Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411276 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 10:36:45 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 290 291 [292] 293 294 ... 601
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1907003 times)
skgames
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5820 on: December 01, 2012, 08:15:26 AM »

Hi, my name is Soner Kara.

I'm the developer of Traffic Racer. Currently almost all of my free time goes to this game. I'm working hard to make it the best endless racing game in the market. Other than that, I'm working on my regular full time job, therefore, Traffic Racer was made mostly during weekends.

Traffic Racer: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/traffic-racer/id547101139

Trailer:

« Last Edit: December 01, 2012, 08:20:34 AM by skgames » Logged
CataclysmicKnight
TIGBaby

A man, a plan, a game... indie!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5821 on: December 01, 2012, 02:21:07 PM »

Hiya! My name is Charlie, a solo indie developer of kid-friendly games. I'm the creator of The Critterverse (linky! http://www.thecritterverse.com. It's still under progress... but when you're an indie doing it all, isn't everything always in progress???)

Anyway, I'm currently working on a game called The Adventures of Rubberkid. It's a game made for elementary school kids with the goal of teaching them why bullying is so bad!

It's on Kickstarter (yes, I know, groan, but my goal is well under $1,000!) to promote it. The game will surely be made regardless, but I really want to promote to schools and libraries and even parents - the game is entirely free for everyone. It's made in Flash, so it's free online and as a download.

Anyway, if you're interested, check it out (http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/thecritterverse/the-adventures-of-rubberkid), share it, contribute, I'd be honored. But regardless, it's nice to meet you all! Smiley

alts
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5822 on: December 01, 2012, 07:23:03 PM »

Hi, my name's Stephen, and I've recently started doing game development in my free time. I've spent the last year and a half working at an iOS game dev shop doing server-side development. I decided that I wanted to get more involved in the client end of game development, and started making my own stuff.

I've mostly been working with Lua and LOVE 2D, and am thinking about learning some Actionscript to be able to do flash development, so that people can play my games without downloading them.

I put all of my stuff here: http://evilrobotstuff.com

wearepinata
Level 0

Piñata Games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5823 on: December 02, 2012, 11:03:17 PM »

Hello! Born from different sets or reasonably hippy parents, we are freelancers (Nathan and Jassa) from Adelaide, South Australia. We joined forces to create the indie game house, Piñata Games as a side project. After years of working together we finally realised that with our skills combined we'd be able to make games for iOS, so in late 2011 we set off on our journey. Now, less than a year later, we have two titles for iPad. Our games are Magnetix (https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/magnetix/id511153793?mt=8) and Revolve (https://itunes.apple.com/app/revolve/id555859420?mt=8)

Our inspiration is probably much the same as other people who grew up in the 80s. We love old school platformers but also have a healthy obsession with the Streetfighter series. We try to make games that are responsive, engaging, beautiful and simple. We also have a website with a little more information about our company here http://wearepinata.com/.

We hope to get involved in these forums and look forward to meeting some more game devs and having some interesting discussions Smiley

Piñata Games
Facebook // Twitter

We made Tamak and Magnetix
Nobah
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5824 on: December 04, 2012, 04:50:27 AM »

Hi all!

I'm Olli from LudoCraft. We are an independent game studio from Oulu, Finland. We have developed serious games for educational institutions and businesses for years. We are also the main developer behind a 3D Internet Software/Game Engine realXtend.

We have released two mobile games for iOS and Android: AstroComet and RoboFonics. For the last year we have worked on our first big PC title, AirBuccaneers which is a Unity 4 based remake of an Unreal Tournament 2004 mod we made for Make Something Unreal Competition 2004. AirBuccaneers will be out on Steam tomorrow! I work as the Community Coordinator for AirBuccaneers.

You can check out the AirBuccaneers launch trailer here:

miketucker
« Reply #5825 on: December 04, 2012, 07:50:46 AM »

hi, I'm mike. I come from a graphic/web design background. Originally my tool set revolved around Flash/AS3, but lately has migrated to Unity3D / C#.

Here is a dev blog of the game I'm currently working on: http://abraxasgame.tumblr.com/
It's currently showcasing some of the art direction, and will hopefully have an announcement trailer up by the end of the year.

The core gameplay is essentially a take on the classic 'cave flight' game. The player tries to navigate a procedural tunnel. Over the course of the game new elements are introduced-- wind flow fields (increase speed, but more difficult to maneuver), as well as continually narrowing tunnels which need to be pushed open by picking up items.

DbsGames
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5826 on: December 04, 2012, 02:32:24 PM »

Hi there, Diamond Bullet Studios here!  Smiley
Nice to meet everyone!

Here is a little information about us.
http://dbsgames.net/about.php

EMPLOYEES

CURTIS TODD
TEAM LEADER, LEAD PROGRAMMER

ERIC BICKLE JR.
LEAD 3D ARTIST

SETH GREENSTEIN
LEAD 2D ARTIST

CHRIS ZEIGLER
LEAD TESTER

DUSTIN JOHNSON
3D ARTIST

KYLE PILGRIM
PROGRAMMER

HOW WE STARTED

BEGINNINGS

In middle school, calculators are used for three things: playing games, doing math, and programming. The founders of Diamond Bullet Studios (DBS) spent most of their time doing the latter. They were the type of student that turns every assignment into an exploration of technology. Memorizing the quadratic equation becomes writing a program that solves it automatically. A presentation about the weather in Spanish class turns into a videotaped weather report with green screen and animated backgrounds. A FIRST® Lego League research PowerPoint ends up as a 3D animation. It didn't take long for the founders to become friends, considering their common interests. They joined the local FRC® team, taught each other to solve Rubik's cubes, and celebrated birthdays by playing video games all night. In December of 2007, their sophomore year of high school, they decided to create an outlet for their emerging technological skills in the form of Diamond Bullet Studios, a company that would design and produce video games.

CONTENTION
At the company's first meeting, they decided to make three games in the next year or two. They soon got to work on a first person shooter known simply as "the game." Three years and a few overly optimistic release dates later, Diamond Bullet Studios emerged, disillusioned but proud, with Contention. While not exactly a commercial success, Contention was a vital step in the evolution of the company. Over the years some team members chose to escape the company with their sanity. Those that remained gained a wealth of experience in their duties, which ranged from days-long coding marathons to hitting propane tanks and tomatoes with rocks.

MOWER
In the summer of 2010 three team members, Curtis Todd, Eric Bickle Jr., and Seth Greenstein, decided it was time for a change of pace. As a proof of concept, in two weeks they churned out Mower, a lawn mowing simulator. Despite its bizarre genre, Mower has been a modest success on the Xbox Live Indie Game Marketplace. Its success has largely been attributed to the allure of running over cats with a virtual lawn mower.

CATALYST 2012
In the spring of 2011 while mentoring FRC® Team 2751, the team he helped found, Curtis began work on a new simulator. While it was intended simply to teach 2751's students to drive the robot, Curtis soon realized the immense benefits a simulator could have for both FRC® teams and FIRST®. Among other things, teams would be able to design robots, practice driving, and spread the word about FIRST® in an engaging way. Curtis proposed the idea to the rest of the DBS team, which now included Chris Zeigler, and, being FIRST® alumni themselves, they readily agreed to begin the project. Through a fortuitous series of meetings and pitches, the DBS team was able to catch the interest of the top officials at FIRST®, making the possible what is now known as Catalyst 2012.

If you have anymore questions please feel free to ask! Smiley
« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 02:39:24 PM by DbsGames » Logged
fx0ne
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5827 on: December 05, 2012, 12:40:48 AM »

Hello

I'm fx0ne. I'm an ardent game designer. I love strategy, sports and racing game. My favorite games are "tower defense" type games as well as soccer games (FIFA and PES). In my spare time I develop games for the iPhone and iPad. I recently put out an iOS game called astroPACK in the app store https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/astropack/id580962096?mt=8

My second iOS game called Desert Storm is still being reviewed and hopefully will be out by the weekend. I'm glad to be a part of this gaming community.
Maud'Dib Atreides
Level 4

Obsessed with space

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5828 on: December 05, 2012, 01:25:32 AM »

Hi all!

I'm Olli from LudoCraft. We are an independent game studio from Oulu, Finland. We have developed serious games for educational institutions and businesses for years. We are also the main developer behind a 3D Internet Software/Game Engine realXtend.

We have released two mobile games for iOS and Android: AstroComet and RoboFonics. For the last year we have worked on our first big PC title, AirBuccaneers which is a Unity 4 based remake of an Unreal Tournament 2004 mod we made for Make Something Unreal Competition 2004. AirBuccaneers will be out on Steam tomorrow! I work as the Community Coordinator for AirBuccaneers.

You can check out the AirBuccaneers launch trailer here:

looks like the final episode of avatar the last airbender

Guy: Give me all of your money.
Chap: You can't talk to me that way, I'M BRITISH!
Guy: Well, You can't talk to me that way, I'm brutish.
Chap: Somebody help me, I'm about to lose 300 pounds!
Guy: Why's that a bad thing?
Chap: I'M BRITISH.
VictorGrunn
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5829 on: December 05, 2012, 03:38:58 AM »

Greetings all. I don't think I've introduced myself yet, despite lurking for a long time and even posting in some areas.

I'm Victor Grunn. I started to learn how to code games about a year or so ago, and part of that came from seeing all the cool stuff on here - though I still have a long way to go to start making anything quite that cool.

Largely doing AS3/the beginnings of Haxe with a friend of mine, though I'm hoping to start going beyond that. All of my stuff worth seeing is up on newgrounds at: http://victorgrunn.newgrounds.com/

I'm looking for all kinds of feedback, frankly. On art. On music choices. On design choices. On interface. On gameplay. On promoting/marketing. Everything, really. And thanks in advance to anyone who plays my stuff and gives some feedback.
videojames
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5830 on: December 05, 2012, 06:50:48 PM »

Hey TIG,

My name is James. I have a 1-man indie company called VideoJames.

Originally a sys admin, I picked up a Java book and I've been hooked on programming since.
At the beginning of this year I started using Unity, and after a month of that I was set on going indie. I quit my job and started many projects as we all do.

I've finished 1 and a half projects.
You can check out those here: http://www.kongregate.com/accounts/VideoJames
or here: http://videojames.co.nz

TIG seems to be friendly and genuine place. I'm glad I found it :D
Fosterocalypse
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5831 on: December 05, 2012, 07:39:14 PM »

Foster. Live in Tucson AZ. Programmer/Designer. Been working on two projects that i'd like to complete, but need artists/animators etc. C# is my primary but I dabble in other Java, C++,and a ton of other web development standards (perl, JS, JQuery,.Net, etc)

My 9-5 is contract IT work. I'm currently doing development for the AF base in town.

Looking to learn, collaborate and have some more fun with all this.
Jóhannes G.
Level 0

Lurker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5832 on: December 06, 2012, 06:44:40 AM »

I seriously love your style! I will be keeping an eye out on this one.

hi, I'm mike. I come from a graphic/web design background. Originally my tool set revolved around Flash/AS3, but lately has migrated to Unity3D / C#.

Here is a dev blog of the game I'm currently working on: http://abraxasgame.tumblr.com/
It's currently showcasing some of the art direction, and will hopefully have an announcement trailer up by the end of the year.

The core gameplay is essentially a take on the classic 'cave flight' game. The player tries to navigate a procedural tunnel. Over the course of the game new elements are introduced-- wind flow fields (increase speed, but more difficult to maneuver), as well as continually narrowing tunnels which need to be pushed open by picking up items.

- Jóhannes G.portfolio
Antares88
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5833 on: December 06, 2012, 04:38:23 PM »

Hi everyone !

My name is Antonio, I'm an Italian Computer Engineering student.
I'm moving my first steps into the indie gamedev scene with my team: Dev9k Games. We just released our first game, Conspiracy!, but that's a story for another thread.

I love game jams and hackathons, I believe they are great experiences.

I have way too many things to learn, and I heard this place is an amazing community to get inspired and meet amazing people.

See you around !
Erobotan
« Reply #5834 on: December 09, 2012, 01:48:47 AM »

Hi!

I'm a NEET and also a hikkikomori ... currently I'm trying to make a game (a golden axe clone) for a living (it's not finished yet) ... . I also love anime and have a small collection of nendoroids, robot-damashii, revoltech, and trading figures. I'm thinking about quitting the nendoroids though because I think Cupoche is much cuter but I have to finish my game and hopefully get some money first ....
EvanGibbs
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5835 on: December 09, 2012, 12:02:30 PM »

Hello!

I'm Evan Gibbs. I graduated from the Academy of Art University in San Francisco in December 2010. I have a job at Allstate Insurance doing art! (How strange!)

I've been making games ever since I was a kid. I would make paper and pencil RPGs for my friends and I to play when DnD was too complicated and expensive for us!

I made a game in RPG maker for playstation in middle school, like 6-8 games in game maker in highschool which is also when I really got into flash. I went to college for animation, and ended up at a job doing art and animation in flash!

I just started learning actionscript in 2011 and am working on a personal game! I love making games. Smiley
Right now I'm working on a shooter where you play as a dragon saving the zodiac animals.

My favorite games at the moment list:

EarthBound
Ghost Trick
Braid
Megaman X
Shining Force 2
Offspring Fling
Chrono Trigger
Dragon Spirit

MooCowG
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5836 on: December 09, 2012, 08:32:59 PM »

Hello, everyone!

My name is Gerald Kelley and I'm joining this here TIGSource, looking forward to interacting with people just like you, the reader. That is, people with a love of the video-game making process. (Doesn't that sound just delicious. I think so.)

So who am I? Where did I come from? Well I'm glad you asked, you handsome devil, you.

It all started back in 1982 when I was born in Davenport, IA. Then a bunch of Iowa stuff happened that isn't relevant to this post, and BAM! My parents got us kids an Atari 2600. So I began my video game playing life with classics like Pifall, Asteroids, SeaQuest, Moon Patrol, etc etc etc. This was about the time everyone was doing the NES thing, so I pretty much skipped out on most people's nostalgia, unfortunately. (I did get to sneak in some Castlevania time at a friend's NES, though. My lord! Still a favorite.)

Right about 1992, or so, my dad ended up getting a 386 computer. PC games would be my main source of entertainment from then on, and still are. Most gamers have Mario to look to, I have Commander Keen. Oh, the pogo stick. Smiley It wasn't long until my brother and I got hooked up with Ultima VI, my introduction to RPGs. I must have been about 10 or 11 and I sucked so bad at figuring out the mysteries and plotlines in that game, but the fact that I could go out and explore in any direction and there would be stuff to interact with (!!!!), I couldn't get over it! My brain was blown wide open and I've never fallen out of love with open world RPGs.

So much more! But I don't want to bore you (too late?), so I'll skip ahead about 13 years:

I've just graduated college with a degree in Studio Art. Now what? Well, unfortunately I went into art school with the intention of becoming a game dev, but for some reason I still can't figure out, I forgot that ambition, or got seduced by the art school mentality (take your pick) and effectively didn't maximize my education. But thankfully there was the PC modding scene out there to remind me of the fire that was burning in me. (Too much? Oh well.) You see, I had already done modding in high school, but I didn't know it at the time. I used to half-make Star Wars: Dark Forces levels with a shareware level editor, counting up all of my rooms/cells so I could maximize the limited potential of the free version. I loved it, but didn't realize that I could have started learning game dev on my own back then. I was waiting for someone to teach it to me. (Big mistake)

The Oblivion modding scene was my salvation. I took on the modding name, MooCow, and dove into WorldSpace development. (You can find my old projects at http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/users/75691 and http://planetelderscrolls.gamespy.com/View.php?view=User.EntriesListing&id=142389) What started as a love of empty, barren landscapes, became a realization that it was exactly how a lot of people learn the process. What some know almost instinctively, I needed to learn the hard way: No one teaches game dev. At least very few do, and almost no one in the Midwest. Things are a bit better now with schools supposedly starting to catch up, but back then, there was still a lot of advice against going to school for game design. But anyway.

For a while I tried to dodge 3D modeling, telling myself it was too complicated, but eventually I dove in. This was one of my first lessons in "Don't be intimidated." I soon discovered the power of self education and the internet. Thank goodness for open source graphics programs and cheaper ones like Crazy Bump (amazing program!).

Fast forward through a lot of time spent on my Oblivion project (Painful lesson: "Keep your scope small when it's pretty much just you.") and we find ourselves in May of 2011. This was my introduction to the IGDA: Chicago chapter and Indie City Games (also in Chicago). BOOOM! Other people that make games! My mind was blown wide open, yet some more. Chicago has been a great influence on me. I have a lot to be thankful for around here. One thing would be the IGDA: Chicago Game Jam in Oct 2011.

This was my first taste of actually finishing a game...Firestarter - http://www.kongregate.com/games/benedictfritz/firestarter?acomplete=fire+starter This post is already huge, so I'll just keep it at: I was so freaking happy it was ridiculous. I hope I didn't annoy too many people in the Jam. Wink Firestarter took the Judge's Choice. So happy.

I couldn't get it out of my system. I wanted more. Thankfully my buddy Benedict Fritz (programmer on Firestarter) recruited me for a project he had cooking called, A Night Forever. http://www.kongregate.com/games/benedictfritz/a-night-forever I had done so much 3D work in the past it was really awesome to get a chance to do 2D for a bit and get a feel for it. Once again, I was feeling intimidated by the task in front of me, but it was getting a little easier to ignore those feelings and push into it. Definitely no regrets. So happy with the result. Smiley

I'll finish up this way too long of a post with what I just got done with: Jupiter Jerry's Tour of the Kuiper Belt. I wanted to make a game on my own. I started looking into Unity 3D back in April 2012, and seeing it was possible, but I hadn't done any programming since my brief time as a Computer Engineering major in college. Indie Game: The Movie fixed that. They were on tour before their video release and Indie City Games and IGDA: Chicago hooked them into a stop in Chicago. Like a lot of you, most likely, I loved the crap out of it. It was only a few days later I plunged into Unity 3D and realized that making a game was way more possible then I imagined.

About 7 months later, many lessons learned the hard way, and many design revisions and I've released my first game that I can call "my own" (as much as a single developer can claim to have done it on his own. There are always helpers, testers, and supporters along the way. Or at least there should be).

Try it out. Have some fun. Blow up wads of paper: http://www.kongregate.com/games/MooCowG/jupiter-jerrys-tour-of-the-kuiper-belt

To those of you that got all the way to the end: Thanks for reading. For those of you that didn't (even though you won't read this anyway): Thanks for starting. Sorry about the length. Smiley

I think that's about it.

Cheers everyone! I hope to meet some of you in one way or another.

Gerald Kelley
www.geraldp.net

j-jorge
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5837 on: December 10, 2012, 05:36:08 AM »

Hi,

I am Julien Jorge, from Stuffomatic, a young indie game studio of two people from Nantes, in France.

I started to make little games 8 years ago and in 2005 I began a huge game project with a friend of mine. The name of this game is Plee the Bear, a very cool platformer. You can have a look at this game on IndieDB: http://www.indiedb.com/games/plee-the-bear/

Here are some captures of the old games I did:

Virtual Connect 4 2D

The obligatory Tetris

Plee the Bear

We decided last year to stop working on Plee the Bear on our spare time and to start a company to spend as much time as possible on it. Unfortunately the planning tells that the game won't be ready in less than 2 years, and we still have to live during these years.

Thus, we have momentary switched to another game, named Andy's Super Great Park, that we managed to terminate recently. It is a fun combination of the platformer and shoot 'em up genres, as you will see on the announcement forum. Here is a capture of the game:

My main activity on the games used to be coding and designing levels, but I also do a lot of drawing, some music and some sound effects. I am here to talk about our games, of course, but also to receive feedbacks and to discover other great indie games.

C++ developer with some 2D art skills. My games : Andy's Super Great ParkPlee the Bear
Binario
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5838 on: December 10, 2012, 11:24:13 AM »

Greetings earthlings! (O_o)

My name is Facundo i'm a designer/coder who lives in Buenos Aires, I do games

because i believe they are best communication tool, capable of sending a generation

defining message. Also they are the best marriage between arts & science.

It all started when my father got me a Family System (a pirate NES) at 6, i freaked

out so hard that 20 years later i was making games... can't stop now (gives me the

shakes man).

Currently i'm part of a 2 guys team called Backstab Games throwing gameplay at the

wall.

I'm into hardcore games, rewatching awesome flicks and wonder why i can make a 18

hit combo but can't string two chords together.
DC
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5839 on: December 10, 2012, 06:19:26 PM »

Hi there! My name's Dan and I'm currently a senior working towards my computer science major. I hope to get into either the game programming or artificial intelligence fields when I leave school. I'm 22 years old, and my favorite kinds of games are fast-paced action games, like FPS's, puzzle games, and fighting games. I like strategy too, but I'm really bad at most of them. Tongue I'm kind of new to actually programming a full game, but I've dabbled in it before. I've been doing programming since I was in middle school. Anyway, I don't have much more to say, but I hope to learn a thing or two from visiting TIGSource. Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 290 291 [292] 293 294 ... 601
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic