Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411507 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 26, 2024, 03:23:01 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 589 590 [591] 592 593 ... 601
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1952304 times)
fizlok
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #11800 on: January 04, 2023, 02:30:02 PM »

Hey, I go by fizlok. I am an amateur game developer and pixel artist. I recently graduated with a degree in computer science and I'm going to start working on some full game projects. I have a lot of experience with starting small projects, but not a lot with finishing them so far, so I hope to being a community member can keep me on track. I will be posting devlogs soon and I hope to meet a lot of you.

I look forward to be a part of this community!
Nefr0l
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11801 on: January 07, 2023, 01:57:40 AM »

I'm guy who make some games and pixel art.

But if you want to know more, here it goes.

I'm young developer from Poland. I love making games but I think sometimes It's a really frustrating process. I'm using Unity for making games and Aseprite for pixel art which is my favorite art style.

Hmmm, and that's all  Smiley
HiSv Studio
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11802 on: January 09, 2023, 12:10:59 PM »

Hey fellow gamedevs,
we are Daniel and Sven from HiSv Studio. We live in Germany and started coding 2020 with the begin of covid pandemic. What first started as a fun project became serious by time.

We were passionate gamers as we were younger but now in our mid-30's there is very less time to dive into deep gaming experiences. Now when there's some spare time we keep working on our game what is also fun.

The indie community is great and we had a great journey so far. We wish everybody all the best for your projects. Make your dreams come true!
Lulullia
TIGBaby

INTJ worldbuilder, storyteller, gamedev and artist

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11803 on: January 09, 2023, 01:41:59 PM »

Youhou!

I'm Lulullia, 19yo, and I'm a worldbuilder first, storyteller second, I can draw and am currently trying out pixel art, and lastly, I combine all of these interests into gamedev!

The only gas giant of my world's system, and its rings/moons!

For me, gamedev is just a means to an end: bring my world and stories to life. So, I heavily focus on immersion in my current game project. In any game I hate having to grind in order to continue experiencing the story, or being flung out of immersion state by end-of-stage screens, or just in general, when the story is just pasted onto the game. So I'm embarking on the gamedev journey in order to make the most immersive "interactive experience" possible!

As to why I chose games over novels or comics... It's simple, it's not interactive (aka immersive) enough! After some years going that way, I ultimately realized games were the best medium for my stories.

I'm still in the very early stages, because my world is not developed enough yet. Next comes the actual story, and it's only then that I can begin actual production - but until then, I have plenty of time to prototype and try out things! I'll begin the first prototype (which may become the proof-of-concept) soon, that's why I searched for a good community to share stuff with!

I hope to have a nice and fun time here :D

Some links if you want to take a peek at my art/stuff: https://lulullia.tumblr.com/ | https://uthlabs.itch.io/
ShakeyJakey
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11804 on: January 14, 2023, 05:24:54 PM »

Hello, I'm Jakey. I'll be making plenty of old-fashioned pixel art games: Adventure, horror, puzzle, platformer, strategy, simulation, you name it! I've got a whole bunch of ideas worked out. I'm more of a concept dev, so I'll do my best with the artwork, music and programming (I do everything). I'll be learning as I go and pushing the boundaries with every release.

I was going to get into filmmaking, but game development fits me much better. I like to look at game design like crafting a digital puppet show.

I intend to be releasing projects on a fairly regular basis, which I can do because the games are pixel-art and retro-design based. My little company is called Fraternity Games and you can find me on itch.io. https://fraternitygames.itch.io/

My next game is releasing in the next few days, it's called "Miner Maxine".
Sanlas2012
Level 0

The Internet Cryptid

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11805 on: January 23, 2023, 12:41:29 PM »

Hi, my name is Santino and I have been trying to make video games since middle school.

I mostly use Gamemaker Studio 2 and Unity but I've been learning C++. I'm also decent at pixel art.

I hope to one day release my own game.

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously
IceNineOcean
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11806 on: January 28, 2023, 11:44:30 AM »

Hello! I'm Claire, an indie game dev, have done a few game jams and a couple solo projects. Mainly have experience in 2D and trying to branch into 3D. Both a artist and programmer, looking to grow in both aspects and get feedback and learn!
AdenBoi
« Reply #11807 on: January 30, 2023, 03:36:00 PM »

Hello, my name is AdenBoi, and I'm a hobbyist game dev who makes small (and not very good) games in GameMaker. I also do very small programs in Java and C++.

GameJolt: https://gamejolt.com/@flyingchickenman

IndieDB: https://www.indiedb.com/members/adenboi

Buh-bye!  Smiley
« Last Edit: August 22, 2023, 08:09:09 AM by AdenBoi » Logged
coleModelo
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11808 on: January 31, 2023, 02:24:10 PM »

Hey all,

I'm coleModelo a front-end web developer who is rolling the dice and transitioning into indie game development. I've been lurking for a couple weeks now and am excited to actually post & take part in the community! Currently, learning Godot/GDScript and Pixel Art. If anyone is looking to network and connect these are my socials,

https://twitter.com/coleModelo
https://gamejolt.com/@coleModelo

Cheers, look forward to getting to know ya'll!!

Beyond the walls of intelligence, life is divine.
WilfreGD
« Reply #11809 on: February 04, 2023, 03:35:45 AM »

Hi everyone,
My name is Wilfre and I am a game developer from France. Well... I'm technically a web dev but I spend most of my time making games!

I've used Unity, Unreal, and made my own Engines (using SFML as a base and such) for years before switching to Godot a year ago. I love creating complex projects and got stuck in the "new idea" hell, but I'm having fun with all of my experiments!

I'm looking forward to be a part of the community Smiley
Psychefunk
Level 0

冷静に熱くなれ

View Profile
« Reply #11810 on: February 08, 2023, 09:31:53 PM »

Hi there everyone. Konnichiha. Hallo!
I go by Psychefunk. I'm a game developer who lived in Japan for about 11 years and worked on games professionally for the latter 6 and a half years. I'm currently residing in my home country, South Africa. I returned a few days ago and am working on a game, full time.

I make games in my own engine/framework using Monogame: https://www.monogame.net/
I mainly make pixel art games as that is my specialty, but one day I would like to create smaller 3D games.

I'm currently working on a project called "Project Messias" (working title). A linear 2D action game focused on rock-paper-scissors-style counters and pulling off stylish combos. I will start a devlog soon.
In the meantime, here's a rough mockup of my project:

Here's my twitter: https://twitter.com/thepsychefunk
I will try to post more often now that I am working on my project full time.
Yoroshiku!
z_ro
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11811 on: February 09, 2023, 07:59:24 PM »

Yo!

I'm Zach and I'm a writer by trade (and by night  Noir ).

I write fiction and poetry and more: https://zacharyroush.substack.com/

But I really love Video Games soooo I'm following the rabbit hole to see where it leads.

Currently learning interactive writing via Twine, and trying a bit every day to learn Python so far.

Stoked to be here with all of you  Coffee

"Before that, my life was always agitated by a tangle of tricks, feints and illusions intended to outwit the countless lures that tried to turn me into anything but a writer.” - GGM
Aks
TIGBaby

Ask Aks!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11812 on: February 16, 2023, 09:47:21 AM »

Hi all, I am Oleks, UX/UI designer. Like many others I'm here because I'm making my own game. I am glad to join the community of game developers and happy to find a place where I can tell about my project and hear opinions of professionals  Wink
« Last Edit: February 16, 2023, 09:54:32 AM by Aks » Logged

Game Director
delgoodie
Level 0

small time gamedev, big time gamer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11813 on: February 17, 2023, 07:16:01 AM »

Hi I'm Will, a college student studying aerospace. I'm making a multiplayer FPS in zero-gravity! I'm so happy I found TIG, seems like exactly the right place to interact with other game devs. I program in C++, Python, Java, and JS, I 3D model in Blender, I'm making my game in UE5, and I animate in-engine.

delgoodie
Spilynx
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #11814 on: February 18, 2023, 07:47:51 AM »

Hello there everyone, greetings.

I'm Spilynx, a gamer and also a game developer. Most of the games I played in recent years are indie games, and I decided to create one years ago. Now I am working on my indie game project now and the infra frames of both the engine and the game are nearly completed. My friend told me about this place today and I signed up at the first minute. It is exciting to find so many amazing projects and dev logs in this community. And I am ready to join. I may post a dev log soon if everything in the project goes well.  Coffee
Rickard
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11815 on: February 19, 2023, 06:38:09 AM »

If this doesn't trigger an alarm, I don't know what will.
I apparently registered on the forum in March, 2011. 12(!) years later I decide to write my first post (which of course is the obligatory introduce yourself post).

I called myself an indie developer a long time (12 years) ago. Then I guess life happened. I recently found myself with more time on my hands and decided to have another go.

I'm currently in the final stages of developing "Marvelous Marbles", a marble run maker destined to be released on Steam sometime this spring. I will make a dedicated post for it in the Townhall.

Cheers,
Rickard  Gentleman
juna8001
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #11816 on: February 23, 2023, 05:15:11 AM »

Hello!

I'm a game developer from Poland. I work commercially since 2017, worked on the deck-building rogue-lite Tainted Grail: Conquest. Currently, I'm working on another card-based game names Xenotheria. I used to work on mobile games and Unity tools too. Apart from commercial work, I'm working on my personal project, an unnamed party/sports game about airplanes playing soccer.

I'm mostly doing programming, but I'm also interested in game design, technical art and tool creation. I love game jams (attended around 40 jams across Poland, Sweden, Slovakia and Germany), where I usually create solo to create interesting, ugly games. A few of them you can find here : https://juna8001.itch.io/

Hopefully, soon I will be able to share my personal projects with you Smiley
gabaghoul
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #11817 on: February 25, 2023, 07:23:32 AM »

Hi, I’m gabaghoul, but I’d rather be called by my government name, gabaghoul.
I’m in my last year of Uni right now and I’m doing a videogame for my thesis. I had some standard knowledge of Unity before this, but I really wanted to get familiar with the ins and outs of the engine so the last few months has really just been me getting my ass kicked by my own inability to read Unity documentation.

My thesis game is gonna be a first person shooter where you control a tiny robot going around in an astronaut’s bloodstream, shooting alien parasites that they got infected with. Both because the technical limitations will keep me from going full psycho, and because it’s a style everyone and their mom is aping nowadays, it's gonna have shitty PS1 style graphics. I’m gonna try to use as many new techniques that I’m not familiar with as I can, like procedural geometry, procedural animation, splines, vector math, shaders and VFX.

Anyway, I am learning a lot so I’ll try to write down any new technique or concepts I get a hold of, to help anyone trying to do something similar, but mainly for future me to remember how tf I did what I did. Again, I’m still learning, so if you see me out here goofing it big time feel free to let me know.
Pray for me, I am boo boo the fool. Shocked
henryarkenberg
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #11818 on: February 26, 2023, 10:44:32 AM »

Hey guys. My name is Danish Zaryab (aka Henry Arkenberg).
I'm in my 4th sem of Uni and have been coding and making small unpublished games since childhood.
I'm currently working on my first game (to be published), and ofcourse it'll be the most basic minecraft copy.
I don't intend to make it like minecraft tho.  Cheesy

Hopefully i make a lot of friends on here, and would love to spread positivity through my (not so) creative game development journey.
That's all folks!  Cool

have some mercy
BeronicaS
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11819 on: March 01, 2023, 01:22:23 AM »

Hello! My name is Beronica Smothers. Art is my passion along with music and gaming. I recently started learning programming thanks to my husband who's whole life is programming and has now infected me with it :D

I am still learning and have made a few of my own games in Blitz Basic. I am also currently working with my husband in a few games, such as an RTS and a jewel puzzle game.
Pages: 1 ... 589 590 [591] 592 593 ... 601
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic