Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 18, 2024, 11:32:21 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 197 198 [199] 200 201 ... 601
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1942146 times)
s.barbarie
« Reply #3960 on: October 20, 2010, 12:59:59 AM »

Welcome SmokingSpoon!

I feel like im opening the door to someone from a house that's not even mine. hu..

welcome anyway man!
ANtY
Level 10

i accidentally did that on purpose

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3961 on: October 21, 2010, 09:24:51 AM »

Hi guys, im new on this forum.
I am 17 yo and im living in Poland.
Im programming, sometimes making graphics to mine projects, im a designer too. But i never made any music cuz i hate it Smiley
I have been using game maker bout 1 year ago, but now im writing games mainly in c++.
Some of my unfinished projects:

Glorious   (multiplayer turn-based strategy)

http://www.moddb.com/games/glorious

I was a manager and designer in this projects (some little coding too).
But ppl who were making this game with me get bored (wtf?) and project got stalled.

Then i wrote some simple tower defense and made all graphics by myself - http://anty.pigames.pl/utdod.html
(screens, description and download in this link)

Now im working on 2 projects,
sequel of that tower defense http://anty.pigames.pl/utdod2.html
(now its rly funny game)
and
With waxx we are finishing Strange World: Castaway ( http://www.moddb.com/games/strange-world-castaway )
about which ill probably create new topic in feedback category when we will finish our gameplay video from game.
SW:C is made in GameMaker and im a coder, visual artist and level designer in this project.

Sometimes im drawing something on tablet but rly rarely so im not so good in this:
http://anty.pigames.pl/images/drapieznik.png
http://anty.pigames.pl/images/wielkanoc.png
http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/9738/wojnabogow.png
http://anty.pigames.pl/images/kosmita.png

Im a creator of polish site bout indie games which we launched in previous month: http://pigames.pl/ (only in polish)

Thats all bout me, hope i wrote that what i should in this thread Smiley

mude
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3962 on: October 22, 2010, 02:12:25 PM »

I've just noticed this thread.

My name is Giulio,I'm 21 and I'm a computer science student and a wannabe game developer.

Spam Section:

This is the most underrated game EVER!

This is my Website

This is my Twitter

« Last Edit: October 27, 2010, 08:44:43 AM by mude » Logged

ella guro
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3963 on: October 23, 2010, 10:36:59 PM »

hey everybody! My name is Liz. I'm a musician/composer who's trying to get into doing game music. I have done remixes on OCR (ocremix.org) in the past, though under a different name (I really wish they'd change it already). My music tends to be "experimental" or "unique" according to other people. I also would like to design games. I used to design levels for Mario and Wolfenstein and found it immensely fun and rewarding, though I don't have any other real experience. Ultimately I want to pick up things at my own pace and experiment with different ideas until I can come up with something truly fun and original, even if it's in a very limited scope.

I'm also interested in writing game criticism/journalism. I have a blog I just started recently here, though I'm reevaluating what I want to do with it.

Some of my favorite games are Mario 3, Deus Ex, Silent Hill 2, Anachronox, Earthbound and Duke Nukem 3D.

I look forward to hanging around here more often!
Paint by Numbers
« Reply #3964 on: October 23, 2010, 11:06:21 PM »

Greets, everyone! Welcome to TIGS!
edwood_grant
Level 0

The problem with life is that there is no OST

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3965 on: October 24, 2010, 07:07:56 AM »

Hello everyone!
I have been a long time lurker, but I finally decided to create an account on this site Smiley.

My name is Italo Felipe Capasso Ballesteros... on the internets I am usually know as "Edwood Grant". I live in Bogotá-Colombia (South America Tongue) an I am 24 years old at the time of writing this Smiley.

I have recently graduated from Universidad de Los Andes in Colombia in Computer Engineering... but I have always created games log since I was in primary school. (In fact I studied this to become a game programmer only). My skills at this moment are programming in Java, C# (Using tools like Unity 3D or XNA), Actionscript 3.0.. adn that would be it. I have used tools like Freebasic, UDK, Construct and Game Maker, and even Atari programming (Batari basic woo!) for my own amusement too... What I mean in the end is that i like to take a challenge a learn new programming languages and tools if the skill is needed in the future

My first game was in Basic in a Textas Instruments TI-99 (Yay, old!) and my second one in an old Machintosh (with system 6) with Q-Basic... there were simple text adventures, the second one with simple animation, but I loved them Smiley.

Since then I've been making games whenever I can. Right now the only interesting thing I am doing, is that I am making a game for the casual game design competition #9 in JayisGames, and I am writing articles about videogames, focusing on the independent scene and such (although I am not being paid, it is still fun Smiley) in a spanish speaking web portal called www.egamers.com (I am also trying to find some work to do, but man game development in a place where very few do it is hard Tongue)

Here in Colombia only recently the game making industry is starting to take baby steps... but I hope in the future it will become a great place to make videogames.

Oh, btw my favorites games include Super Mario 64,  Kirby Super Star, Half Life 2, Dune II, Dark Castle and Beyond Dark Castle, Leisure Suit Larry, Lemmings, Braid, Company of Heroes, Starcraft I and II.... and that are all of the ones I remember I liked Smiley I am sure I have missed a lot.

PD: Just remembered that I have a personal web page here.. you can check in my protfolio some of my personal projects Smiley.

Glitchy Pixel webpage
http://glitchypixel.com.co
My articles at egamers.com (spanish) here
Vengeance is cold and sweet... just like an ice cream! :D
PS: Bogotá-Colombia is in South America
Gnome
Level 0

Gnomes are independtly produced fantasy creatures.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3966 on: October 24, 2010, 09:07:38 AM »

Hey everyone,

it's Gnome (you can also call me Gnomey and pet me behind the ears if you will) and I've been lurking here for ages, though I have also been commenting on the TIG Source blog for quite some time. You might have read my blog (hint: it's mentioned on the TIGS sidebar), which would be nice. Anyway. Joined the forums and wanted to say hi. Will eventually share some thoughts on a few upcoming projects of mine.

Cheers everyone!

Pet a gnome at www.gnomeslair.com ...They'll all pet you back.
gamecreator
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3967 on: October 24, 2010, 02:57:43 PM »

Hi!  I go by gamecreator.  Game creation has been my hobby for years.  I enjoy pretty much all aspects of it, especially the fantasizing of one day finally finishing one.
wilbefast
Level 1

I am the cat who walks by himself.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3968 on: October 25, 2010, 03:46:48 AM »

Forgot to add: you could say that I'm "from" the Wolfire Forums, in that I've probably spent more time there than anyone else. Anybody else from that crowd (I know Capn Lee and Tokage are here somwhere)?

Liosan
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #3969 on: October 25, 2010, 06:36:42 AM »

Hi everyone Smiley I recently found these forums. It's weird that I missed them - there's a lot going on here, with people from various walks of the gamedev life.

I've been programming games as a hobby for a couple years now, and I'm really interested in the game development process as a whole. I hope I get more involved one day Smiley

Liosan

Ishi
Pixelhead
Level 10

coffee&coding

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3970 on: October 25, 2010, 09:40:19 AM »

Welcome to all new members! Have a coffee on me. Coffee

RotateMe
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3971 on: October 25, 2010, 11:53:30 AM »

Just read in another thread that you are to introduce yourself, so I missed that (and hijacked some free feedback - shame on me) but will do so now.

I've been developing a roguelike for about five years but got sick of the code and the programming language (BlitzBasic). This is a screenshot of the game and this is a screenshot from how I was developing it back then.

Since I loved the roguelike genre so much I gave it a try two more times in the 7 day roguelike contents and released this and this little game. The latter of which I like a lot although it didn't get much attention Cry

After that I got my hang of more "casual" games, I think Spelunky kind of drew me to them, but I don't really remember. So I'm currently working on Kawaii Mermaid but I'm stuck on level designing right now (which was one thing you didn't have to worry so much with roguelike). The latest thing I did was the following mockup, a tribute to Spelunky ... ... ... maybe something real?

escaper
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3972 on: October 25, 2010, 02:41:37 PM »

Hi all,

I'm looking to network and connect with other professionals, developers and gamers in the online gaming industry! I will be letting you know of upcoming events in the Bay Area that are opportunities for you to network and mingle with others.

An upcoming SF WAM Social Mixer is tomorrow, Oct. 26th @ 6:30pm in SF. RSVP here: bit.ly/9oGiPM

Thanks,
escaper
Zillix
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3973 on: October 26, 2010, 11:50:00 PM »

Hey everyone!

I've been a game programmer for at least 5 years now, but I've just recently started publishing (read: finishing) games.  I started in java but have moved on to AS3 development, most recently in flixel.  I've started getting involved with the ludum dare community, which has encouraged me to actually finish some projects.  I look forward to a bright future of wonderful game developing!

-Zillix
ItBurn
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3974 on: October 27, 2010, 10:16:09 AM »

Hi there.

I've been in love with video games since the first personal computer I got when I was very very young.  It didn't even have a hard disk.  Soon I decided that making video games was my dream.

Now I founded my own indie studio called Blazing Bit Games and am now making my dream come true Grin.

I'm a hardcore PC gamer.  To me, console gaming died after the SNES.  I do enjoy the Nintendo DS because there's a lot of old style games on there.
vince
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3975 on: October 27, 2010, 11:54:14 PM »

Hi everyone,

My name is Vincent Low from Singapore, and I am one of the developers at Tzai Entertainment (www.tzai-entertainment.com)

I was trained as an artist, although I do some coding here and there. My previous job was technical artist at Rare Ltd in the UK. Nowadays i have to do everything  Cheesy

The latest project I am working on now is Shmusicup (http://tzai-entertainment.com/games/shmusicup/) It is a shmup and music game hybrid that generates enemy bullet patterns based on the player's mp3. (Bit of shameless publicity here  Tongue )

I love innovative and interesting games, which is why I like indie games so much. My favorite game is Tetris (hey, every game during that era was an indie game!), as this is the simplest yet most addictive game I have ever played in my life (well, up till now)

Have been reading the TIGSource blog and forums for years but never registered, and it's about time to do so now. Very nice to meet all of you!

Vincent

qmvo73hoy
« Reply #3976 on: October 28, 2010, 06:33:13 PM »

Hi, I make games.
I have a website: http://alastairjohnjack.com/
Ninjagorilla
Level 0

Simogo yo!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3977 on: October 29, 2010, 01:00:06 AM »

Hello! This seems like friendly place.
I'm Simon!
Me and a a monster robot coder called Gordon have got a game company together in Sweden - Simogo.
http://www.simogo.com.

Before going indie we worked on some downloadable console games. Some remakes like Lode Runner, R-Type Dimensions, Tecmo Bowl. The last of those big projects we worked on was ilomilo, which I art directed (actually I made most of the art assets).
Now we're focusing on smaller experiences. Fast, arcade-ish stuff. 'Cause that's what we enjoy! Right now we're focusing on iOS stuff.

Also, I think Odama for Gamecube is the most underrated game ever.

I think that's it for now!
IvanStorm
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3978 on: October 30, 2010, 05:55:20 AM »

Hey all!

I'm new here, so let me introduce myself. My name is Ivan, I'm a web-developer. For the past 2 years me and my brother have been working on an ambitious Silverlight browser game, a multiplayer Risk/Civilization hybrid (with no previous game-developing experience, hehe).

Anyway, we're finally ready to release it, and I'm very curious about the public reception. I'm gonna post more about the game in a separate thread, meanwhile, here's a link to the website, if you're curious: http://afterwind.com.

Cheers!
okapako
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3979 on: October 31, 2010, 08:59:10 AM »

Hello everybody, I'm an indie working on my first game: Frankie's Quest (frankiesquest.blogspot.com). Although this is a small game, I've learned a lot from the process already and hope to put that experience into the games I'll make in the future. Best of luck to all the indies!
Pages: 1 ... 197 198 [199] 200 201 ... 601
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic