Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411507 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 26, 2024, 02:56:49 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 601
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1952302 times)
Adam94
« Reply #2620 on: August 09, 2009, 01:56:00 PM »

I used to play Game Boy on the toilet. I'm thinking of picking that up again.

Go for it. I must have done at least 10 of the 100 hours spent playing pokemon firered on the toilet :p
Imagineergames
Level 1

Sweet Slithering Bogaboo of Serpentine Proportions

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2621 on: August 09, 2009, 02:56:14 PM »

Go for it. I must have done at least 10 of the 100 hours spent playing pokemon firered on the toilet :p

That must mean that Constripation cases were like gaming marathons?

Imagineers of Flights of Fancy!<br /><br />Shades of Violet - Song of the Clockwork Princess
Shizin
Level 0

I'll try not to give up.

View Profile
« Reply #2622 on: August 09, 2009, 03:55:04 PM »

I've been here for some time, so...

My name is Jay and I'm a nerdy teenager.  Giggle
I'm also make art:

My Deviantart:http://shizin.deviantart.com/

I'm not much of a programer, but I have been fiddling around with gamemaker during the summer.  Maybe I'll be able to complete something.  I was never really a gamer when I was little, but I became one when I was about 12.  I'm mostly a nintendo fan, though I'm having second thought about them now.  I only recently got really into indie games, they're much better than mainstream games.  A big fan of World of Goo, Cave Story, and anything Cactus.

Thats basically me...  nothing too special.   Giggle
« Last Edit: August 09, 2009, 04:12:58 PM by Shizin » Logged
NateDog
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2623 on: August 10, 2009, 10:47:16 AM »

Hello all.

I'm not your typical game developer.  My backgrouns is corporate software development and IT services.  I always wanted to develop games and spent a lot of time with torque and with conitec's gamestudio but never was able to complete a full game.

A few years I accidentally stumbled into browser-based games and I now design, develop, manage several as a full-time business.  I own/operate itch.com and a bunch of other game sites where my games are hosted.

As a one-man shop I'm reaching out for inspiration, support, knowledge-sharing, partners for future projects, an occasional kick in the ass when I'm screwing up, a virtual shot of whiskey and a few laughs.  Maybe even a kick in the ass to restart my blog which has been an on and off endeavor for several years.   Gentleman

Marcos_del_bauer
Level 0

My Awesome Skills

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2624 on: August 10, 2009, 11:11:25 AM »

So yeah, my name is Mark Bauer. I'm an amateur gamemaker and stuff. There's not a whole lot I can say. But yeah, you can check out my blog to see some of the stuff I'm working on at http://marcosdelbauer.blogspot.com .

But, I really like games, especially indie games because it seems to be preserving retro style gaming. I guess you can describe me as a retro-gamer.

Wink

ForteDante
Level 0

:D

View Profile
« Reply #2625 on: August 11, 2009, 09:03:20 AM »

Hi. I'm Safeer, and I'm from Australia. Right now I'm still in my first year of University, and I got a lot of free time in my hands.

What else can I say? I love independent gaming, so I've decided to to try my hand at making something (which I'll probably go post at the DevLog). Nice to meet the fine people here.

snoozlebee
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2626 on: August 11, 2009, 09:07:17 AM »

Howdy, y'all.  I'm Caitlin and I'm a freelance animator/illustrator.   I've only dabbled a little in pixel art and I'm woefully ignorant in the world of programming and game design, but I'd sure like to try someday!
Kaizen
TIGBaby

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2627 on: August 11, 2009, 12:15:27 PM »

My name is Scott, and I live in Houston, Texas.  By day, I'm a C# programmer.  By night, I'm building a browser-based caveman game (similar to how Kingdom of Loathing works).

The first games I wrote were about 30 years ago on a Radio Shack color computer.  I remember trying to copy the popular video games of the day, but never being able to fit them in the 3.5K of available RAM.  So, I ended up writing a tank game with no steering or firing (the tanks just crashed in the middle of the screen, and the game was declared a tie) and a Space Invaders clone (again, with no shooting or movement and and end result of the aliens ultimately squashing you).

I don't get into most shooters, and I hate [suck at] any game where I have to jump.  Sometimes I can be found inhabiting the lands of LOTRO and ATITD.
QXD-me
Level 0

Give me but a modicum of anything

View Profile
« Reply #2628 on: August 11, 2009, 02:29:13 PM »

Hello, I exist.

I've been looking at the site for a while and thought I'd say 'yo' and give some random jumbled insight into who I am:
  • I'm natively English, so if my writing seems a little odd, it's intentional. (Ever hear of style? I haven't. Or have I? I'm at a loss as to what point I'm trying to make here.)
  • Next year I go to uni to do maths/CS.
  • I can play a bit of guitar (and even less piano).
  • I read a fair amount, and my favourite authour is Raymond E. Feist.
  • I also love Fruits Basket, both the manga and the anime (the manga's better)
  • I own a PS1 (shared with one brother), a PS2 (shared with 2 brothers) and a PS3 (shared with 3 brothers), though I've comandeered the PS2 for my room and I play pc games. Also, before I had a pc/console, I played my cousin's sega megadrive and my next door neighboor's SNES, those were the days......(try to picture the reminiscence)
  • I can program some very basic C++ and java, though I'm looking to improve (I lack motivation).
  • My past attempts at game making have all failed. I've tried using the game factory (it wasn't too bad) as well as the 3d game maker (it couldn't really have been any worse). I was always stumped by lack of planning, artistic skills and frustration at the limitations of my tools.
  • Some of my favourite games include the dungeon keeper, final fantasy tactics, quake 2 and spyro (the original one). Yeah, I know I'm a bit behind the times...
  • The first indie game I bought was The Path. The second was Defence Grid. My joint thirds were the ones included in the Steam super-duper-ultra-mega deal (I can't remember what it was really called)

Now here's the tale of how I started to get an interest in indie games (because I'm sure you're all dying to know)....

Once apon a time, I was sat at my computer browsing the internet. In case you're interested to know, the website I was perusing was video game related by nature. Somehow I found myself at a blog which metioned the cancellation of a game. It went under the name 8. I was interested enough to follow this through and look up the game. It fascinated me because of it's desire to do something different (a thought train I appreciate and admire) and because it was steeped in the mystery of fairy tales.

For a while that was it. Though I checked back from time to time to see what was happening until I noticed the announcement of The Path. This I followed eagerly and, when it was released, it was time for me to buy. This was more complicated that you may first imagine, since I have a dislike of paying for purely digital products (yep, I buy CDs and iTunes can kiss my arse), though I managed to surpass this impediment (now I quite like buying games on steam, but I still don't pay to download music). An interesting side-note belongs here, in that I'm in no way an artist, I'm always very skeptical of art, yet, somehow, The Path still captivates me and I have no idea why. I don't see metaphors/interpretation when I play and there's no gamplay, as such. Maybe it's just too beautiful for me?

After playing a bit, I started to read the forums, and occasionally join in (I currently hold a lofty post count of 16). From there people linked to other indie games they enjoy and various blogs and the like. I believe that it was from one such blog, or possibly two, from whence I first encountered this TIGSource.

And that brings us to the here and now...... I hope.

Anyway, I plan to make games at some point, but I think I need to shape up a bit (or a lot) first. Also, I'm quite bad at meeting new people and joining new places so don't expect a lot of converstation from me yet. Instead, expect me to be quite lurky, then, even if I'm not, you'll be impressed and surprised (okay, you won't, but I will).

If you think I've missed anything vitally important off this (like my name), ask and I may answer. (If you're really desperate to know more about me, you might like to know that I exist elsewhere as well.)

Yom!
ArmisticeML
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2629 on: August 11, 2009, 02:55:38 PM »

Hey fellow devs and gamers,

My name is Michael Lukiman, and I'm 14 years old.
I like to create things, hence my hobby in game design.
I am currently learning about and with 3D apps, 2D apps, and various scripting and programming languages.
Yepp.

I am currently constructing a 3D rpg-like game for learning purposes, and maybe commercial if even feasible (which I believe it won't be).

I live in the 818 SoCal.
I'm a nerd, but I'm also a generic teen thats in the "crowd". I just don't act like the rest of the crowd.  Wink

Many people know how to best survive life.<br />Few know how to best live it.
Ninteen45
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2630 on: August 12, 2009, 03:33:34 AM »

Hi there.

Yeah, I'm not good at greetings... Hi everyone?
tiagosr
Level 0

How many lightbulbs does it take to change people?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2631 on: August 12, 2009, 11:29:58 AM »

oh, well, I, um, ah...

Gentleman

I'm Tiago, a 25-year-old graphic designer currently living in Rio de Janeiro - Brazil. I've been playing video and computer games since I was 5, on my cousin's 2600, and since that time I've been telling myself I'd be making something like games when I grew up. Since I was 12 I've been studying programming with the express desire to make games and interactive stuff.
Well, here I am, grown-up, recently graduated from university (BA in Industrial Design, specializing in Graphic Design) and still hopping from job to job to get to be financially stable, yet now managing to find (or create, out of nothing  Wink ) some extra time so that I can work on my pet projects, my games, and actually get to show them to the world. This, and I still have my own website to make, which has been taking a shameful amount of time to go online (and this is a note to self).

And this is me:

Well, I hope I get to be a good friend of yours!  Beer!
Theon
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #2632 on: August 12, 2009, 12:34:46 PM »

Okay, I've been lurking these pages for quite some time, and it's probably time for an introduction^^
The main reason that I haven't registered before resently is, I'm afraid, that I didn't feel I had any right because I know less than nothing of programming and scripting (have tried scripting a little in the Python-based dating simulation creator "Ren'py", but that's it).
I am a true gamer at heart, but being born in the beginning of the 90's my top-nostalgic games are from the N64. NES, SNES, and other "old-school" game-types have been downloaded, and enjoyed to no limit, afterwards.
It was mainly through my beloved DS I really caught interest for the whole homebrew/indie culture.

As said earlier, I have no programming skills; but I'm an artist (of some sort:P). So now me and a few friends have put together a small indie-dev group, where I make 3D and 2D art and animation^^ (+ some cheap 8-bit sound effects)

Our game is supposed to be a 2.5D (like Super Smash Bros./New Super Mario Brothers) fast-paced single player/co-operative adventure fighting game with a huge focus on power-ups and pick-up weapons and tools. May also add multiplayer fighting between players if we can^^;

I really love pixel-art, so little flat pixel-tiled sprites are a 'must have' (if you've played SMB on N64,GC or Wii you understand the kind of mix between 2D and 3D we're aiming at:P). My profile pic is an example of how some sprites will look.
Also nice and blotchy red pixel particle-effects for blood is something WE MUST HAVE:P

The control-scheme will be much the same as in Contra; You can aim in eight directions, no mouse aim.

The levels are supposed to consist mainly of 2D art, but we might add 3D props here and there to spice things up:)

Well, enough trying to convince you guys that I'm a game developerXP I hope you welcome me and give me inspiration through both playing your games and hearing your comments and ideas:]

To see more pictures of my art (as if I hadn't already filled this entire page with it^^;) head over to my deviantart page ->> http://theon66.deviantart.com/
aeiowu
Level 10

Greg Wohlwend

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2633 on: August 12, 2009, 10:47:53 PM »

oh, well, I, um, ah...

Gentleman

Ahoy tiagosr! Always good to see a fellow graphic designer making the leap into games.  Beer!

see you around the boards.

Loren Schmidt
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2634 on: August 12, 2009, 10:59:58 PM »

Welcome to the boards!

Tiagosr, that photo makes reminds me very strongly of Escher.
Lemming
Level 2

victim of gravity

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2635 on: August 13, 2009, 01:26:38 AM »

And this is me:
Cool lens trickery. I like this image. :D

inkBot
Level 2

Bumpity

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2636 on: August 13, 2009, 07:31:44 AM »

I just realized that I haven't made a post here yet so I'm gonna do it now, just to be a good sport. Gentleman

I'm Lukas Hägg, a 23-year old artist from Sweden. I studied game design and graphics at Gotland University and am currently returning to school to start a year long XNA project.

My main forte is pixel art and comics but I dabble in a lot of other things as well, such as creating music with FL Studio (or Nitrotracker on the go. Wooh!) and 3D modeling.

I'm currently mucking around with Puppetshop, hoping to use it for my game (Max Biped, oh how I loathe thee AngryHand Shake Right ).

I've worked with TGF/MMF2 for years, but have recently moved on to work with more "proper" code. I'll probably still use MMF2 for smaller projects though.

The first game I played was Super Mario Bros when I was two years old. I'm an avid Megaman fan. My favourite SNES game is Terranigma.

There, back to work! Hand JoystickCrazyHand Joystick

Edit: Oh yeah, and this is me (at GGA playing my friends' game, Exhaust)
« Last Edit: August 13, 2009, 07:35:13 AM by inkBot » Logged

"If there's two ways to interpret something and one is stupid, pick the other way."
Theon
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #2637 on: August 13, 2009, 08:37:04 AM »

Edit: Oh yeah, and this is me (at GGA playing my friends' game, Exhaust)

Nice beard My Word!
Dom2D
Level 5

I'll do it myself then!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2638 on: August 13, 2009, 08:45:37 AM »

Hey there!

My name's Dom2D, I'm a 25 y-old professional game designer and artist overflowing with ideas and the will to make them solid, original games. I am very familiar with high-level game design, 2D interface design, concept illustration, asset making, communication with programmers and the overall structure of game production. I don't have lots of art pieces to show, but you can visit http://www.dom2d.com for a bunch of sketches, illustrations, crappy comics and experimental stuff.

Professionally I have completed 2 successful casual games in a small Montreal company and am continuing work on the Where's Waldo? games as an Art Director and Game Designer. At home, I always have a few comic book and games projects running. Sadly, they rarely see the light of day! Lately I've decided to work on smaller projects, to complete and release them, learning more about the process and working my way towards larger scope projects.

I have been playing games since I got my NES at Christmas in 1986, along with Super Mario Bros. These days, I'm spending a lot of time trying out every indie game I can find, looking mostly for original and rewarding gameplay mechanics. I'm hooked on Spelunky (650 games for now), Final Fantasy Tactics, Valve's first person shooters, Professor Layton, Castlevania games, etc. I read tons of comics every week, watch way too many movies, and draw all the time.

(Also, I am francophone, so pardon me if a couple of mistakes find their way in my posts! Gentleman)

Here's a couple sketches and concept art for side projects.

Send me a message if you want to collaborate, chat or discuss anything!

« Last Edit: August 13, 2009, 10:40:55 AM by dom2d » Logged

Imagineergames
Level 1

Sweet Slithering Bogaboo of Serpentine Proportions

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2639 on: August 13, 2009, 12:21:54 PM »

Hey there!

My name's Dom2D, I'm a 25 y-old professional game designer and artist overflowing with ideas and the will to make them solid, original games. I am very familiar with high-level game design, 2D interface design, concept illustration, asset making, communication with programmers and the overall structure of game production. I don't have lots of art pieces to show, but you can visit http://www.dom2d.com for a bunch of sketches, illustrations, crappy comics and experimental stuff.

Professionally I have completed 2 successful casual games in a small Montreal company and am continuing work on the Where's Waldo? games as an Art Director and Game Designer. At home, I always have a few comic book and games projects running. Sadly, they rarely see the light of day! Lately I've decided to work on smaller projects, to complete and release them, learning more about the process and working my way towards larger scope projects.

I have been playing games since I got my NES at Christmas in 1986, along with Super Mario Bros. These days, I'm spending a lot of time trying out every indie game I can find, looking mostly for original and rewarding gameplay mechanics. I'm hooked on Spelunky (650 games for now), Final Fantasy Tactics, Valve's first person shooters, Professor Layton, Castlevania games, etc. I read tons of comics every week, watch way too many movies, and draw all the time.

(Also, I am francophone, so pardon me if a couple of mistakes find their way in my posts! Gentleman)

Here's a couple sketches and concept art for side projects.

Send me a message if you want to collaborate, chat or discuss anything!

Darn Dom, You've got some amazing art there! Really cool style.

Imagineers of Flights of Fancy!<br /><br />Shades of Violet - Song of the Clockwork Princess
Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 601
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic