Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411500 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 01:25:50 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 588 589 [590] 591 592 ... 601
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1952071 times)
FromLefcourt
TIGBaby

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11780 on: November 05, 2022, 01:36:42 PM »

Hey, my name is Steven, and I've been around off and on for ages. Used to post under HiddenNatureDSN, but I've long since abandoned that moniker. I'm now a full time game developer and freelance illustrator. Previously released Arcane Golf, and my most recent game is Gunlocked, a roguelite shmup, and my biggest success as a developer so far. Hoping to be a bit more active in the indie scene, now that things have settled for me. Hope to get to know some of you!
jbap13
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11781 on: November 05, 2022, 04:58:03 PM »

Hello everyone! My name is Jonathan, I am from Argentina. Since I was a child I loved computers and for a few months I began to develop games and applications for Android. A few weeks ago I launched my first game, tikuScape!, a maze puzzle game where we have to help Tikus, a rat, to escape from a laboratory.

I am happy to join this community!
andersnk
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11782 on: November 10, 2022, 10:50:02 AM »

Hi everyone
Anders here from Denmark. Played video games since age 5 when my sister had a gameboy for christmas. Started dabbling with creating my own in 2013 together a friend from university. We started from absolute scratch and ever since we've been learning every step of the way. We probably should have spent time on a forum such as this, as you all probably could have told us about the many downfalls we've hit :D
The project has evolved over the years in several different ways and we've had a lot of breaks due real life taking it's toll. The game has a fairly uncommon twist, at least we didn't know any other similar games back when we started, but a few have popped up since. Tt's finally shaping up for a release and I'm hoping to hear some good ideas about garnering attention for our game, as there is nothing we'd love more than to have a lot of people enjoy it :D
Looking forward to being a part of this community, hopefully I can contribute something myself.
EdLytle
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11783 on: November 10, 2022, 08:06:42 PM »

Hi, I'm Ed, and I'm currently trying to make my work get more attention so I have a better idea of how to improve it in the future. I've loved games for pretty much all my life and have been able to experience firsthand just how good they are at bringing people together and creating great memories. My major goal is to get in on that and bring great experiences to people that they remember for the rest of their lives.
edgerunnerdev
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11784 on: November 13, 2022, 08:42:03 AM »

Hello everyone Smiley

My name's Pedro and I've been a games developer for quite a long time. I tend to prefer the very technical side of things, which has led me to write my own engine in C++. It has taken a _long_ time on and off, but it has been very educational and has opened quite a few doors throughout the years.

Having learned so much from people and having been able to build certain things only due to the work of others via open source projects, I've decided to release my work under an open source as well.

Things have been progressing smoothly, but there's still a lot I want to do.

Other interests from my side include motorbiking and cats Wink
Moswig
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #11785 on: November 13, 2022, 10:02:23 PM »

Hey everyone!
I'm Joaquín from Argentina. I'm a solodev but also working in two game studios!
I've been doing this for like seven years now and I really can't believe I didn't know this forum until today.
I'm not very good with social media (that doesn't help my projects haha  Tears of Joy), and really missed places like this!

I also have a cat called Taiga Cake Pururina Smiley

All the content you have here is amazing, I can get lost for hours!
(Sorry for my english)  Embarrassed
ILPALA
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #11786 on: November 16, 2022, 07:04:19 AM »

Hi, I'm Andrea from Italy. I'm an indie game dev and recently published on Steam my first game made with unity (3 years of hard work).
There isn't any more thing to say  Cheesy
gorf
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11787 on: November 18, 2022, 02:13:37 PM »

yo I'm sam. UK based indie dev working on a dystopian narrative game. I mainly do art for our game.

Work Hard | making CorpoNation
kitkatng
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11788 on: November 21, 2022, 05:00:03 AM »

Hello! I'm kitkat and currently a student at a game development course. I am excited to be here!
JonBednez
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11789 on: November 21, 2022, 01:09:11 PM »

Hello!

My name is Jon Bednez. In my spare-time, I enjoy snowboarding, playing music, working on games with Unity, and drinking wine.

I would love to create indie games and work on them full time in the future, but for now, I create for fun.

When I was young, I used to play a wide range of games - Lemmings, Duke Nukem, Warcraft, Starcraft, Doom, Unreal Tournament, Mario, (honestly, there are a lot).

But some of the first games I played that got me hooked on gaming was on DOS. (Jazz the Jackrabbit, Bio menance, Commander Keen, Monster Bash, Terminal Velocity).

Those games were part of my childhood. And I can't believe how much the industry has evolved since then.

I'm a big fan of a lot of game genres. But I really like strategy and puzzles, so I'm currently working on one that is like Lemmings.

I'm excited to be here, and I look forward to being a part of the community. Thank you for having me.

Domino Studios
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11790 on: November 25, 2022, 12:59:18 AM »

Hi MelVin here.

I ran helped with and then ran Codutility.com for almost 10 years. Am about to release my first solo dev indie game. Adventures of DaKoo the dragon.
https://store.steampowered.com/app/2011440/Adventures_of_DaKoo_the_Dragon/

Little  history, first game I remember playing was asteroids on a table top arcade at a neighbors house. first PC game was called load runner. Always loved video games and comic art. First PC was a P3 500. Been a PC gamer ever since.
Uchida
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #11791 on: November 25, 2022, 06:36:45 PM »

Hello, I'm trying to make my pixel art move around and want to share the journey with others. Hand Thumbs Up Left
varagtp
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11792 on: November 26, 2022, 07:24:34 AM »

Hi!

I am Daniel and I have been making games for a long time (I think my first game was made in Click and Play 20+ years ago or so)

I started with game dev for real though about 10-15 years ago and have so far been making quite a number of small solo projects. My most successful game is called Plantera and I am currently working on the sequel to that game (Plantera 2: Golden Acorn)

Even though I can survive of making games now and have my own "solo business" my goal has always been to try to keep the spirit of a hobbyist and my developing style is very laid back and relaxed. I try to clock in a number of hours each week, but I also try to follow my sense of motivation and because of this my work amount can vary wildly between periods.

So far I have only developed 2D games but I intend to dip into 3D soon.

otaviorosa
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11793 on: December 02, 2022, 09:09:26 AM »

hello!
I'm Otavio Rosa, I live in Brazil and I'm an indie game developer. my work is inspired by gameboy in a cuter way. I've been working on a project that brings together mechanics from classic games like Chocolatier and Farm Frenzy. I've been posting some stuff on ig orosa_devlog.

thanks aaand that's it for now.

Korda
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11794 on: December 03, 2022, 08:50:39 PM »

Hi All,
I'm Korda. I'm a 3D artist from Australia. I've dabbled in almost all parts of gamedev at some point or another. Started out with 3D Studio before they added the Max. Made some simple games with Game Maker and Flash. I had been away from the scene for a while whilst doing architectural visualisation work but I'm back now and working on an ambitious sci-fi racing game. Wish me luck!
Rebel Egg Games
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11795 on: December 15, 2022, 03:48:44 AM »

Hiya all!

We're a tiny indie dev team working on Innkeeper's Basement - a roguelike card game inspired by the classic Minesweeper.

You can play it for free here: https://rebelegggames.itch.io/innkeepers-basement

Happy to learn your feedback!

MKingdom
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11796 on: December 17, 2022, 03:24:11 AM »

My name is Yashua Lebowitz. I'm the lead everything here at Jericho studios. My mother is the owner. I used to serve in the United States Army and I'm Iraqi war veteran. I received my honorable discharge and hung out in US for some time but became unsatisfied with my life there. So I moved to India, met my wife here, and started a videogame café. During this time my interest in video games, especially RPGs, grew. I started making games on RPG maker and then switched over to Unreal Engine which I've been working on for the past two to three years while running my videogame café which has hit hard times because of Corona. Now with my videogame café almost completely shut down I devote my entire time to developing video games. I currently developing a game named Reditus with Unreal Engine.

« Last Edit: December 17, 2022, 05:19:37 AM by MKingdom » Logged
Authorizer
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #11797 on: December 21, 2022, 11:42:30 PM »

Hello everyone Smiley,

The name is Authorizer and I'm an aspiring game developer. Currently, I'm working towards improving my skills as both a game designer and developer.

I'm looking forward to learn from and be a part of the community.
solsticecm
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11798 on: December 29, 2022, 01:35:53 PM »

Hey there!

My name is Liam (I go by Solstice online) and I'm a community manager for a small indie studio! I'm still very new to the videogame industry and always excited to meet new people/find new communities!

The game our studio is working on is called Dragonspire and we're working super hard to get it out there so everyone can try it out!
Computerblade
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11799 on: January 03, 2023, 06:05:28 AM »

I am a game developer, an extremely tiny game developer. I am making my racing game and will share the progress logs of the development after I enter the 1st stage of success. We 4 members work at a group called IndiaIndie, it's at Discord!

Cblade
The guy behind Medieval Fighters
Also the guy who is a procrastinator
Pages: 1 ... 588 589 [590] 591 592 ... 601
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic