Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 12:31:31 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 300 301 [302] 303 304 ... 601
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1907818 times)
batastrophe
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #6020 on: March 01, 2013, 02:35:14 AM »

Hi, I'm Fearghal and I am Fearghal (That's pronounced Feral)

I have loved games ever since I got my first Atari, From there I got an NES, just like most people born in that era. From there my interest only grew and quickly moved from system to system. (NES/SNES/Commadore/PC...) I always wanted to create my own worlds but didn't think it possible until later in life. I've always found art to be my passion and was forced into a field I now do not care for. (Graphic and Web Design)

I blame Richard Garriott for my interest in game design and I strive to create games as good as Ultima.
I quit my career as a graphic designer to focus on art full time a couple years ago. It is very rewarding to be able to bring things to life from nothing.

With the help of a programmer friend of mine I am working on my first game.
ThunderMare
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6021 on: March 01, 2013, 12:51:16 PM »

Hello everyone,

My name is Aleksandar, game developer from Macedonia. Just like everyone else here I share an interest and passion in video games.  Ever since I got my first NES years ago I’ve spent thousands of hours playing all sorts of games.

My childhood games are a big inspiration to me and sometimes when nostalgia strikes I install them and play them for the 100th time .

These are some of the games that are my personal favorites

Raptor was one f the first vertical strollers I've played and it remains my favorite one.

Tyrian is my second best. This game had some very interesting gameplay elements introduced in vertical shoot em up games.

The Strike series have a different approach but are equally good and fun to play. Jungle Strike is my best in the series.

There are many others like Aero Fighters, Blazing Star witch defined this vertical stroller era, and i must say that it's sad we rarely see games like these nowadays.

After I graduated from college, me and a friend of mine thought about developing our own game with a primary inspiration of our childhood games. After we began some of our other friends gained interest in our project so they joined us to lend a hand. After 2 years of development we got our first results of our game. Now we are called Tesseract Interactive, an upstart game development company and our first game is called Excubitor.

If you are interested in the game we are developing please check out our website.

www.excubitorgame.com

also you can watch some videos on our youtube channel.
http://www.youtube.com/user/TesseractGames

I will be posting in the Announcements board for detailed info about Excubitor.

Thanks for reading. Smiley
« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 06:37:33 AM by ThunderMare » Logged

marvinhawkins
Level 1

I love lamp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6022 on: March 02, 2013, 09:50:06 AM »

Allow me to reintroduce myself, my name is Marv! V to the I-N…

Crap, that's the only hot lyric i can spit. Oh well. My name is MarvinH. I go by @MarvinHawkins on Twitter. I was a follower of the indie scene for years, a game school, and several projects later, I am finally comfortable calling myself an indie developer. I live in Chicago, which is one of the greatest cities in the world. We have the best food, and I'm totally not biased.

Why am I here? Well I love indie games. I'm a veteran of sites like Indiegamer.com, and need a new forum community.

Right now, I'm working on my first solo title, while supporting a few indie titles that are available in the app store. (Links Below). I love all kinds of games, but lately more of my time is spent on social. Outside of games, I like reading and love sports. If it wasn't for games, I'd probably be pursuing a path in that. Right now, I'm working on the 12 Games a year challenge (1 a month) as a way to force myself finish the various projects that remain unfinished. Any other questions, just ask!

Twitter: Twitter.com/MarvinHawkins
IndieDB: http://www.indiedb.com/games/bonus-stage-inc

chrysiridia
« Reply #6023 on: March 02, 2013, 05:02:09 PM »

[Tyrian screenshot]
Heck yes Tyrian. Probably the third (fourth?) videogame I was ever introduced to, the first two being Tetris and Jazz Jackrabbit. I can't remember if I was introduced to Super Mario World before or after that. Just downloaded it a couple of days ago from gog.com to play it again - it's aged very well.

Anyway, I'm Chrysiridia. I'm taking a videogame design class at my university this quarter, and it's gotten me totally interested in making games long term. I'm studying art (also biology, which has less obvious overlap, but still relevant!), and videogames are the first medium I've encountered where I've been excited enough to think about working on them long term. I am interested in them as an art form to some extent, but mostly I just dig a good game.

I'd like to stick around and learn as much as I can so I can get over that nothing-I-make-is-as-good-as-I-want-it-to-be phase as quickly as possible. Working with Stencyl for class, but hoping to get into C# as soon as school stops kicking my butt.
Jisho
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6024 on: March 02, 2013, 05:54:36 PM »

Howdy all!

I just discovered TIGSource and wow super cool!

A little about myself. I am a software engineer and develop control systems for helicopters and military aircraft during the day.

At night I make some money, with the help of Unity, making interactive displays. However, at the beginning of this year my partner and I decided to actually make video games with Unity! (I've wanted to make videos ever since I was twelve years old.)

Super pumped to see what other Indies are up to and to show you all what we are up to.
Ajene
« Reply #6025 on: March 03, 2013, 01:08:34 AM »

Well I am recently getting back to game dev, joined the army and have been in for almost 2 years, Injured my spine, my left leg, and a bunch of other body parts that has been keeping me from deployments lol. So no point in staying in if I cant deploy(deployments are the way I can really do my job) Stuck up here in Alaska hating life, for some reason the Army likes to put us southern boys in cold places lol.

Look forward to getting back into game development, maybe it'll keep me from going crazy up here.
Schilcote
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #6026 on: March 03, 2013, 09:59:18 AM »

Oh dear. Perhaps I should have examined this forum more closely before I joined.

Ah well.

I am Schilcote, and I code in Python. I write games. I used to have a moustache, but I shaved it.
jrhee
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6027 on: March 03, 2013, 02:30:38 PM »

Hi! I'm John. Here's a picture of me playing some Daytona USA/blowing minds:

I'm working on a story driven, tactical RPG called Liege. I'll be posting a devlog here in a bit, but here are some screenshots for now:

Some of my all-time favorites games include FFVI and Tactics, Chrono Trigger, Morrowind, the Civilizations, Shadow of the Colossus, Starcraft, and Quake II. I love games and what I believe games can be, and want to see them evolve from what today’s games (as a whole) have become. Recently, games like Sword & Sworcery, Bastion, Hunters, and Ravenmark:SOE are what inspire me and what I play. These are the types of games I hope to make.

Cheers! Toast Right

CODA GAMES | DEVLOG | WEBSITE | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | EMAIL
leafo
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6028 on: March 03, 2013, 04:31:00 PM »

Hello I'm leafo. I thought I had an account here a long time ago, but I guess not. I've made a few games for Ludum Dare:

http://leafo.net/#games

I make websites, music and games. But I mostly program. Follow me on GitHub if that's your thing: https://github.com/leafo

I make all my games in my own programming language called MoonScript (http://moonscript.org), which compiles down to Lua. Then I run them in Love2d

I'm slowly making a game not in the confines of Ludum Dare. You can follow any of my endeavours on my blog: http://leafo.tumblr.com/

Here's a cool gif from my last Ludum Dare entry, I hope it's not too big:

niteshg16
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6029 on: March 03, 2013, 08:56:16 PM »

Hi, I am Nitesh.

I am currently working on a fast paced roguelike game.
Flourish
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #6030 on: March 03, 2013, 09:20:53 PM »

Hey guys,

Working on a game for Android/iOS at the moment. It's a runner-like game, but it may have levels. It's my first solo-developed game, so that's why it's a casual game rather than the dream epic Witcher 2/Skyrim crossbreed I really wanna make lol. Will hopefully release it sometime this year.

Prototype is almost complete. Can't wait to show it to the world when it's ready. Looking forward to checking out the games from the people on these forums!

Good luck everyone!

- Flourish
erik
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6031 on: March 04, 2013, 12:35:14 AM »

Hello everyone.  I created this account a while ago, but never got around to introducing myself.

My name is Erik.  Game development is a favorite hobby of mine, though it's often difficult to make time for it.  I used to participate in LD48's pretty regularly:
http://www.ludumdare.com/compo/author/erik/

Lately my game dev time has been going into Life Goes On, a project that started at the 2012 Global Game Jam.

As for early influences and that sort of thing... the big one that comes to mind is the Space Quest series.  Particularly Space Quest III.  I loved that game as a kid.  The internet generally doesn't seem to have as much nostalgia for it as I do though.

Happy game deving everyone.

Life Goes On - Use your dead bodies to solve puzzles and make progress.

Feedback Thread
dangersam
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6032 on: March 04, 2013, 04:03:59 PM »

Hey all, Sam here.  I guess you could say I'm a "veteran" in the industry (i.e. old Smiley), having worked professionally as a games programmer for nearly 15 years.  Originally from the UK, I have lived in Vancouver, Canada for many years, working at EA (most recently as lead rendering engineer on SSX).

A few months ago I quit EA to try my hand at indie development, the time seemed right for a new challenge!  I'm now working on a first person exploration and construction game.

Here it is in action:

My dev blog: http://dangersam.tumblr.com/

It's truly inspiring to see just how many indie devs are on here making cool stuff, I wish you all the best with your projects!

Cheers,
Sam

draconiansolo
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6033 on: March 04, 2013, 04:26:43 PM »

Hello Everybody!

I'm Nicolas Coronado. The thought of making games is the only thing that keeps me going.
My entire life it was my dream to make games but life is distracting and sometimes you just don't get the education you were looking for; I got distracted by 3d, and then compositing and ended up working for films and tv as I never found how I fitted in the whole game making thing. I'm usually a VFX compositor, currently doing some digital compositing at Framestore, in London UK. I also have a small venture in Colombia -where I am from- called Autobotika, we do vfx and want to do concept design and games and stuff.

When I'm not working overtime I'm programming stuff; I started doing bunches of creative coding using processing and now I am making the leap to Java.

I've written "I" Lots of times in this introduction because that's the way I was taught to write in english. It starts so sound horribly selfish with time.

My favorite games ever would be Mario 3, Final Fantasy Tactics, Chrono Cross and Vagrant Story in the big budget side of things; In the sunnier Indie side I've really loved Limbo, Super Meatboy, Red Rouge, Teleglitch and Risk of rain.

I'm working on several game Ideas, one prototype in particular which I'd love to show you guys when it is more polished. And when I get how this whole internet forum thing works.

In the meantime, I can show you the shortfilm I made with a bunch of friends a couple of years ago. http://draconiansolo.wordpress.com/2011/11/26/diastole-fuckyeah/
eigenbom
Level 10

@eigenbom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6034 on: March 04, 2013, 04:29:48 PM »

hello new people, welcome!

mushbuh
Level 9

Epic Laughs await you, traveler *tips steampunkhat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6035 on: March 04, 2013, 06:40:59 PM »

hello new people, welcome!
Thanks moonmanman

smashthewindow
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6036 on: March 04, 2013, 06:58:10 PM »

Hi all,

I'm a high school student interested in working in the field of game dev.

And I like to create cool stuff.

That's pretty much it.
bitSmithGames
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6037 on: March 05, 2013, 09:32:47 AM »

Hello all, from rainy Dublin!

We are bitsmith Games, based in Ireland.

We released our first game for iPad in January, with other versions on the way!

you can check it out here:
http://bitsmithgames.com/Games/ku-shroud-of-the-morrigan/

AHOY!
toborprime
Level 1

You're luggage - *blam*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6038 on: March 05, 2013, 11:12:20 AM »

Greetings, folks! I recently came across TIGSource and it's super fancy!

Who's in the mood for a (probably) overly verbose intro?!

My name is Matt and I like to make comics, music, sometimes movies and messes.

In the spirit of the original post, here's what I look like being a dweeb on Halloween:

My first real foray into gaming was thanks in no small part to Super Mario Bros. Sorta trite, I know, but damn did that thing set off fireworks in my brain (... and on screen. Sometimes.).

I didn't have a PC growing up, so I spent a lot of prepubescent years coveting my grade school chums' titles like Doom and Daggerfall.

Bastards.

Once I did get my grubby hands on a cream colored box that could perform complex calculations,
it came in the form of a "Power PC" Macintosh sporting (or, severely crippled by) a suite of
software called Performa, or some damn thing. I was largely limited to what Blizzard, Bungie and
Lucas Arts had to offer but once I got a copy of Warcraft II, I was done for. Thanks especially
to the map editor, I shot that thing up like... like something really awesomely bad for you.

There were plenty of other games that reduced me to a smoldering pile of couch potato that I
encountered over the years. Call me Looney Tunes, but I count Zelda II and Super Mario Bros. 2
among them. (gotta love being able to use roman numerals and regular digits in the same sentence!) And, I feel I would be sorely remiss in my duties as a human if I didn't mention mutha fuckin' RUNE!!

I had always excitedly entertained the idea of game development, but outside of keeping some journals containing game ideas, playing with sprites and tilesets, and a couple semesters of C++ in highschool, I never dove in.

A couple years ago I really needed something different and fun to work on, so I started a little passion project - a game I had always wanted to play but just didn't quite exist. I hadn't really put any serious time into it except for the odd month or three whre I obsessed over the thing. Recently I was given the super mind blowingly awesome gift of getting to work on my game full time! Yay!

This seems like a great community - lots of creativity and inspiration to be had. I look forward to hanging out and seeing what everyone's working on!

TL;DR Rune is awesome.

Cheers!
Impmaster
Level 10

Scary, isn't it?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6039 on: March 05, 2013, 05:35:29 PM »

Alright! Welcome!

Do I need a signature? Wait, now that I have a Twitter I do: https://twitter.com/theimpmaster
Pages: 1 ... 300 301 [302] 303 304 ... 601
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic