Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 11:15:08 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 598 599 [600] 601
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1952555 times)
Abashi76
Level 0

I need rpg maker partner.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11980 on: January 14, 2024, 04:45:32 PM »

Desolar
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11981 on: January 19, 2024, 01:05:47 PM »

Hi, I’m Daniel!

Just another developer who took a leap of faith—quit the job and dedicated an entire year to developing a game. It’s been a roller coaster, but all in all, very enjoyable. And finally, I have something to share—my game—Desolar. It is a turn-based tactical dungeon crawler that incorporates elements of a card battler. The game merges the classic look and feel of 90s retro RPGs with the strategic depth of chess. The game is currently available for testing, and all comments are more than welcome. Taste the fruits of my labor, be honest (but not too harsh—I have a sensitive soul). Let’s prove to my girlfriend that I am not delusional.

Thank you very much!

OddityGameWorks
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11982 on: January 22, 2024, 08:47:20 AM »

Hello there,
We are Oddity Game Works, a game development team from Shanghai, having worked in the commercial game industry for over a decade. However, those were not the projects we truly longed for. As we entered middle age, unwilling to have regrets in our passion for the career, we resigned from the online gaming industry and established an independent game studio. The three of us have been into games since the FC era (elementary school), progressing from SFC, MD, PS, NDS to the current PS5, NS, STEAM, experiencing and loving many games along the way.

Our favorite game series is Final Fantasy, with a special fondness for FF12, The Knights of the Round, FFT, FFTA, and FFTA2.Big fans of the producer Yasumi Matsuno. Also enjoy the Assassin Creed, the Call of Duty series, especially COD: Advanced Warfare; he Abyss series in the NAMCO Tales series, including Tales of the Abyss, Tales of Dusk, and Tales of Eternia. Among independent games on STEAM, Rain World, Lucky be a landlord.

As for the team's vision, we hope to develop great RPG games in the future. Recognizing the challenge, we have outlined phased plans—from initial technical accumulation, independent experimentation, to ultimately achieving our goals.
guts!!
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #11983 on: January 22, 2024, 08:58:01 AM »

hi. im guts!!, and ive been fascinated with games practically since i was born. i remember my dad and i playing tf2 and the half life games together. in the past few years ive been far more focused on playing indie games, as i have a jaded opinion on triple A studios. im a big fan of the algorithmic complexities in video games, and not so much the graphics, but theres nothing saying they cannot coincide.

im about to graduate, and i hope to work in the game industry, but i think my best chances are just to continue working on an independent title. publishers like newblood seem promising. speaking of, here are a few games that have significantly influenced my perspective on entertainment.

atmospheric games:
rain world
hollow knight

games i will never master:
league of legends
celeste
your only move is: hustle
ultrakill

games i enjoy minmaxing:
the binding of isaac
caves of qud

my favorite survivals:
rust
minecraft
terraria
starbound (when it was in beta)

games where my boss sucks:
deep rock galactic
lethal company
barotrauma

(you can probably tell im not a fan of story games)
thecianrice
TIGBaby

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11984 on: January 22, 2024, 02:37:45 PM »

Hey all! I've had an account for a while but never actually used it, whoops!

My name's Cian (key-in). I've worked in games professionally in the past at companies like EA, Harmonix Music Systems, and nWay and have been involved in game development community stuff like Boston Festival of Indie Games. I work in AR these days, but I also make games in my spare time. I put out a GameBoy game called POCKET MYSTERY EP back in December, and am working on two RPG Maker games.

I have a YouTube channel where I talk about my game development journey too, would love it if folks subscribed!

Excited to get more involved in the community here and see what cool stuff people are working on. Feel free to follow me on Bluesky as well!

banjotoadstudio
Level 0

who knew they made banjos this small

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11985 on: January 23, 2024, 01:13:50 PM »

Ahoy!

Donald from BanjoToadStudio here. We're an indie developer based out of Atlanta, currently working full time on a PC game called One-Thousand Cuts and a coopetition tcg called Mulligan Stew (which is too early in development to have a link, oops). We started working full time on game development during the SAG + WGA strike in 2023 and will likely continue working on them full time until we're staffed up on a movie again. If you're interested, you can find us on instagram @Banjo.Toad.Studio and @One.Thousand.Cuts. :-)
IndieDevHell
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11986 on: January 23, 2024, 01:55:33 PM »

Hello! It's a pleasure to be here! I'm Óscar, and I'm developing my second video game; the first one was a real failure, and it took me a few years to gather the strength to try again. I hope, with your help, to find the information and support I need to finish this new adventure.

Thank you very much!
Rose Tinted Games
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #11987 on: January 27, 2024, 07:16:28 PM »

Hello all!

I'm a self taught solo dev, I've been making games for a while, but never really finished anything, so I'm hoping to finally change that!

Feel free to check out my Twitter and Youtube channel:-

https://twitter.com/RoseTintedDev
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6fhqKv1CMvDu6sCHdATS9Q

r8teful
TIGBaby

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11988 on: January 31, 2024, 08:03:50 AM »

Hey! Grin My name is Rik, otherwise known as r8teful, I was born in The Netherlands on August 1999 and moved to Sweden at age 6. My interests are in game development and content creation. I have studied Computer Science and also have a master degree in Interaction Design. I love creating games and videos for people enjoy!

I have participated in 6 game jams! You can play them all for free on my itch page! https://r8teful.itch.io/

I am currently working on a bigger game project, a point-and-click horror game!

CHIEF090
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #11989 on: January 31, 2024, 02:42:24 PM »

Hello dear colleagues ! Blink

My name is chief090 and I have been an independent dev for a little over 3 years. Since the beginning, I have been working on the Godot engine which I love!
and this year, I decided to make my passion something much bigger (like making my first paid game)
I am a game dev but also an artist who does not hide his passion for pixels!
creating is my passion and I hope to be able to share my creations with you Grin
https://chief090.itch.io/
ArturKlemens
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11990 on: February 02, 2024, 12:17:26 AM »

Hey everyone, I'm Artur. I would not call myself a game developer, but I have recently participated in my first game jam (where I created the pixel art) and subsequently made my first game. I've always loved videogames, and I see it as a very strong & potent art form. I've just never made any of my own.

I want to learn more about game development & design, and it only seems appropriate to get involved in a community revolving around these topics.
abel_anomaly
Level 0

My name is Abel. Nice to meet you :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11991 on: February 03, 2024, 03:47:32 PM »

Hello! Smiley My name is Abel, and I am a video game developer from Argentina. I also have experience in developing websites using various technologies, but mainly with React. Currently, I am working on my first PC game, called "The State of Nowhere," using Godot Engine. I come to the forum to share the development of my video game with the community.

Greetings! Coffee
BenLesko90
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11992 on: February 06, 2024, 12:15:39 AM »

Hello everyone,
I'm Ben.

I’m a fourth-year student at Abertay University in Scotland, studying Game Design and Production. Growing up playing video games and spending 10 years as a Game Journalist made it natural for me to start this course 4 years ago.

The game I’m currently developing is my Honours Project. It aims to recreate the fun of the first hack-and-slash games while still looking new and fresh. To achieve this, I’m using the HD-2D technique, similar to what Square Enix used in Octopath Traveler, fusing 2D pixels with a 3D environment. The game engine I’m using for this project is Unreal.

I wish to share the development of my Honours Project with you, as I'm streaming it every time I work on it. I hope some of you will find it interesting and that we can have a nice chat about game development, the industry, or anything else Smiley

Created, not born.
MrVeato
Level 0

game designer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11993 on: February 06, 2024, 04:05:12 AM »

Hello there! I'm Denys, specializing in game design and development.

northtwinflower
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11994 on: February 07, 2024, 03:59:26 AM »

Hello, nice to meet everyone!
I'm Linnea Smiley, a game graphics student in Scandinavia mainly specializing in 3D rigging/animation but can also take on the role of 2D/3D generalist.

Got my first console the Nintendo DS (might have actually been a DS Lite) when I was kid, and continued being a pretty casual gamer up until current day. While not the most hardcore gamer, I do enjoy games with a good story to tell which is why I'm mainly into JRPGs or similar story-heavy/focused games. I'm trying to expand my gaming knowledge so I don't mind trying new games or older classics!
Unfortunately, I have trouble playing certain 3D games for longer periods of time (simulator sickness) which makes it a little hard for me to get into them. Sad

I'd love to learn more from you all, and share what I've been working on as well! Maybe even make some friends? Who knows!
Thank you for having me and I hope we can get along! Grin

To my itch.io page! Smiley
Current project I've been working on: Illusrigare [Demo]
Nauti
Level 0

The confused dev

View Profile
« Reply #11995 on: February 07, 2024, 03:53:47 PM »

Hello Everyone!

I'm Chris, and I'm a new kid on the block.

I'm currently using Godot to make my games, since I'm new to game design I decided to start with the easier game engine. Later I plan on learning C++ and Unreal Engine... when I have time.

I love RPGs, Roguelikes, and sandbox games.

And as a game developer I'm obsessed with procedural generation. Making games with an incredible amount of replay value and making each playthrough feel completely different is my passion.

Currently, I'm working on my first commercial game and struggle with not starting new projects of other games I want to make.

What else? I've dabbled with Unity Game engine last year for a brief time. Got too busy to keep up the hobby, and recently picked up game development again about 2 months ago.
Andy
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #11996 on: February 08, 2024, 06:42:20 AM »

Hello everyone, my name is Andy. I'm a hobbyist currently working in Godot. I'm ok with Blender, and good at making sprites and textures in Aseprite. Cave Story
jovlem
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11997 on: February 13, 2024, 10:54:31 AM »

Hello,

I'm a solo game developer.
So I do everything my self like things as modeling, coding, sound, ....
I love playing action adventure games.
AndrewFlox
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11998 on: February 14, 2024, 03:47:30 AM »

Hello! I'm Andrew, a game developer with over 10 years of experience. I used to work as a Flash developer, but now I use Unity for my projects. My dream is to release my game Batysphera, and I'm here to share my devlog and assist other developers in completing their games.
Snake99
TIGBaby

Web dev & Unity dev.

View Profile
« Reply #11999 on: February 17, 2024, 08:19:03 AM »

Hello everyone.

I've been an indie dev on Unity for a few years now.
I hope to show you my game when it's finished Wink
Nice to meet you!

Pages: 1 ... 598 599 [600] 601
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic