Left

Nezuyaki
---------------------------------------------------
Content Creator, Software Engineer & Game Developer
Alexander Poltarzhitsky
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #11774 on: October 26, 2022, 04:11:43 AM »

Hello everyone!

We are independent developers from Minsk, Belarus.

I am Alexander (on the right in the photo) and my friend Sergey (on the left).

I was a photographer and videographer, and Sergey was a cook.
But over time, we realized that game dev is what we want to do.
About three years ago, we saved up money, left our jobs and started self-education.

For more than a year we have been working on a surreal isometric open world rpg.
Sergey is responsible for programming and assembling game elements on the Unreal Engine,
and I do everything else…

I plan to launch a devlog here in the near future.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2022, 04:44:38 AM by Alexander Poltarzhitsky » Logged
josephm
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11775 on: October 27, 2022, 05:14:29 AM »

Hi, I'm Joseph, from England.

This summer I released my first game: https://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=73808.0

Looking forward to developing more!

derekevers
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11776 on: October 30, 2022, 03:11:23 AM »

Hi.
I'm Derek John Evers.  I'm an audio producer and game designer.  I've released small webgames, the most popular one is Tag the Flag.  I also got better at sound design over the years, I've sold some on Unreal Engine, they're called Fuzzy Wuzzy.  I'm releasing Super Uriel this Spring on Steam. My favorite video game is Street Fighter 4.  I played a lot of Street Fighter 2 as a kid.  I like Mario too. Addicted

Friendly Hello
Lir_Iorin
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11777 on: October 31, 2022, 05:52:39 AM »

Hello  Smiley

I'm a game programmer, with AI being most fun for me. I first had the real drive to get into games when I was in hospital. Circumstances were bad, but I played a game they had that really helped me out, and I just thought, while looking at the credits, that giving that experience to other people would be a dream come true.

Kind of a rocky journey, you know. No one hand holding, so you jump around a lot and have motivation issues. Started with picking up a course to help with drawing using stuff like gimp or krita. After that, went into game engines and programming. I eventually finished my own project, which was great, but what I really need is better stability.

At the moment, I'm looking for a team to work with on better, faster projects. I feel like I'd really enjoy it.

ramsayfrodo
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11778 on: October 31, 2022, 09:14:16 PM »

Hi there!

I'm a programmer based out of Colorado, USA. I'm coming up on 4 years working in the games and interactive entertainment industry. I've helped update/port a few games for my studio https://store.steampowered.com/app/366050/Star_Balls/ as well as having worked on this https://thedisneyblog.com/2022/02/25/meet-d3-09-star-wars-galactic-starcruiser-halcyons-ai-logistics-droid/

When I'm not working at my day job I'm usually goofing around in Unreal or Unity trying to improve my design knowledge. Hopefully at some point I'll have a game project to post here, but in the meantime just looking to join this cool group!
NerdyPunkDev
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11779 on: November 01, 2022, 07:44:03 PM »

Hi, I'm Tulio and I am a solo game developer from Tegucigalpa, Honduras which BTW is a city I don't like. At the moment I'm a full time game dev and content creator but I have been many things before. For better or worse I would say I am a jack of all trades but a master of none in anything that has to do with computers. I started working on my own game SPACEMAN MEMORIES after my past startup went kaput. I thought that it was a nice moment in my life to finally start working on something for younger self after goofing around with game development for many years. My game is a JRPG somewhat inspired by the classic pokemon games which are the ones I played the most in my childhood with my sister at the beginning of the 2000s in an IBM Thinkpad through emulators. I hope to learn from all of you guys and I am also keen to share my devlogs and help in any way I can. If you want to check out my work you can visit www.nerdypunk.dev
Pages: 1 ... 587 588 [589] 590 591 ... 601
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic