Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411491 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: graysonsolis

April 29, 2024, 09:19:54 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 601
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1953438 times)
Shabadage
TIGSource Editor
Level 0

TIGSource Oil Worker

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: May 19, 2007, 09:46:39 AM »

Name : Shabadage aka Paul Masterson
Internet Occupation : Lazy TIGSource and TDC editor, Voice Actor for Pendant Productions
Hobbies : Making crappy games and decidedly less crappy games, drawing crappy drawings on the love of my life, my Wacom Tablet.  Getting pissed when gaming magazines don't send me a single copy of the issue my games are in; especially when THEY were the ones who offered to.  Riding my bike entirely too much (I pedal more ass than a Taiwanese pimp)
Fave Games : System Shocks, Moo2, Fallout Series (+/- Bethsoft still to be determined), Timesplitters (All), Advance Wars, Heroes of M&M, Sim City 2000, Breath of Fire 2, Yoshi's Island, Mario 3 (Greatest 2d Mario ever), Battletech Games.
xix
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 19, 2007, 10:14:45 AM »

Ooh. I'll trade you Filipino recipes for Korean ones.

This is just about the quickest, easiest thing in the world to make, so I often make it when I'm feeling lazy (like tonight).

1) Throw some rice in the rice cooker
2) come back in about half an hour because the rest won't take too long
3) Fry up some thin strips of cow in a pan
4) add chopped-up bits of garlic shoots (nb: not garlic cloves) a few minutes later
5) spoon in a heap of kim chi at the end, with perhaps a little teeny bit of water
6) eat it with the rice

Excellent, I'll try this in a bit. Btw, what are garlic shoots?

PORK or CHICKEN ADOBO

2lbs cubed 2in pork or chicken breast (you can use other chicken parts, but be careful to cook through)
Peppercorns
1/2 cup vinegar
1/2 cup soy sauce
2 cloves garlic, chopped
Bay leaves

Heat the pan or wok to high. Toss a little (olive) oil in. Sear the outside of the meat 2min per side. Turn cubes to sear all sides. Create a well in the center and throw the garlic in and saute quickly. As soon as the garlic gets a tinge of brown throw in the vinegar. Bring the heat down to a medium. After five minutes add the soy sauce.

Now you have two options: cover and simmer, or simmer. Simmering helps the sauce evaporate and is better with smaller amounts of rice or when you want blander rice (and more flavorful meat). Covering helps the sauce retain moisture and lets you have a sauce that spreads over the rice well. Cooking time varies on the size of your cubes and the time you spent searing the outsides. Overall cooking time should be about ~20min.

Either way you're going to want kanin (rice) with your ulam (other stuff, in this case adobo) because that's how we do it in the land of 7000 islands.

Get the demo itch.io
Follow @lunarsignals on twitter
Shabadage
TIGSource Editor
Level 0

TIGSource Oil Worker

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: May 19, 2007, 10:43:42 AM »

I smells a TIGSource Cooks thread.....you bastards are making me HUNGY!
Alec
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #143 on: May 19, 2007, 11:09:10 AM »

Man, when I first read that I thought it said "TIGSource Cocks thread".  Undecided

Which is still a great idea in its own right.

Shabadage
TIGSource Editor
Level 0

TIGSource Oil Worker

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: May 19, 2007, 11:11:45 AM »

Man, when I first read that I thought it said "TIGSource Cocks thread".  Undecided

Which is still a great idea in its own right.

Which would make the HUNGY (intentionally misspelled, BTW) comment even more golden.
Robotacon
Pixelhead
Level 3

Story mode

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: May 21, 2007, 09:26:53 AM »

I'm ToR from Stockholm.

I've created some prototypes of games over the years but most of the time I lose interest when I can't find a good purpose for playing the game I'm creating.

Lately I've been working in flash which is ok to work in even if you like retro pixel games like I do.

I'm currently lurking this board checking up on the progress of Balding's Quest.
Robotacon
Pixelhead
Level 3

Story mode

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: May 22, 2007, 12:34:50 PM »

Games that have influenced me include...

Maze of Galious (Knightmare II)
Metroid
Kid Icarus
Ice Climber
Monty on the Run
Penguin Adventure
Asteroids
« Last Edit: May 22, 2007, 12:36:37 PM by robotacon » Logged
GP Lackey
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: May 24, 2007, 09:25:00 AM »

You're all right.  I'm calling it ZumatronHack.  Good work.

Delving into a randomly generated dungeon shooting marbles at endless waves of robots?
sergiocornaga
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #148 on: May 25, 2007, 01:08:31 AM »

I'm ToR from Stockholm.

Hi! Nice avatar you have there, I assume it's from the afforementioned game? If so, I'm interested. Nice game influences too.
Oddball
Level 10

David Williamson

View Profile WWW
« Reply #149 on: May 30, 2007, 07:06:20 AM »

Been lurking around here for a while so thought I should finally post an introduction. I'm Dave. Hi...

Ok, ok, I'll post a little more. I'm an avid fan of indie, retro, shareware, and freeware games. I've been known to have a go at making my own games, but not nearly upto the quality of some the talent around here. If you'd like to have a laugh at the awfulness of them the downloads are at my website. And that's about it really...

Just thought I'd add. The Gooey Blob from Chaos is the best video game monster ever. And my sig contains a detailed explination as to why Defcon is clearly better than World of Warcraft.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2007, 07:33:07 AM by Oddball » Logged

gr4ce
Level 0

hay gusy

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: May 31, 2007, 03:51:28 PM »

I'm a mathematics teacher (specifically a graduate student with aspirations of teaching) and I discovered Blocksum recently.  This afternoon, I decided to let one of my classes play it for a while.  They loved it, and I offered extra credit to anybody that could top my high score.  Nobody did.  Cool Cool Cool

Anyway, I'm a long time CS/UT/RandomFPSGame player and I've recently come across the whole indie scene.  I'm quite impressed.  I think I've had more fun in the last two days with echoes than I did in the months of WoW I reluctantly played so as not to feel left out.  Roll Eyes

Nice little site here.  I've been looking for some new boards to haunt since I quit WoW.

-g
sega
Genesis
Level 2

I superdig

View Profile WWW
« Reply #151 on: June 08, 2007, 06:30:11 PM »

My name is Dave.  I'm an artist/animator who is just working on prototypes now, but would like to sell finished games.  I used to program games when I was 12 in BASIC, but that has no relevance nowadays.  I'm learning scripting/programming from scratch.  I'm a QA Lead for videogames in my day job.  I'd like to eventually not have a "day job".

Avert your eyes, this is me:

My first videogame was Pacman, when I was 3 years old:

I originally knew I had to create art on computers when I saw this animation in a store as a little kid:

I don't know what I saw in it back then.  I was pretty amazed that you could create 3D animations.  It's not that pretty though.  For some reason, that animation had a much bigger impact on me than Tron in the area of computer art.

I've absolutely loved videogames all my life, and always knew I had to make them:

I greatly, greatly admire Fumito Ueda's work on Shadow of the Colossus:

I mostly like that it doesn't shove story down your throat, yet it manages to create an enthralling experience.  More games should leave things up to interpretation.  I'm really sick of being spoon fed story, tutorials, etc...  I enjoy figuring stuff out.  I also felt the controls were pretty innovative.  I really respect it on many levels.  My list of inspirations are a mile long, but SotC had the biggest impact on me recently.

The latest console I have is the Nintendo Wii:

I'm still unsure about the future of the system.  The controller isn't as capable as some developers had hoped, and I think the designers who could make something good of it are definitely in the minority.  I think the good stuff could be really good though.  Wii Sports was a very smart move, and recently, I liked Marble Mania (Kororinpa) a good amount.

My next purchase will be a 360, but I realllllllly don't want to get one until the 65nm redesign:

Unfortunately, I believe Virtua Fighter 5 and Assassin's Creed come out before that... I can't withstand that series of attacks.

I like weird videogames:

I'm a sucker for games that try something new.  After seeing hundreds of the same thing get released, it gets me down.  Experiencing something new maybe once every couple of years keeps me passionate, even if the game's not the best.

Speaking of being a sucker, I'm a big sucker for time travel and 80s rock:

Seriously, put time travel in a movie or game, and I'm all up on it.  As you can guess, I've subjected myself to some reallllllly crappy stuff.  Ah well.  You may also be able to guess that I'm looking forward to Braid.

I'm also a sucker for breakdancing/poplocking/gliding:

FUN FACT: I'm actually pretty good at doing the robot.  Seriously:

Speaking of robot, I've drawn a couple (the first one can actually transform!):

I've done art for a few games, but nothing commercial.  My next one will be released in about 3 months.  I draw other stuff too, but not much lately... Sad:

And of course, you guys have seen this pixel art in the pixel art thread:

« Last Edit: June 14, 2007, 11:47:19 AM by sega » Logged

PowRTocH
« Reply #152 on: June 10, 2007, 09:17:00 PM »

The Obligatory Lurker Introduction Post:

Hi, I'm a pixel artist. Cool

I struggle with keeping my motivation up, but I should hopefully finish a game soon (for the shmup-dev competition, hopefully). I like games a lot, if you can believe it. Smiley

So... hey.
Derek
Bastich
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #153 on: June 10, 2007, 10:30:23 PM »

Welcome, guys!  But please, moar screenshots and other fun visual stuff.  This is starting to become too much of a typical "introduce yourself" thread.
sega
Genesis
Level 2

I superdig

View Profile WWW
« Reply #154 on: June 11, 2007, 12:05:29 AM »

Be careful what you wish for... I've edited my post above.

LTE
TIGBaby

The Magic Man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #155 on: June 12, 2007, 09:06:03 PM »

'ellu.

My name is Liam Eefting, also known as LTE, I am a guitarist,keyboardist, and drummer from Michigan. I have been producing my own music for years now, I am classically inclined and enjoy mixing organic sounds with incredibly inorganic ones, taking elements such as epic soundtrack style classic and combining them with industrial noise and alternative rock music.

Currently, I am working on my first release, Eternity.

I have always been interested in making music for video games, as they have wasted many hours of my life.  Lips Sealed I love RPG's and Science Fiction.

I am happy to have found this place, and I hope to make some new friends here.

Aufweidersehn,
LTE
Derek
Bastich
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #156 on: June 12, 2007, 09:12:16 PM »

Be careful what you wish for... I've edited my post above.

YES. Kiss
rey-o
Level 1

'here i am, rock you like a hurricane'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #157 on: June 13, 2007, 12:37:29 PM »

hi

i've been reading tigsource for awhile now and i thought that maybe now would be a good time to join in on the forum fun!

my name is rey although most folks like to call me reyo (often pronounced as if you were yodeling).

i'm a recent graduate from sheridan college, it was five levels long and the end boss was kind of cheap. but at the end you get a BAA in Illustration so thats not too bad.

the oldest system i have is an atari 2600, since then i've collected almost all of them (with the exception of the current gen - still waiting out on that one) but the thing that gets the most play time these days is my nintendo ds.

which brings me to why i'm here. in recent years i've become a bit more selective in the kinds of games i like to play. due to time constraints and just being jaded from the same old. Most of the time the main requirement is originality so here are a few that i enjoy from the big wigs. since i'm an illustrator, i'll try and post concept pics from these games:

psychonauts! was a joy to play. many of the following games have a strong sense of character and world building, this game in particular exemplifies that.

yoshi's island
came out at a time when the playstation was starting to take over the world. it felt like my snes was archaic and obsolete. and then this game comes along, and shows what you can do with a little bit of style and new gameplay techniques. in some ways okami reminds me of this game for similar reasons.

shadows of the colossus
this games seems to have shown up a few times by other posters as well. so i guess there isn't really more to be said. i think i might like ico more though.

but those are all big studio games, how about indy games?

of course cave story - but at this point, does everyone say that?

oh and anything by nifflas....but i think everyone says that too...

ninja vs pirate was silly but it was still pretty rad.

i also enjoy gesundheit quite a bit, but i'm kind of biased since i know matt.
ptoing's work in progress looks awesome, can't wait to give that a go.

with so many creative people working on personal, unique games its no wonder why i enjoy indy stuff more than mainstream games!

anyways, i've posted elsewhere on the forums a choose your own adventure novel that i made over the past few months. you can play it here.. let me  know what you think!

thats about it, heres an illustration i did about the god of god games will wright and his first great invention sim city and what will likely be his next great, spore:

if you want, you can also find me in these places:
portfolio: http://www.rey-o.com
blog: http://reyortega.wordpress.com/
flickr: http://flickr.com/photos/trickyrey/

i look forward to joining in on the fun!

cheers, rey-o
Derek
Bastich
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #158 on: June 13, 2007, 12:53:37 PM »

Welcome, welcome!  Great work, sir!  Looking forward to having you around!  Exclamation point! Embarrassed
rey-o
Level 1

'here i am, rock you like a hurricane'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #159 on: June 13, 2007, 12:59:15 PM »

heya derek!

thanks for having me:-)

i feel like i should thank you - i found tigsource first through your own site, which i still visit frequently. your tutorial on pixel art rekindled my interest in gaming and making games!

!!!

cheers, rey-o
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 601
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic