Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411480 Posts in 69369 Topics- by 58426 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 23, 2024, 09:41:31 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 601
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1950354 times)
lowpoly
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #120 on: April 19, 2007, 06:13:39 PM »

did you take advantage of that 3.5" disk upgrade? $5 is practically a steal!  :D

torncanvas
Level 0

Go Team Venture!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #121 on: April 19, 2007, 09:55:44 PM »

Nope, used the good ol' five-and-a-quarters.  Actually, I had Ghosts and Goblins, too, which my bro and I LOVED.  One day I was mindlessly fiddling with the ring in the middle of the disk.  Just moving it around while I was thinking about something else.

Yeah...I totally broke the disk.  Huh?  We even tried to find another copy somewhere and couldn't.  That was a GREAT game.

Intuition Games
@torncanvas on twitter
sergiocornaga
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #122 on: April 20, 2007, 02:49:16 AM »

I'm Sergio. I grew up on Lucasarts adventures and Apogee platformers. My first console was the Playstation and my second the Wii. Jonny Smeby, who I'm sure some of you will know, refers to me as "The Freeware Master."

And this is what I'm currently working on:

Any questions?
Keops
Level 6

Pixellin' and Gamedev'n

View Profile WWW
« Reply #123 on: April 20, 2007, 05:23:51 PM »

Welcome to TIGSource, Josh, Sergio. Pretty nice intros there. I really like the Treefort Wars artwork you have there.

Welcome onboard, have fun, make games!

Hearthstead: Hand Point Right Website - Twitter Hand Point Left

OPEN FOR COMMISSIONS! Behance portfolio
siiseli
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 20, 2007, 10:42:05 PM »

Hi, I'm siiseli(did you really think i'll let you into my real name and let you send mailbombs to my home). I'm an indie game developer, I haven't finnished a game for years, so all the games I have made and you can find on the internets are crap. Pure crap. My dream is to make an commercial game someday, I'm actually trying to work on one now, we'll see if it turns out anything. I grew up playing with a NES, sega megadrive 2 and an happy msx1, all of them I had hooked up with all the best games for those consoles. My personal favourites were sonics from 1 to 3, mario 3, the first legend of zelda and maze of galious. Thats really all you need to know about me, do ask, if you have any questions
xix
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: April 22, 2007, 10:53:38 AM »

I like cooking. And I like warm weather. I like them together.

My name is Raphael. Sometimes people call me Raffy. Or flip. I use Klik & Play type products to make non Klik & Play type games. Simple stuff is my favorite. I just made a top 10 game list:

Double Dragon II
Resident Evil 4
Final Fantasy VI
Mario 64
Metal Gear Solid
Shadow of the Colossus
Diablo II
Virtua Fighter 4: Evo (I haven't played 5 Sad )
Starcraft
Ridge Racer Type 4

I'm not sure if it's my "Top 10 rated" or if it's just games that I think fit the overall theme of "what Raffy likes to play". Everything, I think, has an essence. Our job is just to bring it out. Show it off. Maybe have a little fun while doing it.

Get the demo itch.io
Follow @lunarsignals on twitter
torncanvas
Level 0

Go Team Venture!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #126 on: April 22, 2007, 02:43:04 PM »

Thanks for the compliment.  The TFW art is rather embarassing since it's the first 3d work any of us did on a real project.  We've all advanced quite a ways since then.   Tongue  I still think the theme is cool, though.

Some of my latest work can be seen here:
http://www.greatgamesexperiment.com/user/torncanvas

A small step up, but a step nonetheless.  It's interesting to look back on your work and see if anything has stood the test of time for tolerance.  Looking at your work is like hearing a recording of your own voice - ew!  And then if you're looking for a job you have to talk it up!  Shocked  Yikes...

Dude Raph, cooking FTW.  I LOVE cooking, too.  What kind of stuff do you like cooking the best?  For me, asian food and grilling are the best.  I love cooking with a wok.

Intuition Games
@torncanvas on twitter
xix
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 22, 2007, 03:59:34 PM »

I watch a lot of Food Network and just copy. Alton Brown and Tyler Florence are two of my favorites. Bobby Flay is cool, too. And Anthony Bourdain is my all time favorite, but he's on Travel Channel. I just copy what I see.

I also grill a ton. It's my favorite. Fire and beer fits a college student.

I cook some Filipino food, too. Family thing. My family is from the province where they'd mortgage their houses to throw fiestas.

Get the demo itch.io
Anthony Flack
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #128 on: April 22, 2007, 04:41:48 PM »

Korean food FTW.

Currently in development: Cletus Clay
xix
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 22, 2007, 06:34:01 PM »

Ooh. I'll trade you Filipino recipes for Korean ones.

Get the demo itch.io
kronholm
Level 0

BlitzMax user

View Profile WWW
« Reply #130 on: April 23, 2007, 10:29:27 PM »

Hello all, new here. 27 winters old, living in Denmark, brought up on c64, amiga and PC gaming, along with the odd console here and there. Favourite games include (but not limited to) Monkey Island series, Another World, Flashback, Elite, pretty much any other Lucasarts adventure game.

This seems like a really great and friendly site, I hope I'm right Wink

Been doing lots of creative stuff on hobbyist level most of my life. Drawing, sketching, 3d graphics, animating (2d + 3d), music, sound design, web development, you name it.

Started coding a few months ago, using BlitzMax, which I find really great. But then again, haven't really got much to compare with. I've done a bit of php/mysql in the past, and then a very brief smell to c++, then I picked up BlitzMax and stayed there.

Currently making a Bomberman clone, which is not really a clone, more of an expansion on the original game with many new features and whatnot. If you ever see it, please keep in mind the graphics are temporary placeholders, i.e. crappy, until I get most mechanics working, then it's time to make the nifty pretty graphics. As time of this writing, working on the UDP multiplayer network part.

// Games that influenced kronholm, moved here from another thread by Derek

kronholm-edit: Thank you Derek Smiley

« Last Edit: April 24, 2007, 01:07:59 AM by kronholm » Logged

Cheers, Dan 'pezz' Kronholm.
Guert
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #131 on: April 26, 2007, 08:37:24 AM »

Oh hey, I didn't notice that post before so I better introduce myself on the spot!

First, my real name is Daniel-David Guertin. I'm 25, in the region of Montreal, Canada and I've started playing games since... Well, I don't remember.

I started drawing stuff around when I was about 16. My friends and I found that if we had good grades, we could, in the last year of high school, have two art classes which meant alot of free time to do homework and hang out. Well, I manage to get those two classes and I found a real passion about art.

I got into college and got a diploma in computer science at the age of 20. I never really liked coding, or fixing up computers even though I spent four years of my life studying them Tongue I spent of my classes drawing and dreaming up games.

I draw alot, but I don't concider myself very good. At least not to what I would like to be! Wink I've been doing pixel art for almost 3 years and I' trying to come up with a camic/cartoon page every month.

I started to get involved in video game projects around 4 years ago. While workin' on these I was laboring in a grocery store. I quit last december after my latest project went gold and on it's way to being published. It got cancelled so I'm currently looking for a job.

I'm currently workin on several indie game projects, including mine. I'll try to show what I'm workin' once it's at a decent stage.

A quick list of my favorite games: Street Fighter 2, super mario, katamari damacy, dragon warrior, doom, starcraft... There are alot of titles that have influenced me so it's hard to say exactly. I'm sure I'm skipping so much title that when think of them I'll go "Damn! how could I had forgotten this one?"

Beside video game, I'm a big movie fan. I enjoy the works of Kubrik, Tarentino, Copolla, Chaplin, Monthy python, and also so much more...

I guess this is what I can say about myself right now.
Take care!
Guert! 

God Mode
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 07, 2007, 10:58:14 AM »

Well, I just registered today but have been reading the front page for ..months now. I figured it was about time for me to make a forum account. Don't worry, I'm not here to spam my game link all over the place (if only I was far enough along on my game to put a link up to anything Sad).

Anyway! On to specifics:

Name: Adam
Online alias: God Mode
Alignment: Chaotic Good (I'm a nerd)
Skills: Pixel art, interface design, story direction
Favorite game: Super Metroid
Inspired by: Cave Story, Ikachan, and a whole slew of Sierra games from my childhood. They inspired the kind of games that I wanted to make myself: puzzle adventure games with an awesome story. Smiley

I wish I had a decent picture of myself, but all I've got is this picture of me from a Halloween party:

Here I am, and hello TIGS forums! Smiley
siiseli
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 08, 2007, 10:37:38 AM »

ninja = automagically an great person.

welcome \o/
pyabo
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 16, 2007, 11:21:19 PM »

My name is Bryan.  And I am a lurker.

Loved tigsource for many moons now, but finally joined the forums a few days ago.  I grew up on the NES -- literally, that is where most of my nutrition came from as a child, which probably accounts for my stunted growth.  But my first console was the Atari 2600... home of the unforgettable classics like River Raid and Frogger, the indecipherable bizarres like Raiders of the Lost Ark and SwordQuest:Whatever, and the eternally shameful ET: The Redundant Extraterrestrial.

I have been *cough* "working" on indie game projects for... <whistling>  Oh a long time now.  One day soon I will actually get around to making my first release, which will be this game here, a shameless clone of something you might recognize:

Yes, the Space Dog scares me too... but he's starting to grow on me. (trivia: The block graphics are by another forum member, johanp of Free Lunch Design)

I have promised myself to one day getting around to more original games.  OH yes.

Oh, and I can kick your butt in Street Fighter II.  Yea, I'm talkin' to you.  Punk.
fucker
BANNED
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: May 17, 2007, 03:19:30 AM »

a shameless clone of something you might recognize

Zuma?
Xion
Pixelhead
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #136 on: May 17, 2007, 09:25:55 PM »

Zuma?
Of course not! Can't you tell a Robotron clone when you see one?
« Last Edit: May 17, 2007, 09:28:45 PM by Xion » Logged

Kornel Kisielewicz
The Black Knight
Level 1

Madman for hire

View Profile WWW
« Reply #137 on: May 17, 2007, 09:44:38 PM »

Zuma?
Of course not! Can't you tell a Robotron clone when you see one?

Fancy graphics DOESN'T mean it's not a roguelike! We're in the 21st century, ASCII is not a requirement anymore.

At your service,
Kornel Kisielewicz (@epyoncf)
ChaosForge -- DoomRL and AliensRL
Jupiter Hell -- DoomRL spiritual successor!
pyabo
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 17, 2007, 10:21:21 PM »

You're all right.  I'm calling it ZumatronHack.  Good work.
Anthony Flack
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #139 on: May 18, 2007, 04:32:38 AM »

Ooh. I'll trade you Filipino recipes for Korean ones.

This is just about the quickest, easiest thing in the world to make, so I often make it when I'm feeling lazy (like tonight).

1) Throw some rice in the rice cooker
2) come back in about half an hour because the rest won't take too long
3) Fry up some thin strips of cow in a pan
4) add chopped-up bits of garlic shoots (nb: not garlic cloves) a few minutes later
5) spoon in a heap of kim chi at the end, with perhaps a little teeny bit of water
6) eat it with the rice

Currently in development: Cletus Clay
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 601
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic