Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411431 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 20, 2024, 03:14:32 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 299 300 [301] 302 303 ... 601
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1944456 times)
absenter
Level 1

I push pixels.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6000 on: February 21, 2013, 05:13:08 PM »

My name is Jeremy. I make art/music/games. I am working on a game right now. The game is called Dinosword. Here is a website that has a lot of my artwork on it.

jeremylowther.com

Feel free to get a hold of me about a project you might need art for.

Jeremy

FlameHaze
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6001 on: February 21, 2013, 06:31:10 PM »

Hi there.

I'm Tom Jeal, or FlameHaze.

I've been playing video games since I can remember. And although I'm still young, and therefore new to the industry, I plan to provide some interesting and unique titles in my time.

I've got something in the works at the moment, which I'll be sure to post here later on.
This forum looks friendly and informative. I will return once I've finally had some sleep!  Yawn
dangerneck
« Reply #6002 on: February 22, 2013, 07:29:41 AM »

Hi I'm Andrew.  I make games sometimes but mostly I accidentally trip into the depths of sorrow and isolation.

I have pretty good hair, a pretty good beard, and a few jackets.
mushbuh
Level 9

Epic Laughs await you, traveler *tips steampunkhat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6003 on: February 22, 2013, 10:05:49 AM »

Hi I make weird stuff and am working on a game about weird things that happen and weird stuff you have to do to make other things happen. Sometimes I make weird music too. My favorite food is bagels, I am normal just like you!

Graham-
Level 10

ftw

View Profile
« Reply #6004 on: February 22, 2013, 12:13:21 PM »

Hi I'm Graham. I have 1600 posts but never introduced myself. I'm pretty cool, and I write a lot. Phew, glad that's over.
mason
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #6005 on: February 22, 2013, 12:41:34 PM »

Greet !! I am a GAMEING create !!
I like for playing GAMEING VIDEO !!
My like indy game Cave Monogatari ...
I too Create GAMEING for Boy and Girl ...
I make game CODE / COLORED-SQUARE ARRAY / HEAR-SOUND for GAMEING create !!

PORTRAIT:

EAR:
http://vidya.nyafuu.org/fami/ear.wav

Thank !!
I love you !!

henkboom
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6006 on: February 22, 2013, 02:51:46 PM »

Hey, I'm Henk! A Montreal indie dev. I thought I'd created an account here several years ago but apparently I totally didn't, that is now fixed Smiley

I've worked on some smaller games like Pax Britannica and Diluvium, and right now I'm breathing sound doing all the programming on FRACT OSC!
HoosierGames
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6007 on: February 22, 2013, 03:05:51 PM »

Hello!

My name is Nathan Finley, and I'm the executive producer of an all-student video game design company called Hoosier Games, located at Indiana University. 

We were formed in 2010 and are becoming a legitimate operation.  We have just released our second game on the Xbox Live Arcade, and are moving from XNA to Unity Development. 

For more information, check out our website at www.HoosierGames.org

Thanks for welcoming me to the site!

Hoosier Games - Student Game Company
Sebioff
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #6008 on: February 23, 2013, 05:14:36 AM »

Hi, I'm Sebastian!
I've been reading this forum actively for many years and decided just now that it's finally time to actually create an account.
My interest for how games work got me into programming about 10-15 years ago...which eventually even led to me studying CS. Nevertheless, although I worked on a few games as hobby I never released one! Hopefully this will change in the future Smiley

Current devlog: Parkitect, a theme park simulation, currently on Kickstarter | Twitter
Simon Barsky
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6009 on: February 23, 2013, 01:36:26 PM »

Hello!
I'm Simon and I've been lurking here for a few years, time to start actually posting! Until recently I was a 3D artist working at DICE. I worked on Battlefield 3 and Need for Speed Hot Pursuit, among other games. I quit last October to give studying a try, and I'm making my own games in Unity as well.
TwistedJenius
Level 0

Entertainment with Brains, Brains with Bite!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6010 on: February 24, 2013, 06:16:59 AM »

Hi, I'm John Prophet, the co-owner and head of art at Twisted Jenius. I enjoy entertainment, watching it and creating it. I'm a huge fan of dark comedy and anime. My favorite topic is villains and I write a lot about "evil" philosophy.

My associate and I have recently come out with our first game, Twisty's Asylum Escapades, and I'd love for you to try it. It's a dark, 3D, single player action adventure video game that is completely free to download and play. Come take a look and tell us what you think!

« Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 06:27:51 AM by TwistedJenius » Logged

Here's the DevLog of the game I'm currently working on- Reptile Zoo: The Sinister Mutation
Vote for it on Steam Greenlight!
NightPatrol
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6011 on: February 25, 2013, 03:00:09 AM »

Hey everybody! I don't remember if I've introduced my self yet, so here goes. My name is Simeon Atanasov. I'm a graphics guy, tho I do the occasional programming (on a very amateur level, but trying to learn new stuff all the time). I'm currently finishing my Masters in Interaction Design, but my thesis is on juicy feedback in games, so it's more game design than anything else.

I've been making small games for a while, mostly for my self as a result of learning stuff or for my friends, but it's high time I started working more serious on this stuff, as games are something that I keep close at heart Smiley I've used game maker for a long while and am getting better and better with Unity3D. For graphics I've used Ps, 3Ds Max, Illustrator (from the pro tools, mostly during my Bachelors) and Gimp, Blender and a bunch of other cool freeware graphics software that I occasionally find in around the web. But my most favorite tools are a sheet of paper and a pencil (tho I don't have as much time to draw today as I did before).

I joined this forum, because I saw that this is one of the most powerful and thriving game design communities and I'm bound to learn something awesome while I'm here. My first posts here were with the beginning of the Sports compo a while back, where I threw in a couple of entries, which sadly I couldn't finish due to a severe lack of time. Not a good start, I know, but I'm looking forward to sharing my future projects with you (which hopefully will have better faith than the aforementioned entries Grin ).

Anyways, nice to meet you all! Cheers!
editmode
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6012 on: February 25, 2013, 12:01:40 PM »

Hi,

My name's Kevin, I'm a game design consultant focused mainly on social and mobile. Before that I worked in studios on a few Wii titles and some PS3/X360 prototypes. In years past I also made several games in Game Maker which you can check out via my sig - they are a little embarrassing now as I was hindered by lack of a real programmer and my design skills still being WIP but anyway...

Getting back into the indie scene now, working on a "professional" indie title that is still in its early days. Love coming here and seeing what everyone is up to, very inspiring.

UFO Dad coming soon!
SkullTheatre
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6013 on: February 26, 2013, 11:19:18 AM »

Hi there!

My name's Jeff and I'm part of a small indie studio in Seattle called Skull Theatre.  We're hard at work on our first title, Rustclad, which we're hoping to release next year.  It's still very early in development so we don't have too many details to share yet, but it's going to be a 3D adventure game that plays around with the concepts of identity and perception.

We've been giving a lot of attention to our art style, since we're trying something a little bit different.  Nearly all of our art is built by hand and 'captured' and scanned into our engine. 

We went this way because it lets us create beautiful art without having to do any digital authoring, and we get to work in a medium where realism is a natural byproduct rather than a conscious effort.  Plus, it's a lot of fun to build a video game by hand.

Anyways, we wanted to give you a little sneak peek of where we're going with our world.  We've put together a short video showing some early shots of the game.  We hope that you enjoy it, and that you keep an eye on our project.  We'll be releasing lots more information about our game and the world of Rustclad on our blog at www.rustclad.com over the next month or two.  You can also follow Skull Theatre on Facebook and Twitter.

You can find the video here:

More screenshots here:
http://skulltheatre.wordpress.com/2013/02/26/screenshots-2/

We'd love to hear what you think.  We're a really small team so feedback is much appreciated.

Thanks for listening!   
melos
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #6014 on: February 26, 2013, 02:22:07 PM »

Hi there!

My name's Jeff and I'm part of a small indie studio in Seattle called Skull Theatre.  We're hard at work on our first title, Rustclad, which we're hoping to release next year.  It's still very early in development so we don't have too many details to share yet, but it's going to be a 3D adventure game that plays around with the concepts of identity and perception.

We've been giving a lot of attention to our art style, since we're trying something a little bit different.  Nearly all of our art is built by hand and 'captured' and scanned into our engine. 

We went this way because it lets us create beautiful art without having to do any digital authoring, and we get to work in a medium where realism is a natural byproduct rather than a conscious effort.  Plus, it's a lot of fun to build a video game by hand.

Anyways, we wanted to give you a little sneak peek of where we're going with our world.  We've put together a short video showing some early shots of the game.  We hope that you enjoy it, and that you keep an eye on our project.  We'll be releasing lots more information about our game and the world of Rustclad on our blog at www.rustclad.com over the next month or two.  You can also follow Skull Theatre on Facebook and Twitter.

You can find the video here:

More screenshots here:
http://skulltheatre.wordpress.com/2013/02/26/screenshots-2/

We'd love to hear what you think.  We're a really small team so feedback is much appreciated.

Thanks for listening!   

that looks cool - any chance of starting a devlog here?

play hydlide 2
aberrantmind
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #6015 on: February 27, 2013, 01:03:27 AM »

Hey all! I'm new to the scene and have recently begun learning to code. I originally started awhile back with c and c++, but stopped after a couple of months when I got news that my wife and I were expecting.

Anyways, been a few years and some change and in my spare time I've gotten into writing and game design through tabletop rpgs. Over the last month I've been using Game Maker Studio and learning GML.

My current goal is to be able to use GMstudio to quickly create prototypes of whatever mechanics pops into my head. The information I've found on these forums have been incredibly helpful. Looking forward to learning more!

Max_Marozaw
Level 0

Navina Games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6016 on: February 27, 2013, 10:01:26 AM »

Hi all, Smiley
My name is Max Marozaw.
24 years old. I love retro style games and I like when game is a challenge. So I’m trying to start my indie-developer way.
Ocupation: Game designer, indie developer

oilandsugar
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #6017 on: February 27, 2013, 08:56:35 PM »

Hi my name is Tommy, I'm 24, live in Saint-Hyacinthe, Québec (not too far from Montreal) and i look like this :

I think I pretty much always been interested in diverse forms of gaming. But as for video games I really love the retro stuff, the pixels, the big polygons and the crunchy sounds. More recently I discovered the indie game scene and some of my favourite games (swords and sorcery and the games of Aliceffekt are pretty much at the top)

My principal occupation is running my own graphic and web design company the called oil and sugar workshop. I design stuff digitally and code all day basically, in my little studio space at home and it's pretty awesome. The stuff i enjoy the most doing in this job is identity design and creating fluid and responsive websites.

I got into game design about 4 days ago, for a project that I intended to do in graphic novel format at the start. This project, Walking through the fields of Dysnomia was not exactly going where I thought it could go after finishing and printing the first book. I thought the 3d illustration and the graphic style would be better exploited in interactive form. So here I am, my first training game designed in about 2 days and subscribing to this forum for some feedback and sharing.

I will post about my first game and my upcoming project soon on this forum, in the meantime enjoy a little sreenshot Smiley
atraxgames
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6018 on: February 28, 2013, 03:24:01 AM »

Hi I'm Sebastiano, from Italy. I'm a big fan of adventure games and since I have played Monkey Island 2 I've always wanted to make one.
My favorite videogame moment:

I'm currently working on Epic Metal Knights, a point n click adventure inspired by the ridiculous exaggerated epicness of epic metal rock.

Currently developing Slasher Corp Twitter Facebook
Bright Sprite Games
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6019 on: February 28, 2013, 06:54:30 PM »

Hello we are indie game developers Bright Sprite Games.
You can check out our website here at

www.brightspritegames.com

We will be announcing our latest project on the forums shortly.
Pages: 1 ... 299 300 [301] 302 303 ... 601
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic