Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411488 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 29, 2024, 03:55:02 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 293 294 [295] 296 297 ... 601
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1953347 times)
waylonflinn
Level 0

Ready. Fight!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5880 on: December 26, 2012, 03:04:08 PM »

Howdy,

My name is Waylon Flinn. I'm a programmer. My first computer was a TRS-80.

Since then I've done lots of different things, including creating a library to solve the Non-Linear Partial Differential Equations that pop up with Bose-Einstein condensates (a Quantum-Mechanical thingy) and making the software they use to test astronauts brain functions on the International Space Station.

ZOMG!

I'm working on a super cool website for finding games right now. Maybe I'll post about that later.

Find Games You'll Love,
www.crunchmagic.com
Colorcoder
Level 0

*le logo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5881 on: December 27, 2012, 09:13:23 AM »

So.. who am I?

A 34 year-old kid, named KununguaK Iversen. After beign born and raised in Greenland, I moved to Denmark so I could serve in the Army, where I’ve completed three tours. Upon completing my last tour, I enrolled into Aarhus Business Academy, from where I recently graduated as a Multimedia Designer.

What do I do?

Implement my wide array of aquired knowledge and skill-sets, to do one simple thing.. Create!
Eventhough my passion currently evolves around designing and developing digitial products, such as apps, games, and websites, i occasionally enjoy drawing, painting, and sculpting.

Why do I do it?

Mostly because i love to create stuff, that’s either entertaining or usefull, and i grow whenever i discover a solution to a problem.

Partly because i need a creative outlet, and i’m a terrible singer. But also because multimedia design is an ever evolving field, with an infinite number of challenges… and I do appreciate a good challenge.

To learn more about me check out my website at www.colorcoder.net

Waaagh! By the way ..my first computer was the epic Amiga500!  Gentleman

KununguaK Iversen
kinifi
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5882 on: December 27, 2012, 01:38:23 PM »

Hello, My name is Chris and I love skateboarding. Skateboarding has always been my first love but making games has been my passion.

I'm not into talking about myself but I can tell you that I've been working on games for a long time. My favorite games are of course SKATE 1-3, Cave Story, Mega Man X, and so a many more its not worth pointing them out Smiley Platformers are my favorite genre so from that I can say I've clocked way to many hours on Super Meat Boy recently.

If you want to know anything else just ask Smiley
gtzpower
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5883 on: December 27, 2012, 06:56:21 PM »

Hi everyone!  I am an independent game developer looking to get some feedback on my first development release.  Just wanted to introduce myself here first as recommended in the feedback forum's "READ FIRST" guidelines.  If you get a chance, please check out my game.  It is in development, so I hope you don't mind some rough edges Smiley

https://apps.facebook.com/playcrimsontides/ - Direct link to game
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Play-Crimson-Tides/457992097596559 - Facebook page for the game if you want to follow development progress
eots
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5884 on: December 29, 2012, 11:45:52 AM »

Is there anyone reading this thread or is it just new members feeling obliged to post? Guess the amount of replys i get on this post answers the question.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2012, 12:01:50 PM by eots » Logged

nikki
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #5885 on: December 30, 2012, 02:11:03 AM »

Hello new Tigers, it's good to have you here !
welcome.

@eots: offcourse people read this, that's what it's for Wink
carnator
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5886 on: December 30, 2012, 01:42:07 PM »

Hiyo,

Jordan 'carnator' Brock here.  I make and play games Smiley  I think I'm in the right place. 
Manou
TIGBaby

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5887 on: December 31, 2012, 03:45:50 AM »

Hello, my name is Pierre, my first authoring software was Klick&Play back in the 90's.

I'm doing 3D in my spare time for about ten years now with Blender.
Recently I have been doing some projects with the Panda3D engine.

I use Stencyl now for 2D games. I don't know what to say actually  Well, hello there!

My favorite games of all times were Dungeon keeper, Black&White, Sacrifice.

Here is my website : plb5.free.fr
« Last Edit: December 31, 2012, 04:00:34 AM by Manou » Logged
shaneknysh
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #5888 on: December 31, 2012, 11:23:51 AM »

My name is Shane - you might have figured that from my id. I'm known as Papaganoush and Taalyn on various games and communities online.

I've been playing and making games my entire life. I've made a few crude text based games and written some table top games as well. If I dig hard enough I could probably find my table top FPS game I wrote a good two years prior to Steve Jackson's FRAG (FRAG is a lot better than mine). I love story telling games and I like to draw maps for RPGs.

You can find out more than you ever wanted to know about me at http://about.me/shaneknysh.

I have a few ideas of games I'd like to play and since they don't seem to exist I am starting to look at tools to let me make them.

I am fascinated by games ideas Sun and Moon and games that mix competitive and cooperative play - like die2nite.

The game I would like to build and play right now is a mashup of die2nite and minecraft. Project Zomboid and DayZ are kinda close but not quite it.

I started by downloading Unity and playing around with it and I am clearly out of my depth. The code and logic makes perfect sense, but the 3D graphic editor is beyond my feeble mind. can comprehend. I started looking at simpler tool kits and have downloaded the javascript library Crafty.js to take a smaller step into making a game.

I signed up here to start absorbing information and ideas and techniques.

this area intentionally left blank
Wyllo
TIGBaby

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5889 on: December 31, 2012, 02:35:23 PM »

My name is Wyllo, pronounced like the tree, and I am the female part of the two person team that makes up Nitrous Butterfly Independent Games

I am a graphic artist and I have been for more years than I care to mention Wink  You can see a very small portion of my work at Deviant Art.  I have created 3D models and textured clothing and objects for various 3D virtual reality sites such as NuVera Online (my own project), Second Life, and IMVU. 

Although I really would rather not say my age, let me just say my first gaming experience was Pinball.  Pong was the first gaming console (and it was new!) I used and Commodore 64 was not far behind.  I coded my own Texas Instrument game console.. not very successfully but it was fun to try hehe... and of course played the arcade games of Pacman, Space Invaders, etc.  Atari was my next console system and from there into Nintendo and so forth. Once PC's became a house hold item, however, that became my passion.  I wanted to learn everything I could about creating on my system.  I guess you could say I was one of the original female gamers out there, and yes, I did beat Doom when it first came out and Age of Empires was rockin' graphics at the time lol

Over the years I have been working toward my current goal.  I call all my gaming 'research' because, well how can I possibly be a game developer if I don't know the ins and outs of the games themselves? So half my week is spent on "research" and the other half on development.  I have such a hard life Smiley  I don't program as I found that was not my forte.  However graphics, low poly 3D models and ideas abound for me.  My partner does the code work while I get to sit pretty and tell him when something isn't working right or applaud him when it does.  I even give him cookies when he does a particularly good job.  Oh, and keep him in coffee as that is quite necessary.

The games I have played over the years vastly vary from RPG to MMORPG, strategy, adventure/puzzle, sim and a few first person shooters.  My preference is for games that inspire creativity though so sim and RPG with crafting elements tend to tickle my fancy most; adventure/puzzle games take a close second.  This is probably why I like virtual worlds so much.  Virtual reality worlds are a lot of fun but filled with creative elements that just get my brain flowing.  I can spend hours or even days on one project just to perfect it and the fact that many allow you to actually make a real world income certainly helps.

I would have to say my passion for gaming and creating is the reason I got into game design although, it was sort of by accident. I met this dude, I told him of my great idea, he laughed at me (rude dude I tell ya hehe)... then he told me he had the same idea and was just not wanting to do it by himself. So the collaboration began and here I am.  I have been working on a project for the past 6 years that will be an ongoing one as long as our users keep asking us for more.  In the mean time we are setting up to hopefully start a few smaller projects to keep the newness of it going at all times.  With only one coder and one creative person on board I think we have done pretty darn good for ourselves.

I am off to tug the chains on my code slaves desk now but wanted to check in, get to know a few people here and perhaps show off some of my work when I get the chance.

Peace,
Wyllo

Alekz
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5890 on: January 01, 2013, 11:02:11 AM »

Hi, I'm Alexander. I've been a professional web developer for more than 10 years, but not so long ago I started spending a lot of my free time learning game development, mostly with Unity 3D. I'm a big fan of procedural generation in games and so I'm trying to use procedural content quite a lot in my prototypes. I haven't made anything you would call a game yet though.
soapcreative
Level 0

We make games for money and fun. Oh and love!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5891 on: January 02, 2013, 04:10:09 AM »

We are Soapcreative a digital agency / indie game developer with offices in Sydney Australia and LA, USA.

We've been around for 10 years and have been making games for longer through previous jobs. Our team consists of developers, animators, designers and creatives.

We create branded games (to pay the bills), experimental games (for ourselves) and mobile games to learn and make money.  Check out some of our games here http://www.soapcreative.com/games/

Our mobile claim to fames are Diggin' Dogs which we published through Chillingo
http://www.soapcreative.com/diggin-dogs/

And Thumbzilla a self published title
http://soap.com.au/thumbzilla

Oh and we made the World's Biggest PC-MAN
http://boxofsoap.com/entries/pacman/

We also like to share our WIP and behind the scenes art and technical stuff which is why we're interest in TIG.

We work in Flash, AIR, Unity, HTML5 and Objective C.

We make games for money and fun. Oh and love!
3dju
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #5892 on: January 02, 2013, 05:23:41 PM »

It's kinda weird to talk about myself, so I'll keep it short, I'm a little shy, lol.

Hi. I'm Juliano Britto Silveira. I'm 21 and just got in the games industry, but I have dreaming about it since I was 7. I'm from Brazil.

I'm a level designer and a technical artist. I always developed small games on my own when I was young, with rpg maker and stuff (hehe). Now I work with Unity, 3ds max, modo mainly, substance a lot also, photoshop, messiah and sculptris. The game that made want to develop games is LBA 2, by Frederyck Raynal, I played it a LOT in my childhood.

This is LBA 2, I think you may know it:

It would be really nice to get in contact with people who also develop games, so you could add me on facebook and we could talk about it and stuff. (:
https://www.facebook.com/3djub
Selmak75
« Reply #5893 on: January 03, 2013, 02:32:32 AM »

My name is Steve, i've been programming for over 25 years. I started making small games 3 years ago with my friend (a 2D/3D artist) on mobiles such as Windows Phone and iOS.

Currently, my friend is very busy with family & work so i am looking for another graphics artist to work on our RPG. I currently design all our tools, i have a workable 2D tile editor/engine & i'm also working on a 3D rpg game engine (just learned 3D 2 months ago). Since i have a lot of time on my hands, i am eager to get something started. I would prefer to make it in 3D but i'm very open to a 2D game as well. It should be like FF6 (FF3US).

Our game will be done in C# with the XNA framework, it will be available to Windows PC & XBOX 360 if the game size & memory requirements doesn't exceed the console's limitations.

Background:
In the early 80s, my first computer was a Commodore Vic-20 and with only 3.5k of available memory to program with. This is a fraction of a fraction (of another fraction perhaps) of what we have today.

In the early 90s, i was able to buy a PC! Well an XT to be exact, still it was a major milestone for me. I started learning other variants of Basic since it was the only language available on my first computers and the internet wasn't very popular at that time. From that time i made a lot of business software for companies, it was easy compared to game programming but boring in comparison.

When the SNES came out, i was really stunned by the quality, especially with the sounds and music being digital! Since that time, i dreamed of making my own games, i have the means and competence however, like many programmers, i have zero skills when it comes to graphics or sound/music design.

In 2010 it is when i decided to take a crack at iOS development. At that time, i had asolutely no experience with Objective-C (what iOS & Mac uses to make apps).

Since me and my friend only had a few hours a week to work on it, it took us a long time just to release a small game. It was a fun experience and we weren't in it for the money but one of our goals was to be able to do this for a living. Unfortunately, in my own opinion, Apple's App store is a big failure, especially for non-US developers like me.

The main problem is that at least 90% of our sales comes from US customers. Some of our games were "featured" in our country's app store instead in the US one. So we have very little exposure where it is needed the most. Also the application to browse for apps is a joke and poorly designed, especially the new version under iOS 6.

Another problem the app store has is the flooding of new (and useless) apps and games. One day when i was browsing for new apps, in the new releases i saw 3 brand new games from the same developer released on the same day! It turned out to be bogus, as to why and how it got through the app store submissal process is a mystery.

So now today, i'm scrouring forums in search for other people to team up on a project. Unfortunately we have no funds to pay artists, it would have to be free at first or there is always the possibility of crowdfunding like kickstarter.com which would allow us to receive funding (donations) before the game is finished.

My programming skills are: Qbasic, VB5/6, C#/XNA, Objective-C, c++(basic), PHP, Javascript.

Thanks for reading and have a nice day!
killallbotz
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5894 on: January 03, 2013, 05:14:53 PM »

Hi,

My name is Josh Parreno, I'm from the Philippines. I have been a gamer since a kid and owning my very first NES is where it all started. Ever since, I always wanted to create my very own games, So I made this little studio called KillAllBotz together with a friend. We're making freeware games in tribute to games that inspired us. We have our first game out now which i will be posting on Postings threads. Check us out in http://killallbotz.blog.com
Reyold
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5895 on: January 03, 2013, 10:42:39 PM »

Before I start, is it okay to mention how awesome it is to be on the same forum as the guy who made Spelunky, one of my all-time favorite games? Kiss

Anyway, before I start sounding like a creepy fanboy, my (internet) name is Reyold. I'd LIKE to call myself a game designer, but I'm still learning the ropes, and thus haven't started developing an actual game yet (unless the ones made doing tutorials counts, but I doubt that). I also like difficult games. The aforementioned Spelunky, Super Meat Boy, Metal Slug, etc.

I got into gaming when I was 11-ish. I was going on a school field trip, so my folks got me a Gameboy Advance to keep away the boredom during the trip. Yoshi's Island was my first game, and I've been gaming ever since.

That's the problem with the saying, "be yourself. " What if you're a jerk?
bausman480
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5896 on: January 04, 2013, 07:33:56 AM »

Hi everyone,

My name is Alla, but online I prefer to go by Baus. I'm female, 22, and currently in the process of developing my first game, http://libertygame.org, a browser-based horse simulation that focuses on the bond between the player and their horses.

I was never much of a gamer growing up (other than Pokemon), but I did play a lot of pet sim games throughout high school and all. I recently finished a degree in business and marketing, so game development has not been on my radar until recently - pretty much earlier this year.

What are my motivations? To create a world for others to experience. Games are for me the ultimate platform for creativity - combining art, design, code, music, interactivity and story into a cohesive whole. They are also an efficient persuasion mechanism: what you can experience yourself is more likely to change your viewpoint on things than a million conversations. My aim is to introduce players to ideas about horsemanship that are not widely known or accepted, but should be: for example, the idea that a horse, as a living being, should be allowed a choice in his interactions with people.

While I can draw and code, I can do neither to a good enough extent to use for the game. Therefore, I do the game design and marketing, and outsource everything else. I currently have a team of ~15 contractors working on Liberty, and i'm hoping to get an alpha version live by mid-spring.

Liberty - free horse simulation game focusing on the bond between human and horse. Currently in development.
hapafive
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5897 on: January 04, 2013, 08:02:09 AM »

Hi all!  My name is Mark. 

I've been programming for > 10 years, lots of languages/systems, game dev on and off (on the side) for about 3 years.   I've published six wp7 games (you can check them out here: hapafive.com) using XNA, and am planning to branch out into other platforms.  I love the challenge of game design and putting the various pieces together (technical, art, business, etc).  One man shop but I usually get some help on the graphical assets (because i suck at art!).  I'm currently using Unity with the hope to branch out to other platforms.  I'm absolutely digging it and the community around it.

As a gamer I've always been sucked in by puzzle games (starting with Tetris in 1987!) and have played lots of other stuff over the years, console and pc. Current #1 is minecraft on xbla with my kids. :-)
JonathanO
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5898 on: January 04, 2013, 08:01:40 PM »

My Name is Jon and I am a new Game developer. I am awful at music and art but I am excellent at making game engines... Well not excellent... Smiley

I hope to meet lots of new people here and maintain a devlog.

Contact me @odonnellCarl
Flux_oortstar
Level 0

Lead developer at Oort Star

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5899 on: January 05, 2013, 03:45:02 AM »

Hi there,

My names Flux and I am from the United Kingdom.

Over the past 10 years I've worked on countless game features, ideas and small projects whilst maintaining my day job. In November last year (2012) I decided it was time to quit my day job and start working on my first full game which I hope to release during 2013.

I'm working with a small team of people who all specialise in different areas of game so it's working out pretty well so far!

I'm a fan of eSports and will often have StarCraft 2 tournaments streaming in the background. My favorite games to play are RPG and RTS games, so it'll be no surprise that I am working on an RPG with a heavy strategical element to combat.

I'm looking forward to getting to know you all,

- Flux

- Flux
Pages: 1 ... 293 294 [295] 296 297 ... 601
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic