Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411506 Posts in 69379 Topics- by 58435 Members - Latest Member: graysonsolis

April 30, 2024, 09:46:16 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 294 295 [296] 297 298 ... 601
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1953770 times)
Purdle
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5900 on: January 06, 2013, 02:42:48 AM »

My name is Purdle and I'm the spokes person for Fungun games (in the UK).

I remember hearing about video games a long time before I saw one (because I lived in the "sticks" AKA countryside way back). I first saw an arcade after biking many miles with friends to a large town and I was blown away. I'll cut the long story down because it is so similar to most others. And now I'm here  Smiley

I'm the public face of Fungun, a tiny bunch of people who collaborate out of the spotlight because that's how they like it for now. Being such a small independant it's hard for them to find time to make games and do all the other stuff around games like actually telling people what they've done. So that's where I come in and that's me!

I will spend a little time checking out the forums and then I'll tell you more soon.
BronzeBeard
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5901 on: January 06, 2013, 10:25:42 AM »

I'm Eric, lead programmer, gui artist, and owner of Visual Entertainment and Technologies (www.ventdev.com). I've been programming in some capacity for the last 13 years and working in the indie dev scene for the last decade.

I also have a fairly long beard, because every good programmer should have a beard.
rioneye
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5902 on: January 06, 2013, 01:48:17 PM »

My name is Ebrahim and I am the lead/only programmer for Ilmfinity, currently in the US. I am 23 years old and am currently going to college, studying for a MS in applied mathematics.

I first got into gaming when my dad would sit us on his lap while playing games like descent for the PC...What ever happened to that game? Anyway, I've been playing games ever since although college life has slowly drained any free time I've had. 

I just started programming on Android and recently started working on a game for it. At first I thought I could go it alone but here I am a year and a half later with a team of about 5 people working on my first project. Hopefully it all works out in the end.
Thickshake
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5903 on: January 07, 2013, 02:55:19 AM »

Hey guys, Im a 16 year old guy from New Zealand,  current working on my first big project ever called "Dimensia". Funny story as , I actually didnt even want to get into programming, but my school put me into it as the subject I wanted was full. Basically my interested stemmed from there :D

Most people call me Leachy, although Im known Thickshake (my gaming name), Im really fine with anything. Just dont call my Andy xP

I also play piano! Currently doing my performance certificate ( well working towards it xD )

Heres a pic of me, outside a place which served the NICEST , Thickshakes ever. Soo It deserved a worthy photo

Anyways, I came here in hope of finding some awesome fellow Dev's (Already met quite a few through twitter ), and hopefully get some constructive feedback on my games Devlog that I'll make shortly!

Quite excited to see every other great project on here and possibly get further inspiration and motivate to continue with my project!
Anyways great to be a part of this site.
Nathan Cash
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #5904 on: January 07, 2013, 03:31:30 PM »

Hello! My name is Nathan and I am 15 (coming up on 16) years old. The first game system I owned was a Nintendo 64 and although I was about 6 when my siblings and I received it from my Aunt (To my parents dismay) I loved it. The first game I played on it I believe to be Banjo Kazooie. I LOVED IT! Even though I had trouble collecting a single jiggy it was very engaging and I enjoyed it. Other games I had included: Super Mario 64, Paper Mario, Donkey Kong 64, Mario Party 3 and of course Goldeneye (didn't play it myself until I was 11 or 12.) I got into web design when I was in 5th grade and learned Html and Css. Eventually I wanted to make a game! I moved around for a few years experimenting in Gamemaker and later Unity (I followed the Tornado Twins tutorial game.) I have never actually finished anything but I am motivated to make a cool game and am working on a few ideas right now. I learned about the Indie Scene when my friend told me about a game called Spelunky! I played that game SOOOO much and when I joined the Mossmouth Forums, I learned more about what Indie is. I don't have a decent picture of myself right now so sorry. These forums seem awesome and I will hang out here lots!
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 03:40:48 PM by Nathan Cash » Logged
Gamblore
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5905 on: January 07, 2013, 05:50:33 PM »

Hello people, I'm Adam, I'm 26 and I've been programming for many years now. I have B.Sc. and Master's in Computing Science. My thesis was on getting a pinball machine to play it self, sort of robotics and computer vision. I also made a cooperative multi-player pinball game, this is with physical pinball machines with some custom controller boards. That was a couple years ago now.

I kinda always wanted to work on games. My first released game was a missile command clone for Android. Since then, I have ported FlashPunk to Android (http://www.github.com/gamblore/AndroidPunk) and I've been using that to make my various prototype, jam, and real games these days. I'm pretty much sticking to mobile just because I enjoy working on the engine as I am a mediocre designer at best. I like making games that can be picked up and played for a short time.
thersus
Level 0

Sometimes I'm grumpy, sometimes I'm not.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5906 on: January 08, 2013, 01:29:04 PM »

Hello, dear [near future] friends.

I'm Thersus, also known by my real name Felipi Macedo. I'm a june-1989-born guy so, doing the math, I currently am 23 years old. I'm from the southernmost state of Bra{s|z}il, and am graduated in a bachelor course called Digital Technologies, which I'll leave to you to reflect on what this may mean.

Nowadays I'm doing not much, other than working on an academical research institute, doing web design/development and, well, research. Probably will try some master's next year, so I'm trying to finally enter, for real, the game dev world.
Well, I did some things in the past, like making some shit web and iPhone advergames in companies I worked for, but my main skill is to concept megalomaniac projects that never get finished. I am currently, again, taking medicine to treat this. So, I do not have like a portfolio of games I made, and even more sadly, many of my wip projects are lost due to a robbery (did I say I'm brazilian?). But I'm not self-esteem absent enough to say that I cannot make some nice things, if I try.

My journey on this world of marvels and fantastic adventures started when I was a kid, drawing shitty mockups of games that me and my cousins used to imagine. I continued making this kind of things, and hand drawn card and board games, until I was 14 and discovered the joy of RPG Maker 2000. I played a lot with it, and then with 2003, and then with XP, that I must say, is the software that changed my life.
'Twas with RMXP that I started to program in a real programming language - ruby - and I have to say, I did lots of neat things on it, from simple platform gaming to Neural Network powered enemies and partners. I have some screenshots of my old and defunct project on my blog - http://theludomachine.felipimacedo.com/en/article/02/um-passeio-evolutivo-pelo-night-sunrise/

After I started my course on the university, I learned to program in C++ and ventured in lot of other languages and engines, including, let me think... Ogre 3D, Irrlicht, Unity 3D, Cocos2D iPhone, Cocos2d-x, pure html+javascript, OpenGL in C++, Flash, XNA, and all this nerdy stuff. I also tried to make graphics, and discovered that I kinda suck at it. My interfaces can get somewhat good, but not my drawings and my sprites. But composing music, well, that's another thing I think I can do well enough! Some of my songs are available to listen on soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/pixtermination/sets/demo-10-2011

What I'm doing now is trying to focus on solely ONE of my MANY projects, but I will try to do it the best I can, matter not if it takes one year or one entire life. As I am passionate with 2D games, it will be 2D, and it will be a game. I am doing the programming and the design and will do the audio, but probably not the graphics, because that's what I think I am capable of crafting with quality.

As for gaming, I will just throw some names: Megaman Zero 3, Castlevania SotN, Super Mario Bros. 3, Majora's Mask, Soul Calibur, Borderlands 2, Muramasa.

Well, glad to meet you all!

mysteriosum
Level 1

I just lost the game ;(

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5907 on: January 09, 2013, 09:19:01 AM »

Hello, TIG Forums! 

I call myself mysteriosum; others usually call me Travis. I'm from Montreal. I'm a gamer, an actor a playwright, and more recently, indie with my partner at Fabulam Games.

I've been gaming since I was, like, 5 or something, and got my first console (SNES) at 8. I still play it. It's right next to my Wii U now :D

My favourite games tend to be puzzle-platformers. I am odd, I think, in that I include games like VVVVVV and Super Meat Boy in that category, because they're really about determining exactly when to jump and for how long, or what have you. There are problem solving skills, mixed with muscle memory requirements, which I carry over from my time as a musician.

Our current project at Fabulam is Chromatose - but, I'll post about that another time, on another board.

If you like, check out our website!
http://www.fabulamgames.com

I am excited to be part of the community!

love,
mysteriosum

StephenCathcart
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5908 on: January 10, 2013, 03:58:06 AM »

Hi Guys,

I'm a student from the UK studying Computer Science. I'm a massive fan of RPGs, especially the Final Fantasy series (although not so much of the newer ones  Sad) however, I still think the original Phantasy Star on the Sega Master System is the best RPG made to date. I love to make games in my spare time and would like to make it more than just a hobby one day.

I also like McDonalds,
Steve
FlauchersFinest
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5909 on: January 10, 2013, 05:50:01 AM »

Hello world!

Indie iOS gamedev from Munich, Germany
released O'ZAPFT IS! and MOON RACE
with vidiludi.com makers of HIGHWAY RUN

That's all,

Flauchers Finest
Andy Gibson
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5910 on: January 10, 2013, 06:23:02 AM »

Andy Gibson here! Founding member of Team Pesky and the crayons and tunes behind Little Acorns.

Actually I've been working in the UK dev industry for 13+ years (Core Design, Revolution, Gusto, Rebellion, nDream, Blitz & Strawdog) making art and running teams.

I dabble with Unity and XNA for fun but making stuff look and sound pretty is what I do best Wink

Nice to meet ch'all!
Andy
Jupiter_Hadley
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5911 on: January 10, 2013, 02:47:54 PM »

Hello! My name is Jupiter Hadley. Im one of those 'rare' gaming females on the internet. The first game I remember playing is Zelda on the NES with my father as a kid. I later got a gameboy, ps1 (later upgraded to a ps2) and then a pc. I wasnt really in to gaming at that point, but my brother told me I couldnt play the game 'Minecraft', so I had to prove him wrong. From that, I have made a friend who makes games and posts on this thread, and he has gotten me interested in making games as well as making a youtube where I play Indie games Smiley
Also: Panda! Panda
jhasse
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5912 on: January 11, 2013, 09:48:39 AM »

Hi!

My name is Jan Niklas Hasse. I'm 22 years old, live in Germany and just finished my first real game - Sweet Split - together with a friend Smiley
nickgravelyn
« Reply #5913 on: January 11, 2013, 11:17:52 AM »

My name is Nick. I've been here before but have a new account now. Currently trying to figure out what to work on. Recently I toyed with some 3D stuff before finding out the scope was too big for me:

https://twitter.com/i/#!/nickgravelyn/media/slideshow?url=pic.twitter.com%2FWLIE3C3s
https://twitter.com/i/#!/nickgravelyn/media/slideshow?url=pic.twitter.com%2FTb4xcSGm
https://twitter.com/i/#!/nickgravelyn/media/slideshow?url=pic.twitter.com%2Fj4t81BtU

So now I'm playing with a 2D Link to the Past like (LTTP-like) game:

https://twitter.com/i/#!/nickgravelyn/media/slideshow?url=pic.twitter.com%2FD4l1kR2D
https://twitter.com/i/#!/nickgravelyn/media/slideshow?url=pic.twitter.com%2FOmLXA2LQ

Will likely be snooping around for artists to work with at some point as my art skills are pretty much nonexistent as evidenced by the 2D screenshots above (the 3D ones used models I bought). Smiley
EleventhLevel
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5914 on: January 12, 2013, 11:24:30 AM »

Hey guys,

We're Eleventh Level Interactive.
A newly founded game studio located in Vancouver BC, full indie.

Currently have 2 people working full time as indies myself, Dustin Kaban, and Humaira Thalayan.
With 3 others helping out big time, Kyle Wall, Evan Luty, and Troy Otway.

LinkedIn ( Dustin Kaban ) - Programming
http://www.linkedin.com/pub/dustin-kaban/22/132/837

LinkedIn ( Humaira Thalayan ) - Art / Animation
ca.linkedin.com/pub/humaira-thalayan/26/b49/a21/

LinkedIn ( Kyle Wall ) - Art / UI
ca.linkedin.com/pub/kyle-wall/24/781/519

LinkedIn ( Evan Luty ) - Design
ca.linkedin.com/in/evanluty

LinkedIn ( Troy Otway ) - Sound (Music, SFX)
ca.linkedin.com/pub/troy-otway/11/52a/940

Our Indie Companies website
http://eleventhlevelinteractive.com

We're focusing on Mobile Games, although since we are using Unity we are playing around with using different platforms for our games.
Currently our first game Smash! is only on iOS but will soon be on Android, soon after that it will be up on Kongregate.

Feel free to add us on LinkedIn and get in touch with us!
You can reach me on here or by my e-mail [email protected]

Looking forward to meet Other Indies!  Smiley
kurtkz
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5915 on: January 12, 2013, 12:37:03 PM »

Hi everyone,

I'm Kurt (29-soon-to-be-30) and I'm a software developer from Cape Town, South Africa. I've been a long-time lurker on these forums and finally decided to bite the bullet and register Smiley

I've been developing for quite a while now - I'd say my first foray in to the subject was in 1990 when my parents bought a ZX Spectrum 48k. I eventually made the move to Turbo Pascal/C in primary school, before moving on to Java/C++/C# at varsity. I'm currently in my 7th year in non-gaming commercial development and am still loving every minute of it.

Here's to an exciting 2013 Smiley

Cheers
K
CaptainKraft
Level 0

Chillin like a villin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5916 on: January 12, 2013, 06:42:54 PM »

Howdy,

I am Jeremiah but online I'm know as CaptainKraft. I'm working on 27 years of being a bum and I've got a wife, a son, and a daughter on the way. Most of my time is spent with my family or going to school for Computer Science.

From 2005 to 2010 I was in the Marine Corps where I spent most of my time playing video games and generally wasting time.

Since third grade I have wanted to become a game developer but never had the motivation to actually start. Now as an old man I've picked up a few programming languages and dove in head first to gamedev.

I love BSing with other gamers and game makers so hit me up on Twitter, YouTube, or my website (links in sig).

You guys rock, catchya later.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2013, 06:53:07 PM by CaptainKraft » Logged

Bernard A Doria
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #5917 on: January 13, 2013, 09:01:36 PM »

Hi all,

My name's Bernard, and I'm experimenting whether becoming an indie game developer is right for me. I've been playing a variety of iOS, Flash, and modern arcade games, and I keep imagining ways to combine game mechanics from games that I enjoy playing. May as well put those ideas to the test.

My game history... I started getting interested in video games when I was maybe six years old, when I wanted my own Atari 7800 after having fun with it at a cousin's house. I started to get into RPGs in the SNES years and a wide variety of genres in general in the PSX and N64 years. My passions turned to bullet-hell shmups when I discovered that I'm actually better at these games than most game players. Eventually, I became a tireless game QA analyst-turned-automation engineer, so I turned to iOS and Flash games for quick but engaging bursts of entertainment. So yeah, I go through phases of casual, mid-core, and hardcore gaming.

What makes me tick... It's weird. I want to say I like challenging games, especially those that allow for last-minute error corrections like shmups do. But having less and less time to play these games, I succumb to submissive games that provide a little challenge. I envision I'll make games like these.

What doesn't make me tick... Definitely expressive (sandbox) games. I always want a measurable goal to achieve.

What I hope to get out of the TIGForums... Feedback and support for whatever I create! I'm driven more from the approval of others than being steadfast in my own convictions, so my initial plan is to make lots of game prototypes and follow through with any game idea that's encouraging.
monogames
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5918 on: January 14, 2013, 04:31:43 AM »

Hi! I am Joel, a 29 year old guy from Sweden.

I have always had an interest in making games since i got introduced to an windows application called "Click & Play" wich was allowed you to create your own game without having to write a single line of code.
I then later went on to Visual Basic and then finally Adobe Flash wich got me into the web/advertising business.
There i worked as a FlashDeveloper for about 6 years until i recently decided that what i really wanted to do, was to make games. I started a game company named MonoGames together with my friend for about 4 months ago and 4 days ago we released our first title on the appStore : Bouncy! =)

This is a picture of me with "half beard" =)

Warbarons
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5919 on: January 14, 2013, 12:09:56 PM »

Hi!

Another Swede here who is also making a game. A turn based strategy game that we have been working on for 3 years. It's like a never ending story. But the game is getting better and better all the time. We went down the JavaScript / HTML road when most browser games were still quite simple flash games. I think we have taken the JavaScript / HTML browser game to a pretty high level with our game Warbarons.

I haven't shaved half my face like Joel so I'll show a screen shot of our game instead of my face  Big Laff.

Our turn based 4X strategy game in the browser: http://www.warbarons.com

Hire heroes, explore ruins, conquer castles, train soldiers, creatures and beasts to serve your command.
Pages: 1 ... 294 295 [296] 297 298 ... 601
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic