Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411502 Posts in 69379 Topics- by 58435 Members - Latest Member: graysonsolis

April 30, 2024, 06:59:47 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 601
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1953729 times)
Poor Lazlo
« Reply #2520 on: July 16, 2009, 08:16:14 AM »

Sexy glasses.

Thanks. I do not remember to whom they belong, but they are indeed very sexy.
Goran
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2521 on: July 17, 2009, 04:19:02 AM »

Um... hi!

I'm a 30+ year old developer with infinite experience building serious (booring) software and zero experience buiding games. That's something I'm looking to change. I've always wanted to create games but never had time I felt was require to create stuff I was interested in. Some may say it all boils down to drive, but I belive things like spending time with your family and paying the bills should take priority.

So a few things changed, I may be having some spare time and I'm restarting an old game project from scratch. Mind you I'm no Cactus and I won't be releasing anything in the near future (2011 seems resonable Smiley). What I do hope is that the community will welcome a new member and provide me with constructive feedback on my efforts.

More info?
Games I wish I made? Pontifex, GeneRally, Tower of goo...
Games I never played? Mario, Civ, Sims...
Games I've played over 5 years? Go (boardgame)

Did I do ok?

Goran

Dacke
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2522 on: July 17, 2009, 08:45:15 AM »

Welcome all!

Goran, you know exactly what you want to do? In that case it would be really cool to be able to follow your progress. You should start a development log in the Devlog forums right away! You will be able to get project-specific support and we will be able to follow you from first steps to the final product Smiley

programming • free software
animal liberation • veganism
anarcho-communism • intersectionality • feminism
mkapolka
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2523 on: July 17, 2009, 10:49:42 AM »

Hello everyone!

I'm Marek, I fancy myself to be a game designer but I haven't made anything worth presenting to the internet at large, so I can't really say I deserve the title, but I'm hoping to change that soon (hopefully in this current sex/education compo). I'm loving the community here so far.

I've been imagining up games in my brain for as long as I can remember, I like Rohrer and Blow and Humble and Cactus, games with emotion and anyone honest, and i like getting really pedantic about game design. Oh, and I made a post before this one and I feel guilty about it.
Dark Link
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2524 on: July 17, 2009, 12:26:43 PM »

I'm Dark Link. My name in real life is Ross Mark Brennan, and I come from a little town in Scotland called Paisley (famous for the invention of the Paisley Pattern and marmalade). I'd mainly like to work as an artist or writer, and I seem to have a good imagination.

I have a little trouble with coding, but luckily I have a good friend who's willing to create the coding for me.

My favourite games are ones that have a good art style, or platformers, or FPS games.
Inane
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

Arsenic for the Art Forum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2525 on: July 17, 2009, 12:48:38 PM »

Hello everyone!

I'm Marek,
Are you a regular Polish Stallion, Marek? Kiss

real art looks like the mona lisa or a halo poster and is about being old or having your wife die and sometimes the level goes in reverse
mkapolka
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2526 on: July 17, 2009, 01:59:42 PM »

Are you a regular Polish Stallion, Marek? :-*

Of course not- I'm an outstanding polish stallion :P
DnvnQuinn
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2527 on: July 19, 2009, 12:29:16 PM »

My name is Patrick Quinn, 27, Virgo and I was born in Phoenix Arizona. I currently live in Tucson Arizona where I attend college in pursuit of a journalism degree.

I have been working on a project for the past two years and it has now come to the point where I have started recruiting for it. You should look for my soon to come post in announcements. I also worked for a couple months as a community manager for a small video game company, wrote a few articles for Thatvideogameblog.com and spent a fair amount of free time beta testing MMO's.

My first introduction to gaming came when my father bought me a commodore 64 for my birthday. I spent a lot of time on that and even programmed my own pong clone. I soon moved onto DOS, WINDOWS 3.1, Sega and then onto the modern consoles such as x-box and PlayStation. I currently spend a good chunk of my free time playing flash games and XBLA games. Some of my top games that have influenced me are:

Caveman ugh-lympics introduced me to the concept of humor in gaming.

Space Quest was one of those games I ended up following throughout the whole series. Funny and with intelligent writing it cemented the idea that games can and in most cases should have developed stories.

Monkey Island goes down as one of my top ten all time favorite games.

Dune 2 was the first strategy game I ever played. Soon after I started playing playing all strat games I could get my hands on Dark Colony, Command and Conquer and Starcraft.

This may sound like blasphemy to some, but I enjoyed StarTropics far more than Zelda. StarTropics was my Zelda.

And that's about it.
MalcolmLittle
Level 0

Hear me say as the pavement whirls

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2528 on: July 19, 2009, 02:51:20 PM »

My name is Patrick Sandoval, aka MalcolmLittle, and I decided after a few weeks of lurking that it is time to introduce myself. I am a former video games journalist turned game design enthusiast. I live in Stockholm, Sweden.

This is me (at the Guggenheim in NYC).

I used to freelance for a Swedish game magazine publisher called Reset Media, writing mostly news and articles for their spin-off publications. I am now however one of the members of Non Zero Games and we are currently making our first game.

I have always enjoyed gaming but I can say it really got serious when my family bought an Amiga computer. The overall polish and console-like qualities of the games (compared to the pc stuff at the time) really blew me away. More importantly, games such as Moonstone, Oil Imperium and especially the amazing Hired Guns really showed me what multiplayer games could be.

Oil Imperium on the left, Hired Guns on the right.

The game that has left a huge mark on me, and still intrigues me even years later, is Ultima Online. I had always loved the Ultima series but what Richard Garriott, Raph Koster and the others set out to do with UO is ambitious to this day. Everything they did still resonates in MMORPG game play. Their success (and even more, their mistakes!) really showed what was possible (and decidedly “verboten”) in the genre.

More recent games that I’ve loved intensely are Katamari Damacy, Left 4 Dead, Rhythm Tengoku, World of Warcraft and Little Big Planet.

I am for the most part compelled by the multiplayer aspects of game design. I love single player games, don’t get me wrong, but I find that video and computer gaming with more than one person is really still in its adolescence.  There is a lot to be done. Multiplayer game play is either direct combat between players (most FPS or sports games) or total cooperation (games like L4D or LBP). Systems that are based on player interdependency and that mix both cooperation and competition are really the future of multiplayer gaming. That’s what I believe anyway.

TIGSource is great and I hope to be a part of the community. I will also be posting in the DevLogs part of the forum so I hope to see you guys soon.

Update: The devlog can be found here
« Last Edit: July 23, 2009, 01:21:09 PM by MalcolmLittle » Logged

aeiowu
Level 10

Greg Wohlwend

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2529 on: July 19, 2009, 02:58:37 PM »

good to have you here patrick  Beer!

ps. you have the same exact hair/beard pattern as me. Welcome to the brotherhood.  Wink

moonmagic
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2530 on: July 19, 2009, 08:41:08 PM »

This may sound like blasphemy to some, but I enjoyed StarTropics far more than Zelda. StarTropics was my Zelda.

I love StarTropics but it is hard! I finally tracked it down a couple of years ago after futilely googling "dad gets eaten by a whale, magic island?" for quite a while. Stupid snakes that are dumb!

I particularly enjoy the instant death "room filled with water" rooms. I had nightmares about them!

|
Soulshift
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2531 on: July 19, 2009, 09:32:33 PM »

Hi everyone!

I'm not a huge fan of typed monologues so I'll keep this short Smiley

So, I've been an avid watcher of the indie scene for quite some time, and an compulsive game player for longer. I enjoy most genres of games, but I have a particular soft-spot for story-driven titles, whether they be 70-hour JRPGs or bite-sized indie gems.

I've been a programmer for about 10 years, and have been developing games on and off for about 5 of those. I started off like many others with qbasic on a 486, progressing after a few years to Visual Basic then C++. I think I stumbled onto game development after finding regular application stale and thankless Smiley I'm currently employed at a commercial game developer, but I work on my own projects in my spare time.

My other passion is studying the Japanese language and culture. This has, among other things, allowed me to sample a broad spectrum of Japanese indie and commercial titles. As a result, you'll probably find influences from that sphere in much of my other work.

That's about it. Yoroshiku!

node-def: tactical hacking sim. Now in open beta.
Lemming
Level 2

victim of gravity

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2532 on: July 20, 2009, 01:48:23 AM »

Cave Story TIGンソースにようこそ.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2009, 01:52:54 AM by Lemming » Logged

Josh
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2533 on: July 20, 2009, 05:29:14 AM »

Hey guys

My name is Josh, obviously. I've been following the indie scene for quite a while now. I would love to be able to make games one day, but seeing as I can't program and I don't exactly have natural artistic talent it might take quite a while! I guess I'll just stick to playing other people's awesome stuff for now Smiley.

See ya around!
starclover
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2534 on: July 20, 2009, 06:18:34 AM »

hey everyone, name's jonas and I came here to be more part of this community that I've fallen for  Kiss
hehe, seriously though. I used to make simple games and I admire those that do make games here. just hoping to ignite my own spark again  Big Laff
Lemming
Level 2

victim of gravity

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2535 on: July 20, 2009, 06:40:18 AM »

I used to make simple games and I admire those that do make games here. just hoping to ignite my own spark again  Big Laff
Hello and welcome! Start a thread in the feedback forum, that should probably help with motivation, and you get feedback (duh) too! :D

Fats
TIGBaby

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2536 on: July 20, 2009, 02:13:31 PM »

Hi there!

My name's Gareth, I've been a gamer for twenty years and have been developing games as a hobby almost as long!

I started with the Acorn Electron, then onto the BBC Micro. Then came the Amiga years where I not only enjoyed playing all the classic games of that era, but also started a bedroom games programming group, Team Mango. We had a couple of games (Gloss Finish, Psychoblast) featured in Amiga Format's Readers Games section, for those that remember it!

I moved on to PC gaming in 1998 or so, and didn't own a single console until 2002, when I bought myself a Gamecube.

I'm now an avid Xbox gamer, and have re-launched Team Mango to develop games for Xbox Live Indie Games and Windows. I've already released GravSheep on the Community Games service.

My latest game, Dysnomia, is my most ambitious to date and the first time I've worked with an artist. I'm writing a development blog as I go, and have a Facebook page set up to keep people up to date. Some media:

And my Youtube channel with a few videos.

Lead programmer of Team Mango, Developer of Dysnomia and Gravsheep
Evan Balster
Level 10

I live in this head.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2537 on: July 20, 2009, 06:55:21 PM »

Cellulose Man.  Formerly known as Jellyf15h.

Lead programmer, plaidnotion.com.

Previous projects include wAive and Lapratan V1.

Current projects include Savior and I am an Electronic Game.

C++ / Win / GCC / SDL.

Creativity births expression.  Curiosity births exploration.
Our work is as soil to these seeds; our art is what grows from them...

Wreath, SoundSelf, Infinite Blank, Cave Story+, <plaid/audio>
Jolli
« Reply #2538 on: July 20, 2009, 08:17:03 PM »

HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO JELLLLLYFISHHHH !!!!!!!!!!! ... OK IM DONE.
bowser91
« Reply #2539 on: July 21, 2009, 08:13:59 AM »

Hello, I'm Bowser. I've been making (or trying to make) games for almost 10 years now, mainly with Game Maker.
I don't have anything to show right now that I'm happy with, but after a few weeks I'll release a game I've been working on for a while Smiley

I'm a big fan of the MOTHER series, they influence my games a lot.
I like platformers too...
« Last Edit: August 07, 2009, 02:31:07 AM by bowser91 » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 601
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic