Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411493 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: graysonsolis

April 29, 2024, 07:02:45 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 592 593 [594] 595 596 ... 601
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1953575 times)
MiguelBox
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11860 on: May 10, 2023, 10:54:37 AM »

Hey all!

My name is Miguel and I'm a producer at Shiny Box Games, working on our second game Three Skies. Our first game was/is known as Dungeon Quest! and is still available on iOS/Android. Three Skies is on iOS and Android, and we're currently working to get it on Steam for our official launch in early June.

We're a very small team based out of Houston, TX, just trying to make games that we're proud of with the team we love! Smiley

fioretto
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11861 on: May 11, 2023, 09:42:47 AM »

Hello there Smiley

We are a couple that decided to invest some time into making indie games :p. We are both software engineers but never dipped into any real form of game development, so lots of things to learn . Smiley
StormLord_Gamedev
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11862 on: May 11, 2023, 12:23:38 PM »

Hello everyone. My name is Ilias.
I constantly feel the need to be occupied with creative work.
This includes game design, programing, graphics and music. I have released a couple of games.
My latest project is Banana Fiend Raspberry Killer a stealth game about fruit killing other fruit in funny, creative and absurd ways.
It's inspired by Monty Python's Self-Defence Against Fresh Fruit sketch. It's also parodying the Hitman game series and draws inspiration from several other stealth games.
giovz481
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11863 on: May 11, 2023, 03:28:25 PM »

Hello all!

I am a computer engineer and I like to develop games for fun. I have already worked personally with game development in about 8 years ago, but I never took it forward and never showed to community. Now I have a new project in mind, and I want to develop it slowly on my little free time. My idea now is to disclose my new project to the community. Probably I'm gonna open a DevLogs thread to post updates about my game!

recycicle
Level 0

a cool guy in a pink AJR hoodie.

View Profile
« Reply #11864 on: May 12, 2023, 07:45:44 AM »

oh. i forgot to do this
i am an 18 year old they/them person. most of my day is spent thinking about the many, many plans and ideas tumbling through my head. these ideas include video and board games, webcomics, films, apps, and stuff. here’s my current obsession.

18 year old they/them human. vibes. i drew this cool profile pic, but the website refuses to upload it, regardless of the file format or image host i use.
SaltBox
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11865 on: May 12, 2023, 02:12:32 PM »

Hello!

Travis (A.K.A. SaltBox)

I am transitioning from professional development to indie game development to try and save myself from corporate dread

Currently solo dev'ing, working on my art skills and building my portfolio with small projects.
klg712
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11866 on: May 14, 2023, 11:12:24 PM »

Hi, my name is Lukas.
I'm a Software Developer from Dresden. In 2021 I began to develop games in my free time.
My current project is inspired by World of Warcraft and Warframe.
It is a PvE arena game that revolves around the classical roles of tank healer and damage-dealer.
nimbostratus
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11867 on: May 15, 2023, 04:00:48 PM »

Hello

I am Nick (he/him), I am a indie game developer that loves making the story, level design and other aspects like LORE!!! I also like to program and went to college for it. I am working on a game that is in Beta and have another idea that I would love to get help with once I can. I am 29 and would one day like to make a indie game development business.
DeadpanCancan
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11868 on: May 18, 2023, 04:54:14 AM »

Hi, I'm Sean, solo indie game developer at Deadpan Cancan Studio. My first game, The Delusions of Maximillian Wurst, is currently in development, and the demo of the first few scenes is available on Steam. I'm looking forward to finishing it in the coming months (hopefully with the advice of developers and programmers more experienced than me!) and then working on even more bizarre projects.

7ElevenKevin
Level 0

Funny Monke

View Profile
« Reply #11869 on: May 22, 2023, 04:35:39 PM »

Hey, I'm 7ElevenKevin and I'm an indie dev working on a game called Monkey Punk's Last Resort. It's going to be a 2D Collectathon with an 80s aesthetic. Here's the titular protagonist (who despite his name is actually an orangutan):

I know some may say he looks like something out of Pizza Tower, well here's the truth. Yes, it is based on the works of Danny Antonucci and John R. Dilworth, but more specifically, I'm trying to lean towards the style of their morbid animations done for MTV (Like Lupo the Butcher, Smart Talk with Raisin, The Brothers Grunt, etc.), since MTV was a popular thing in the 80s (and yes I'm aware that 2 of the animations mentioned is actually from the 90s). In a sense, it's like that one (WIP) game I've been seeing that looks like A Hat In Time but isn't anything alike asides the art-style. But hey, how about being the Sonic to Peppino's Mario? (or vice versa I guess, cuz he's the fast one).

Anyways, just a few more words of detail on the game: Like just about every other collectathon, there will be abilities to unlock along the way that can be used to complete specific missions. I plan on adding 2 additional campaigns that can be unlocked upon 100% completion. Monkey Punk's Last Resort is kinda it's own thing, but I guess overall it would be a DK64 spiritual successor (maybe even better because of the stuff I've heard about DK64).
« Last Edit: May 22, 2023, 04:57:13 PM by 7ElevenKevin » Logged

7ElevenKevin the Monkey Man
UUra
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #11870 on: May 26, 2023, 08:07:39 AM »

Hello, I'm Yura (emphasis on 1 syllable).
I am a beginner programmer in C++. All my games will be in the style of the 80s (text style). I'm not in any studio yet.
AlphaM
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11871 on: May 30, 2023, 12:31:08 AM »

Hello everyone,

My name is Alpham Brown, and I am passionate about game development.  Beer!

I utilize the powerful Gamemaker development tool to bring my game ideas to life. It has always been my dream to create and release games for both PC and mobile platforms, providing enjoyable experiences for players worldwide.

As a lifelong gamer, I find great joy in exploring virtual worlds and experiencing the diverse stories and gameplay that the medium offers. Alongside game development, I also love to spend time surfing the net, staying up-to-date with the latest industry trends, and indulging in my love for basketball.

I am excited to be a part of this community and it's a pleasure to meet all of you. Gentleman

Best regards,

Alpham Brown
mishomake
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #11872 on: May 31, 2023, 12:15:18 PM »

Hey everyone, this is RainyDayNew from Misho Make Studios. I'm a scientific programmer by trade, and at one point I liked to make video game soundtracks. Wanting to make soundtracks for a game, I started a small indie studio. At first we had many dropouts, including a graphic artist, a composer, and a writer, but now we have a solid group of four people including myself who will man the project. Unfortunately, I was kicked to project lead because nobody wanted to do that job, and with everything else going on in my life I can only handle one job in this project well. Now I only have the tracks I have composed up until now to rely on for my composer show-off, and will have to let others in the group compose the rest while I manage the project.  Shrug

We have just formally started production on a 2d RPG, and I hope to start a dev-log soon for y'all. We're all hobbyists, but with good skill and talent/experience in various aspects of game design. I'll be handling communications as the project lead.

Thanks.
wambabuluba
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11873 on: June 01, 2023, 05:50:21 AM »

Hello there! I'm Roberto, a gamedev from Spain. I've been lurking for many years, but now I want to start participating with my first devlog  Smiley
GasLanternGames
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11874 on: June 02, 2023, 12:51:51 PM »

Hello everyone! My name is Matt Hoffman and I am the owner and developer of Gas Lantern Games. We are based in the US out of Texas. The studios first release was made in 2021 and we are currently working on our third release. I enjoy developing with Unity. I am looking forward to both gaining and sharing some knowledge!
kkairos
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11875 on: June 02, 2023, 01:55:59 PM »

Hey I'm KKairos/Kaikairos. I do a lot of random projects, including a what seems to be practically a Metroidvania Month ritual at this point. I think I've been on this thread before but I figured I should maybe re-introduce myself since it's been a while. I also have been on a lot of procedural generation kicks. You can find a good portion of my games at https://kkairos.itch.io, and I am hoping to maybe get something on Steam as well in the next year to year and change.

Antelopes
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #11876 on: June 02, 2023, 02:17:16 PM »

Hullo!  My name is Mitchell.. I've been writing games since i was a kid (started on the vic20, where i once managed to get an A to shoot another A with a *). (No, just an asterisk, not A* :] ).

I have worked in the 'industry' for 25-ish years, assembly/C graphics engine on PS1 originally, then later got more into networking and a bit of everything else at some point, C++/C# more recently, but also largely management these days in the day-job (when i have one).  I've been doing hobby projects on the side on-and-off throughout.. that's where the Joy is. Its been great reading through the forums and discord and hearing from like-minded individuals (though, damn.. you youngsters these days are doing so much better stuff than i ever managed! :] ).

I sometimes write and record about current game-dev activities and other random nonsense on my old-school homepage : https://gamesformay.com
Looking forward to hearing and learning more from others who share the addiction.
theekingpixel
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11877 on: June 03, 2023, 01:29:23 AM »

Game developer.
Behold, my maiden voyage into the realm of video game creation.
Undeterred by lack of former programming mastery.
tiramisu_cat
Level 0

Dev @ PastryCats

View Profile
« Reply #11878 on: June 06, 2023, 09:39:38 PM »

Hey, I’m Nina! I’ve been browsing the lawless land of The Internet since I was 7 and have played all sorts of Flash games (RIP) and PBBGs. Got my own PC at 11 and got sucked into MMORPGs like Maplestory and Mabinogi.

Embarrassingly the only original games I’ve actually “finished” are the ones made for my partner’s birthdays. It’s the perfect amount of pressure due to a SUPER strict timeline (there’s no postponing a birthday!). I’ve made:

* a single-level puzzle game with Godot, including a one-song soundtrack (art and mechanics heavily inspired by Baba Is You, even the jiggly animation that only seemed to work in the editor)
* a horse sim / management game using Godot, with achievements for breeding all the genetic combinations, plus a month straight of QOL updates upon request and new features
* a magic school management game built in Twine, where classes have to be scheduled and student needs satisfied, and that she has yet to finish several months after the birthday (also with QOL updates on request)

What I do: I’m a programmer and beginner artist. I’ve studied some music composition and would like to make music with a groovy beat.

The kinds of games I love:

* Games that serve up something new (innovative!) like Forgotten City, Return of the Obra Dinn (introduced me to TIGSource actually), Papers Please, Her Story
* Cosy story adventures like Undertale, Impostor Factory
* Addictive puzzle games like Baba Is You, Portal 2
* Detective / mystery games (my biggest soft spot) like Disco Elysium, Ace Attorney

Anyway, now we’re working on a game together, with a devlog imminent!

Can’t wait to get into all of your devlogs as well  Smiley

PastryCats in development — Crossbreed ingredient cats to make pastry cats with recipes

Blog | Mastodon
Kisuarts
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11879 on: June 07, 2023, 06:00:30 AM »

Greetings! Gentleman

I'm Kisuarts, a game developer from Finland, the land of snow, Santa Claus, and polar bears. (Yes I ride one to work every day and no I will not be answering questions about that.)

I've been developing games for at least 10 years now, I have a wide range of skills that I'm using to create games solo. My games have generally received positive feedback and I'm looking for more people to review my works and to better my craft.

I started my game development journey with RPG Maker My Word! (don't laugh), and nowadays using Unity to create my games.

This is not a place of happy endings.
Pages: 1 ... 592 593 [594] 595 596 ... 601
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic