Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411969 Posts in 69436 Topics- by 58484 Members - Latest Member: korimalicn

June 14, 2024, 06:07:50 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 600 601 [602]
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 2013644 times)
junkmail
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #12020 on: May 03, 2024, 09:15:40 AM »

hi. i make puzzles and a strategy game.
jmas
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #12021 on: May 09, 2024, 01:43:59 PM »

Hi, I'm Jimmy, I'm 27 years old and I live in California. Beer! Coffee

Jerboa
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12022 on: May 19, 2024, 12:05:13 AM »

Hi! I am a programmer, mostly, trying to work out how to make games as a hobby, and ending up spending far too much time re-inventing the wheel... Hopefully I can make something fun eventually!

I'm also interested in playtesting all the great stuff that pops up on here.

roeyskatt
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #12023 on: May 20, 2024, 05:15:24 AM »

I'm Kenneth (aka. roeyskatt), a programmer and an aspiring indie game developer from Norway.

I have a particular fascination for procedural generation and rogue-likes.

Currently working on an action-puzzle rogue-lite inspired by Solomon's Key.
Painted Bobcat
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #12024 on: May 23, 2024, 02:56:19 AM »

Hi - I'm the painted bobcat  Wink and currently working on my visual novel game Vincent! Comments on my games are highly appreciated  Shocked
AbsamStudios
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #12025 on: May 25, 2024, 07:59:47 AM »

Hello,

I am Sam from AbsamStudios which is founded by Sam and Abbie, a husband and wife team. Juggling a 9-to-5 job by day and developing games by night. When we are night pulling all-nighters, we like to play multiplayer party games  Smiley
mrferguson.md
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #12026 on: May 26, 2024, 04:47:05 PM »

hey there, I'm a programmer moonlighting on side projects after the daily grind at the central office!
RandomPrimateGaming
Level 0

Just a solo indie dev looking for food money

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12027 on: May 28, 2024, 02:02:38 AM »

Hello!

I'm a friendly solo indie developer from Estonia, making your ideas come to life in the community project called CyberCat Tongue

here is my beacons link if anyones interested in joining the project:  beacons.ai/randomprimategaming

RandomPrimateGaming
DrTygen
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #12028 on: June 03, 2024, 11:56:00 AM »

I'm a software developer who really wants to create a game from start to finish, mostly for personal development and to diverge from the normal office job. I loved games since I was a kid and it's a small childhood dream of mine to release a finished game, even if it does poorly. Here's hoping I get there!
spdp
TIGBaby

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12029 on: June 04, 2024, 06:49:27 AM »

Hey folks.

I've been making games for a few years now, but I'm yet to release anything professionally and beyond a game jam.

I want to change that. So recently I decided to pause my pursuit of an industry role in favour of going solo and using tools that feel more appropriate to 2D pixel art games such as Godot and Aseprite.

As a programmer first, my art skills are limited. I've settled on a low-res 16:9 1-bit 8x8 style for the time being as it's within my capabilities and in the near future I hope to increase the complexity. My style tends to be of a chill/muted colour background with a white or off-white foreground.

Another angle of my new approach is that I wish to move forward without social media. I long for the web of old and PHPBB SMF forums like this are my jam. Similarly I've been putting effort into showcasing my work on my own website.

Anyway...nice to hang out with you all Smiley

« Last Edit: June 04, 2024, 07:10:02 AM by spdp » Logged
szálamireaktor
Level 0

Your friendly neighborhood sentient cognitohazard.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12030 on: June 05, 2024, 01:37:05 PM »

Hello, all! I'm Szalámireaktor, your friendly sentient cognitohazard!
I'm doing game dev to solve two problems:
1. I've spent entirely too much of my life doing nothing of value, and
2. I have too many ideas, and there's a pretty solid chance that I won't be able to pass on to the afterlife if I don't make some of them into games.
There's also the small fact that I enjoy making games, but that's not really relevant.

As for how I've gotten into making video games, that's something of a mystery to me. I haven't completed a single video game in my entire life (yes, really!), so me going into making video games is akin to a rat trying to learn how to dance. Sure, it could do it, but it's going to take a hell of a long time for it to be any good. I'll try my best anyways; at the very least, I'll end up with something I'm proud of.

I've mostly played party games like Mario Kart (can you believe we've been stuck on 8 for 10 years?), Ultimate Chicken Horse and Mario Party. Recently, I've dipped my toes into actual games like Rain World, ULTRAKILL, and Bug Fables.

Expect some esoteric games from me. Please. Disappointment is a powerful motivator, and god knows I could always use some more motivation.

"Do you like hurting other people?"
-Nermal Arbuckle, 2014
KriegsHetzer
Level 0

I came, I saw, I code

View Profile
« Reply #12031 on: June 09, 2024, 08:42:10 PM »

Hi, my name is Muhammed Said. I live in Turkey. I enjoy making games and I do this as a hobby.
IonicRelay
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #12032 on: June 11, 2024, 10:15:38 AM »

Hello dear friends. I'm a web developer by trade, but my passion was always to write games. I'm a big fan of horror. Some favorite books include: "The Terror", "The Outsider", "Who Goes There". Have been working on an indie horror for few years now, and it feels like I'll never finish it :D
Maiu
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #12033 on: June 11, 2024, 09:32:05 PM »

Hello, my name is Rafal and I am programmer who is trying to learn how to write mmo game.
My approach is to take make small baby steps, choose trivial solutions as the first options and save optimal ones for last.
This way I would like to learn how to use technologies properly instead of using ready solutions without much understanding why.
Pages: 1 ... 600 601 [602]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic