Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 10:30:42 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 599 600 [601]
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1952548 times)
CoRe-DrAgon
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #12000 on: February 17, 2024, 06:41:42 PM »

Hi all,

I'm an artist and indie dev/director. Since my early childhood I have been fascinated by games starting with the game Sonic & Knuckles on Sega Megadrive. A little later I developed a deep passion for StarCraft Broodwar. I'm very competitive so it was no wonder that I began taking part at tournaments like World Cyber Games. Was a real fun time back then. But next to strategy games I just love fantasy games, maybe now even a little more than StarCraft. While playing a ton of games I have worked as a freelancer. For instance doing texture work for Command & Conquer Tiberian Genesis as well as other stuff. Games and art have always been my absolute passion. Now I'm developing my own game and managing a team around the world, and yes it is a fantasy RPG.

I could talk much more about my past but I feel like this is enough introduction. Forums where never my cup of coffee but I mean it's never too late. It's great to see that there are still forums that actually support indie developers.

Happy gaming and developing everyone! Smiley
AndStudio
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #12001 on: February 18, 2024, 11:53:12 AM »

Hi, I'm a novice Android developer!
HouseInMotion
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12002 on: February 22, 2024, 09:40:35 AM »

Hey!

I am a indie developer from Latvia and I make first person adventure games.

My fave genres include immersive sims and really anything in first person as a defining experience was playing Half life 2 and Deus Ex on my school laptop.

I'm inspired by any and all art forms as well as the environment around me and this is what I'm trying to express in my games. My games cover themes about living in a post soviet country with all the social alienation and financial struggles that come with it.

Great to meet all of you!
jservi
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #12003 on: February 23, 2024, 07:10:08 PM »

I'm an amateur game developer trying to figure out how to create a fun game that people enjoy.
OuthousedStudio
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #12004 on: February 29, 2024, 03:03:10 PM »

Hello everyone, from Outhoused Studios! We are five gamers and game maker enthusiasts and we're super excited to be a part of this community!
General_singk0
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #12005 on: March 03, 2024, 09:03:27 AM »

Hello, im an aspiring game developer who have been in the tutorial hell since 2018 (reality sinking in), but im recovering from it little by little. Been designing some game design document for a while and studying how to use godot 4.
SnakeEagle
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #12006 on: March 08, 2024, 07:39:48 AM »

Hello, my name is ASO and I'm making a game in Korea.
I'm using a translator, so my sentences might be a little awkward, so please bear with me!

First of all, I'm glad to find such a great indie community.
I'm just now finishing the demo version of my first game, so there's still a lot I don't know about indie game development.
I'm excited to learn a lot from communicating with you guys! Smiley

These days, I develop mostly in Unity and occasionally work on pixel art in Aseprite.
Nice to meet you all !

Mcjoako
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #12007 on: March 11, 2024, 01:24:59 AM »

Hello everyone! It's a pleasure to be here with you all. I'm passionate about the world of video games. Ever since the NES days, I've been a Nintendo fan, enjoying franchises like Super Mario and Zelda, although I can't say no to a good game. Four years ago, I started learning a bit of Unity and launched my first video game or rather an experiment. Now, I'm working on a project at the Madrid video game campus. I aim for strong narratives and uphold good values in games. Hopefully, I'll be able to share some cool stuff with you soon.
TitanicEnterprises
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12008 on: March 15, 2024, 12:57:30 AM »

Titanic Enterprises: we live in northern Italy and are a senior 3D Technical Artist and an AI researcher, we are passionate about Game Jams and retrogaming.

At the moment we produced only one game, in our spare time, just to learn Godot 4, that we felt in love with.

Very happy to join the community  Kiss
ellio cheerio
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #12009 on: March 19, 2024, 05:33:16 PM »

Hey there TIG Forums community!

Let's see, I'm a game dev hobbyist and work as a programmer outside of games.

Technically I've been making games since I was a teenager when some friends and I discovered RPG Toolkit. We made some silly things and shared them amongst ourselves. I ripped of FF7 slums and put Vash the Stampede in and it was cool!

I only really got into game dev after graduating college with an undergrad in computer science. College did not make me a good programmer but it did lay some foundations. I played Anodyne and saw they used Flixel, so then I started learning Flixel and doing game dev, and not until that time did I feel like I was beginning to understand and get good at programming. Then I realized there was a newer port of Flixel called HaxeFlixel so I ported my work to that engine and the Haxe language. I made a few more small prototypes in HaxeFlixel.

A few years later I got more serious, picked up Unity and learned a lot more. I tried out Godot 4 recently, the programmer part of my brain likes it overall.

Most recently I've been working fully in GameMaker 2. I've never finished a game I've started creating before, so that's my goal now. Keeping the scope small, working when I feel like it in my free time.

Oh, I'm also a musician and know my way around recording software, though definitely a novice in recording. Uhh favorite game of all time is Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, most recent favorite games are Resident Evil 2: Remake and Super Mario Odyssey. Ok that's it, I'll wrap it up!

Anyways, thanks for having me here! Looking forward being a part of this community!
--morph--
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #12010 on: April 01, 2024, 04:09:17 PM »

Hello! My name is Daniel. I'm an indie developer from the US and a long time lurker here on TIGSource. I started out as a concept artist in the film and video game industries. Spent the early years bouncing between different studios but always in some sort of art department role.

I always knew I wanted to get into indie games at some point. The whole roguelite/soulslike wave of the early 2010s made a really big impression on me. Super Hexagon, Hotline Miami, and FTL all come to mind. Minecraft of course, and all of the survival games it spawned. That led me to Dwarf Fortress... Don't Starve... Demon's Souls was also a big deal. I remember playing that game over the holidays, late into the evening after my family had gone to sleep, and thinking, why aren't more people talking about this?

A few years ago I started doing GM2 tutorials. Now I've got a tiny team of artists and we're finally on our way to releasing our first game. I look forward to sharing with the community and learning from all of the talented people here!

LutraStudio
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #12011 on: April 08, 2024, 05:59:55 AM »

Hey. We are LutraStudio, a student game development team!
mazda911
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #12012 on: April 13, 2024, 11:39:37 AM »

hi, i intended to create games  Hand Any Key
GlidingSquirrel
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #12013 on: April 13, 2024, 10:10:23 PM »

Hi all, I'm Lars. Happy to be here!
I have been working professionally on educational games/apps in the past and on some hobby projects on the side. Recently, I have released a package on the Unity Asset Store called Floating UI which I am now maintaining and developing further.

I love thinking about UX and educational games and hope to be able to find some like-minded people here to discuss. Looking forward to that! Smiley
gigig987
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #12014 on: April 20, 2024, 05:54:35 AM »

Hi I'm Gianluca, a professional UI /UX designer with a passion for games.
I started several prototypes on Godot and lately I'm focusing on a game about mixtapes.
I hope to be more consistent by logging my progress here and with the support and suggestions from the community
FlyingFreeStudios
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12015 on: April 23, 2024, 05:30:12 PM »

Right, let's do this thing.

Hello!... Mmmmm too eager.

Hi!.... No too casual.

Greetings?... Nope I don't own a fedora.

Bah screw it.

Yo, I'm Nick, the founder/developer/artist/designer/musician/janitor of Flying Free Studios.

I've been lurking in the shadows of TigSource since probably around 2008 and was beyond green with envy reading the devlogs for games like Moonman, Project Rain World, and Slain. It feels awesome to finally be part of the community that inspired me so much.

Video games have been part of my life since I was just a wee child. My first console was a SNES that came with Super Mario All Stars + Super Mario World. I played those games till my eyes bled, and at that point in time, you squeezed every second out of a game until your parents caved and were willing to buy you another.

After probably over a year of Mario, I was gifted a new game, Donkey Kong Country 2. That game changed everything for me. I couldn't believe my eyes when I first saw it and playing it completely blew me away. It was at that point that I started to be interested in how the hell something like that was made. Needless to say, Donkey Country 2 is and always will be high on my list of favourite games.

Let's skip past the teen years of being a rebellious little jerk and trying to make edgy cool games using XNA (Anyone remember that? the joy of spending 5 minutes to draw something to a screen?).

In the year 2023, after seeing a whole lot of garbage go down in my life, I realized life is too short to be miserable. So I quit my soul sucking corporate programmer job that I had for 12 years and decided to jump into what I've been wanting to do since I was a kid, which was make video games.

Stupid? Oh, most definitely. But you get one shot at it, so you might as well try to be happy, right?

I'm not making games to get rich, hell I'll be super happy if making games just lets me pay my bills. During some of my crappier times, it was video games that helped me pull through. I'm hoping I can make something that can give someone having a rough time a bit of a giggle and escape from it all, even for just an hour.

Yikes, what a spiel. Anyway, I'm excited to get to mingle with all the folks on here, and I'm looking forward to sharing my weird brain with you further.

Thank you for listening to my TED talk.

Do you like video games? Well, funnily enough, there's something that sometimes resembles them here!

https://flyingfreestudios.itch.io/
FRex
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #12016 on: April 25, 2024, 07:07:47 AM »

I'm a (non-gamedev) programmer from central Poland.

I've learned how to program 13 years ago to try become a gamedev (spoilers: it didn't pan out).

A year ago I got inspired by a certain game and decided to try create my own, hoping to not abandon the project like I always do.

Possible devlog thread coming.
Pages: 1 ... 599 600 [601]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic