Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411493 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: graysonsolis

April 29, 2024, 09:43:02 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 272 273 [274] 275 276 ... 601
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1953611 times)
Vince_Lawrence
« Reply #5460 on: July 03, 2012, 07:26:59 PM »

What's the deal with avatars? I made a tiny one and it says its too big.

Follow the required minimum dimensions
B4
Level 0

I love creative

View Profile
« Reply #5461 on: July 03, 2012, 07:33:04 PM »

What's the deal with avatars? I made a tiny one and it says its too big.

Follow the required minimum dimensions

I'm dumb then because I don't see dimensions listed anywhere (just an error message that its the wrong size).
« Last Edit: October 10, 2015, 01:26:45 AM by Silbereisen » Logged

@benfoden[/b] | game on
aheydeck
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5462 on: July 04, 2012, 04:22:51 AM »

Hey,

So, i read i haveto post here first, so ill do that.

I'm Andreas, 33 years old, and live in Kyrksten/Sweden. I live with my girlfriend since 5 years, and my son who is 1.3f years old.
Im working full time as a developer of business workflows at a callcenter, and in my spare time i like to skydive, paramotor flying, and develop games.

Im a noob game developer working mainly in XNA, but are considering moving over to Unity since XNA seems to be dead soon.

Ive released 2 games on Xblig, one game on PC and one game on WindowsPhone 7. Currently working on a title for release on Xblig, PC, Mac and iPad.

So... that's me! =)
pendleton
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5463 on: July 05, 2012, 02:51:13 AM »

Hello, I called 'NoRu' in my country, it means roe deer, if you don't like it, Just call me Pendleton.
I'm student, I can write simple program with VB6, and I'm learning C++ and SDL recently.
I want be a full-time indie developer in future Smiley

My favorite games are:
- portal / portal 2
- Dungeon Crawl
- Minecraft
- Civilization
and so on..

I'm not good at English so I have little complex on it. that's my weakness :/
So, nice to meet you guys Smiley

I AM NOT A MORON!
and sorry for my poor English :/
Defcon1
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5464 on: July 05, 2012, 07:09:31 AM »

Hello.

*raises pipe to mouth, takes a puff*

My name is Sean Kaaaahhhh *COUGH COUGH WHEEEEEZEEEE*...*HACK HACK COUGH*

Ehem.. *eyes water*

My name is Sean Kiley. I am a designer and animator for television motion graphics. But my heart has always been in video games.

*closes large book on lap*

You see, I have been lucky enough be to born into a world where video games have always been a reality. My first game took me 9 months to beat. It was a "find the exit" game. After that I was born. But my first REAL game was Frogger. I was the popular kid on the block for having this sucker in the house!

Well I know a lot of you kids have the ADD so I'll wrap it up with these comments.

FF6 is the best FF. Fact.
Some of the best games are not "video".
We are in the beginnings of a game renaissance.
Make games YOU want.

Good evening.

@yeahthatsean
jakobbrogert
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #5465 on: July 05, 2012, 07:48:48 AM »

Hi, I'm Jakob Rogert, I think I've introduced myself before with a game concept announcement that never did materialize into a game, but I have since lost the e-mail to that account.

I work as a game designer at the independent game studio Three Gates and we have been developing a game called Legends of Aethereus for the last year or so. I also run a small studio called Woven Games which is producing educational games. Previously, I've worked with my own company Digital Agitation and as a lecturer and subject responsible for game design at Gotland University, Sweden.

Oh and I've made some games:
Silver Hill, a rather poor lovecraftian take on the dungeon quest board game in flash, was my first endeavour.

PromQueen was my second, which eventually got released onto gamersgate, also made in flash. (http://se.gamersgate.com/DD-PROM/prom-queen) It hasn't sold more than 18 copies last I heard.

We then struggled making a few titles in Torque2D - Azida Keep, another take on dungeon quest was the largest, involving seven people and one year of work, but it never made it through. http://azidakeep.penguinstyle.com/

Since then, I've been working at university, which has not left me time enough to do more than game-jams.

And now I'm working with Three Gates Game Studio on Legends of Aethereus - which I'll post about in the announcement thread.

ThreeGates.se
Wovengames.com
« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 08:04:30 AM by jakobbrogert » Logged
necmelt2006
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #5466 on: July 05, 2012, 10:03:24 AM »

hello!
I'm student in computer science. I've some knowledge in C/C++ and i use SFML (i used sdl before but it's too slow) and now i'm learning Qt.
My favorite game is Sonic The Hedgehog 3 (i'm sonic fan  Tongue).
I'm not in any team that create games (yet), but i hope that one day i will be in a studio (why not).
A project that i'm working on is called Amaze++2 here the link if you want to try it http://www.4shared.com/zip/2Ua1qGaW/Amaze__2__v09.html it not really a game for PC that why i want to port it to Windows Phone 8, why WP8? because it will support C++ and i don't want to learn another language for now.
i think that all i want to say about me  Smiley
LiamSauve
Level 0

Gnar

View Profile
« Reply #5467 on: July 05, 2012, 12:15:03 PM »

HI! I'm Liam. I am from Ottawa.

I try to make games. They're okay, but I'm getting better at it.
I try to make music. It's pretty good, but I'm getting worse at it.

You can hear my music here.
http://soundcloud.com/liam-sauve

You can see me saying dumb shit here.
https://twitter.com/LiamSauve

I have a lot of opinions. I tend to keep them to myself.

I really like making games but have yet to find my "role" in the world of game dev.

I've written like 7 things and deleted them and don't know how to finish this introduction. So I'm just going to finish this sentence and call it a day.

Oh wait, here's a picture of a sandwich. I didn't make it but I thought I'd throw in an image for good measure.

« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 12:30:01 PM by LiamSauve » Logged

team_q
Level 10

Divide by everything is fine and nothing is wrong.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5468 on: July 05, 2012, 12:25:09 PM »

Hey Buddy!

Dirty Rectangles

_PRINCE OF ARCADE_
sugarbeard
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5469 on: July 05, 2012, 12:29:28 PM »

Yay Liam!! One of us... one of us...

alemke
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5470 on: July 06, 2012, 11:02:00 AM »

OK this is gonna be shameless and a bit long but ill include lots of pictures.

My name is Aaron Lemke and I am a musician, game developer, and artist living in Austin, Texas.  My “game studio” is called Unello Design. I am new to the TIGSource community and joined in hopes of learning more about making games and to hopefully get some feed back on the projects I am working on.  

I’ve been a fan of video games ever since I can remember. Some of my early favorites were Myst, SSB64, and Ocarina of Time. But it wasn’t until more recently that I started thinking about actually creating games.

There were three games, which I played back-to-back-to-back that really inspired me to try and make games. They were World of Goo, Machinarium, and Braid. Each of these games taught me something unique about the world of independent games.
With World of Goo I learned that it’s possible to create extremely complex and entertaining gameplay with a very small team, in this case a team of two.

With Braid I learned that it’s possible to make a game, which can enter the realm of the abstract and be as emotionally stirring as a novel or a good movie.

And with Machinarium I learned two things. One, the power of an interactive experience where the visual style and the aural style compliment one another and work together to create a single cohesive sense of mood. And two, YOU CAN RELEASE YOUR VIDEO GAME SOUNDTRACK ON VYNIL?Huh??? And more importantly people will buy it if it’s good enough.

As a musician, these last two points to me were the most important, because at the time when I played these games and drew these initial conclusions I was playing at least two gigs every weekend, in and out of four different bands. (I was also making music by myself on my computer) All of this constant gigging was starting to wear on me. I began looking at our live shows with a more critical eye. Slowly a pattern started to emerge.

One of the places we played most frequently was a housing coop at UT called The 21st Street Co-op. This was a place of loose morals, bright colors and naked dancing hippies.

a video of one of the shows we played there if you’re curious.
(I’m the goofy kid playing guitar stage right. Green pants)

The emergent pattern I found during these shows was that the more debaucherous the crowd was, the better our show was. This might seem obvious, bands feed off of the energy from the crowd. But what really fascinated me was that as long as the audience was partying hard, they enjoyed the show; independent of how poorly we may have been playing due to the influence of alcohol. And believe me we played some very sloppy shows. But the crowd never noticed. They just kept on drinking and dancing.

Eventually I came to the conclusion that the context of our performance was more important than the performance itself. And it was with this realization that I started becoming disillusioned with the whole notion of performing with a band. I felt like it didn’t matter if I was good or not. What mattered was the frame of mind people were in when they experienced the music. I started making more and more music by myself on my computer, but it was difficult knowing that I had no idea how people would eventually experience it; on their computer, in their car, at a party? It was frustrating not knowing what frame of mind people would be in when they heard my music. So, the next logical question was, how can you control the context that surrounds the music?

Enter, Machinarium.

Of course! Games are an excellent context for music to exist in side of. And Amanita Design knows that. Especially a slow paced contemplative game like Machinarium or Sword and Sworcery. It was with this realization that I decided to make my own game.

A few years and two halfway made flash games later... brings us to the present. The game I am currently working on is called Newborn Bard . It is the first game that I really think I can complete and would be proud to share with people. It’s a sort of puzzle platformer that uses perspective to create puzzles.

Anyways I plan on posting a build sometime soon to hopefully get some feedback on the latest puzzles. I came to TIGSource to learn and be humbled and to have my games criticized.

Peace out.

Aaron
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 04:10:19 PM by alemke » Logged

Francisco Tufró
Level 0

Indie Game Developer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5471 on: July 06, 2012, 11:20:17 AM »

Hi there! I'm Francisco Tufró, from Argentina.

Here’s a summary of what I am, stolen from my own blog.

My main interests are spending time with my girlfriend Aldana, games, music and veg(etari)an cooking. The last three both as a creator and consumer.

I work at quov.is, with a team of great people.

I love agile methodologies, I’m a Certified Scrum Developer.

I studied Computer Sciences at Facultad de Ciencias Exactas of the Universidad de Buenos Aires but dropped in order to follow other goals as an entrepreneur, I may return someday, not sure yet. Meanwhile I do my best not to stop learning something from every single day I live.

About gaming, Three in a row is a prototype that I’m working on and with quov.is we’re working on a disease awareness game based on diabetes. You can see more games in my blog.

I’m also working on some Ruby on Rails contractor stuff.

Check out my current game! <br />Nubarron: The adventure of an unlucky gnome.<br /><br />
Hybrid
Level 0

Derpin around

View Profile
« Reply #5472 on: July 07, 2012, 12:10:58 PM »

Why hello there I'm Michael Asamoah from Laurel, Maryland.

Just new to the forums and indie spriting in general. Might pick of a programing lanugage, like C# or HTML5 (if that's considered one).

Also a artist, not much with concept art, but I plan on doing something with that.
Due to the fact I'm going to be in 10th grade, probaly will be more focused on that, and on my soccer carrer, but I plan on becoming a great pixel artist and hope to be picked up ^^
AND CUT
Hope I said that right e.e....

I like pie?
cragwind
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5473 on: July 07, 2012, 12:22:30 PM »

I'm Ben, a software developer with a hobbyist interest in game design. I work primary with C# and Unity3D, but regularly use other languages and technologies. Outside of development, I try to balance my life with plenty of exercise and great food. My website is at http://pandagears.com.

Growing up, I never owned a console (deprived I know..), but enjoyed a lot of BBS computer games and many of the classics. I'll run through a few that had a strong impact..

I think I enjoyed the Lode Runner editor more than the game itself, but it's one of the first games I remember really getting into.

Captain Comic introduced me to platformers and the idea of obtaining items to access new areas. I still remember losing at the final room, which actually wasn't as difficult as some of the previous areas.

Dune 2 introduced me to the idea of balancing (or not, in its case) unequal sides and the concept of RTS. I have vague memories of my harvesters getting eaten by sandworms..

Ultima 6/7 gave me the freedom to explore a large, detailed, living world and loot houses.

Ultima Underworld had a great atmosphere and rune system.

Master of Magic gave me an interest in numbers and damage formulas. All the choices in the beginning and throughout the game gave it grreat replayability.

Master of Orion gave me a taste of 4X strategy and customizing my own ships and fleet.

I enjoyed Privateer's ship customization, open-ended universe, and overarching story.

Subspace featured Newtonian physics in multiplayer, and I liked how the subtlety in maneuvering could lead to dueling that truly took skill.

So naturally, I've been working on an open-ended space game with customizable ships, currently called 'Triverse':

Ships are constructable, destructable, and behave according to their composition of primitive parts. It's a great design challenge, and I'm trying my best to cut it down to a minimum of features. As I find time, I'll try to keep a log of my work.

Irock
Level 5

why's my avatar so big

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5474 on: July 07, 2012, 03:09:52 PM »

Oh wait, here's a picture of a sandwich. I didn't make it but I thought I'd throw in an image for good measure.

Caprese sandwiches are amazing. Welcome!

ness io kain
Level 6

died and is a ghost.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5475 on: July 07, 2012, 03:28:35 PM »

gears, your game looks beautiful; I love the colours. Somewhat Warning-Forever-esque, no?
Welcome (and to all the others)!

My music.
If your Twitter doesn't have enough depression and awkward pomposity, here you go.
cragwind
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5476 on: July 07, 2012, 05:26:33 PM »

Ness, thank you! The colors have been an ongoing struggle to get halfway decent. And good eye on Warning Forever.. it did have some influence on the way my weapons turned out.

ness io kain
Level 6

died and is a ghost.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5477 on: July 07, 2012, 08:11:29 PM »

That is definitely a compliment, by the way -- you can't have too much Warning Forever.

My music.
If your Twitter doesn't have enough depression and awkward pomposity, here you go.
Storsorgen
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #5478 on: July 08, 2012, 07:09:35 AM »

My name is Benny Lindberg, I develop games under the name Storsorgen.
I'm from Sweden, where I grew up playing games on the NES and the Sega Genesis(the Genesis is the most modern gaming console I own). I was crazy about the Sonic games for a long time, and it was only quite recently that I started exploring the Nintendo world.

I got into game making with The Games Factory in 2001, although I mostly made "interactive movies" back then with horribly mismatched graphics. I had a break from everything game-making related until about 2008, when I got Multimedia Fusion 2 and started experimenting once more, and I've been doing that on and off for some time now.
I've never released a game so far. This is mainly due to losing interest in the game, or improving so much during development that I'd have to redo everything to keep it in a consistent style.

I only make platformers. They are my preferred type of indie game, and what I enjoy most.
I feel like I'm constantly learning things when it comes to pixel art, music and sound, and so far making games has been a blast. Hopefully I'll be able to finish something one day.
sigfarter
Level 7

卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐

View Profile
« Reply #5479 on: July 08, 2012, 01:26:04 PM »

The Games Factory

I got my start with Klik & Play, the precursor to The Games Factory. I get a demo of it with Sim City 2000 when I was 8 years old, and that's where my story began, I suppose.

I remember procrastinating on my dream game project being a nightmare. I'd open my game up with Klik & Play, remember all the work I had to do, and promptly closed the program.

Good times.
Pages: 1 ... 272 273 [274] 275 276 ... 601
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic