Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411494 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58434 Members - Latest Member: graysonsolis

April 29, 2024, 11:34:31 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 276 277 [278] 279 280 ... 601
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1953629 times)
ink.inc
« Reply #5540 on: August 02, 2012, 02:58:05 PM »

hi hi
saguaro
« Reply #5541 on: August 02, 2012, 04:39:26 PM »

Hi, I am posting this just so I don't have to be a manbaby anymore. yeeap

Oh, and I made a VN that one time.

don't hate
sigfarter
Level 7

卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐

View Profile
« Reply #5542 on: August 02, 2012, 06:50:09 PM »

don't worry, no one reads this thread anyway
MV12
TIGBaby

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5543 on: August 02, 2012, 08:57:24 PM »

Hello everyone! My name is Victor, I just published my first game on the wp7 marketplace and as I get ready to jump on my next project I want to get more involved with the indie game community. Cheers!
Louigi Verona
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5544 on: August 02, 2012, 10:32:03 PM »

I read this thread )
Squid Party
Level 5

Oh hi mark.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5545 on: August 03, 2012, 02:56:06 AM »

as do I.

[img]http://i1170.photobucket.com/albums/r527/Daniel_Sharman/areyouonyourperiod.gif[img/]
flipswitchx
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5546 on: August 03, 2012, 03:16:06 AM »

Yoooo! I'm Blake Fix.

I got introduced to gaming as a little kid like most of ya'll and it BLEW MY FREAKIN' MIIND. My cousin was playin' super mario 1 or 2... or 3... and she wouldn't let me play! Which of course only drove my passion. I remember 2 quite clearly at that time blowing me away caus you could pick stuff up like whaaaaat.
I still think 2 (Even though yes, doki doki blablabla) is BETTER THAN 1. Controversy explosion!

I asked for a Gameboy for my birthday, but I got a GAMEGEAR instead. I carried it around in a little SEGA suitcase.
 My first game (along with some pooptastic baseball game that came with it) was Sonic 2. It was hard but I finally mastered it. A proud day indeed.

One-hit-and-your-dead Bosses, what were they thinking?!

Oh wait! Before that... yeah... I played a bunch of DOS games in the den when my feet couldn't even reach the ground. Jill of the Jungle anyone? Those were magic days.

I've never seen a button for Turtle anywhere else. I think that was slo-mo mode?

I did extra chores for an N64.

The atmosphere of this game holds a special place to me. I'll have you know in Mario64 you do the exact same things. Explore, defeat, collect. There was ammo in BK (& more powerups) which made it seem like you collected more but I digress...

THEN POKEMON CAME OUT HOOOLY SHHHHHH. I pretty much ate, slept, and sh** pokemon for a year or two, while also playing:
Megaman X & X4
SuperMario & Kart64
Ocarina
Yoshi's Island
with friends and alone. My friend had a Super Nintendo. Other friend had PlayStation.

home someday. It said so on TV." Do you get all your information from TV, MOM??
That line made me sad at the time. Now I need to get the hell out of here.
  Beg

“TO THE FINDER… THE ISLE OF KOHOLINT , IS BUT AN ILLUSION… HUMAN, MONSTER, SEA, SKY… A SCENE ON THE LID OF A SLEEPER’S EYE… AWAKE THE DREAMER, AND KOHOLINT WILL VANISH MUCH LIKE A BUBBLE ON A NEEDLE… CASTAWAY, YOU SHOULD KNOW THE TRUTH!” Best Zelda Ever.

I love Wind Waker too. Smash Bros. Melee defined Highschool for me. Nintendo was so underdog then, I think it made ME feel underdog too, another illusion.

Welp okay, that's me, basically.  Gentleman Hand Metal Right

http://www.invincibletime.com/  And I just finished my first game! It's called Walker! Single button platform adventure. Theres a handy dandy Game Booklet too. All on that site =D

vitapoly
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5547 on: August 03, 2012, 09:31:47 AM »

Hey Guys and Gals,

I am posting for my company. Although, it's just a couple of us, mostly just me doing all the posting. Ha.

Anyway, we started this company, vitapoly, to create games and make money. yep.

However, we do love games. I would say, my favorite games of all time would be Subspace and Ultima Online (during beta, before all the restrictions).
RabidKitten
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5548 on: August 03, 2012, 04:05:27 PM »

Hey Everyone,

My name is Tyler Hunter, and you will be seeing me more and more of me on a lot of forums as I try to get this project of mine moving full speed ahead.  I'm an independent developer making a top down action adventure game called Rack n Ruin.  Check out the website.

http://www.racknruingame.com

Well cya around,

Tyler Hunter

Nighthawk0973
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #5549 on: August 04, 2012, 06:43:07 PM »

I didn't see an introductions section but considering this is something I normally do in all forums I join I decided this would be the best section to do it in. (Please tell me if I'm wrong :D)

Anyways I'm Nighthawk0973 I've been programming for 1-1.5 years. As of right now my primary language is Java and I'm working on getting experience with 2D game development and eventually 3D game development in Java before I move on to learning C++.

So far I'm liking this forum and I haven't even really done anything on it! I noticed  Gomez looked like the guy from fez, hovered over it and found out I was right! and, is the 'Gatherings' sections description a Warcraft III reference? I hope so!

Anyways that's all for my introduction, I hope to see you all around the forums!

Edit: Does anybody know why my 100x100 png isn't going through for my avatar image? I have tried using a 50x50 png and the same thing happened... I'm using the upload feature on the forum
tomnullpointer
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5550 on: August 06, 2012, 08:17:42 AM »

Hi Gang,

Tom Betts (tomnullpointer) here. Can't believe I don't actually have a login already (unless i forgot my names). Just shows what a lurker I am I suppose. Anyway Im saying hi here because I've been reading the posts and forum for years but never really stepped in to say much. However I've got a game (and likely more coming) that I thought some people here wouldn't mind checking out, so i wanted to come and say Hi before spamming my products Smiley p.s. not sure you can call ambient, open-ended free games 'product' but anyhow.

Ive been programming since the zx spectrum, Ive been making a lot of digital art (exhibited game hacks, procedural work etc) and Ive made a few games. The games stuff seems to be taking over at the moment as Im working for Big Robot on a number of projects (and slowly completing a Phd in games & the sublime). Anyways Hi all, 

If anyone is bored enough to want to know more

www.nullpointer.co.uk
@tomnullpointer on twitter

Kiss
KittyCalis
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5551 on: August 07, 2012, 01:29:34 AM »

Hi! My name is Kitty Calis and I'm the marketing and project manager at Control, the Dutch magazine for game developers. Recently I started writing news posts for the website and set my first few steps designing games together with jwaap for 7DFPS.

I help organize Utrecht Indie Meetup and the Utrecht Local Multiplayer Picnic and you might have spotted my face and fingers trying to tackle a game of Fingle in the game's trailer.
Laitch
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5552 on: August 07, 2012, 04:22:14 AM »

Hi! My name is Lars, I'm 22 years old and I live in Denmark.
I've been lurking here for a long time and I just now finally created an account. I guess my passions are kind of similar to the rest of you guys so I won't waste time and space by going into that.

Best regards, Lars
Killjoy
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5553 on: August 07, 2012, 02:54:00 PM »

Hi,
 I've got a few names that I go by, but I prefer Killjoy. I have been an artist and a gamer for many years. Recently, however, I have combined those two interests of mine and have been trying my hand at the artistic side of game design including concept art, pixel art, and even a bit of 3d modelling here and there. I look forward to becoming more involved in the indie community,sharing my work, and seeing the multitude of wonderful projects that seem to generate from indie developers. Over and out,

-Killjoy
lava89
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5554 on: August 08, 2012, 06:32:57 AM »

Hi everyone

Sorry I didn't see this thread before. I'm a Christian developer and I've been making crummy games since 2005!

Tuonela
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5555 on: August 08, 2012, 10:40:44 PM »

Hello everyone! I'm Anna and I'm from Tuonela, an independent multiplatform game studio from Finland. Currently we are focusing on our upcoming game Zombie Cruise. Zombie Cruise is a story oriented, romantic action adventure game set on luxurious single's cruise ship that gets hit by a zombie infection. The game is well on its way, but you know how it is... Without extra money, we are forced to do subcontract work to keep ourselves funded. To speed things up we are launching a Kickstarter project on 20th of August. Let's hope it becomes a success! Smiley

http://www.zombie-cruise.com/
csg
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #5556 on: August 09, 2012, 02:08:13 AM »

so hi there!

I'm Chris, but kind of everyone calls me csg, which is just an abbreviation of my real name, nevertheless. Got it since I was arround 8 years old and lost hope to discard it by now. 24 years old now, btw!

Got introduced to gaming really early on, think I played the first games on the lap of my girl cousin. It was - how could I forget - Commander Keen! Still love that game today, it defines my way of thinking about platformer.
Because of my dads influence, who holds the opinion that a pc is enough for gaming, I got my hands a bit late an my first console, the n64. But just in time, to meet one of my best beloved games of all!

It's storytelling, world and Gameplay really bew my mind back then and I decided to try all this game stuff by myself.
My first try was an rpg-like game with visual basic, where Picture Elements served as characters on a Window... everything was presented by Gui elements. Hell, thinking back, it was hilarious!
Years have past and experience has gained, but I have yet to finish my first big title.

( Some shortgame, done for university )

To be honest, although I'm playing und creating games for a long time, im quite new to the indie scene, let's see how it will work out :D

The game I'm working on right now is a round based strategy rpg, inspired by games like Fire emblem, where the surroundings will be strongly integrated into the gameplay.

So that's all, see you around! Smiley

Chombasu
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5557 on: August 09, 2012, 04:56:58 AM »

It's already been a few posts and I haven't even posted on here yet. A shameful dispray!

I'm wild about strategy games and, as far as I can remember, always have been. I first really got into gaming with Metal Slug and still enjoy the occasional crazy shoot-em-up platformer, but what really captures me when it comes to computer gaming is thoughtful, slow-paced strategy. The first games of that genre I really enjoyed (Sim City, Sim Farm, Sim City 2000 and later Medieval: Total War - I never played the first Shogun) remain some of my favourites.

I came to realise, though, that these games are nowhere near realistic, and I always felt there was something missing. More recently I discovered Paradox Interactive's Europa Universalis and Victoria series. These were so close to being a real simulation, but I still felt there was a lot to be improved - in-depth economy, simulation of political characters, realistic impacts of war & unrest...

So I resolved that it can't be that hard to find a friend who can program well, write a truckload of algorithms, some nice code and dump some graphics on it and end up with my, and hopefully the perfect grand strategy game. We're calling it Perestroika due to its cold war to modern day setting. It's a little ambitious, but what's life without a challenge?

So I came here, where the people are thoughtful, helpful and kind, and where I can share ideas and learn much, much more about game design & coding than I already know.
Le3F
Level 0

YO!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5558 on: August 09, 2012, 06:21:26 PM »

Hey peeps! My name's Chris McDonald, I write lots of things with lots of words for a few sites (Indie game mag, neoseeker, nerdgasmatron)so if you have a game that needs a bit of attention don't hesitate in contacting me!

I'm pretty fond of 2D games, weird junk, neon colors, and cute crap.

ps: here's what I look like incase I bump into any of you around Los Angeles or indiecade or E3.....or where ever.

Hey! I\\\'m Chris.M, I write for IGM and a few other places. If you have a game that needs some attention shoot me a note!
blankslatejoe
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5559 on: August 10, 2012, 07:09:07 AM »

Hi all! I'm joe. I used to work pro as a game artist, but I'm taking a short break to give this indie thing a try. Wish me luck!

Developing Tower of Guns: www.towerofguns.com

---
Twitter: @blankslatejoe

Portfolio:www.30lives.com
Pages: 1 ... 276 277 [278] 279 280 ... 601
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic