Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 06:18:10 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 297 298 [299] 300 301 ... 601
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1951121 times)
Adam H
Level 0

Music Composer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5960 on: February 01, 2013, 07:24:18 AM »

Hello, Everybody!  Smiley

My name is Adam Haynes and I am a music composer that would like to get on-board with some independent game projects. Last year I achieved a first class honours in BA Music Composition and I am very keen to compose music for games.

I will post in the portfolio section soon, but I just wanted to stop by first and say hi  Smiley Nice to meet you all! I'm looking forward to getting involved with the community.

Cheers  Toast Right

~ Adam

Adam Haynes ~ Music composer, orchestrator, arranger
adamhaynes.co.uk | Soundcloud | Youtube | adzin.co.uk | @duckthatbites
Number
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5961 on: February 04, 2013, 03:57:44 AM »

Hi,

I just like seeing what's new and up & coming in the world of games. Go indies!
musetdima
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5962 on: February 04, 2013, 04:39:19 AM »

Hi everyone. My name is Muset Dumitru and i'm from Moldova. When i was kid, my dream was to make my own games for dendy:D, unfortunately i haven't accomplished my dream, but now, i'm a windows game programmer, moreover, not long ago i finished my own  virtual machine and it is very similar to dendy console, therefore i think i will make a simple arcanoid for it, to calm my soul :D

Latest finished project - Stone Chess:

Trailer

(old)
« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 11:20:43 AM by musetdima » Logged
BaronVonMonster
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5963 on: February 04, 2013, 05:57:41 AM »

Hey all,

Dave here, the art half of a small indie dev team / company called 'Monster and Monster' based in Leamington Spa, UK.

Before becoming and indie I spent 5 years rising from junior to senior artist at a digital agency working on various flash games and websites for folks such as BBC, Activision, Channel 4, Disney, Nickelodeon etc. etc. etc.!?

Since then Monster and Monster have been working away on various bits and bobs for about 18 months and have so far released 4 games with our 5th most ambitious game 'Deep Loot' due for release early this summer.

After a good few months lurking I've finally decided to joining this board so that I can discuss indie games and join in chats about local meet ups.

Oh and here's a picture of me as that smooth talking travel agent of the dead Manny...

grid
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5964 on: February 04, 2013, 08:47:28 AM »

Hello everyone.

I've been making games since approximately 2007, when I finally bit the bullet and banged out a mashup of Tetris and Go. I made it in flash, and you can still play it on my website. That's also where I write (not super regularly) about game design and game making and games in general.

I'm really into board games, and more casual video games (especially action puzzle games), and everything like that. I got really into the iPhone when it came out, and that's what I've been developing for since around 2009, when I wrote my first app, ActionChess (which is also a sort of Tetris meets Chess mashup).

Last June, I took the plunge, and quit my dayjob to make games full time. I've been paying the bills with freelance work, but trying to spend at least half of my time working on my own projects. Mostly my own designs, although the latest project is a board game port that I wanted to do just to work with a particular group of people again, and see if that could be more commercially viable than my puzzle games have been. (It's not done yet, but it's getting pretty close. I'm working on the asynchronous multiplayer portion now.) I started a company called Abstract Puzzle at that time.

I'm from Minneapolis, MN, and I've been going to my local IGDA chapter for quite a while now, and really enjoy the community that's grown up around that monthly gathering. Around the same time I quit my dayjob, I also started another monthly get-together for Mobile Game Devs (and game designers). You can find out more about that on our google group http://mnmobilegames.com/. If you're from Minneapolis, and into mobile games, you should stop by!

I've known about TIG source for a long time, and though I'm into reading blogs and other internet stuff, I've never really gotten into forums, but figured I should finally post here. Oh, and I have a twitter account also: @livingtech which I try to keep mostly game/work focused.

My gamedev blog: http://chesstris.com/
iOS Games: ActionChess & Oppo-Citrus
ColonelMustache
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5965 on: February 04, 2013, 09:42:22 PM »

Hi
   I'm Kyle from Canada. I've been lurking for a long time, playing all the half finished games, so I figured it's time I start giving some feedback. I've been messing around with game maker for the past year or two, learning the basics. I recently tried Nethack and have become completely addicted to it, and so have decided to make a simple futuristic graphical roguelike. Anyways I hope to enjoy much discussion in the future here!
Got_Rhythm
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5966 on: February 05, 2013, 08:54:27 AM »

Good morning,

My name is Dan, my main skill is writing and I am trying my hand at game design as a hobby and learning experience. Trying to teach myself a little of everything- art, digital art, design, HTML, C++, marketing, and just seeing what I am naturally best at or enjoy the most.

My first big project is called Necromancer, The Fight for Life. It is a Pokemon style monster capturing / training/ battling game but using all undead.

You can see some of what I have do far at www.necromancergame.com
There is some early art, story, script, blog and so on. I plan on being very active on the forum and hope I can be useful here too!
[bk]door.maus
Level 0

Remember what the dormouse said: feed your head.

View Profile
« Reply #5967 on: February 05, 2013, 03:16:17 PM »

Hello,

I'm Veiva, also known by the real life alias of Aaron Bolyard. I've been programming longer than I have been playing video games... During most of elementary, I only had access to school computers, though, so programming was...difficult*. Over time, my passion for programming general applications turned into one for video games.

The first game I played was the first Harry Potter game for the PC. I grew up around kids who always played Pokemon, Mario, and so on during elementary school, but I never bothered to try them out. The Harry Potter game was a surprise gift, but I enjoyed it very much. Soon after my brother and sister each received a GameBoy Advance, and then I became much more acquainted with the wonders of games.

Passions outside of games include writing and reading. These two hobbies are very close to my heart and are reflected in the current game I'm developing. Favorite authors include John Milton, William Shakespeare, Thoreau, and T.S. Eliot. Milton's Paradise Lost is perhaps my greatest inspiration as far as literature is concerned. I also love drawing even though I am still a beginner in this vast field.

Cameras are afraid of my beauty (not really--I just don't like pictures!), so here's a Ditto riding an Eevee:

*: Programming has gotten me in trouble when I attended publish school quite often. A teacher thought I plagiarized a math project of sorts when I wrote a program that tallied how many pennies it would take to get to the provided distance back in Middle School. Prior to that, when I doodled around with the Visual Basic scripting engine included with Windows (the only means for me to program on a school computer Tongue), I was informed it's not allowed Sad...

koïnsky
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5968 on: February 07, 2013, 02:19:45 AM »

Hey all,

I write stories since 2007. Until now, I have written mainly short stories. Some were published, quite a lot were not. But these works allowed me to learn the craft, step by step (I'm still a beginner I guess). Now I'm writing a book and, quite recently, I joined a development team, taking care of the scenario and speech of a game.

I've been following very interesting discussions in the art section of the forum, and thought I should register to be able to participate some time. Sorry if my English is not that good, I'm Belgian (french speaking).
Ulukai
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #5969 on: February 07, 2013, 05:00:52 AM »

Hey All,

I've been making games since about 1985 when I used to write crappy BASIC adventure games on an Amstrad CPC...

Then got into Level Design for Unreal Tournament from about 1999, using the nickname "Ulukai", which has kind of stuck.

Subsequently worked on both Thievery and Alien Swarm 2K4.

After this, was very tempted to be a professional 3D Level artist, but decided against it and became a programmer (not in a games capacity) who can also do some modelling and pixel art Tongue

In my spare time I've been working on a top down procedurally generated Gauntlet style game using XNA and C# and I'm hoping that I'll now find the motivation to Finish and Ship!
mrKaizen
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5970 on: February 07, 2013, 03:05:51 PM »

Hi ALL!
My name is ALberto Doriguzzi Bozzo, I'm an indy dev from Italy. My nick is mrKaizen, as you can see.
I made some point & click adv in the past (tony tough2 and 2 others on an Italian brand  called Prezzemolo) and some games in the old but not sooo glorius prograph research.

I'm in love with retrogaming, Genesis/Mega drive + DC most of all, but I'm trying to collect any console since 16 bit era. In the (every day less and less and less) spare time that I have, I like to watch asian movies of all kind and to do some parkour - when I'm not soo tired.

My all time favorite games are Turrican serie on C64, the 2D Shinobi arcade and MD versions, RE2 and all the games made by Treasure.
Today my favorite indies developer are Adam Saltsman, team Meat, Daniel Remar, Jonathan Blow and Terry Cavanagh.

The most overlooked indie game for me? Wind and water - puzzle battles. AMAZING.

Tks to the indie I found out that I like soo much chipmod music - the bad thing is that I'm the only one in my family Tongue

Today I'm developing some games with unity, one of them called Colossus Escape is posted here on Tig, and other one will see a beta soon.
I made the mistake to not introduce myself before my first post, but I'm cutting right now my right thumb - REALLY!
(Honestly I'm working 8 hour in the office and then at home until 4 in the morning to finish my first beta since months and  when I wrote my post it was late and I made not so much research. Sorry for that! I feel really bad fot that mistake).

Why I'm indie? Because  the freedom of doing what I like as I like is the best form of expression of myself and it gives me a lot of happiness.

That's all I think.
Ehi, if you are coming to Italy, near Venice, we can meet and chat a bit. I can speak also german,in case.
have a nice (dev) day. ^_^

invidious
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5971 on: February 07, 2013, 05:24:47 PM »

Hey everyone!

Signed up here a little while ago, but never posted anything. Well, a bit about me:

My name's Chris. Live in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada (eh!). I'm in my final year of high school and will be off to university next year, more than likely going for computer science.

I first started playing video games when I was 5 or 6, playing Pokemon Silver, Super Mario 64, Sonic 2 and Golden Axe with my friends. They're all some of my favorite games now, along with Mother 2 & 3, etc.

Started making games when I was 12 (in 2007). Game Maker (6.1!) got me started. Really wish I had found it earlier! It's a fantastic program for people looking to get started in game development or make up some quick prototypes. I wouldn't know what I know now about computers and game development if it weren't for this program (and the interwebs of course).

When I was fourteen I started looking into other languages, experimenting with Java, C, C++, assembly, Flash (mainly through HaXE or whatever its called), etc. I really got into C++. It was really more C than C++, I just encapsulated everything in classes, and ignored the rest of C++'s specific features.

I messed around with emulation for a bit. Very interesting stuff. Gets you very comfortable with dealing with stuff on a lower level. Learned a lot from that and was lots of fun.

After that, I started high school. Stopped programming and game dev around that time. Don't know exactly why, just lost motivation I guess? Worked on the odd small project every now and then, but really never took on much.

Anyways, after two years of doing little to no programming, I've been trying to get back into the groove of things. Indie gaming really seems to be booming, and its really exciting and inspiring to see all the games people create. Braid, Super Meat Boy and VVVVVV are a few of my person favorite indie games as of now. Also watched IGTM; inspiring to say the least.

Now, I'm working on my programming, getting my C++ skills where they should have been years ago. Also been experimenting with SFML, which is a bit like SDL (which I used previously), but does just about everything better, at least for my personal needs. Gonna work on my art skills too, and trying to squeeze in some time for playing games and coming up with some game ideas.

Hopefully I can get started on a game soon. I've always had a problem with completing things, especially games. The only time I do seem to get things done is if I stick to deadlines, otherwise I'll procrastinate things indefinitely. So, I'll probably have to set up some deadlines if I want to stand any chance of actually finishing something.

Well, thanks for reading and see ya around the forums! Hopefully I'll have a new game started up soon. Smiley

- invidious
mr_gant
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5972 on: February 07, 2013, 06:21:34 PM »

Hi there,

I'm a professional web developer based in Australia. I've been playing games for many years now, starting out here:

I dabble with game development in my spare time, and will hopefully have some cool things to show off in the coming months.
GaetanoLeonardi
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5973 on: February 08, 2013, 02:08:13 AM »

I'm Gaetano Leonardi, eclectic artist, indie developer, from italy. Here my site: "la boite indie".

i'd like pixel art, painting, code, comic. And i live in U6 world under the bed of LB.
i start playing videogame with a PHILIPS VIDEOPAC (i have one in the ORIGINAL BOX), then a Philips MSX(another in the ORIGINAL BOX, PC8088, 386, 586, etc...
i start drawing with DELUXE PAINT on 8086 4 color CGA card, on a green monitor!!!

i love RPG and for me the world ended with UO.

here some of what you find in the site:

Temple Of Ogrosh

Moffee Toys

La nuit a midi (COMIC)

« Last Edit: February 08, 2013, 02:33:20 AM by GaetanoLeonardi » Logged

Impmaster
Level 10

Scary, isn't it?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5974 on: February 08, 2013, 03:04:39 AM »

Woah, your stuff looks good.

Do I need a signature? Wait, now that I have a Twitter I do: https://twitter.com/theimpmaster
GaetanoLeonardi
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5975 on: February 08, 2013, 04:31:17 AM »

Thank you ImpMaster!!!
 Big Laff ZEEEELLL!!! 

wethesqueemish
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5976 on: February 08, 2013, 12:26:44 PM »

Hi everyone,

I've been lurking here for a while, I thought it was about time I got involved.

I'm Tim, an animator, filmmaker and game designer. I run an animation studio here in New Zealand called Mukpuddy. You can see our work at www.mukpuddy.com. I'm also part of the indie game and media company Pixelati and I'm working on a number of projects there as art director.

I started programming in Basic back in the eighties, and made a number of small games that no one ever played, text adventure games, shooters, and a few little platformers. Unfortunately I wasn't able to hoard my childhood as I moved from England to New Zealand when I was young, so I no longer have these games. I'd love to see them again.

I kind of got distracted by animation and film as I was growing up. Game development is something I always wished I'd kept up with, so now I'm relearning to program and diving headfirst back into game design.

Until I've wrapped my head around programming again, I'm using Construct 2 (which I absolutely adore) to make a few prototypes and my current full game, LockDrop. I'm planning on starting a devlog here for this project to keep me motivated.

As far as the kind of games I like to play, I'm a huge fan of games that explore the relationship between gameplay and animation, like Shadow of the Colossus and Ico. But really I love everything from Donkey Kong to Journey and all that lies between.

Looking forward to meeting you all.

Tim
manabreak
Level 0

dManabreak @ Twitter

View Profile
« Reply #5977 on: February 09, 2013, 12:55:12 AM »

Hey there!

I'm manabreak, a hobbyist developer from Finland. I'm a masters student of information processing, and I've worked in scientific 3D visualization and gaming companies in the last few years. I'm a 3D graphics enthusiast and love to work with models, shaders and such, but every now and then, I find myself doodling with 2D stuff as well. Smiley

Currently I'm working with my first heavy-scale project, which will be a mix of old and new in many ways. More about it in the feedback forum. ^_^
coppolaemilio
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5978 on: February 09, 2013, 08:37:40 AM »

Hello everybody! My name is Emilio. I’m 21 years old, was born in Argentina and raised in Spain.

I focus my energy on creating the video games that I have always wanted to play. My only purpose is to have fun while creating video games, because since very early in my childhood they’ve represented a form of expression and entertainment even more extensive and complex than the cinema or theater.

I never studied programming but I've used it for many tasks, so it has become something like my profession, my hobby, and also an area in life where I can help others. I am slowly figuring out the many puzzles of standard programming and achieving the translation of ideas into efficient code.

I’ve taken part in many open source projects. One of my creations is Stellar, a python version of the popular creation tool Game Maker: https://github.com/Coppolaemilio/stellar But it’s still under development.

The games me and my brother have created so far are:

Pixelry
http://www.desura.com/games/pixelry

Principia Mathematica
http://www.evelendgames.com/2011/11/new-title-principia-mathematica.html

Serenata
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/31195548/Serenata.zip

That’s all, happy to be here!

Sleeping at Evelend
Shiu
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5979 on: February 09, 2013, 04:38:11 PM »

Heya, my name is Søren Nielsen.

I'm a 32 year old games artist who have been doing game related "stuff" for the last many (I lost count) years.
I used to work professionally at a games company, doing games for PlayStation. The job description was 3D Character Artist, but I ended up doing a little of everything.
Got tired of the job and the way things were run so I quit and did freelance work instead for some years.

About a year ago, I teamed up with my good friend Nathan Sweet to work on small games mainly for the mobile market. Unfortunately (or fortunately?) we found the tools for 2D animation for games lacking a bit, so instead of doing a game, we decided to work on a tool for that. That was 7-8 months ago, and I'm now holed up in my apartment working day and night with Nate staying here.

That was a little about me, looking forward to being a part of the community here, and I hope I can contribute with something Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 297 298 [299] 300 301 ... 601
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic