Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 05:11:27 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 288 289 [290] 291 292 ... 601
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1943559 times)
rollmangame
Level 0

Rollin'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5780 on: November 10, 2012, 04:55:55 AM »

Hi, we are Rollmanteam and we make hardcore games.
Bladderbloat
Level 0

I make bugs

View Profile
« Reply #5781 on: November 10, 2012, 09:39:14 AM »

I also try to make games. My goal is to be able to create whatever is in my mind, then i'll be one happy gamer! I'm 26 from Sweden.

"Ei auta itkut markkinoilla, töihin vain."
Flynn1179
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5782 on: November 10, 2012, 02:52:53 PM »

Just realised I hadn't got round to this thread yet..

So.. from the UK, and been programming for almost 30 years, usually making games but occasionally dabbling in other fields such as web programming. Currently experiencing a resurgence in enthusiasm inspired by the success of Minecraft and general rise to prominence of the indie game development community. Unfortunately I'm trying to hold down a full-time job while caring for a disabled wife and two pre-school children, so I don't get nearly as much time in front of a keyboard as I'd like.

I've got a few game ideas I'm hoping to develop in the near future when I can find the time. Ultimately I hope to make a career out of game development, but right now I'm just hoping to earn a little more to be able to get my wife and kids some more support.
Tom_CrunchingKoalas
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5783 on: November 10, 2012, 05:38:29 PM »

Hi guys!

We are Crunching Koalas - a new independent game development studio.

We would just like to say Hi and invite everybody to our blog - https://crunchingkoalas.com and our Beta Program, which will enable everyone to play, test and send feedback on very early versions of our games, for free.

« Last Edit: November 10, 2012, 06:19:58 PM by CrunchingKoalas » Logged

Personal Twitter:@tom_tomaszewski  Team Twitter:@crunchingkoalas
Our Blog
dui_fridays
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #5784 on: November 10, 2012, 05:39:19 PM »

represent
« Last Edit: November 13, 2012, 06:52:10 PM by dui_fridays » Logged
vids
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5785 on: November 12, 2012, 10:57:57 AM »

Hello!
Been here for a while now. Thought it'd be a good idea to stop lingering and start posting.

kdroben
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5786 on: November 13, 2012, 06:59:58 AM »

Hi, I'm a French Indie Developper. I worked on the game Puddle released on XBLA, PSN, PC .... and realy soon on WiiU.
I'm here to present you a new game, I work on with some friends, and I will create a new thread to talk about it.

Canotico
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #5787 on: November 13, 2012, 03:49:53 PM »

Hi guys! I've been reading this forum for a while and decided today that I should formally join! yay!.

I'm 21 and live in Venezuela.

I've been interested in games since I was little like most of you. I grew up playing and I was always interested in how people made games, it amazed me and still does. Not much time ago (lets say like 2 or 3 years) I started to learn for myself how to make games and stuff.

I attended to the Global Game Jam 2011 and 2012 and they were among the best experiences I've had in my life!! I love the indie community and definetly love making games!!!

I also have a personal dev blog if any of you is interested, I write about my developing experiences, what games were made during the Jam and things like that, check it out if you have some free time Smiley zilok-dev.blogspot.com

jupitermoon
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5788 on: November 13, 2012, 03:52:06 PM »

Hi everyone!

We're Jupiter Moon Entertainment.  We're an independent video game development studio under the direction of industry veterans Christopher Cherubini and David Chiapperino. We're currently working on the game: Fin37

Christopher Cherubini most notably came from Infinity Ward, developer of the Call of Duty and Modern Warfare franchises under publisher Activision, where he served as Lead Artist.  During his time there the studio was awarded with the well-respected honor of Game of The Year, in addition to numerous other accolades.  Prior to Infinity Ward Cherubini has worked at companies Electronic Arts, Genuine Games and Funnybone Interactive.

David Chiapperino has contributed to over twenty published interactive titles at Vivendi Universal, Sony Computer Entertainment, Respawn Entertainment and Disney.  Most recently his work focused on video game licensed properties World of Cars, Pirates of the Caribbean and Toontown.  Prior, David worked at Funnybone Interactive creating animation for publishers such as Sony, Knowledge Adventure, Universal, and Mattel.

For more info on our games check out: http//www.jupitermoon.com
Or on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/jupitermooninfo

noumenus
Level 2

tired

View Profile
« Reply #5789 on: November 13, 2012, 08:30:38 PM »

Hey everyone, I'm an animator from Arizona. For a while my main focus has been cartoons and animation, but lately I have found myself more interested in creating games!

My first completed game was a several months back, which was done in flash. You can play it for free here
http://noumenus.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d54lika

I hope soon to get some positive feedback on games I work on and also share my knowledge and support with others!

indiePub
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5790 on: November 15, 2012, 07:11:07 AM »

Hello! We are indiePub, a small indie company that develops and publishes games. We are situated in Ohio, and have been working on a few games lately. We are looking for feedback on some games we will be releasing soon!
BigRoundEyes
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5791 on: November 15, 2012, 09:19:36 AM »

Hello everyone, my name is Dylan Tinlun Chan and I am an independent game developer from Canada.

For some time my partner and I have been doing contract work making web games for other companies until one day we realized that we can actually use our skills to make a game of our own. We've been working in our spare time on our own since then and we recently finished our first game!

Now we're just beginning to discover the community of independent game developers. I found this forum and thought it would be a good place to start and introduce ourselves here.

All the best,
Dylan & Angélique
Alehkhs
TIGSource Editor
Level 0

...why not?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5792 on: November 15, 2012, 01:29:26 PM »

Well hell, I've been doing write-ups on the front page as an on-again/off-again TIGSource editor for more that four years now, and I've never actually introduced myself here...

I go by Alehkhs (pronounced as "Alex," lest you find it caught in your throat), and I likely spend far too much time playing old games and dreaming of future ones.

Why do I enjoy (occasionally) writing for TIGSource? I think I'm just trying to bring light to projects that catch my interest, and hoping there's people out there who will find those games interesting as well.

As far as more tangible contributions to the field... my drawing skills are abysmal, unless you're in dire need of a stick figure; my musical composition might be a tad better (relatively speaking), but it's been about a decade since I've done anything with that so who knows; as far as actually creating games, I enjoy planning out gameplay elements or conceptual world-building on paper, but I've never actually gotten around to programming anything - not being able to program throws a nice little roadblock in there.

But never fear! I'm currently trying to learn a thing or two and maybe someday pump out a small game or two. I guess we'll see?  Undecided
StudioMu
Level 0

not a cop

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5793 on: November 15, 2012, 11:26:39 PM »

Hey everyone, we are Studio Mu!

We're a buncha engineers & game designers from UC Santa Cruz who worked on a mobile dungeon crawler together, MicroVentures, for our senior project. Though we've all graduated and started working for The Man at various game companies *coughsocialgamescough* to eat and pay rent, our burning passion to make great & meaningful games lives on!

We came here because we want to be part of the independent gamedev community. Our own game was highly influenced by independent titles such as Spelunky and The Binding of Isaac. We hope to get to know more of you, see some cool games, and hopefully get to show off some of our own work for feedback.

And here's the team!

egoitzOsa
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5794 on: November 16, 2012, 02:24:37 AM »

Hi there!
I think it´s time to introduce myself since I´m starting to be more active on this forums Smiley.

My name is Egoitz Osa (ego for friends), and I´m a 26 years old (for now, let´s say I was born in 1986) graphic designer from Zumaia (Basque Country, Spain), allthough I actually live in Donostia-San Sebastián (Basque Country too Smiley).

I love games since I´ve memory, and, specially, indie ones. I have some little programming faculties (it´s not too much, but it´s better than nothing Shrug). i did a little introductory game some years ago, but I don´t think about it like a real game.

I´m actually working on "The Wild West". Everything is done by me except the music (i will have help on that part, goodness).

I love taking new challenges and learning new things about near anything, and that´s why, for example, I´m making The wild west a pixel-art game, cuz I´ve never made nothing with that style and I really wanted to learn how to create something like that.

And I think it´s enough for now, I don´t want bore you (maybe it´s too late Big Laff).

So, we will see each other around here.

PWX_Dave
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5795 on: November 16, 2012, 08:06:54 AM »

WRESTLING!!!

Hi everyone! My name is Dave Wishnowski and I run an indie studio up in Alberta, Canada that is making a PC Pro Wrestling game. Been at it a long...long time actually. Have I got some war stories to tell.

At any rate, it's kind of a game development wasteland where I live so it's nice to meet you all and I hope you swing by and check out my project

N64 style gameplay + Moddable PC platform = wrestling game nirvana

Thank you!
Dave
www.prowrestlingx.com
michaelgabrielr
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5796 on: November 16, 2012, 10:58:08 AM »

My name is Michael and I'm a software engineer from Poland, the country that never got the NES.
However, 10 years from its American release, a Famicom hardware clone Pegasus captured our imagination in its place.
It came with the legendary "Contra 168in1" cartridge and countless more were available through friendly trades or from the market.

As such, my first game was Contra, which I loved to play (along with other co-op games) with my big sister.
I have fond memories of beating Adventure Island 2 (or its hack, Super Mario World 9) regularly before school.
Over the years, I got to play Megaman, SMB3, Duck Tales and other classics.
At that time, the Pegasus was my only gaming system, until I got my first computer.

As the 8-bit and 16-bit computers became popular, I got my first taste of programming with Atari Logo.
Even today, this era remains to me a time of legends, with uncharted and surreal worlds asleep within the black depths.
This impression was further reinforced by the likes of the glitched Jet Set Willy, Trailblaser and Arkanoid.
Perhaps it was also due to so many games recalling the time of lore, like Rodland, Aztec, Toki and Smuś (a dragon Metroidvania by LK Avalon).
While NES games radiated with color and adventure, these games inspired the foreboding atmosphere of mystery.
Eternity passed and the Sony Playstation was discovered.

Ever since I saw the TV ad of Croc: Legend of the Gobbos and played the '97 Demo 1, I knew it's going to be big.
It ended up to be my 1st game on the PSX (as it was affectionately called in Poland), along with Tekken later on.
These introduced me to the bright, colorful and imaginative world of 3D gaming.
To this very day, my favorite platformer of all time is Crash Bandicoot 2.
As if almost immediately after I got my console, shops began stocking on magazines, which included demo discs.
In the very first Official Playstation Magazine, I got my 1st taste of Soul Reaver and the Net Yaroze console.
It was approximately then that I decided that I want to make video games.

But games weren't the only thing that fueled my imagination.
At one point I got this huge red treasure chest full of Lego's, which allowed me to build everything I could imagine.
This was also true for the colorful domino bricks, which I arranged into surreal worlds of 8-bit nostalgia.
Along with a multitude of toys, at that time this was the way I could feed my desire to create the game of my dreams.
Meanwhile, several things became popular at my school.
Chupa Chups released its version of caps/Pogs/Tazos/Flippos, which introduced children to gambling became a huge fad.
With the Pokemon Trading Card Game we got our first taste of tournament play and competitive multiplayer, way before the PCs.
But when that time arrived, our world was changed...
...forever.

StarCraft: Brood War became sort of a phenomenon, to say the least.
People stayed in line for their turn at the Internet cafes to play it with their friends over LAN.
This was the only way to get on the Internet back then, as the Internet was something of a costly novelty.
Albeit my 1st PC was the black-and-green Tulip PC, which barely ran DOS games, we finally got the real thing...
...a lowly PC with Windows ME.
I practiced playing at home through the campaign and I really enjoyed making my own maps.
Later on, when the schools came equipped with computer laboratories, we organized our own StarCraft, UT GotYE, Quake 3 and even Prince of Persia tournaments.
Yet offline gaming thrived.
People kept playing Heroes of Might & Magic 3 and Wormds World Party for many hours at their friend's houses.
They were also burrowing games, which is how I got to play Alien vs Predator 2, Max Payne or WarCraft 3. Plus, having a PC opened up new (and cheaper) magazines with their own demo discs.
During the vacation I used to borrow a laptop with old-school PC games, like Prince of Persia, Volfied, Rollercoaster Tycoon or Commander Keen.

Then at last, within one computer magazine, I got the full version of The Games Factory by Clickteam.
This, along the DnD source books (my favorite being Manual of the Planes) and RPGs like Baldur's Gate, opened a huge array of possibilities.
My quest to create the best game ever began.

In the past 10 years or so, I faced major difficulties.
People kept telling me "you will fail", "who are you compared to big game companies?", "will this earn you bread?", "what does it matter?", all while all I wanted was for my childhood wishes to come to pass.
Their looks of contempt betrayed their stance on games in general - this loathsome childish pasttime hardly worth pursuing and rightly deserving public scorn.
But something changed this time.
People like you and me were creating their very own games, drawing from the potential long abandoned by the gray-brown games of today and turning mere shadows of the past into a marvelous reality.
Could this be possible?
With hope rekindled, I am that much closer to fulfilling my dreams and that of others...
...and for that I thank all of you!

Let's bring gaming back to life!

I already got the opportunity to work on the upcoming AM2R fan game project - http://metroid2remake.blogspot.nl/
Currently I am working on my "original" title, called "Legends of Zeranoth", which I will discuss in these forums soon enough.

Trivia:
-I prefer Tekken 2 over 3. The later felt like a downgrade, with most of the cast either missing or replaced by strangers.
-No matter what, I find myself returnig to a handful of games (probably as a detox to all the awful ones), which I love to play. These evergreen titles are - Crash Bandicoot 2, Spelunky, Team Fortress 2, Contra, Tekken series and Adventure Island 2.
-Why Crash 2 and not 3? I played it first, so the setting didn't come to me as a rehash of C1 and C3 felt like overdoing it, kind of like SMB2 feels to a lot of Mario fans. Worst yet, every other game were either trying too hard to be the third one or mutated into the likes of Titans.

Thanks for reading,

-Michael
zwets
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5797 on: November 16, 2012, 12:48:31 PM »

Hi all,

My name is Jan Niestadt, and I'm the programmer half of a little two-man team. My friend Gijs Rosengarten constitutes the art department. :-) We call ourselves Qwok Games.

We're both thirty-somethings with tech-related day jobs. We've been collaborating on various creative projects for quite a few years now. Making games was always on the list of things to do, but about a year ago we finally went and did it.

We started by entering the Ludum Dare Jam #22, and actually ended up winning second place with our HTML5 puzzle game Together Alone. Since then we've ported it to Haxe/NME in order to be able to target more platforms (Flash for now; Windows version coming), and we've vastly improved the game in all areas. We recently posted our second beta version on our site. The full game should be done by the end of the year.

We're also brainstorming heavily for our next game. As always, we have too many ideas, so the challenge is to avoid the 'second system syndrome' (taking on too much after the first succesful project). But it's been a lot of fun so far.

Thanks for reading and see you around!

Jan.
InCreator
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5798 on: November 16, 2012, 03:03:19 PM »

Hey everyone!
Since this forum has serious lack of Estonians, I'll introduce myself here  Smiley

My name is Indrek Plavutski, probably more known around the web as InCreator.

I mostly specialize in artwork, especially pixel art and animations, but know my way around code too if needed.

I've been AGSer since 2003 and participated in few projects, such as small artwork help in A Tale of Two Kingdoms and most recently, Blackwell Deception as a background artist.

Currently, I'm working on a big multiplatform project Hamster Time and doing some smaller projects on the side, to avoid getting too worn out on a single game.

I also got some videos of the progress, see here, but I guess it's a bit too early to make a full dev log.

Thanks for reading!
gejben
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5799 on: November 18, 2012, 04:09:11 PM »

Hello,
My name is Gabriel. I am a 23 years old Swede, living in Sweden with my wife and daughter (1.5 years).I haven't been programming much at all, but since I started out I've been finding it a lot of fun, so now that I think I have some basics I will try making a game. (devlog here:http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=29810.0, please leave some feedback).

First games I played was on my uncles Sega Master System. Mostly R-Type and Psycho Fox (What a HORRIBLE game, but so many lovely memories)

I enjoy all types of games, but lately it's mostly been indies that have made me stick through the whole game. Just got through Braid, which is one of the best games I've ever played, Thak you Jonathan Blow!

My Bolg,with updates of what I'm working on
Pages: 1 ... 288 289 [290] 291 292 ... 601
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic