Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 12:20:29 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 ... 601
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1951274 times)
inkBot
Level 2

Bumpity

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2640 on: August 14, 2009, 04:14:56 AM »

Nice beard My Word!

Why thank you Gentleman

"If there's two ways to interpret something and one is stupid, pick the other way."
smasher
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2641 on: August 14, 2009, 10:32:04 AM »

Hello, I'm Sean Maher, a new subscriber and poster. I just finished my first iPhone game and am trying to garner some feedback and press attention - I quit my job at the ripe old age of 35 to make a game, so I think I have an interesting story.

My game "Dead Panic" is not a financial success yet, but I'm very happy with what I've been able to accomplish and I'm proud of the end product and the accolades it's getting.

Hopefully I will be able to post a happy Indie success story soon! I expect the situation will change from "no one will answer my emails" to "sites are fighting for exclusives" soon!

PS - I've also started blogging about my experience as an Indie:
http://deadpanic.com/make_a_game_1k
« Last Edit: August 14, 2009, 10:37:26 AM by smasher » Logged

zweifel
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2642 on: August 14, 2009, 07:21:55 PM »

hoho, this is the hugest "introduce yourself" i ve ever seen...

So who am I? well I am zweifel, a programmer... I think I can better describe myself by the things I love doing. I love to research Artificial Intelligence and to create complex Games.
In my website there are much more things that I have done and been doing... fog.neopages.org

Currently I am the leader of a project to create a 3D Game Engine focused on gameplay, at the same time we are developing a Game which is an Action RPG with everything modifiable, from history to terrain.
Ah... talking is easy, so here are some screenshots:

And More: http://fog.neopages.org/wotb/wotb_screenshots.php

If you are interested, here is our Project's Page is here: wotb.neopages.org
Our Engine is in its intermediary state and we are able now to receive further members, because it is old enough to have different places to develop in parallel. So if you like our proposition and have some time, drop by and say us a hello...
We are also accepting artists, since the engine could receive new characters by just changing a Lua script...

Aside from that, since I research AI, I create some Genetic Algorithms and Neural Networks... I am right now researching a new GA and developing a new model of NN that could handle thousands of variables... but I think here is not the best place to post it, is it?

So this are what I do, I hope you know all more about myself...

Ah, I like to experiment with new things on my spare time (when I am not doing the two things above), So I create some simple drawings like:

Here is my Art Page: http://www.fog.neopages.org/graphics.php

Ann Ishman
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2643 on: August 14, 2009, 08:32:53 PM »

Hello. I am a person, much like yourselves. I also happen to enjoy games in video form. With all this we have in common I think we will get along swell. I enjoy moody, atmospheric games (i.e. Team Ico, Cactus Software, Nifflas' Games, etc), but that doesn't mean I won't dabble in the occasional space marine saga, point-and-click-click-click, or a random roll of the dice.

I've been teaching myself how to twiddle the 1's and 0's, and I am becoming more and more familiar with the peculiar world of pixel art. Combining these skills I might become responsible for a game or two of my own.

I do not have a site yet, and I do not have anything I would be comfortable with sharing. I hope this means we can still be friends?
NateDog
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2644 on: August 14, 2009, 09:23:46 PM »

@smasher ... great couple of posts on your blog.  I'm looking forward to following the progress and cheering you past $20,390!
Riley Adams
Level 5

I don't actually use Ubuntu much...

View Profile
« Reply #2645 on: August 15, 2009, 03:54:53 PM »

Hi everyone!

I'm Riley Adams, I'm a 17 year old aspiring game developer. Programming is my main interest (I've been learning/using C++ for nearly 3 years now), though I also enjoy 3d modeling/animation (my programmer art has been known to pass for 'art' on occasion...).

I'm working on a 3d physics puzzle game in my spare time. If I can get it reasonably complete by November (I'm finishing up the coding over the next week, so it'll be a matter of art and level design) I'll probably enter it in the IGF, not sure I have much of a chance, since visually it's not very 'indie'-looking (going more for realism, since I'm not artistic enough to pull off the bright/cartoony look), but I think I've got some cool mechanics going, so it's worth a shot.

Ilmuri
Level 0

>:|

View Profile
« Reply #2646 on: August 16, 2009, 02:45:08 AM »

I'm Yet Another Finn from the cold, reclusive northern part of Finland. I always sucked at games when I was little, so I preferred to watch my friends play. My life officially ended when my father hauled my first computer in from work, a Macintosh 128k. I moved on to PC somewhere during 2001 and home internet only reached me at 2003. So sad. :<
I've made games as a hobby for a long time, starting with KnP on a friend's PC before starting school. Last six years I've spent programming, mostly with a not-very-notorious Finnish game programming language called CoolBasic. I'm just too lazy to move on to anything better~
BlueSweatshirt
Level 10

the void

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2647 on: August 16, 2009, 06:20:38 PM »

Okay, so, like.

It seems I never actually introduced myself.
Since it's obligatory, I'm sure I should. Else the evil ninjas would come after me once I hit a post count of 20.

Now then.
I'm Jack Sanders, a game developer. Although namely a programmer.

I work for Team Skyfire, a small Indie team devoted to creating some damn good Indie games. I'm their programming junkie/slacker.

Shmups are my main interest in gaming. I think the best games are the ones that don't require lots of time and effort in each sitting. That the best games are the games that you don't stress about having to get that next level up, or unlocking a better gun.
Although games like so are definitely fun, games that aren't like that are the ones I enjoy the most. Sadly, I live in America, so it's hard to find the kind of gaming I enjoy outside of the Indie scene. Not to say I don't regret it!

I mostly program in C++ and use Game Maker as a rapid-prototype. I originally started with Game Maker, around five or six years ago. Since around two years ago, I started learning/using C++. Just today I finished my first experimental game using Allegro, being my first ever completed game in C++.

ragnor
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2648 on: August 17, 2009, 02:50:48 AM »

Hmm, I'm a programmer and newbie game designer from Turkey. I have been silently reading this forum for a long time and decided that i should join and write as well.

I'm an avid fan of rpg, both pen&paper and computer rpgs. I was one of the guy who thought "they don't make games as they did at the past". I missed those good games from 80s and 90s. Then i find Indie Games. The kind of games i want to play and make. As all of the kids who learned a programming language, i did try to make makes but after i find out indie games i find my direction, my goal.

So i'm here. Trying to make indie games. Indie Rpgs mostly. My game development teams website went online recently. For now, there is a couple of freeware games a make but in time, i hope there will be much more freeware and shareware games in that site. Oh, by the way you can visit my website from www.bitwise-studios.com.
Maker_of_pixels
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2649 on: August 17, 2009, 06:24:13 PM »

I am the head developer of SteamPunk online. I like to work on that as well as play Mount & Blade and Half Life. I hate Halo and every game on console systems. Except MediEvil, that was awesome.
Jason Bakker
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2650 on: August 18, 2009, 12:57:37 AM »

Greetings fellow indies!

I'm Jason, a gamemaker from Melbourne, Australia. I work as a designer/programmer at a game developer called Wicked Witch Software during the day, while at nights I create independent games. I'm currently working on an indie iPhone game with a couple of friends from university - we're not at a stage were we can release info about it yet, but we're pretty excited about how it's going...

My main interest, and the focus of my personal work is making games that have entertaining stories and interesting, multifaceted characters, in which gameplay and story are deeply intertwined.

Lemming
Level 2

victim of gravity

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2651 on: August 18, 2009, 02:49:27 AM »

my friends dont play puyo games with me anymore...

Me either.. Sad

reading page 41/179

AfterShave
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2652 on: August 18, 2009, 03:15:43 AM »

Hello there everyone on the forums.
My name is Henrik Bergström and I am from sweden. I'm 16 years old and I am currently studying to be a programmer, so hopefully I might add a game here in a  distant future ^^.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2009, 03:23:56 AM by AfterShave » Logged
hackdirt
Level 0

a

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2653 on: August 18, 2009, 04:58:48 AM »

Hi folks,

I'm a programmer based in Wellington, New Zealand. I started game programming at a very young age on the Amiga - in C of all languages. However, for the last 5-6 since leaving university I've worked mainly for web startups. I'm certainly not a professional game developer or designer.

Despite this, I recently left my job to start a games company with a friend. We don't have any concrete ambitions - mainly just to see how far we can get with the singular aim of making really good, unique games. One of our first projects is an iPhone physics game called "Smashed". There are a couple of screenshots available at our site: www.hackdirt.com. Check it out and let me know what you think.

I've been a subscriber to the TIGSource blog for a long time and I didn't realise the forum was so active, so I'm very happy to sign up.

Cheers
David
kyle24
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2654 on: August 18, 2009, 02:30:39 PM »

hi im kevin im 12 and i like to play games lol Screamy Screamy Screamy Screamy Screamy Screamy Screamy Screamy Screamy Screamy Screamy Screamy
^that smiley is funny ^^
shadow-worm
Level 0

Creature of the Mid-Afternoon

View Profile
« Reply #2655 on: August 18, 2009, 06:22:44 PM »

I was told I should probably put up a little post in this topic. I'm not one for long, detailed introductions, so, let me tell you: I go by the handle under which I post and I rather do enjoy indie games.

How do you do?
Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2656 on: August 18, 2009, 06:28:45 PM »

Pretty good, thanks.

I saw your little slip-up. Noir

Destral
Level 10

Climbing that mountain...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2657 on: August 18, 2009, 11:05:48 PM »

Hi, my name is Kumar Daryanani, I usually go by Destral on the internets where I can get the name. I'm a long-time lurker, recent registerer and first-time poster here on the TIGForums.

I'm a long-time gamer, got started on the Vic-20 and from there moved on to the c-64, NES, SNES, and so forth. A lot of the outstanding games I've played and loved have already been mentioned here (LttP, Archon, X-com, Castlevania SOTN, Diablo to name a few). I'm currently a QA tester by day and budding indie developer by night. I'm currently learning to use Game Maker, since it appears to be powerful enough to make some of my smaller-scale game projects. Once I've gained some degree of mastery with that, I intend to proceed to learn programming.

I'm looking forward to participating more actively in this great community you folks have here.

Currently working on: Sword Surfer
resistor
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2658 on: August 20, 2009, 10:14:36 PM »

* resistor waves

I've been trying and failing to get started making simple games for a long time, and I'm vaguely hoping that getting involved around here might help!
Steve
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2659 on: August 20, 2009, 10:47:02 PM »

*waves at resistor

That's pretty much me, too. I joined TIG after Melbourne's Freeplay shindig, since we're all hooking up and TIGForums is where the organisation is going down, it seems.

But I have a habit of spending too much time yakking on forums and not working, so maybe this is a double edged sword.. We shall see.  Wink
Pages: 1 ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 ... 601
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic