Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411506 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 10:01:53 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 284 285 [286] 287 288 ... 601
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1952227 times)
Anton_Redoxe
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5700 on: October 06, 2012, 06:57:19 AM »

Hi
I'm Redoxe, also known as Anton in real life. I'm a french student in computer sience and I aim to be an indi game developpeur.
I'm not really good in english and I want to appologize for that.
I know TigSource since several years but I've knever been good to read forums. I decided to register myself here because i want to show somes of my work and get feedback.
I think the indie game world is greate and I really want to be part of it.
1DimensionGames
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5701 on: October 06, 2012, 06:34:24 PM »

Oh hey everyone! My name is Chris Farrell, and I've just started my indie game company and am launching my first game Kickstarter (http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/330858688/dysis), my website is http://dysis.net, plus I have been blogging about my development since the beginning of this game at http://tumblr.dysis.net/.

My passion is robotics - I design and build humanoid robots and then compete with them internationally. This is of course why my game features tons of robots! I love programming, and am most interested in AI interactive development.

Thanks for your time!
-Chris
RobertTS
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5702 on: October 07, 2012, 09:48:33 AM »

Hey friends, My name is Robert Reed. And like the rest of you, my passion is in indie game development. I've made several hobby games in the past, but my first real public venture is Timber and Stone: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1102507263/timber-and-stone

Thanks for letting me share my work with you.
Dacke
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #5703 on: October 08, 2012, 01:56:32 AM »

Hey friends, My name is Robert Reed. And like the rest of you, my passion is in indie game development. I've made several hobby games in the past, but my first real public venture is Timber and Stone: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1102507263/timber-and-stone

Thanks for letting me share my work with you.

Looks really damn interesting! I sure hope you release it for Linux as well, since you are doing a multi-platform release anyway Smiley

Also, are you going to add some kind of light campaign-mode or campaign-creation-system? I'm thinking something like Zeus, maybe?
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 02:30:22 AM by Dacke » Logged

programming • free software
animal liberation • veganism
anarcho-communism • intersectionality • feminism
YannEA
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5704 on: October 08, 2012, 10:53:48 PM »

Hi Guys,

My name is Yanni and I'm a Sound Designer from Vancouver, Canada. I've mainly worked on Music Production and Mixing in the past but then branched off to Sound Design while working at EA for a couple of years. Since then I've started an Indie Game Studio www.fuzzywuzzygames.com up in Vancouver with some friends. Our current game is www.armillogame.com

You can check out my past noise generation efforts here:
www.fyssas.com

YannEA
GrlizzyBear
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5705 on: October 09, 2012, 12:39:39 PM »

Hello!

I'm Liz Fiacco, and I've recently founded a small indie game company called Fallstreak Studio.  We're currently working on a mobile game called Axle http://www.axle.fallstreakstudio.com/.

When my life isn't in the world of video games, I play and GM a handful of tabletop games, listen to 80's arena rock, and visit the snow.

greymay
Level 0

Creators of Speed Kittens!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5706 on: October 09, 2012, 01:15:23 PM »

Hey, my name is Christopher Schwab and I got into game design about a year ago. I just do the art and my twin brother does the programming. Other than that, I really like playing sports and anything competitive really, which is why games appeal to me. Nice to meet yall!
bsc
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5707 on: October 10, 2012, 11:48:00 AM »

Hello! My name is Brian S. Chung, I'm a game designer from the New York City area. Tweet at me www.twitter.com/BrianSChung - my website is www.beescee.com - otherwise, just saying hi for now.

Hi!

Fetus Commander
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5708 on: October 10, 2012, 12:35:46 PM »

What's up.  I'm Rudy, 27 year old mom's basement dweller from northern New York.

Nothing too interesting about me, so i'll drop links like everyone else is doing.

Me and my friend have a website where we put up tabletop games we've designed that nobody will ever play.  Have a look if you want, they're all free. 

I spend most of my spare time playing or designing tabletop RPGs.  I have a big hardon for hotseat multiplayer videogames of any kind.  Here's some of my favorites:

I've worked on a few small projects in GameMaker and Construct 2.  Never programmed anything "by hand" besides shitty little calculator apps and dice rollers.

That's about it

MeDungeon
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5709 on: October 11, 2012, 08:29:28 AM »

Hi, My name is Yaroslav Bakh and I am an alcohol... professional software engineer from Finland with more than 15 years of experience. I have a full time job and a game development is my hobby. Wish I will do it full time soon. I have played with XNA and Silverlight before, but currently I am using Unity3D.
My game web site: http://www.medungeon.com
Twitter: https://twitter.com/medungeon
Evilmincer
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5710 on: October 11, 2012, 10:48:08 PM »

Well, Let's see...
Where to begin. My name is Ceric, and my game name is "Evilmincer" or "Capt Ahab".
A friend of mine referred me to this site. We were playing league of legends and we were joshing around and talking, when I mentioned that I had a game in the productions.

He dropped a "oh by the way you should..." comment, and well a few clicks later, I'm laying out some banter on a forum I know none on, aside from my friend of course.

I have been an executive chef for 22 years, and always had an affinity for computers since the first IBM came out. Hell even the Atari's.

So I decided a mid life change was in order, and I began making a game. Called http://www.battleshipsxfire.com..

For the most part, I have been doing 90% of the work myself. You can see screenshots of the game as it evolved over the past 9 months on facebook.
http://www.facebook.com/battleshipscrossfirex.

Well Im an artist, and a person who has had years of management experience. So I got a few people together, and we started this project and I ended up working on it mostly alone.

So I guess, I'm just letting some of yah know a tad about myself, as my friend suggested I should do.

Please check out those two links, and be honest. I don't care how brutal your honesty is, as long as it comes with constructive response.

Executive Chef for 22 years, converted to game developer. Played football for the Spartans 91-93. Pilots license.
fluent in 5 languages. Deaf people can excel in the hearing world! Don't let anything stand in your way. EVER!
bolosaur
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5711 on: October 12, 2012, 12:16:07 AM »

I'm bolosaur, and I'm an aspiring indie dev from Scandinavia.

I've been into game development for as long as I can remember (I distinctly remember shying away from the other kids at kindergarten to draw platformer levels so I guess I set my priorities right then and there...) and my primary tools are event-based point-and-click programming toolkits.

Despite being nuts about game development I've only really finished one game before and it wasn't a particularly serious one either, so earlier this year I made an effort to put a team together and bootstrap a game development company which thus far has proven to be a challenge, but is a lot of fun and is steadily moving forward.

The title that we're currently working on is a

, and it's going to be interesting to see if we can manage to accurately portray platformers using nostalgic design constructs and whether this has any commercial value whatsoever.

My favorite games are mostly oldschool ones like Hocus Pocus, Ultima 8, Wacky Wheels Albion, Rise of the Triad, Death Rally, Realms of the Haunting, Commander Keen, Jazz Jackrabbit, Normality, Blood as well as console titles like Soulblazer, Silent Hill and Flashback. No real consistency there.

You can add me on Twitter if you like. Also I look like this.

Looking forward to getting to know you all.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2012, 01:10:04 AM by bolosaur » Logged

We're making a game called Buck & Miles. Please take a look and see if you'd like it. :-)

[
numero15
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5712 on: October 12, 2012, 05:05:50 AM »

Hi everyone,
I'm french, I apologize for my english which is quite poor. I used to be a student, I graduated this year from "l'école des arts décoratifs de Strasbourg", a french art school. I spend most of my spare time playing video game and learning how to make one. I don't yet find the time to develop an entire game, but I made a few tries and I hope being able to show you something soon!
You can see some of my works, most of them totally unrelated to video game, on my web site :
nathanaeltardif.com
OldPeculier
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5713 on: October 12, 2012, 07:26:29 AM »

Hiya. I'm Jeff, and I've been making games professionally since 1995. I spent my first ten years in the industry working on AAA games such as...

Ultima Online

Halo: PC

and Brothers in Arms

But I actually enjoyed making small, "artful" games more than I enjoyed making big games with huge teams and long schedules. So in 2005 I focused on creating small, indie games.

Some of them have been successful and some have been flops. I made...

Phit (a Flash version and an iPhone version)

Coffee Shop (Flash)

Crush the Castle for iPhone and Crush the Castle HD for iPad

...and most recently...

House of Shadows for iPhone and iPad

Those are the successful ones. I made some flops too, but I love them just the same, and they're probably more interesting in some ways than some of the "hits." The flops are all free to play online—games such as...

Rong

Scataract

Pipkin's Planetary Pinball

Making indie games is fun. But I tell you, it can also be discouraging. It's a big, crowded world out there, and sometimes you create beautiful things that just can't seem to get noticed. I look forward to discovering some of the beautiful things you've made or are making, and giving encouragement wherever I can.

Good to meet you.
Graham-
Level 10

ftw

View Profile
« Reply #5714 on: October 12, 2012, 07:43:35 AM »

Beautiful isn't enough. Games that sell have to play well, and better than anything else in some way.
Mr.Din
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5715 on: October 12, 2012, 11:02:06 PM »

Hi there folks, didn't see an introduction thread so I figured I'd just post here. Name's Mr.Din, I'm the webmaster of Brawlers Avenue a site dedicated to Beat em ups/Action Side-scrollers. I also do a lot of pixel work, I wouldn't consider myself too much above novice as I still do things pixel to pixel (via Graphics Gale). Recently my Ext Hard drive was stolen along with all my work that I've done over a decade, it was pretty hard blow but I haven't let it keep me down.

Anyway, the reason I'm here is to get an idea of how getting into the indie scene works and hopefully bringing my original ideas to life. Hope to enjoy my stay here, cheers! Gentleman
IsaiahKelly
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5716 on: October 14, 2012, 08:13:40 AM »

Hello!  My name is Isaiah Kelly and I'm currently working on my first commercial game project called Gerztron. http://gerztron.com/
chainedchaos31
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5717 on: October 14, 2012, 04:23:44 PM »

Hey guys, just realised I hadn't actually stopped to take the time to introduce myself, sorry!

I'm one of the developers from an independent game development studio based in Wollongong, Australia - Convict Interactive.

We're making a game called Triangle Man which is a 2D punishment platformer for PC where you must control more than one avatar at once.

Check the video on

, or even download the free demo if you like: http://www.convictinteractive.com/?page_id=1230

About me personally - I have a masters degree in computer science, and teach C++ at the local university, however I mostly handle the PR and marketing side of things for Triangle Man (though I do jump in to code a little every now and then).
I've been a gamer since I was about 4, though I don't really get time to play much these days (I have been enjoying FTL lately though).

I also help to run the IGDA (International Game Developer's Association) Sydney chapter. We have a very active game dev community - we hold monthly events that attract about 100 people each time and we have a FB group with over 1000 members. It's a very exciting time to be a game developer in Sydney!

reheated
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5718 on: October 15, 2012, 02:06:15 AM »

I'm Michael and I am from Perth, Australia. I was an industrious/obsessive mathematics student, and then spent a year working in discrete event simulation which is where you program computers to simulate real-world systems like rail networks or mines. I left due to not enjoying myself, and because the queue of games I wanted to make got so long it was necessary to address it.

I've been working on a prototype for a strategy game and hopefully I'll be sharing it soon and getting your opinions.
Brad811
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5719 on: October 16, 2012, 06:04:53 AM »

Hey y'all, my name is Brad.

I've been programming since middle school, when I was first handed a TI-83. I remember taking a Java class in high school and never doing any assignments and making games instead. I was able to convince the teacher to give me credit because the games used the concepts we were learning.  Grin
Made some basic websites in high school, that's all I can remember right now. Then in college, I made an animated series on Newgrounds (only got out one episode, finished 70% of the second one), made a gaming podcast for 6 months, and created a social network. Created another social network but with another person this time, then an Android chat app, modded Minecraft for a while, then decided I liked a pretty girl so I'd better graduate so she'll marry me. Skip ahead past some realizing work sucks in the post-graduation world, and now I suddenly really got into wanting to develop my own game. I like it.
And that's my programming life story.

I think my first video game was Super Mario World. I still remember most of that game, and a lot of the secrets in it. From SNES I had N64, PlayStation, PlayStation 2, Xbox 360, and now I mostly game on my laptop since I actually have a pretty powerful one now.

Some of my favorites:
Link to the Past, Ocarina of Time, Need For Speed: Most Wanted, Fable, Portal, Portal 2, Half-Life series, Oblivion, Fallout 3, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater (1 and 4), Mass Effect, Minecraft (my mindless addiction, plus very easy to mod), Roller Coaster Tycoon...

I look forward to being a part of the community!  Beer!

Pages: 1 ... 284 285 [286] 287 288 ... 601
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic