Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411507 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 26, 2024, 05:05:14 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 601
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1952326 times)
ParaboL
Level 0

bleh

View Profile
« Reply #400 on: January 17, 2008, 05:41:04 PM »

I'm a hairy midget who works for a large commercial game's company. I was a student at a uni, but now I'm not. I've been lurking around the indie community for years, and was even in Virtually Real for a little while, although I never actually released a game. Hopefully at some point this year, I'll finally have my name in the credits of a game.
Boder
Level 0

Player One

View Profile
« Reply #401 on: January 18, 2008, 07:44:28 PM »

I'm skinny, young, and strange. Fit right in?

New here, but not other places. There are a lot of forums out there.

Was going to "spam" my game to see if any cool cats wanted to join up, didn't know what the talent was like here from the development rather than player perspective.

See my sig if you're really interested.
Gazillion
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #402 on: January 19, 2008, 11:38:01 AM »

Hello ladies and mostly gents,

I have been lurking on tigsource for quite a while but just finally decided sign up so I could one day whore my game (if I can ever finish one). I've been a member of gamedev for a few years but only became interested in the indie scene after playing Cave Story and Ravuya's Glow.

I started gaming really young because my father owned a video store so I got to bring the NES, SNES, and Sega Genesis at home pretty much anytime I wanted (luckiest kid in town). As a kid I played the hell out of Mario, Blades of Steel, Final Fantasy, Bubble Bobble.

Funny story: I'm french canadian and so my english was piss poor but I still played games. When started games in Blades of Steel I'd always pick "pro" without knowing what it meant totally baffling my older cousin who didn't believe I could win (which I did everytime). I would play against my next door neighbour who had a turbo controller and I'd still win every faceoff.

When I first beat Garland in FF1 (after discovering how to equip stuff I bought) I thought I had beat the game...

Anyways back to the future: I'm a software engineering student at the University of Ottawa and I'll graduate soon... hopefully. I love RPGs but I'm getting tired of all the new stuff that comes out (I'm not really getting a kick out of it anymore). The DS is my favourite console.

I hope to contribute to the indie scene some way or another.

(pictars maek intro posts bettar!)

Evilish
« Reply #403 on: January 20, 2008, 07:49:51 AM »

Evilish here, indie game programmer.

I don't know much about when the first games I played, probably too far back. But basically I'm a 18yr C++/PHP/GML/AS3.0 programmer, dragged here by sharksweetheart to apparently help liven up the place... idk...

I have a website, quite outdated at that. It's based on an indie game I've been porting to Nintendo DS

http://evilish.soulbreakers.com/jumper/

Shame though, most of the images are down, and I just noticed.

My favorite game of all time would be Final Fantasy 6 (or 3... or... can't really remember the japan-usa numbering). It taught me that useless items can add to the game play, and the frustration in trying to clock the game, ^_^

Apart from this site, I'm an active member of 64Digits, it's a great lil indie site, focused mostly around Game Maker though.

Thats my latest game project, though the end product may not have any softbodies at all. I'm not exactly a good physics programmer, though it is all my own code, the main thing I seem good at is building a collision system. It's all based on triangle points, entirely number based (so it's fast), and it still lets me add bezier curves to my levels.

Anyway, I guess I'll snoop around this place, look for maybe a graphics artist, seeing as my last one bailed on me from day one after I asked for a level design. (where else have you heard that on this forum?)

Well, thats all, hope to see more C++ programmers on here
 - Evilish
Jolli
« Reply #404 on: January 20, 2008, 07:34:03 PM »

aww i thought your name was evilfish  Sad
DragonSix
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #405 on: January 22, 2008, 12:59:21 AM »

I'm a 22 year old indie-wannabe. Mostly inspired by the console-side of gaming, JRPG is my favorite gameplay style.
My top 3 favorites indie games are Chalk, Knytt and Toribash.

I'm reading the forum since some times now and I really like it. If I manage to make a good game I will eventually pollute the feedback forum with it. You're all warned :p

PS: oh, and my retarded pseudonym is a name I go by for a veryyy long time, and unfortunately got used to it.
Call me D6 for short.

(sorry for the messy English, I'm French, don't hit me s'il-vous-plait)
« Last Edit: January 22, 2008, 01:22:25 AM by DragonSix » Logged
noodleJuice
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #406 on: January 23, 2008, 08:50:40 AM »

Hi all, I am noodleJuice the programmer and am currently working on Zompocalypse with none other than farmerGnome (though, a farmer of what I have not been informed).  I grew up on a diet of Atari 2600, Sega SC3000-H, C64, Gameboy, SNES, Megadrive and PC games.  Tend to find most genres enjoyable with the exception of military flight sims where I tend to get bored and crash into the ground.  Noteable favorites:

Monkey Island 1, 2
Zelda III
The Last Ninja 1, 2
Buggy Boy
Super Probotector (or, Contra III if you will)
Landstalker (yes, I am one of those)
Fallout
Maniac Mansion

... the list goes on really.  I've logged altogether too many hours in front of a PC playing games.  But then, is there really such thing as too much? Wink

Peace out.
Camdag
Pixelhead
Level 1

sauce

View Profile
« Reply #407 on: January 23, 2008, 06:05:49 PM »

My name is Cameron Croft. I am an art student, with a great interest in pixel art and indy games. Sadly, I know nothing of programming. I like to spend my days makin' up mock-ups, and chillin' on these boards. I signed up because Derek Yu is excellent, and I've been following his work for a long time. 'Sup Derek.
Derek
Bastich
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #408 on: January 23, 2008, 06:16:14 PM »

'Sup, dude.  You rock.
Camdag
Pixelhead
Level 1

sauce

View Profile
« Reply #409 on: January 23, 2008, 07:01:33 PM »

Right back atcha, D-Rack.
fish
DOOMERANG
Level 10

cant spell selfish without fish

View Profile WWW
« Reply #410 on: January 24, 2008, 08:41:36 AM »

D-Rack?

Lith
Level 0

Stand tall and shake the heavens.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #411 on: January 24, 2008, 10:40:55 AM »

Is that supposed to be like "Derek"?   Undecided

Creative Director, Team Colorblind
www.aztezgame.com
Camdag
Pixelhead
Level 1

sauce

View Profile
« Reply #412 on: January 24, 2008, 03:25:30 PM »

No, I am talking about breast sizes, keep up with me now.
Golds
Loves Juno
Level 10

Juno sucks

View Profile WWW
« Reply #413 on: January 27, 2008, 12:56:12 AM »

Camdag, I thought I might have had something to do with your joining of the TIGSource.   Cool

@doomlaser, mark johns
Corpus
« Reply #414 on: January 29, 2008, 10:28:34 AM »

Perhaps not, Golds, but my having joined is entirely thanks to you. You may not know me, but I have been watching you for some time.

I generally go by Corpus on the wide webs, but I use various other pseudonyms (the most notable one being CRPS) when I want to mess with people's minds.

I'm 17. I used to play games on some variety of ancient BBC computer when I was four or five, but after that the first game I played was Tetris DX on the GBC when I was 7. I then got a PSX, a PS2, a Cube, a Wii and, most recently, a 360, as well as a GBA, GBA SP and DS along the way. I've also been interested in older games since my family first bought a Windows PC (having previously used a Mac) when I was 9 and I suddenly found myself able to download and run NES and SNES emulators, Balloon Fight being a favourite of the time.

My favourite games are EarthBound, Half-Life 2 (and pretty much everything else Valve has ever made), Rez, Mario, Zelda and AirBuccaneers (an amazing mod for UT2004). I've enjoyed indie games for some time, and have been following tigsource for about 7 months now. My favourite indie game is probably Knytt Stories.

I made my first (horrendously ugly) webpage when I was 10, and got into Flash programming when I was 12. I don't do much programming any more, but have, recently, started trying to make a game in XNA. I'm by no means a strong programmer, since my experience has been very sporadic, but I still don't want to use something like Game Maker because it seems too easy. I am yet to finish a game.

I'm currently working on a game in XNA. Also, while I'm new to these forums, I have taken part in many discussions of games in general, games as art and indie games. I tend to write a lot in such discussions, but it is always far more interesting than this post, which I suspect is thoroughly boring.

I've also dabbled in pixel art (in fact, I think I found tigsource after reading Derek Yu's pixel art tutorial).

Hello, everyone, and I apologise if you've read this far.
Guert
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #415 on: January 29, 2008, 10:31:28 AM »

You may not know me, but I have been watching you for some time.
That's the kind of intro I like Smiley
Welcome aboard! Grin

skaldicpoet9
Level 10

"The length of my life was fated long ago "

View Profile
« Reply #416 on: January 29, 2008, 09:50:10 PM »

welcome aboard corpus Smiley

\\\\\\\"Fearlessness is better than a faint heart for any man who puts his nose out of doors. The date of my death and length of my life were fated long ago.\\\\\\\"
team_q
Level 10

Divide by everything is fine and nothing is wrong.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #417 on: January 30, 2008, 09:05:38 PM »

*Ding*

I figured I'd wait till post 100 until I did one of these, I hate when I get involved with something and after about a month I quit, so I had to make sure this wasn't one of those times, and whelp, 100 posts is a good indication, So yeah.

I'm a second year student of Game Development at Algonquin College in Ottawa, our year will be the second year to graduate, which is kinda exciting. I am a pretty intuitive programmer, I do well in C++, C#, Java and ActionScript; I can do some PHP and HTML when nessisary. I love graphic art, lately trying my hand at pixel art, but I'm not the best at it.
I love going to gaming trade shows, I've been to MIGS twice and PAX once, which is one hell of a drive.

I have yet to finish a game to completion but I've started several, none of which I'm too proud of yet, I hope to get something done soon, hahaha.

My favorite Indie game is Dwarf Fortess, the complexity of that game is so interesting, I introduced it to 3 more people who play the game regulary and dozens more that have tried it but can't get passed the interface. I cannot shut up about this game.

Lately I've been trying to get more fun out of video games; trying to break away from the increasing minor goal treadmill. Games have been to safe lately, and I've been having fun trying and failing at new things. I want to believe in the game itself not the victory conditions, and I think Indie games are helping me work towards that.

My first foray into indie development was way back in like 2000 when my buddy was doing QBasic games, a little adventure game called "Lost" which is now seemingly gone from online, I did some rudimentary 3d work for it, back with that wacky 3d suite that came with Corel Draw.

A funny story, when I was at MIGS last year I was trying out the new Wiimote zapper, I had the whole Counterstrike style stance going. I overheard "Here's the story." Seemingly on their way the CTV Cameras got all up in my grill and the interviewer asked me,
"Do you think that this game will help you shoot better?"
I indignantly replied "No."
She then said "Well you have the stance down."
"Yeah, well that comes from contemporary media."
She stopped talking to me and the camera man continued to pan around us as I played. I was pretty frustrated, I brought up the situation to several people I had talked to during the day. When I watched the piece about a week later, which I did appear in, but not talking. It was about serious games and games that teach, and how, apparently, thats what MIGS was about this year. For me, it was more the realization that Indie development is more my style. Nothing galvanized that more then Gamma 256, which was such an awesome party, filled to the brim with fantastic games. Links from Kokoromi's site lead me here.

I hope to find some other people to do projects here in the future.

Dirty Rectangles

_PRINCE OF ARCADE_
Smithy
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #418 on: January 30, 2008, 11:56:16 PM »

I've been a member of this community for a long time now, and it's time I reveal the shocking truth:

My real name isn't actually Smithy.

Shocked

Derek
Bastich
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #419 on: January 31, 2008, 12:08:38 AM »

I've been a member of this community for a long time now, and it's time I reveal the shocking truth:

My real name isn't actually Smithy.

Shocked

Psychopath! Shocked
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 601
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic