Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411524 Posts in 69381 Topics- by 58436 Members - Latest Member: GlitchyPSI

May 01, 2024, 04:50:56 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 601
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1954206 times)
The-Imp
« Reply #1860 on: February 09, 2009, 06:55:42 PM »

Welcome all newcomers!
Jared C
Level 10

hostess with the mostess

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1861 on: February 09, 2009, 07:01:23 PM »

Welcome all newcomers!

Seconded.  Smiley

KennEH!
Level 10

"What, me worry!?!"

View Profile
« Reply #1862 on: February 09, 2009, 07:57:38 PM »

Welcome all newcomers!

Seconded.  Smiley
Thirdidaded

Madness takes its toll please have exact change.
Shawny
Level 5

<3

View Profile
« Reply #1863 on: February 10, 2009, 04:40:33 AM »

Hi, I'm Shawn. That name was taken already so I couldn't use it, so I just settled for DJ, which uhh... had a higher chance of being taken. I'm a spriter and I've been wanting to get into the Indie game developing scene for quite some time now but just never got around to it. Some of my stuff can be seen at my deviant art(http://spritershawn.deviantart.com/), I'm aware that I'm not the greatest spriter but there's room for improvement in all of us and where's the fun in being perfect?

Okay, I'm done. I hope I manage to fit in here.

letsap
Level 5

Have faith...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1864 on: February 10, 2009, 04:42:55 AM »

Welcome! I'm sure you'll fit in awesome, you have some sweet pixels.

J.G. Martins
Level 2

AKA anvilfolk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1865 on: February 10, 2009, 09:37:21 AM »

Sexiest pickup line ever Wink

Gold is for the mistress -- silver for the maid --
Copper for the craftsman cunning at his trade.
"Good!" cried the Baron, sitting in his hall,
"But iron, cold iron, is the master of them all."
--- Rudyard Kipling
tylerjhutchison
Level 1

hebbo!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1866 on: February 10, 2009, 11:30:17 AM »

Hello everyone!
My name is Tyler J. Hutchison and I make video games...

I graduated from the University of Minnesota, Morris with a degree in computer science.  After working for about a year and a half for "the man" my friends (Scott and Andy) quit their jobs as software engineers and decided to try and make games full-time.  I had quit my job a few months before they did in order to focus on grad school applications... so now we are all working full time as indy game developers!  It is a very low paying jobs and the medical benefits really suck.
We just finished our most polished game ever and we are really proud of it, check it out: http://howlingmoonsoftware.com/scribball.shtml  Maybe I should make a post in the feedback page?  It is currently a mac only game... is that allowed here?

Here is a screenshot:

GAMING HISTORY:
I love video games.  My parents would not allow me to get an NES when I was younger, but eventually years of nagging and screaming paid off when my parents broke down and bought the family a Sega Genesis for christmas one year.  In my childhood my favorite games where Cyborg Justice, Toe Jam & Earl and NBA Jam... but this is because I did not own a super nintendo.  My neighbor had a super nintendo and we played Secret of Mana, Zelda and Final Fantasy 6.  I was very jealous of him,  I love Secret of Mana and Zelda.  I spent my entire childhood searching for Crusader of Centy by Atlas which is probably the closest facsimile to a Zelda game that was released for the Sega Genesis... as far as I knew.

Games I really like: Armageddon(MUDD), Fallout 1&2, Nethack (or really any well done rogue like),  Dwarf Fortress, Final Fantasy Tactics (PS1 version only... I am not a big fan of the Advanced versions),  Zelda (Windwaker especially)

Also I make comics and art!  You can check it out at http://tylersaurus.com/
One of my better comics.  <-- just because it is better than my other comics does not mean it is good.

Here  is a recent painting of mine that I made, it is a self portrait.

and just for grins here is a picture of me blowing out the pistol of some spy chick:
« Last Edit: February 12, 2009, 10:22:42 PM by tylerjhutchison » Logged

tylersaurus.com | twitter | blog | wedrawcomics.com -- software engineer by day, comic book artist/game dev by night.
patrickjcollins
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1867 on: February 11, 2009, 06:57:27 AM »

Right, I'm Patrick John Collins, I'm currently taking it easy in the south of France, and I'm 28.

Here is photo of me drinking a cocktail in my kitchen.

I like Indie games, and I'm going to start developing my first one over the next couple of months.
HarrisonJK
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1868 on: February 11, 2009, 09:46:16 AM »

Hi guys!

I'm Harrison Kreimer, and I joined TIGsource so that I could make sweet stuff for Balding's Quest like this tileset  Well, hello there!:

My favorite smiley is  Well, hello there!,
and I like beer  Beer!.
Coffee  Coffee isn't so much my thing, but I love Cafe!

Just thought that I'd introduce myself. Cheers!

lankoski
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1869 on: February 11, 2009, 12:13:06 PM »

Hi, I am Petri Lankoski. I am researcher and doctoral candidate working my thesis on character driven game design. I have been designing and building games for research purposes.
Previous projects have been:
  • The Songs of North, a multilayer location aware game for Nokia N-Gage (2003-2005)
  • Footprints of Power, a multiplayer game designed for iTV & Web (2003)

My current game project is Lies and Seduction (www.liesandseductions.com), a game in which the player plays Abby set to seduce a rock star who publicly have promised to stay virgin until marriage.

J.G. Martins
Level 2

AKA anvilfolk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1870 on: February 12, 2009, 08:06:32 AM »

Welcome, you productive bunch! Kiss

Gold is for the mistress -- silver for the maid --
Copper for the craftsman cunning at his trade.
"Good!" cried the Baron, sitting in his hall,
"But iron, cold iron, is the master of them all."
--- Rudyard Kipling
redhades
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1871 on: February 13, 2009, 08:16:02 PM »

Hello TIGSource!

I'm RedHades, publicly know as "Fred". I live in Montreal and work fulltime at Boobisoft. There I fill the challenging function of "Game Design Integrator", which is a fancy name for Scripter.

I'm a big fan of all those fun and crazy games that the indie developers are creating, and have huge respect and admiration for them (Them being you, probably).

I'm an MMF2 user, though I haven't finished any actual game with it. But I did make some fun demos and challenging engines, and I help out on the Clickteam forum from time to time. I'm a bit of an artist as well, except I haven't been much productive in that department in the last few years. So yeah, I guess that makes me an underachiever. But I'm still compelled to create games, whether it's professionally or as a hobby. So far I've shipped Rainbow Six Vegas and Far Cry 2, and I'm working on the next Splinter Cell. Maybe someday I'll find the time and energy to work on my own little project.

As for random list of things I particularly like, it goes like this: Anime, Battlestar Galactica, pixel art, isometric art, character design, downtempo electronic music, chiptune music, action-adventure games, survival-horror games, kittens, chinchillas, sleeping late, restaurants, sushi, lavender tea and Heineken beer.

Here are some link about stuff I did not so recently...
http://redhadesmtl.deviantart.com/art/Character-Dangerous-escapee-50872398
http://www3.sympatico.ca/pysavard/BelmontHardRock.jpg
http://www3.sympatico.ca/pysavard/CompoundObjects.jpg
http://www3.sympatico.ca/pysavard/Forums/COF_Tilework.jpg
http://www.create-games.com/download.asp?id=6517
Inanimate
Level 10

☆HERO OF JUSTICE!☆

View Profile
« Reply #1872 on: February 14, 2009, 04:21:24 PM »

What is up with all the amazing people on Page 126? I welcome you all!
Creation
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1873 on: February 15, 2009, 04:47:58 PM »

I've been prompted to introduce myself so here goes Smiley.

I'm a 28 years old french canadian.

I've been studying Japanese for a while and I'm working on a game to memorize vocab and understand grammar for the JLPT4 (Japanese language proficiency test).

I'm also translating some rpg games from french communities.

I came over here by following a link to Derek's game, Spelunky.

5parrowhawk
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1874 on: February 16, 2009, 09:40:12 PM »

Hey, everybody. I'm not good with these intro threads, so I'll try not to run my mouth (much).

I'm from Singapore, older than 20 but younger than 40, and currently a junior researcher doing work on educational games at a local teachers' college. I've been visiting TIGSource off and on, and finally decided to jump into the forums. Can't remember what first brought me to the site though.

I do design, code and art (in that order), mostly using XNA, Photoshop, Milkshape and a small notepad (not in that order). I play a lot of commercial games and a number of indie games.

In terms of personal development, currently I just finished one project (soon to be announced), have one somewhat-crude prototype already under my belt, and am starting work on a bigger project. The big project is still under wraps until I manage to push a preliminary alpha prototype out the door, because I suspect any material released too early about it would be hugely embarrassing.

Just in case anyone is interested in my somewhat-questionable tastes:

Loves: Monster Hunter, Braid, Touhou series, Ikaruga
Likes: Civilization, The Marriage, Gravitation, Cave Story, World of Goo, Uplink
Dislikes: Passage, Galactic Civilizations, Raiden series
Meh: FPSes, adventure games and sports games in general, Sins of a Solar Empire, Bangai-O Spirits
Absolute sucker for: strategy games and tactical RPGs of any stripe
gunswordfist
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1875 on: February 16, 2009, 11:55:33 PM »

Ladies And Gentlemen,

My name is gunswordfist. I decided to try and be apart of the indie game community after playing Legend Of Princess a few days ago (which I just beat for the second time a few minutes ago) I found this forum off of Derek Yu's site after hearing about Eternal Daughter on the comments section for an article on Legend Of Princess. I plan on playing Eternal Daughter soon.

These are my favorite and most inspirational games:

I say Sonic The Hedgehog 2 has the best levels/level design out of any game ever created. I hope to make games with just as great level design with XNA one day (even though, for now, I know nothing about programming heh) Sonic 2 is probably easily my most played game of the '90s (or ever) My little brother and me used to play this game so much that we could get Super Sonic on the 2nd Act of Zone 1. I had so much fun with my personal favorite platformer and Sonic 2 continues to inspire me.

Contra Hard Corps

This has to be the greatest shoot em up of all time. Multiple paths, multiple endings, multiple weapons, multiple characters, INSANELY badass bosses and incredible levels make Hard Corps my dream SHMUP. The game was so hard that it literally took me and my brother a year just to beat it once. But that didn't stop us from replaying the Hell out of it. Then we got to enjoy fighting our way to all the great alternate paths and 6-8 endings.

Goldeneye

This is still my absolute favorite FPS. I used to play this like crazy with my friends and family. Goldeneye is still the only game I've played 24 hours in a row. I had to force myself to go to sleep that day.

A LIFE changing game!! After just seeing someone play the game, I could not shut up about Devil May Cry's greatness. I made Devil May Cry the very first PS2 game I've ever played/owned. Devil May Cry has the best enemies out there (namely the Shadows, Blades and Scythes) I love how they intelligently chase you across their areas, did team attacks and were VERY tough to beat (nothing like dodging the Hell out of a vicious Shadow attack. Devil May Cry has defined an entire generation of Action games. It was my absolute until...

Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns Of The Patriots

This is what I consider the great game of all time. The Microwave Tunnel Sequence was the only time a game made me feel a real emotion.

Max Payne

Possibly the most innovative Third Person Shooter of all time and one of the few games to have its story make its experience that much more greater. I only played this game a few years ago, but I was blown away by how great the PC version is. I've had the Xbox version of Max Payne 2 and it was my favorite TPS but the original blows it (and any other TPS) out of the water. I had so many incredible Bullet Time/Shootdodge battles in Max Payne. I wish I could have blasted holes in more V junkies though but oh well.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2009, 12:02:59 AM by gunswordfist » Logged

Indie games I have purchased:
Spelunky
Shoot 1UP
increpare
« Reply #1876 on: February 17, 2009, 03:53:34 AM »

I'd like to add my welcomes here to all you fine folks
gunswordfist
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1877 on: February 17, 2009, 09:06:29 AM »

Thank you very much for the welcome!

Indie games I have purchased:
Spelunky
Shoot 1UP
HybridMind
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1878 on: February 17, 2009, 09:13:50 AM »

Thank you artist formerly known as increpare.. Wink  I've come over from the Ludum Dare community so it's good to see you here too!  Beer!

Renton
« Reply #1879 on: February 17, 2009, 09:16:12 AM »

Hey guys.
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 601
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic